Notices

Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 12-09-2005, 22:52
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

FloaterGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Blacking out while on MDMA

Hi guys.. I am new here. I am not new to eating beans tho! My husband and I got to where we were eating 5-10 pills a weekend a peice every weekend. So we stopped for 8 whole long months. His birthday was Sept 10..so I got a 10 pack of some thick ass pills. Well about an hour after the first on i was peaking, by the time I took the third one I was gone!!! I barley remember taking the last two. Equaling me out to five..I know I know...after the 3rd one I should have stopped.

After the 3rd one my husbands eye lashing were dancing and things were breathing at me..rolf..i had never tripped this hard of E. (or whatever it was in the pill) that part was fine..only thing is...I blacked out a few times. I cant really explain it..i just kinda closed my eyes and went out kinda like sleeping but not..but when i would come back (in like 2 secs) I was talking gibberish. Like the end of a sentence.

For example,(I work with work order numbers all day at work...) I was sitting on the couch and when I came back from theblack out I was mummbling of a number. Please help. I guess I just want to know if anyone has ever expeierced this? Also my husband said I was reaching out for things in the air..that obviously were not there. I dont remember that at all...thanks guys!!!

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:24.
Old 12-09-2005, 23:25
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
You are describing a toxic effect. Might I suggest you not do this to yourself? You can cause serious harm to your body. Serotonin syndrome is not pretty or fun.
Old 13-09-2005, 15:14

Could you tell me more about the toxic affect..are you saying I OD'ed? Eleborate please. Serotonin syndrome??? What is that. Good suggegtion. Like I said before I was a heavy user and 5 pills was no big deal. I am not used to having so much tolerance. I will definietly be way more careful...is there somewhere I can learn more on Serotonin Syndrome..thanks for all your help

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:25.
Old 13-09-2005, 15:21

39 y/o Male
MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5
Here you go
Quote:
The serotonin syndrome
The serotonin syndrome is a hypersotonergic state which is a very dangerous and a potentially fatal side effect of serotonergic enhancing drugs which can have multiple psychiatric and non-psychiatric symptoms. It is a condition which has been on the rise since the 1960's when we began using more and more drugs which directly affect serotonin. This is a toxic condition which requires heightened clinical awareness in order to prevent, recognize, and treat the condition promptly. Promptness is vital because, as we just mentioned, the serotonin syndrome can be fatal and death from this side effect can come very rapidly. This syndrome is a toxic hyperserotonergic state whose rate of incidence is unknown, but is on the rise. The suspected cause of that increase is the introduction of the new selective serotonergic enhancing agents in clinical practice - the SSRIs. This disorder, brought on by excessive levels of serotonin, is difficult to distinguish from the neuroleptic malignant syndrome because the symptoms are so similar. The neuroleptic malignant syndrome is a serious condition brought on by the use of the neuroleptic drugs.
Quote:
Prozac: Panacea or Pandora? the Rest of the Story on the New Class of Ssri Antidepressants Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lovan, Luvox & More. Tracy et al., 1994.

The symptoms of the serotonin syndrome are: euphoria, drowsiness, sustained rapid eye movement, overreaction of the reflexes, rapid muscle contraction and relaxation in the ankle causing abnormal movements of the foot, clumsiness, restlessness, feeling drunk and dizzy, muscle contraction and relaxation in the jaw, sweating, intoxication, muscle twitching, rigidity, high body temperature, mental status changes were frequent (including confusion and hypomania - a "happy drunk" state), shivering, diarrhea, loss of consciousness and death.

The serotonin syndrome is generally caused by a combination of two or more drugs, one of which is often a selective sertonergic medication. The drugs which we know most frequently contribute to this condition are the combining of MAOIs with Prozac (this should also include the other SSRIs) or other drugs that have a powerful effect upon serotonin, ie, clomipramine (Anafranil), trazadone (Deseryl), etc. The combination of lithium with these selective serotonergic agents has been implicated in enhancing the serotonin syndrome. The tricyclic antidepressants, lithium, MAOIs, SSRIs, ECT (electric shock treatment), tryptophan, and the serotonin agonists (fenfluramine) all enhance serotonin neurotransmission and can contribute to this syndrome. Anything which will raise the level of serotonin can bring on this hyperserotonergic condition. The optimal treatment for the serotonin syndrome is discontinuation of the offending medication or medications, offer supportive measures, and wait for the symptoms to resolve. If the offending medication is discontinued, the condition will often resolve on its own within a 24 hour period. If the medication is not discontinued the condition can progress rapidly to a more serious state and become fatal. It should be apparent that the greater the enhancement of serotonin levels, the greater the chances of producing the serotonin syndrome. Therefore it is recommended that Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, Luvox, Serzone, etc. not be used concurrently with each other or any other serotonergic drugs and that these serious adverse reactions should be expected with these combinations (Callahan, 1993).

