Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-10-2008, 16:56
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from United Kingdom
stephy171072 is a decent psychonaut.stephy171072 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
can be used mirtazapine be used Recreationally?

SWIM has been prescribed Mirtazapine 30mg from her doctor and wondered if they can be used recreactionally? SWIM allready has a very high tollarance for a large number of slleping pills and antidepressents and opiets (I don't know if that is important or not) thanks in advance to anyone who replys and sorry for my terrible spelling lol.
Old 05-10-2008, 17:30
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23
Re: can be used mirtazapine be used Recreationally?

I don't know the answer to your question (my best guess would be no) but its amazing with a little searching using the forum search engine what turned up

here's a good thread http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/s...hlight=remeron

and this one http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/s...ht=Mirtazapine
Old 05-10-2008, 17:43

42 y/o Male
Slitter028 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Swim had taken remeron (mitirazpine) for depression, I don't think that you could use it recreationally. All it will make you do is eat uncontrollably and sleep...
Old 05-10-2008, 17:44

23 y/o Male
Chasing Shade should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Yes it can, but expect one TRIPPY nights sleep!
Old 06-10-2008, 00:45
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from United Kingdom
stephy171072 is a decent psychonaut.stephy171072 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Shade View Post
Yes it can, but expect one TRIPPY nights sleep!
What does SWIM mean by trippy like crazy dreams or what and what dosage would SWIM need to take to get this?

stephy171072 added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitter028 View Post
Swim had taken remeron (mitirazpine) for depression, I don't think that you could use it recreationally. All it will make you do is eat uncontrollably and sleep...

OK well SWIM is anorexic so the thought of eating uncontrollably really scares her.... Any way you know to take away this side effects? SWIM did check the fourm before but couldnt really find anything except willpower and SWIM running out of that lol.

stephy171072 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinwill View Post
I don't know the answer to your question (my best guess would be no) but its amazing with a little searching using the forum search engine what turned up

here's a good thread http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/s...hlight=remeron

and this one http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/s...ht=Mirtazapine

Yeah I did read them before and they answered a few of SWIM's querys but not all of them but thanks anyway.

Last edited by stephy171072; 06-10-2008 at 00:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-10-2008, 22:07
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
wespawloski is a decent psychonaut.wespawloski is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM would theorize from his use of SSRIs that in a recreational respect antidepressants dont really do much. SWIM has tried doeses of SSRI that made him almost vomit from serotonin, and he only felt normal and a little nauseas. SWIM checked up mirtazapine and it appears to be considered safe to OD and it was stated the normal side effects of serotonin enhancement are diminished. SWIM supports curiosity and would say as long as its safe, experiment. Who knows, it might be fun.

SWIOP there is no way for anyone to give you proper dosage levels. It is not safe to go off other's dosages for medications, experiment safely to gain a better understanding of yourself. SWIM would say a double or triple dose at first, see what one feels like in a couple of hours, then go from there. SWIM would also say that general tolerance is something to consider, but he wouldnt put faith into it when working with a new drug.

wespawloski added 13 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Also SWIM would like to note that he believes there is potential for beneficial effects of SRI influx. If something as safe as SRIs could give you a little extra boost and give you some increased happiness, SWIM would consider it worthy as long as its not abused. Abused SRIs can lead to tolerance of higher levels quicker, which could be debtrimental(sp?) if SWIM found a drug that worked but abused it beyond beneficial working capacity

Last edited by wespawloski; 11-10-2008 at 22:07. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-01-2009, 08:24

27 y/o Male
phatassone should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

SWIM found no recreational potential whatsoever for mirtazepine, it did not help swim sleep and made swim gain 15kilos
Old 31-08-2009, 17:49
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from Finland
Codehead needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
AW: can be used mirtazapine be used Recreationally?

wespawloski: Mirtazapine is not SSRI, not even SNRI

This drug tends to give some vivid, even nightmaric, dreams and often giving some bad sleep paralysis. However I find it to give some deleriantic effects, but it's really hard to stay awake. This is if you don't use it daily.
Old 31-08-2009, 23:18
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
diffs is captain of the psychonauts.diffs is captain of the psychonauts.diffs is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 438, Level: 3 Points: 438, Level: 3 Points: 438, Level: 3

Swim is prescribed mirtazapine 45mg and would say they dont have any recreational value. if the do anythng it will be just to make swiy sleepy.............and not even in a good way. Dont waste your time or your meds.
Old 01-09-2009, 17:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

I have relatively no understanding what-so-ever of mirtazapine... but isn't it a benzodiazpine structurally? Obviously therapeutically it's labeled as an antidepressant, but does it still possess GABAergic agonist properties?
Old 04-09-2009, 14:41

Male from United Kingdom
welshmick needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

SWIM used Mirtazpine for a short while.

SWIM slept and dreamt for about 1 hour a a time, then back to sleep for another hour. Thus each night passed.

No other problems, and no withdrawal when SWIM stopped using .

But SWIM only used for approx 1 month, may affect other peeps different.

