Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Pharmacology
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Pharmacology How drugs affect the workings of the human body.

Old 02-11-2008, 22:12
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Can Adderall be vaporized?

Someone I know has some adderall xr 20mg (capsules w/ beads)..
My friend wants to know whether or not adderall can be vaporized in a factory made vaporizer used for MJ (not a lightbulb)? And if so how effective/bioavailable will it be compared to other methods of ingestion (oral, insufflated, etc..)?

heRbaLhEaLeR19 added 1396 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

If Meth, which is an amphetamine, can be smoked/vaped wouldn't the same theory apply to just regular amphetamines?

Has nobody out there ever tried crushing the beads and smoking/vaping adderall?
C'mon, there has got to be sum1 out there who has been curious enough to try this lol.

Last edited by Herbal Healer 019; 02-11-2008 at 22:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-11-2008, 07:33

24 y/o Male from Romania
c17h21no4 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Can Adderall b vaporized?

well swim has done this with addies , dexedrine , even diet pills like tenuate (other brand) gel caps and xr versions , yeah i know those contain diethylcat. but some ppl just wanna get the rush out of anything and of course shooting pills is not particulary a good ideea
the thing is you have to crush the beads till' you turn 'em to dust and that's not only pretty time consuming , if you're not a tidy person some of your precious "stuff" will end up on the table , clothes , rug , etc.
then basically just vaporise the dust. i'd rather just chew the beads but vaporising addie dust worked for my cat pretty good. the problem is that after you vaporise it you'll end up with a lot of burned "pill matter" with will probably still contain some amp crystals.
if you insist to smoke it , then use a bigger dose as you cant really vaporise all the containing amphetamines.
or you could just try to do a little acetone wash and extract the amp. salts. swim never did that on addies and there is a possibility that some pill igredients will not be soluble in acetone.
Old 20-11-2008, 22:13
Palladium Member

32 y/o Male from United States
PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.PsychoActivist must live here.
Points: 1,889, Level: 6 Points: 1,889, Level: 6 Points: 1,889, Level: 6
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Can Adderall be vaporized?

There is still a lot of fillers and binders in the pills that are not good for you. It is probably not good for your lungs at all, not to mention, SWIM thinks the taste of Adderall and Dexedrine is disgusting. He describes a chemically sweet taste that makes him gag. He could not imagine the way the smoke would taste.
Old 20-11-2008, 22:49
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Meth is usually available as a hydrochloride salt which burns at a much higher temperature than its vaporisation point, making it suitable for 'smoking' (i.e. vaping). Dunno what kind of salt the amphetamine in Adderall tablets. Edit: wiki page says suphates, aspartates and saccharates. No idea how they'd vaporise.
Old 21-11-2008, 06:34

24 y/o Male from Romania
c17h21no4 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

then swim smoked burned addies. and swim being high usually on ethylcat when not on meth ... here you cant get addies or any legal amphetamine , strongest drug for add/narco is concerta xl 54mg. swim means he only tryed stuff like that 2-3 times with addies or dexedrine , he always got a strange headache and always ethylcat seemd to go away :P
Old 21-11-2008, 07:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.
Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Pharmaceuticals such as Adderall are prepared in pill form because they are intended for oral administration.

Thus, in straying from the optimal route of administration for which the drug was prepared, SWIY may be exposing himself to adverse side-effects that would not have emerged from oral administration. Not only this, but depending on the pill, a different route of administration may prove less efficacious.

In smoking adderall,which comprises pill binders and orally inert fillers, SWIY may be exposing himself to substances that otherwise would not be active and could potentially produce aversive effects.

The fact that methamphetamine vaporization is an effective and efficient route of absorption cannot necessarily be extrapolated to extended release adderall, as the constitutions of these drugs are not the same, and extended release adderall is not pure amphetamine salts.
Old 21-11-2008, 08:52

29 y/o Male from United States
superdupernaut is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Re: Can Adderall b vaporized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c17h21no4 View Post
of course shooting pills is not particulary a good ideea
In general, shooting pills is less toxic than smoking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c17h21no4 View Post
or you could just try to do a little acetone wash and extract the amp. salts. swim never did that on addies and there is a possibility that some pill igredients will not be soluble in acetone.
Although is evaporates fast, acetone tends to be a catch-all type of solvent. I would reccomend something more selective.
Old 10-01-2009, 00:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
MUdelta is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

My tried this afew times, he said the high is quite a bit different from a normal speed buzz. He thinks maybe do to different ammonts of the active chemicals that are released into the vapor. Since adderall contains 4 different chemicals ( dextroamphetamine sulphate, dextroamphetamine saccharate, levoamphetamine asparate and sulfate). He said it felt very simmiler to an opioid type high.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:29
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12

I dontknow about vaporizing but smoking them tastes like shit! *YUK* my pet monkey will never try that again!
Ahhhh the silly things he did when he was young and didn't know about needles.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, smoking adderall, vaporizing adderall