DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 05-11-2008, 01:39
Silver Member

24 y/o Male
Caustik is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Took 12 triple Cs aka Coricidin, didnt trip

First time swim has tried triple c's was last night. Stuck in his room, swim popped 8 of the little red pills hoping to experience a new high. Swim knows that the pills could take up to 2 hours in some cases to kick in so he was patient. After 3 hours, swim fell asleep and woke up the next day dissappointed.
Today, swim took 12 of the badboys expecting a trip without a doubt. He also smoked weed about 2 hours after taking them to lessen his frustration about the pills still not kicking in. Again, the pills didn't kick in and swim went home dissappointed (leading to him typing this up)

Swim didnt eat 2 hours prior either time...
Swim has never used DXM before...
Swim used the right product...
Why didnt swim trip?

Also: swim understand triple c's is bad for you blah blah but swim couldnt find the robo gel tabs anywhere and swim doesnt have the stomach to drink the liquid, so please, no comments on how bad triple C is for you.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please be careful with your body
Old 05-11-2008, 02:01
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6
Re: Took 12 triple c, didnt trip

It's not about Triple C's being "bad", it's about them being fatal. I don't think Swiy has the right idea about why they are not supposed to be used. If Swiy can't get DXM only, do not attempt to use DXM combo products.

As for why it did not work, there are plenty of possible reasons. Is Swiy on medications? What was the contents of Swiy's stomach? What was the particular product they took?

Exactly.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:05
Gold Member

Male from United States
purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.
Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I don't think bad is the word your looking for, taking corcidin is dangerous, and it could kill you. Do not take corcidin again. Take only products that contain DXM, with no other ingredients. Corcidin is one of the worst products. Zicam mist, robogels, etc contain only DXM.

Why didn't swim trip? He didn't take enough for one, but its a damn good thing he didnt because corcidin doesnt even give the same effects as DXM only containing products. Please don't try this again, do more research on DXM starting the DXM section of this site, read all the stickys basics and direct info on the drug that swiy will be taking. One bottle of robogels, one bottle of zicam mist is a good starting dose. In no way should this harm reduction forum promote nor help someone get high from a substance that could kill them.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:12
Silver Member

Male from United States
Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.Euthanatos93420 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 329, Level: 2 Points: 329, Level: 2 Points: 329, Level: 2

Try looking for Zicam Cough Max spray, it's the best. x2 and you will feel it w/o a doubt. And don't take CCC's again
Old 05-11-2008, 11:32
Gold Member

Male from United States
purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.

If the product is zicam night mist(its more concentrated) I would not recommend one take 2 bottles for a first time dose. In fact Phaze would start with 1 bottle regardless. A strong DXM trip can be very good, or as phaze so very well knows it can go tragically. When it goes bad, it goes very bad and seems to never end. Best to have a little experience before trying a 4+ platuea trip.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:21
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

34 y/o Male from United States
Pope Albacore is captain of the psychonauts.Pope Albacore is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3

SWIM is curious, can one use the DXM extraction method on the Zicam spray? Has SWIY tried it? If so it seems to SWIM like it would be easier because of the liquid itself being of higher concentration. Maybe this is a silly question but SWIM is just curious.

-Pope Albacore
Old 05-11-2008, 14:40
Gold Member

Male from United States

Ofcourse some form of extraction could be done, that can be done on anything. With it only being equivalent to one shot what would be the point.

Cool.
Old 05-11-2008, 19:51
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

The Agent Lemon method works great for Swim, and for tons of DXM products EXCEPT polisterex. You don't want this stuff

Google Agent Lemon. The process is simple, easy, cheap, and quick.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:08
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
darrick41 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I am sorry swiy didn't trip. But I do advise you to search these boards before asking questions like these. NO ONE here is going to help swiy get a better trip from CCC. They are fatal. swiY didn't die. That's wonderful, but before even questioning the proper way for next trip, swiy should chose another way to get there. There are hundreds of posts here about different ways of getting dxm only. Please don't become a statistic. dxm can be great if researched and done properly. Please research it. And next time you will have a better experience!

Happy tripping!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:07
Titanium Member

Male
Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.
Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4

"Dude! I totally played Russian Roulette last night. But dude! We pulled the trigger six times and nothing happened! What the hell?!? I want someone to win!

And don't tell me about how Russian Roulette is bad for you! We couldn't find anything else to play!"

Seriously now. Triple-Cs are not just more dangerous than DXM alone. They're very, very dangerous and likely to kill someone if they go overboard.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, get a hold of SWIY and tell him to never, ever use them again. It doesn't matter if he can't get anything else to trip on. It's better to not trip than to push up the daisies.