Dose was 15mg a night.
Old 19-09-2009, 03:25
Silver Member

Male from United States
Valseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way upValseedian is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boca Bitch View Post
I have relatively no understanding what-so-ever of mirtazapine... but isn't it a benzodiazpine structurally? Obviously therapeutically it's labeled as an antidepressant, but does it still possess GABAergic agonist properties?
mirtazapine is not a benzodiazapine, it is a benzazapine.

recreationally, it is not really a great drug, BUT, in doses of 10-25mg swim finds it to produce or induce a dreamstate that is amazing.

I would suggest 20mg of mirtazapine with a sedative at night and prepare to go for a ride, set an alarm clock and keep a pen by your bed..

swim finds these vivid dreams to be far superior to regular tripping and swim is VERY versed in regulation tripping (such as tryptamine (n,n-dmt, 4-aco-dmt, psilicybin etc), phenethylamine (2c-i/e,DOI) or ergoline).

dreams can embody the impossible in a way that regular tripping can't... dreams make you feel better instead of worse at the end... Dreams don't carry the paranoia, or responcibility of real life tripping...

but be in a good mood when you fall asleep, be surrounded by only good things.. the nightmares can be just as fucked up as the worst bad trip you've ever been on.

this is an absolutely recommended a+++ drug in my book. add a xanax and some Diphenhydramine to make it a night... swim has also added in a generous helping of blue lotus, dream herb extract and kratom to this drug with amazing effects.
abstain from cannabinoids for atleast 24 hours before attempting to use this drug for dreaming.
this drug destroys short term memory.. you'll forget what happened 30 seconds ago even with smaller doses.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Font is OTT and doesn't make the post any easier to read: Please post in a normal size and avoid bold
Old 21-09-2009, 12:46

Male from Somalia
heroineADDICT should review received reputation comments.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

swim is prescribed mirtazapine and doesnt even feel the sedative effects any more. swim has also talked to one of his friends about taking mirtazapine and he said it was horrible swims friend said he thinks he took 30mg (he said he only took one pill, so it has to be 15mg, 30mg or 45mg to my knowledge)when he had the horrible experience though he didnt mention why it was horrible. swim thinks taking antidepressants recreationally is really scrapping the barrel but thats only opinion. swim can understand if your just curious but he wouldnt try it more than a few times
Old 04-11-2009, 13:57
Banned

Male
johnnyyen should review received reputation comments.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffs View Post
Swim is prescribed mirtazapine 45mg and would say they dont have any recreational value. if the do anythng it will be just to make swiy sleepy.............and not even in a good way. Dont waste your time or your meds.

the same for this swimmer here,he thought that he had managed to get a buzz out of most of the prescribed drugs he went through over the years,but try as he might there was nothing going on with Mirtazapine..
SWIM agrees,dont waste them...double or triple dosing them will give you nothing but problems when trying to re up your script ahead of its time..
Old 20-06-2010, 17:30

26 y/o Female
detox22 is an unknown quantity at this point

as said above the only real benefit is crazy dreams . It make most people sleepy, this didn't happen for me though.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:01

Male from United States
Grapes is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hey everyone, i'm new here. But I've been prescribed this drug as an anti depresent, and to help me sleep. Every night I have trippy dreams. Out of the ordinary, and really spiritual. It's helped me allot learn things about myself that I didn't know when I was dreaming. I take a 20mg dose an hour before, or right when I go to sleep. I rarely have night mares, and before I started taking it I had really sick, bloody dreams about me killing people, or people trying to kill me. After I started taking it I hardly never see them.

Last night I had a dream that I was an alien on earth. The government captured me, and was trying to run tests on me. The entire time I was plotting my escape. Right when I was about to escape I woke up. After I woke up this morning I started thinking about human beings visiting other planets that have intelligent life. If we willingly put an astronaut on one of these planets they would become the lab Ginny pig, being dissected. This dream wasn't scary at all. It felt like I was a spy, or a secret agent or something.

Another dream I had a couple weeks ago was that I ate psychoactive mushrooms, and went to school. It literally felt like I was tripping balls. It was a regular school day, and I came home. I spent the rest of my dream pulling my high off in front of my parents, then I literally just chilled in my room. I woke up later after that and went to school. It was an eye opening experience.

One of my most trippiest dreams was that I was like a floating spirit floating over the earth. It felt like being reborn. I had no language, and I had no human knowledge. I was just randomly hovering around the world, and I kept getting closer. Until I was in a forest where I saw a spider, and a praying mantis fight each other up close. They looked like giants. The mantis won. But it wasn't scary. I felt safe, secure, and really warm. It was like I was an all powerful intelligent being. I was connected to everything at once. But I had no way of communicating anything. All I could do was move around as a free spirit. It'd be like walking around with a camera. What you see threw the camera is how I was seeing everything.

I've had a few lucid dreams on it too. Those were fun!

Share this on:

Tags
antidepressants, mirtazapine, nassas, noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressants, remeron, teca, tetracyclic antidepressant