Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Fentanyl
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-09-2008, 21:21
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How to extract Fentanyl from gel and non gel patches

Swim did not invent this method and will pass it on......Swim is in the business of trying to save lives, not provide info that will kill people.Its just his line of work.Now useing fentanyl in any other way than the mfg. recomended use and your doctors prescriptions instructions can and will lead to death.Swim has seen this first hand at work, but does not feel that this is the place for those kind of stories.So this method works but might use some improvements.You might understand why swim does not want post this but to make it easy for swim he will post
instructions......Good Luck,you will need it.

Again please do not fool with this method unless you have a high tolerance to Fent,swim belives there is no need to change your roa until it stops working for you......snorting,injecting methods will be posted later as the need arises.....although the method should be obvious. Swim does not advise trying this method...and is posted for information use only.

If swim finds a better way to preform this extraction,please post your findings,successes and failures.

Post Quality Evaluations:
very helpful post
sweet thread dude, swim will be trying
Well explained method of extraction....Sure to try this. Thanks for an awesome post!!!
Thanks for spreading information.
great, easyto understand TEK. fantastic work!
very good, works extremely well, i do the same thing and can vouch for him. nice work man i love the detail
Nice! Well written and reliable info!
Great post. Well written and full of valuable information and reduces risks when misusing
Attached Files
File Type: txt extraction of fentanyl.txt (9.5 KB, 2018 views)

Last edited by thebige; 22-07-2009 at 15:35. Reason: added text
Old 22-07-2009, 13:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Re: How to extract Fentanyl from gel and non gel patches

just wanted to bump this to see what happens
Old 03-08-2009, 07:47
Gold Member

Male from Earth
Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,317, Level: 5 Points: 1,317, Level: 5 Points: 1,317, Level: 5
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Spreading on glass seems completely unnecessary. It's for those too inpatient to let it dry from a container.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:34
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,161, Level: 9 Points: 4,161, Level: 9 Points: 4,161, Level: 9
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebige View Post
snorting,injecting methods will be posted later as the need arises.....although the method should be obvious. Swim does not advise trying this method...and is posted for information use only.
And just out of interest, how dangerous would it be for one to attempt to inject this stuff? Do people do so, or this a fast forward to death? Not interested swimself, just would appreciate clarification.

H

Last edited by Helene; 10-01-2010 at 02:34.
Old 06-08-2009, 22:41
Silver Member

46 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Lisa J is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM hasn't found it necessary to use citric to IV fent but there are so many different brands now she would not be sure this is always the case. SWIM has had a few dodgy hits where she almost went over so go careful, it's impossible to know how much is extracted from one batch to another which is risky.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:27
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
CrookieMonster is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1

if using the mylan // nongel patches should one remove them from the plastic backing before cutting them up or does that not even matter? im planning on sticking the plastic backings in there anyways since fent has touched it.. thanks in advance..

CrookieMonster added 494 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

sorry for double post but i cannot edit my original post.. so swim finished doing the extraction with 10x 100mcg/hr nongel patch and SWIM's yield is about the size of a peanut M&M (does this sound like a good yield?).. it is also EXTREMELY sticky.. does anyone have a method for turning this gel (almost glue really) into a powder?

Last edited by CrookieMonster; 10-01-2010 at 10:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2010, 17:00
Silver Member

Male from United States

Sounds like a large yield to swim..........
Swim has experimented and often times have come out with weird final end results,but after some failures he obtained a viable product.+++++++
Swiy could give a small dose to a monkey at swiy local primate research center.And observe the results (and don't forget to bring some cigarettes to give to the retired circus monkeys...they always enjoy a smoke to remind them of the old days).......