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good info on Seretonin syndrome
excellent info

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:35.
Old 13-09-2005, 15:39

thanks for the info..only this is I dont take SSRIs. I never have...so how could this be the same thing? If I am reading this info right...this is something that can still be happening to me now? This syndrome is a toxic hyperserotonergic state whose rate of incidence is unknown, but is on the rise.

I am a little confused? Should I be worried?

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:35. Reason: formatting
Old 13-09-2005, 15:47

39 y/o Male
MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5
It says that it is a pharmacological combination of 2 or more drugs - often an SSRI but not always. Noone can tell you whether this is you through a forum... One thing you can be sure of -Most E pills sold on the street have more than just Mdma in them.
Old 13-09-2005, 17:24

quinone should review received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
You wont find many published or reputable papers relating MDMA to
serotonin syndrome mostly because MDMA is ILLEGAL (thus no scientific
research laboratory can study the pharmacological effects of MDMA on
humans). It is very reasonable to conclude though that since MDMA and SSRIs share a synergistic biochemical relationship that any side-effect of SSRIs might very well be seen with MDMA. Not to mention that in its own right MDMA is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor), because once it has bound to serotonin receptors to cause its release MDMA subsequently remains bound for sometime and inhibits the reuptake of serotonin (otherwise the serotonin would simply flow back in across the concentration gradient and you wouldnt be high for more then like 5 minutes).

Furthermore, since MDMA is directly related to the release of somewhat 'unnatural' or 'unequilibriated' quantities of serotonin and since serotonin is a syndome of 'hypersotonergicity' its very easy to see that abuse of MDMA might easily cause this syndrome. Moral of the story, do what you want to your body, but if you are concerned enough about your usage habits with a drug to post those concerns on a drug forum, you should probably listen to your concerns and cut back.

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:36. Reason: formatting
Old 13-09-2005, 17:36

You are right and I definitly agree about cutting back. I am concerned about the effects short term and long term that could have been brought on the last time I rolled. I have rolled many many times in the past years, and never had anything as drastic as this happen. I am not sure what it was..I got out of control before I realized it. I know when to stop normally..and this time I was to far gone to realize it was time. Thanks for your help...I am not sure if Serotonin syndrome is the anwser..or not but I do know that I take 5 htp every day, and have for over a year for the natual anxiety med in it. I supose that maybe that has something to do with the blackouts? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:36. Reason: formatting
Old 13-09-2005, 20:39

The 5-HTP could DEFINITELY account for your symptoms. 5-HTP is
5-Hydroxytryptophan, it is the direct precursor for serotonin (5-HT or
5-Hydroxytryptamine). Those depression/anxiety symptoms caused by a lack of serotonin MAY (I stess MAY) be due to an inefficient hydroxylase tryptophan meaning less 5-HTP meaning less serotonin.

Most anti-depressants work by allowing the lower amount of serotonin present to be more effective. 5-HTP supplementation eliminates the faulty enzyme altogether by directly providing the neurological metabolic pathways with the 5-HTP precursor directly (instead of the tryptophan from the diet that would need to be converted to 5-HTP through tryptophan hydroxylase). Anyways, IF you do not have a faulty tryptophan hydroxylase taking regular 5-HTP supplements will lead to an increased serotonin production (which can normally be kept at bay due to numerous biological 'checkpoints').

When you take MDMA though you remove ALL these checkpoints and a
complete influx of serotonin from inside the neurons to the synaptic cleft is seen. So you may have had TONNES of Serotonin stored in your synapses and taking the MDMA just let it all out at once. Having not taken MDMA for 8 months also precipitated this problem. So these symptoms you speak of are probably due to an immense amount of serotonin release. This in itself is kinda worrisome, its that kind of suddent serotonin influx that can lead to serotonin syndrom. Since its next to impossible for anyone to diagnose any long term effects from your experience (and since you would see the short term effects now), there probably is no sense in worrying. But IMHO I wouldnt mix MDMA with a regular regiment of 5-HTP (or any anti-depressant for that matter). Your brain operates in a very precise and miracoulously elegant state of harmony and equilibrium, and is remarkably adept at dealing with deviations from this equilibrium, but there is a limit to what it can do ... so just be careful .

