Register Tags

Notices

Old 14-10-2008, 02:35

24 y/o Male
Promefazyne is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Robitussin AC

SWIM recently acquired a bottle of Robitussin AC and is having doubts about how legit it is. SWIM thinks it is watered down.

First off it's a lot more like a liquid then a syrup. Also it's a clear pinkish color and for some reason SWIM has the idea that it should be red stuck in his head. Probably because of the cherry flavor.

Anyways do any SWIYs have experience with this medication and can see if mine matches up?
Old 14-10-2008, 02:53
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6
Re: Robitussin AC

Dumb question, but was the bottle sealed? I have heard of syrup sellers diluting it for profits.
Old 14-10-2008, 03:47

24 y/o Male

Na the dealer says he used an ounce himself so it was open.

SWIM has experience with Promethazine and would of been able to identify it as watered down but this Robitussin AC is new to him so SWIM isn't sure on its purity.
Old 16-10-2008, 08:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.

In a lot of states(google: mystate schedule v law), pharmacies can dispense 4 ounces of that same syrup legally...unfortunately in my state one has to be 21 Maybe swiy could buy a bottle at a pharmacy and compare?....The other ingredient in that syrup...starts with a g....too dumb to spell it right now....sorta limits how high swiy can get without vomiting though.
Old 16-10-2008, 23:21
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
ThusSpokeZarathustra is learning how to become a psychonaut.

That other ingredient is guaifenesin. I'm not really sure the purpose it serves in combination with codeine in the syrup... but swim saw some today and it was pinkish. Went by the name of Cheratussin AC
Old 17-10-2008, 01:02
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mg Methylphenidate View Post
In a lot of states(google: mystate schedule v law), pharmacies can dispense 4 ounces of that same syrup legally...unfortunately in my state one has to be 21 Maybe swiy could buy a bottle at a pharmacy and compare?....The other ingredient in that syrup...starts with a g....too dumb to spell it right now....sorta limits how high swiy can get without vomiting though.
How is this possible? As far as this board has been able to figure out, Codeine is script only in the US, even though it in some legal aspects is supposed to be Behind the Counter dispensable; please elaborate Edit: googled that phrase and "florida schedule V law", nothing both times.

OP, if you think syrup is watered down, be very careful; people have been known to tamper with/cut syrups, although it's not common; important to be aware of all the risks.

Swim suggests comparing a certain dose of codeine Swiy normally takes with what SHOULD be an equivalent dose with the syrup; effects don't match, go rip your dealer's dick off.
Old 17-10-2008, 01:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.

Guaifenesin is there to make you vomit and give you kidney stones(more over long term use...) to keep people from abusing the drug. Kidney stones are supposed to hurt as much as giving birth...I can't vouch for that since I haven't given birth...but damnnnnn...it feels like you have a knife in your gut. They usually give you IV morphine though at the hospital...so maybe it's worth it lol.

And fiveleggedrat, I did search the same thing except with illinois instead of florida, and unless I misread the article(it was on some illinois governmet site), certain schedule v drugs containing dihydrocodeine and codeine can be dispensed for medical purposes if the pharmacist sees fit. But there are a bunch of rules.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...=072005700K312

I'm ASSUMING since in the last section where it was talking about schedule V drugs, it didn't mention a prescription being required, just that it had to be for medical purposes. Correct me if I'm wrong please...maybe I'm just getting my hopes up.

Upon researching, I also came accross a few other forums (I'm not allowed to link to forums right?) that had members who tried going to their local pharmacies and tried it out successfully. I'm a member of one of those forums also, and a couple of the members I saw vouch for this were respected regulars there. So I doubt it's bullcrap.

And whether or not people like to admit it, wikipedia is a pretty reliable resource a lot of the time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codeine#United_States

I doubt places like walgreens would do it though...maybe smaller local pharmacies?
Old 17-10-2008, 01:43
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Thanks for answering me. I was under the impression it was at least S4 or S5, and script only as well. Plus, what stops overzealous pharm workers from lying about being able to give it out? I mean, shoot, some of them freak out over scripted meds!

There was a thread a while ago here about this (codeine and how it technically, should be legal to sell without crazy restrictions in parts of the US, but other laws usually supercede these laws, making it impossible to really get.) Swim would say Swiy is extremely lucky.

Quote wiki "anywhere from very few to perhaps a moderate percentage of pharmacists will sell these preparations without a prescription."