As to why SWIY didn't trip, well, it could be a lot of things. Body weight could be one, and DXM dosages should be measured in mg/kg, with about 4-6mg/kg a good starting dose for a second-plateau experience. One should never exceed 15mg/kg! Other factors could be medications SWIY was on at the time, or something as simple as psychological expectations.

If SWIY was going to do this again, he should read the DXM FAQ first. It's informative, intelligent, and highly entertaining. Regarding product choices, his best bet is Zicam Cough Mist.

good advice here
Old 09-11-2008, 02:54
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
thealmassi1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 427, Level: 3 Points: 427, Level: 3 Points: 427, Level: 3

I don't want to be one of those broken recorder people, but seriously dude, SWIy's risking his life everytime he takes CCC.

Anyways, even eating 3 hours prior to tripping can be too soon. SWIM fasts for at least 5 hours before dosing and if SWIY's meal was big, it could be the reason why SWIY didn't trip. Also, 12 CCC isn't a whole lot (it's about ?360 mg?) , but definitely enough to trip mad balls , but as I said before, the combination of the low dose and the food could be the reason.

This is just speculation, but there are people with an extremely low tolerance to dxm, so logic tells me that there must be people with a ridiculously high tolerance to dxm - just a thought.

Lastly, to save SWIy from killing himself and ruining the reputation of DXM even more... I advise SWIy to look into extractions. They take 1-2 hours and are pretty simple and straight-forward. SWIm has done them before and their yield is usually 90% or more. Now SWIM just takes gelcaps - easier, but expensive.
Only extract from DXM only syrups.
Old 30-01-2009, 22:15
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Jabrol2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

Ok im not going to read all of the posts, theres alot lol.
Anyways dont worry, i know people who have taken 1000 mgs and didnt trip, or they said they didnt atleast.
Ummmm CCC by themselves not a good idea in my opinion. Mix them with the robo gels, Swim took 24 by themselves and didnt have that great of a trip.
but when swim mixed 18 CCC with 900 mgs of robo gels. WOOOOOO SWIM hit the void!!! what a night lol!! anyways hope this helps!

Jabrol2001 added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

AS well. The thing in CCC that makes them bad is an amphetimene, not sure of the name but just look at the box. I believe that you can take (correct me if im wrong) 24 mgs of the amphetimene. SWIM took twice that and then some and nothing bad happened. But mixing the amphetimene with dxm in SWIM's opinion is one hell of a trip!

if you're not going to read, don't post, don't self incriminate, don't talk about things you don't know about (it's not an amphetamine)

Last edited by ThirdEyeFloond; 07-07-2009 at 00:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 02:50

Male
sigurros is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

Some helpful information:

DON'T TAKE TRIPLE C'S.

The only product that i would recommend for a DXM trip would be Robitussin Cough Gels, DXM is the only active ingredient, and you can get high off of one pack (although i would also recommend taking a dose of about 24-28 coughgels)
A pack contains 20 cough gels, and costs Approx $7 Canadian.
Old 08-02-2009, 16:02
Silver Member

25 y/o Female from United States
supern0thing is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1

the thing with CCC's is that damn antihistamine in them. however, in a box of CCC's, there are 64mg, where as you could have to double that for it to be lethal (140mg is lethal). from swim's experience, that little tiny bit actually gives the trip a little boost. i've never almost died or anything because of CCC's. kids die that way because they don't research things. i think it's safe to assume that as long as one sticks with just one box of CCC's, that's safe, because that's nowhere even NEAR the lethal dose of whatever that antihistimine's name is haha
Old 08-02-2009, 16:28
gmeziscool2354 gmeziscool2354 is nu online
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.

yeah guys, you are all overeacting here. 12 CCC's do not contain enough chloral maleate to do any serious damage, and you are not "risking your life every time you take them"

given its probably not wise to take 12 times the therapeutic dose of chloral maleate, this probably wasn't the worst decesion i've heard of some one on this board make.
Old 08-02-2009, 20:39
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
thealmassi1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 427, Level: 3 Points: 427, Level: 3 Points: 427, Level: 3

^^^ What ppl forget is that the antihistamine is not being ingested alone. Yes, 140 mg is the lethal dose if taken without DXM, but you are not taking into account that SWIMMERS are overdosing on DXM also. These two drugs compete for the same enzymes in the liver making it possible to be seriously harmed psychologically and physically or even die from a dose of CPM far lower than 140mg.