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:38. Reason: formatting
Old 13-09-2005, 21:40

Thanks so much for all the info and advice...SO I gather from all this that because i had so much serotonin in my synapses, I had that much more to release, causing it to toxic. Therefore my brain causes me to shut down (black out) because it is overwhelmed. . Obviously I should not be taking 5htp everyday...bc it is building excessive amounts of serotonin that could be dangerous with or with out mdma?
Old 14-09-2005, 00:49

well, I dont think theres anything wrong with takign 5-HTP every day, like I said your brain has checks and balances to deal with it. Its only when you add MDMA to the equatin that things go wrong. So what im saying is you should probably choose between the 5-HTP or MDMA, or to at the very least stop 5-HTP a month or so before rolling (if this is possible).

Old 14-09-2005, 06:25

Mace is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Interesting point you make quinone. I have rolled about 6 times in about 30 days. I now take 5-htp daily, and I take the instructed dosage. The people at the healthfood store where I bought it said it would be fine to take as a daily supplement. So taking MDMA while on 5-htp should make your roll even harder, due to the fact that you have increased serotonin levels. The MDMA uses up your serotonin, and the 5-htp brings it back faster than your body normally would.
Old 14-09-2005, 09:22

Male
Tony Blair is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Most people report that 5-htp up to 36 hours beforehand can dull the effect of MDMA considerably. Myself included.

Other than that, sounds a little more like MDA than MDMA, perhaps.

Old 14-09-2005, 10:02
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Canada
Cure20 is captain of the psychonauts.Cure20 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,358, Level: 5 Points: 1,358, Level: 5 Points: 1,358, Level: 5
SWIM experenced something like that with a friend and never thought it to be that serious. SWIM just thought that person was tripping out. It was close to our 4th pill of the night and she was lying on the couch while we were listening to music and she would close her eyes for a bit, when she woke up she was saying shit that had to do with her job eg. "That would be $7.99 please."

SWIM thought it was funny but after reading all this I feel a bit concerned about my friend even though it happend about a year ago.

Well I guess it goes to show ya - No question shall be left unanwsered!

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:39. Reason: formatting
Old 14-09-2005, 14:34

you are right..it does sound more like mda..and Im sure it was more mda than mdma. i am still confused on the whole 5 htp thing...I feel dont want to risk releasing dangurous amounts of serotonin while rolling. I normally dont question alot of things that happen when Im rolling...but this time was diffrent. I was incohenrent and it scared me. I supose because i have eaten many many pills and never had it happen before. thank you for all your help!!!!!!!
Old 15-09-2005, 10:34
Silver Member

Male
Boyv is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2 View Post
You are describing a toxic effect. Might I suggest you not do this to yourself? You can cause serious harm to your body. Serotonin syndrome is not pretty or fun.
The serotonine syndrom only accures when a massive load of serotonine is stuck, it can't be just by mdma alone. Most of the time this happens because the user is also using SSRI's, MAOI's or medicines which are alike and affect your serotonine regulation or uptake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloaterGirl View Post
Thanks so much for all the info and advice...SO I gather from all this that because i had so much serotonin in my synapses, I had that much more to release, causing it to toxic. Therefore my brain causes me to shut down (black out) because it is overwhelmed. . Obviously I should not be taking 5htp everyday...bc it is building excessive amounts of serotonin that could be dangerous with or with out mdma?
Hmm no, pre- and postloaders are good, but it just depends on the stuff that is inside of them. Some of these loaders also contain MAOI's, that's dangerous. Check the ingredients for this. MAOI's combined with mdma can also cause the serotonine syndrom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
Interesting point you make quinone. I have rolled about 6 times in about 30 days. I now take 5-htp daily, and I take the instructed dosage. The people at the healthfood store where I bought it said it would be fine to take as a daily supplement. So taking MDMA while on 5-htp should make your roll even harder, due to the fact that you have increased serotonin levels. The MDMA uses up your serotonin, and the 5-htp brings it back faster than your body normally would.
Still, the necessary time for your body to 'reload' for a next trip would be longer than a month, two months are suggested. Also, if you are short on vitamines, the 5-htp won't work correct, it will also change into the needed vitamines (most C).