Yeah, I agree, wiki is always spot-on for me when I need drug information, even on rare or new things. I highly suggest it as a resource.

And yes, Swiy does make a good point saying smaller pharmacies would give it out, while big chains like CVS and Walgreens have rules against this, or so I would believe.
Old 17-10-2008, 01:53
Silver Member

Male from United States

At the other forum I was talking about, some members suggested their local walmarts would sell it. Maybe all swimmers should call and find out the laws in every state? XD

Either way, it's not like one can go out and get Codeine w/ promethazine syrup *drools* behind the counter. Codeine changes its schedule depending on how many other drugs are mixed with it and the dosage. Keep in mind, robitussin AC is a very weak syrup per how much nausea it would generate... Swim's brother had a script for it a while back, and he wouldn't even take more than a few spoonfuls of it. He threw up at work once after mixing two vicodin and a pill with Guaifenesin, so he's sorta scared to try it. Plus swim isn't 21 yet so he can't even begin to ask for it from a pharmacy without a script.
Old 17-10-2008, 02:05
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Walmarts?! Wow. I wonder how credible said members are

Swim personally would be open to ANY codeine product, regardless of drug mix. Promethazine is not difficult to acquire on it's on.
Old 17-10-2008, 02:15
Silver Member

Male from United States

I'll PM you. Here's a quote I got off the forum though

"
Known states that still have Schedule 5 drugs over the counter are Illinois, Ohio, North Carolina, Washington State, Massachusetts. NOTE THAT PHARMACIES IN EVEN THESE
STATES DO NOT HAVE TO SELL YOU SCHEDULE-V DRUGS, SINCE THEIR SALE IS A
MATTER OF DISCRETION OF THE PHARMACIST."
Old 17-10-2008, 02:20
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Blargh, figures Florida is not on the list

Yeah, how about to hell with that "discretion" clause. Enough pharm workers have god complexes as is.

Only way Swim ever got codeine was from an 40-odd old person scripted it for a cough. HA! And people can't even get this stuff for proper pain.

Anywho, getting off topic here. Let's keep this on the OP's topic. There are some threads on OTC codeine and all that if we search, I just was looking at em.
Old 17-10-2008, 02:32
Silver Member

Male from United States

It's sorta on topic...it would save him the hassle of buying watered down codeine from street dealers at jacked up prices..

I did try looking up pictures of Robitussin AC with no luck. I think the syrup was a light red color if I do remember correctly. If that thing is watered down, it's about the most useless codeine product you could have ever gotten.
Old 18-10-2008, 07:22

24 y/o Male

Just checked back on this topic. SWIM thanks you all for the help. SWIM worked his way up to 3 ounces of it and felt alright but he figures that if it wasn't watered down the guafensin(spelling?) would of made him vomit.

SWIM isn't really bothered by it though. He got it for a great price even with the purity in account. Also SWIM found another dealer who has Promethazine that definitely isn't watered down. Yay.
Old 18-10-2008, 07:28
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Unsure from what you mean in your last post, but promethazine on it's own is not recreational.

At least Swiy got a good deal, then!

Guaifenesin can have really different effects depending on the person. Some people can take over 1g with no issues, and Swim gets sick on less than 1/3 of that.
Old 20-10-2008, 08:48

24 y/o Male

Haha SWIM means promethazine with codeine. Regular Promethazine won't get you anywhere except to sleep.
Old 16-10-2011, 06:27

26 y/o Female from United States
pharmacy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I realize this thread is old, but I stumbled upon it when I was googling Robitussin AC. Let me clarify this, whatever SWIM obtained was probably the real robitussin AC aka Cheratussin AC. It's a thin, light pink liquid that contains codeine. The "g" word is guaifenisin which helps control cough. Hence, Cheratussin AC is frequently prescribed as a cheap cough medicine versus prescribing Tussionex. Yes, I said prescribed. Some insurances recognize it as an OTC items, but it's a schedule V drugs. Good luck finding a major pharmacy that will sell you an entire bottle.

I apologize if this annoys anyone that I brought back an old thread, but after reading all of the postings about Robitussin AC, I had to add my bit into it.

How credible are my sources...? It relates to slaving away 6 years to the pharmaceutical industry.

Share this on:

Tags
codeine syrup, over the counter drug, promethazine, promethazine and codeine, promethazine recreational, robitussin