We are simply suggesting to stop harming SWIYs' bodies... It makes me mad when ppl die from taking too many CCC's because DXM is blamed for the death in the article. CPM is usually just a sidenote. It gives the public awareness of the drug and puts more pressure on the government to regulate its use. It's easily preventable, use 8 ccc's or less OR JUST USE A DIFFERENT SYRUP/GELS.

amen brother (or sister). this post had lots of good advice and i agree, cpm is not identified as the culprit in DXM deaths tho it often is
Old 22-02-2009, 06:51

Male from United States
guntroll needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

During an archaeological digging I found a stone carving with the following inscription:
Quote:
I used to be able to feel 150 mgs. Now, I need 450 (or Zicam). It's not even really tolerance, 600 does almost as much as it used to, but doses in the lower spectrum, have no worth while effect. It happened during last Summer, after months on DXM sobriety and a month of complete sobriety, all the sudden, they dissappeared.

12 coros isn't all that much. 360 mg, all I'd expect is a 1st plateau, easy dissmissable when already high. It'd just make you more stoned. Go take a Zicam Cough MAX. If you don't feel anything, try a Zicam and a bottle of Robo Gels. If that some how doesn't work, Jesus doesn't love you anymore. If you can't stand the taste of the standard sizzurp (I find it really easy to down with chaser, esspecially energy drinks), try Delsym. Mix it with Sprite, mmm. You need like three bottles of it (35$! I always steal it), but it's polisterex (a shit load) so you'll be on the moon for HOURS. My HBr trips last 2-3 1/2 hours, this lasts like 10. No fucking joke.
Are you taking St. John's wort? That kills DXM, I've heard.

Last edited by ThirdEyeFloond; 07-07-2009 at 00:47. Reason: selfincrimination
Old 19-06-2009, 03:44

Male
Thelonefefe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Re: Loss of caring about oneself

SWIM takes triple c's for his dose of DXM and normally around 15-17 tablets, weight about 125 pds
Old 19-06-2009, 04:42
Silver Member

Male
Taken is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Re: Loss of caring about oneself

Do not take triple c's! people die off of this stuff and you could to. Try long acting Robitussin or another Dxm only product from this list; Damnit some one help me post this LInk. I don't have 50 + post. Some one post Erowid's guide to DXM in Non-Prescription drugs.

DrugsCoricidin [HBP] Cough & Cold Tablets
by Schering-Plough HealthCare
Active Ingredients (per tablet):

* Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4mg, X 15/17 = 60/68mg!
* DXM HBr 30mg.

Note: This is one of the more problematic products as some people have very strong reactions to Chlorpheniramine Maleate, which is present at higher doses in tablets of this product. There have been several reports of significant negative reactions (including fatalities) to this product when taken in high doses.

* Chlorpheniramine Maleate
o High doses of Chlorpheniramine Maleate (CPM) can cause severe and life-threatening symptoms including seizures; shortness of breath or troubled breathing; weakness; loss of consciousness; severe dryness of mouth, nose, or throat; bleeding from skin, mouth, eyes, rectum, and vagina; and possibly death.
o We have seen recommendations that no more than 24 mg of CPM be taken in a day.
o Medline Plus Chlorpheniramine
o Search PubMed
o See Experiences with CPM Containing DXM Products

Helpful. Good warning.
Good info.
Good warning. Enjoy silver!
Old 26-06-2009, 01:20

22 y/o Female
NanookRubsIt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Maybe your friend bought the wrong kind.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:15

21 y/o Male from United States
swimswims should review received reputation comments.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Re: Took 12 triple Cs aka Coricidin, didnt trip

1 in 10 caucasians are poor Dxm metabolizers. Are you sure you got the right box of tripple c's? There a red, blue, and purple. Purples the infamous tripple c's they look like skittles.
Old 13-01-2012, 22:36
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19
Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2%
Re: Took 12 triple Cs aka Coricidin, didnt trip

Stop right there. CC&C is dangerous, like way more then pretty much anything else OTC.

DO NOT consume products containing anything other then DXM.

Recently there was a mention that Corocedrin may have a DXM only product on the market, that would be safe to use, but NO OTHER products by this company.

Other points, 1 out of 10 are poor metabolizers and TRIPP BALLZ for days off of DXM. The absence of CYP-D-6 results in the inability for the body to eliminate DXM and so it takes much longer to

Also this thread is a few years old and your post doesn't really add anything to the conversation. When resurrecting old threads, try to offer new insight and information that will be usable to future readers. Asking members who haven't logged in, in thee years, a question like this isn't going to get an answer.

Share this on:

Tags
bad ideas, ccc's, dxm and anti-histamines, triple c's