well back to the product.....with this method it is not uncommon to get different results in the end product. Now because this isn't a Betty Crocker recipe end results can sometimes turn out odd............After the monkey test and observed findings... (monkey didn't die hopefully).
Although this might not be the best solution....a repeat ISO wash and drying procedure (again with a good amount of patience involved) may produce better end results.Honestly it took swim a couple of times to achieve the desired results.....practice makes perfect one guesses.
Mylans/non-gel seem to sometimes produce this result as opposed to Durigesic/gel filled patches. being excessively sticky and or gooey is not unheard of.give the ISO wash and dry another run,and again some crystal like shards are not the only substance visible so take extreme care during the scraping procedure.so as not to blow away product with a slight breeze. hope this will produce better results for swiy,as it can be very frustrating when there is considerable loss in the product due to rushing it or blowing it away by accident.................this is just one suggestion and other methods may prove to be more successful
Again Crookie please report back with your results ands any info can help streamline this procedure to produce a superior end product,as well as more effective smoking procedures...Thanks Crookie................................bige

Sorry,but have to add this........with fentanyl products,when used trasndermally.....the effects come up over the course of the first day after application,generally full effects will be felt throughout the second day.The third day the effects will slowly taper to down to nothing.Some doctors suggest applying a new patch near the end of the second day. To avoid the comedown..........and to maintain effective pain control Extraction methods. will produce pure fent and because swiy will be dealing with mcg dosages and not mgs there can be a large and dangerous room for mistake in administered dose.Also fentanyl is a not a very euphoric drug...euphoria can be found but that euphoria is very,very close to the point of respiratory system shutdown/overdose.Its a fine line between the two and someone trying a re-dose can put them over the edge......resulting in death. Although one of the most effective medication for long acting pain control,used properly it can be a quality of life enhancing drug......abused it has a history of causing needless fatalities. well good luck to all..........................and please report at your convenience with any tips,finding,successful or unsuccesfull.......as the big e would like to compile a standard effective procedure for this..........thanks all................
Old 10-01-2010, 17:13
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Syphr is heading for the Darwin Award.Syphr is heading for the Darwin Award.

So is this extraction for things like fentanyl lollipops? Can it work on patches?

Good question, swim never considered the aqtic lollies.
Old 10-01-2010, 17:44
Gold Member

Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphr View Post
So is this extraction for things like fentanyl lollipops? Can it work on patches?
As per the thread title - "How to extract Fentanyl from gel and non gel patches" this extraction method is referring to transdermal fentanyl patches. Unsure about fentanyl lollipops, and whether extraction is possible - the concept of extracting fentanyl from lollipops seems slightly obsolete, why not just suck it as intended?

H
Old 10-01-2010, 17:52
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helene View Post
And just out of interest, how dangerous would it be for one to attempt to inject this stuff? Do people do so, or this a fast forward to death? Not interested swimself, just would appreciate clarification.

H
Sadly helene, yes they do, most of the time too they don't even know it, and even sadder is the outcome of doing it most of the time. SWIM has had two friends that he made in rehab die of this(SWIM has been to rehab alot) one of them was from baltimore, the other from chicago. It seems that a certain percentage of the bad batches of heroin that make their way through the United States, are cut with either that homemade fentanyl, or other fentanyl salts,esters and analogues.

A quick stroll through the chemistry forum or even google search will show actually how easy this drug is to make, for a mafia/cartel hired chemist, with the access to the chemicals needed. From what SWIM has read. SWIM is not sure why this drug is so particularly easy for them to duplicate, and why it is done. Most likely due to the fact of the potency increase in the product. SWIM isn't sure if fentanyl tainted heroin is in SWIY's part of the world, but its in SWIM's. Most heavy heroin users say that if their gear is cut with fentanyl, they can tell, something to do with the type of rush. SWIM thinks he read that heroin cut with fenanyl doesn't bring on much of a rush, just a very strong analgesia, maybe it doesn't cross the BBB in the same way.

About the snorting, yes, first hand SWIM has seen this. SWIM's old methadone clinic had many that were addicted to extracting,drying, snorting fentanyl. In the area of SWIM's methadone clinic(over two hours away) there was an abundance of fentanyl patches going around, because the doctors were trying to get their "thought to be" legit patients off of the OxyContin and Dilaudid, to a "more safe alternative", which horribly backfired. SWIM took a small 3 day course on fentanyl when he was in rehab, and it was scary what it did to ones body. It could be false, but they were saying fentanyl was such a strong mu-opioid receptor agonist, that it actually damages the little octopus type thingys that grab the fentanyl for binding to the receptor. Just food for thought.

