Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug combinations
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug combinations About mixing drugs.

Old 24-03-2005, 01:06

angelofdeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I've been on 150mg Effexor for the last few months, and I've been wondering what sorts of combinations would be dangerous. Alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and weed would not affect me badly when on the effexor; but I'm wondering more about the following combinations:
a)any sort of upper like ephederine,cocaine or amphetamines/methamphetamines [I wonder since my effexor does something with the norepinephrine and I heard that stuff like coke and ephedera works on it too somehow]
b)any sort of opiate like codeine or heroine.
c)valium
Old 25-03-2005, 21:19

Male
godismdma should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2 Points: 243, Level: 2
Effexor is some what the same as wellbutrin meaning it effects your dopamine and norepinephrine mainly, meaning inhibiting. You shouldn't have any pronlems with any street drugs just be carefull effexor and wellbutrin have a tendincy to raise blood pressure on its own.I am on wellbutrinand have done just about everthing on it and have had no problems with bad reactions. Let me know if you do any ecstacy on it cause X does nothing to me any more but I think that has something to do with all the SSRI's I have taken. I have read reports of MDMA not really working with people on SSRI's. Also, when I did acid I was on Paxil(SSRI) and it really didn't do anything to me. My friends took1 hit and were gone I ate 3 and didn't really trip. My theory is because it inhibits the reuptake of seratonin,drugs like MDMA does not get to the receptors. Either way let me know if you have any trouble feeling hallucinagenics that effect seratonin, while on Effexor..
Old 28-03-2005, 20:08

angelofdeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
I've never tried any real psychadelics, not really into those. I would like to some of them especially MDMA at least once though. that sucks that I won't be able to try any of that stuff with the effexor. Do you ever notice that uppers seem to last shorter when on wellburtin than before? whenever I really abuse caffeine now the buzz dosent even last half what it used to when I wasnt on the effexor.Edited by: angelofdeath
Old 28-03-2005, 21:27
Silver Member

Male
Curtains is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 582, Level: 3 Points: 582, Level: 3 Points: 582, Level: 3
well SWIM takes 150mg effexor
and has done ACID, DXM, amephetamines (might want to be careful, sometime effexor is known to speed ur heart itself), mush, xanax, never really got into painkillers so i don't no about them
but the rest of above fine with....but this is SWIM and everyone is different so do some research
Old 17-04-2005, 12:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Male from United Kingdom
adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.adzket really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6 Points: 1,802, Level: 6
i was on 150 mg of it for 1 1/2yrs and took all manor of recreational drugs with no problems at all and with no inhancment ether. but some people react difrent so take care.
Old 23-04-2005, 18:02

snakeone is an unknown quantity at this point
Effexor is novel type of antidepressant that is quite unique in its own way. It inhibits neuronal serotonin strongest,also strong on norepinepherine reuptake. It is also a weak inhibitor of dopamine reuptake. It has shown to provide certain type of analgesia (pain relief) on its own (non-opiate) and probably potentiates opiates through opioid mediated action indirectly and non-opioid mechanisms. It does boost stimulants especially strong ones like coca and meth. Mainly heart rate and cardiac related issues that would usually be mild. It could cause some anxiety also, especially with a sedative (xanax). Effexor does raise the heart rate slightly by it self, so if you have High blood pressure be extra careful, and mabey consider reducing the dose if it does. I wouldn't do acid with it ever myself. E or shrooms be careful and/or avoid if possible. Liqour usually not a problem except mabey in very large amounts. Effexor XR is what I use and I think it's the better version.The XR has also shown to help anxiety. Very effective antidepressant with overall low side effects.
Old 01-05-2005, 19:29

newman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Effexor is a esri, effects on street drugs vary, decreasing mush, and E.
Old 01-05-2005, 19:31

Sounds like a bad idea.
Old 14-05-2005, 20:43

Nadia Snow is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

weed & effexor = makes me a bit anxious/nervous than i normally am

cocaine & effexor = makes me feel "normal" a bit more energized that it but i'd definately recommend getting off the effexor because its a waste of drug money $. i am so serious

effexor & ambien & alcohol = the first 15minutes feel like a dream & before you know it you're slurring your words, feel horny & you forgot wtf happened the entire night (ambiens are no joke)

get the fuck off of effexor! i needed like ...50 cups of coffee to stay awake & function daily b/c otherwise i'd pass out i used to be so fatigued & exhausted from that garbage
Old 14-05-2005, 21:11

Nadia Snow is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/su...rms_-_Venlafax ine.shtml
Old 19-05-2005, 21:11
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
oldman is on the way upoldman is on the way upoldman is on the way up
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
swim was on effexor for 8 months (300 mgs), took about 3 weeks to withdraw slowly. was about one week off completely. Swim then took about 120 mg MDMA with spouse one evening after a nap felt nothing @ hour so swim took another 20 minutes later. didn't really feel much, had not eaten for about 3 hours prior. Swim was wondering if it is at all poss. that SSRI inhibited the experience, or he got bad e. his Wife felt somewhat rolley but thought the PM nap and food 2-3 hours before played some role in the low dose. Swims sources had not dissapointed him ever, it had been awhile (nearly a year between rolls for the both of them.
Old 20-05-2005, 09:35
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
SSRI's generally completely eliminate any euphorogenic effects of MDMA.
Old 20-05-2005, 11:46
Gold Member

43 y/o Male
oldman is on the way upoldman is on the way upoldman is on the way up
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3

how long would it generally take for ssri's to be out of your system.swim was also on 300mg of wellbutrin until one week before taking the mdma but had not had problems in any of his pervious years attempting this. Maybe effexor takes awhile to completely leave you system. does anyone know how long this may be?
Old 21-05-2005, 03:03
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
effexor is SSRI/SNRI; wellbutrin - well, it is SRI/DRI/NRI with effects on MAO systems. the prescribing physician should be shot.

i imagine the combined pharmacological effects on your serotonergic subpopulations are fairly complex and fucked up.

oldman, you will need at least 6-8 weeks free of the above poisons before MDMA will have the desired effect.Edited by: nanobrain
Old 20-04-2013, 15:56
Silver Member

Female from Australia
prisoner 11 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Re: Recreational drugs, with Effexor.

cellmate has been on effexor 150mg for over7 yrs. has been on meth for around 12mths. I have had no ill effects combining the 2 though i do find when cellmate and partner inject or smoke their meth, partner always gets a rush or at least butterflies, sometimes even makes them sick- while cellmate takes the same dose and is yet to have any of this. cellmate is around 10-15kg heavier than partner. could this be the effexor blocking the effects of the hit or does cellmate just need a bigger hit?

Share this on:

Tags
effexor, ssri combinations, ssris, venlafaxine, venlafaxine combinations