Last edited by Nnizzle; 04-12-2010 at 16:40. Reason: formatting
Old 15-09-2005, 18:17

I will check for Maoi's but i normally take a mutilvitamin, 5 htp everyday, and a b complex every other day. Some days I add potassiam but not often. I never heard of any of these things having a MAOi in them..but i could be wrong..I will certaninly check for this. I never heard of LSD in e but i could be wrong. I know that MDA makes you trip hard somethings.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:19

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
a) check the pills before using them with a testing kit, its not expensive and can be obtained cheaply legally and easily.

b) Its more than likely Seretonin syndrome which is as previously posted due to an overwhelming amount of Seretonin in your system.

Many people believe that 5-HTP is good post rolling on an MDMA/pill as it replaces the lost seretonin and you recover more quickly and it also reduces the neurotoxicity of MDMA. I wouldnt advise taking 5-HTP 3 days before as it increases the chance of Seretonin syndrome significantly but after i would encourage it.

Lastly from your posting you seem to use MDMA regularly this also is bad in general for your health as it damages axons in the nerve cells. Just a side point for you to consider that you are doing irreversable (contradiction) damage to your brain. This isnt soo bad when done occasionally but regular and heavy MDMA use such as 5 pills is dangerous.

Hope the info helped
Old 04-11-2008, 04:16

Male
RollinAllNight is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Passing out or fainting after taking 'Ecstasy' pills?

found this on a crumpled piece of paper under the bus stop bench.
Quote:
So I recently took a roll that made me faint. I was wondering why this would happen. It was about an hour an a half or so after I chewed it up and swallowed it. I began to sweat profusely, and I started to get intense head rushes. All of a sudden it didn't feel good anymore, and I went to the bathroom to fill up my water bottle. As I looked for the sink I became very dizzy and I fainted. Any ideas? Any other drugs that may have caused this?

Some info for you:
I had drank 60oz of water from onset.
I weigh 150lbs.
I am male.
I did not combine it with any other drugs.
I did not take any MAOIs within two weeks of taking it.
I was sitting at the time.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Read the rules regarding self-incrimination

Last edited by Terrapinzflyer; 07-12-2010 at 23:37.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:49

Male from United States
julian is on the way upjulian is on the way upjulian is on the way up
Re: Passing out from Ecstasy?

Of course this was a dream, right? Because if it actually happened, you would be in violation of the rules.

Swim is not even going to guess what was in your pills. It could have been any number of substances. Get a testing kit if you would like to avoid situations like you described.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:47

Male
RollinAllNight is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

When I saw "I" I really mean someone who isn't me. One of my friends nicknames is "I" to be honest.

RollinAllNight added 1361 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Has anyone else that you know of ever passed out from ecstasy before?

Last edited by RollinAllNight; 05-11-2008 at 03:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2008, 12:48
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Lettish is captain of the psychonauts.Lettish is captain of the psychonauts.Lettish is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Swim can only imagine it was an adulterant substance which either would do this to anyone or Swiy had an allergic reaction to it. When the body faints it is a shut-down mechanism to prevent any further damage being done to it. Perhaps Swiy's body just got overwhelmed by a chemical/substance in the pill and it decided it didn't want to experience it.

Count Swiyself lucky that Swiy fainted because that probably sorted Swiy's head out. It could have gone much worse.
Old 09-11-2008, 21:46

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jabbie needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

swim knows a fishy that passed out on mdma once, this was after the little fishy was told that somone od'd on the same batch of mdma. swim thinks it can happen when a fishy trys to 'fight back'
Old 10-11-2008, 23:01
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from United Kingdom
humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

Y has never fainted, but would think coming up too fast on an empty stomach with slitht dhydration.

Just a guess like.

Y says a good hearty meal a few hours before, avoid thirst, then do a pill.
Old 12-11-2008, 16:28

Male
Wierd Logic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdroid View Post

Y says a good hearty meal a few hours before, avoid thirst, then do a pill.
No!

A good hearty meal will reduce the fun! Plain and simple. Monkey gets what you mean when you say swiy came up too fast on an empty stomach, but the solution is to eat about half of the normal meal that you would before, and just take less! Or take less and then re-dose if you find violent come-ups unpleasant.

Share this on:

Tags
bad ideas, blackouts, ecstasy, mdma, mdma and blackouts, mdma and fainting, mdma overdose, mdma side effects, serotonin syndrome, water intoxication, water overdose