Take care, be safe
i8myc

Great harm reduction post. Always good to remember that fent is a strong opiateand should be treated with the utmost respect.
Old 10-01-2010, 18:01
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_8_my yellow crayon View Post
SWIM isn't sure if fentanyl tainted heroin is in SWIY's part of the world, but its in SWIM's.
Swim doesn't think it is at all common for heroin in the UK to be cut with fentanyl, but is aware that this happens a lot in the US. Fentanyl is subject to extremely rigorous controls in the UK, generally speaking it mainly used for end-stage cancer patients and such like - people who couldn't do without it, in terms of pain relief. So there is nothing like the level of diverted supply, and far less fentanyl is prescribed in total. It's just not something that the average heroin user in the UK would even have heard of, let alone seen. Won't go into this again here, save to say that the UK has much more stringent pharmaceutical controls at production, prescribing and dispensing stages, as a result there is nowhere near the level of pharmaceutical abuse as in the US. However, the UK has many, many more heroin addicts per capita population, so it's all swings and roundabouts really, isn't it?

Fentanyl seems to be a very, very dangerous drug to get involved with.

H

Last edited by Helene; 10-01-2010 at 18:06.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:09
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebige View Post
a repeat ISO wash and drying procedure (again with a good amount of patience involved) may produce better end results.
a repeat wash gave me the exact same result.. does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get this sticky goo to turn into a powder?
Old 14-01-2010, 00:29

53 y/o Male from United States
desertimplant is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

Not really a how-to-fix-goo problem but SWIM managed to find 99% pure isopropyl alcohol at the local Safeway. It did a better job on the extraction front and left less goo\garbage etc. SWIM noticed that with the 94\90% etc that it was less effective and tended to leave more "stuff" (likely containing fent but other crap too) SWIM called a few medical supply houses (where u can buy wheelchairs, oxygen bottles etc) and all claimed to carry 99.9% pure iso alcohol
Just a thought...

Last edited by desertimplant; 14-01-2010 at 01:10. Reason: spell error
Old 14-01-2010, 04:38
Silver Member

i found this little gem on the other forum.. swim will give methanol a try sometime in the near future..

cool chart
good chart! nice find, thanks for posting it
Please upload the image onto DF rather than linking offsite. This link could die at any time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crookie.jpg (45.7 KB, 789 views)

Last edited by Phungushead; 19-05-2012 at 10:21. Reason: Uploaded images
Old 14-01-2010, 14:32

53 y/o Male from United States
desertimplant is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

LOL...that's gem swi_Crookie...

SWIM had heard Methanol was the best....but that's a great little comparison chart.
Old 26-01-2010, 13:53
Gold Member

Male from Earth
Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.Stimulants really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookieMonster View Post
i found this little gem on the other forum.. swim will give methanol a try sometime in the near future..
Interesting, but it's of questionable credibility without a credible citation.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:47
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulants View Post
Interesting, but it's of questionable credibility without a credible citation.
there is a very large write up on the other opiate oriented forum.. i dont want to rip his post but i will give the link to the pdf that the graph came from..
tmci.o r g /opioid/sept06docs/BIANCHI.pdf
Old 09-02-2010, 14:35
Silver Member

Male from United States

As swim stated in the first post....he did not invent this method ,but was only passing it on.
although something about that graph looks kind of fishy...........
Old 12-02-2010, 00:28
Silver Member

Male
xfullboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

SWIM has soaked their fentantyl patch in alchohol for 2 hours, but is confused as to what the next step is.

He put the previous try on glass, but found it hard to scrape off as it was very thin.

would it work to put the solution directly onto foil, and once its dried to smoke it?

xfullboost added 55 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

swim put the solution directly on the foil and had amazing results

good question/suggestion, and thanks for coming back & posting the results!

Last edited by xfullboost; 12-02-2010 at 00:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-02-2010, 02:58

38 y/o Female from United States
Suzydb should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

Swim says:

Hi All, I am new, my name is Suzanne, I have been on fentanyl 75 for about 2 years and they have totally stopped working. I al ways got the Mylan but last month they were short so i got 3 gel patchs. I did smoke one and have never felt better and more out of pain. Now all i have left are the Mylan. Can someone please tell me exactly how I can smoke these if it is possible? I have to be careful not to mess it up since they only give me what I need per month and I cannot ger extras. Thanks, i appreciate any info on this very much! I am glad to be a part of this forum and wish you all the best!

pls avoid self incrimination

Last edited by Helene; 24-02-2010 at 10:14. Reason: self incrimination
Old 24-02-2010, 15:50
Silver Member

46 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Lisa J is a decent psychonaut.

If SWIY is prescribed fent for pain then she should ask for an increase in dose as SWIY has probably become tolerant, abusing fent will only make matters much worse and the pain harder to control. SWIM wears 100mcg patch but needs to chew half a patch every day on top of that to be pain free, and SWIM has no one but herself to blame

Excellent point, never abuse pain meds (even when in pain) always get the doc to increase or change the meds.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:12

38 y/o Female from United States
Suzydb should review received reputation comments.

My goldfish whispered to me:

Thanks for the info..my tolerance to all of these is very high..I have always been this way, been on the 75's for about a year and they no longer work at all. I did try smoking the gel once and must have done it wrong, I felt nothing at all. I am trying to avoid my pain doc wanting to put a morphine implant pump in me, I am young for that and just want to try anything to get out of pain even if its just for an hour. I never knew you could snort it, how is that done? Which way is the best in everyone's opinion? I have the mylan and the gel payches right now. Thanks All!

Please DO NOT self incriminate

Last edited by Helene; 03-03-2010 at 10:59. Reason: self incrimination
Old 04-03-2010, 23:12

Male
fozi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Swim is a bit confused about one thing. In the TEK instructions it doest say what to do with the actual GEL extracted prior to cutting up the pieced of the patch. Would swim also add the extracted gel into the shot glass? Swims intention is for IV use. Swim has been cheawing 2 100mcg non-gel patches almost everyday for a few weeks. So swim is not overly concerned about dosage but swim will make sure swim is careful to take baby doses. S

So what does swim do to get the fent out of the actual extracted gel?

any help would be great
thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 04:24

35 y/o Male from United States
fro069 should review received reputation comments.

swim tryd this method on a non gel pach and it tasted harsh like plastic when smoked just nasty what did swim do wrong?

do not self incriminate

Last edited by Helene; 06-03-2010 at 22:23. Reason: self incrimination
Old 17-03-2010, 14:35
Gold Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookieMonster View Post
there is a very large write up on the other opiate oriented forum.. i dont want to rip his post but i will give the link to the pdf that the graph came from..
tmci.o r g /opioid/sept06docs/BIANCHI.pdf
So, you left out a great amount of details by simply copying the chart.

When I read through the slides, this is what I found. They conducted experiments at room temperature soak, boiling solvent soak and percolation(similar to how coffee is brewed); however they only reported the outcome of the room temperature soak.

The experiment shown in chart reported the extraction yield of a generic patch vs Duragesic brand and it shows that Duragesic significantly resists extraction by room temperature soak.

The different solvent data basically shows that higher the alcohol concentration, better the yield. In that experiment,
vodka = 40% ethanol
"rubbing alcohol" is presumably 70%
rum = 75.5% ethanol (Bacardi 151)
methanol is perhaps anhydrous?

Thank you for that good info and link

Share this on:

Tags
drug abuse, duragesic, fentanyl, fentanyl eating smoking, fentanyl iv, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patch extraction, fentanyl., hotlinked content, intravenous injection, mylan patch, snorting drugs

» New Threads
That craving
Last post by MrSpliffy
3 Replies, 37 Views
Valium against anxiety (codeine...
Last post by shotz
0 Replies, 1 Views
do you think it was spiked
Last post by Shampoo
1 Replies, 17 Views
Sweating /codeine withdrawal
Last post by shotz