Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 11-01-2005, 06:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Lengthy Fellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Benzodiazepines and Vicodin (hydrocodone): Safe?

well, is it?

Old 11-01-2005, 09:22

vicodinaddik is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
i'd like to know if anyone's experienced it also?
Old 11-01-2005, 23:15

Darkotic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1
I'm prescribed to both. It is okay under certain circumstances, like
the dosage. I take Lorcet 10/650 and Xanax .5 and the doctor said
nothing to me about mixing (I also take Soma.) The Xan. is for anxiety
due to pain. Just be careful and don't drink.
Old 11-01-2005, 23:36
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
I know benzo's can play with your short term memory, but this is getting daft! Stop repeating yourself, Lengthy fellow! This is the 3rd time you've asked pretty much the same thing, and you're probably not going to get any better answers than you've already got. If you're still not sure do your own homework on drug interactions, or speak to a pharmacist at your local chemist. Get him to write it down if your memory's that shot! 10 points for wanting to be sure, but really...
Old 26-01-2005, 11:23

The Boss should review received reputation comments.
Aight pimpin, first off basically all your doing is taking pain medication along with anxiety meds which in the right amounts are perfectly safe. Also, as far as the person said about not drinking, bullshit. I popped 3 bars snorted 1 took 27.5 lortab and drank 2 quarts of beer, then drove from Alabama to Mississippi perfectly fine and i take xanax about 1 a month if that, as far as the tabs go... at least 10 a day due to chronic back pains from a car accadent which happend when i was about 6. Im 19 now weight is under 200 pounds, so you should be fine even with beer and excessive amounts of each but i wouldnt suggest driving as i was arrested that night about returning to MS on a trip to pick up some green.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Just, no.
Old 26-01-2005, 18:39
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Boss, just because you got away with it, doesn't make it safe! I've known people o.d. on 40+ 5mg valium, and survive. I've also known people go into respiratory collapse from half that amount.

Everybody is different, so don't say something is definitively safe from your own experience alone.

Alcohol and benzo's is not a safe mix, and I personally would take advice about safety from a self confessed drink driver with a pinch of salt. Being in control of a ton of metal at speed on a cocktail of sedatives is probably the most irresponsible thing anybody could ever do, no matter how 'Fine' you feel.
Old 26-01-2005, 22:26

Also if you read carefully you will see i said i wouldnt suggest driving and if you do choose to drink i wouldnt consume more then one alchoholic beverage with xanax as it has a tendency to amplify the pill by at least 1 with each consumption of a small amount of alchohol. In the right dosage yes it is safe, 1 a piece should be fine... and holy shit lol no one said take 40 5mg valiums thats just asking for a horrible conclusion. I didnt mean that mean. Maybe i should have said that differently.. But everyone needs to remember to be cautious when taking any script meds that arnt prescribed to you for REAL symptoms and not just what you "think" or tell the doc you have.
Old 27-01-2005, 01:35

42 y/o Male from United States
msimm really adds to the discussion.msimm really adds to the discussion.msimm really adds to the discussion.msimm really adds to the discussion.msimm really adds to the discussion.msimm really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,116, Level: 5 Points: 1,116, Level: 5 Points: 1,116, Level: 5
Benzo's potentiate opioids and the two should probably not be mixed with alcohol.

</font>From Opioids.com (http://opioids.com/opiates/):

"This drug and other
benzodiazepine tranquillisers have the effect of making codeine,
oxycodone and especially hydrocodone highs cosier and preventing the
insomnia that moderate to high narcotic doses can cause. A full
therapeutic dose of the benzodiazepine should be taken with a dose of
the narcotic starting at 70% of the usual. Alcohol must not be consumed
with benzodiazepine tranquillisers under any circumstances. Not only
does alcohol in low doses spoil the positive effects of the drug, but
practically all benzodiazepine-related deaths have something to do with
alcohol. It is assumed that oxycodone, paregoric, and opium doses
should be started even lower if taken with Valium, Xanax, Librium etc."

</font>

Quoting from HerionHelper.com (http://heroinhelper.com/sick/bored.shtml):

"
You should be
very careful with any benzodiazepine--they should not be mixed
with opioids. They potentiate the effect of opioids and
can causes overdoses. They affect the body very much the
same as alcohol does, so any warnings about alcohol apply
to benzodiazepine."

</font></font></font></font>
Old 27-01-2005, 12:17

Which is why i said one a piece and you will be fine. You shouldnt overdose on one bar and one vicodin.... if you do thats a new one to me.. id like to see an article of someone dieng off one bar and one V.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:08

CABS205 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4
My friend took 4 Xanax and 3 Vicodin and he was fucked up....but other than that, he was fine...
Old 02-02-2005, 09:50
Nefelibata

Female from United Kingdom
OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.OneDiaDem probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,316, Level: 5 Points: 1,316, Level: 5 Points: 1,316, Level: 5
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%
Ive been prescribed both by the same Dr, at the same time. No problem. Just dont overdo it.</font>
Old 02-05-2005, 07:33

psychedelicgrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Most relavent territory has been covered, so forgive me if I reiterate whats already been said. Hypothetically speaking, as we always do, I have "safely" taken 50 mg's of Hydro and 1mg of aprazolam, or more, dozens of times. Also 30-40 of oxy, plus 1 mg aprazolam. I'm not saying it's safe, but it should be a good enough yardstick to assume that a bar and one or two vicodin ES or Loro's would be fine. NEVER DRINK on this cocktail, I have first hand knowledge of lethal O.D.'s involving benzos, narcotics and liquor, and it wasn't as much drugs as you would think... the liquor did it. From what I heard it was 8 mg's of hydromorphone and a bar, which isn't really that out of hand, but add 12-15 beers and the dude's now dead. Work your way up, if you're nervous. 1mg and 7.5- 10 mg, respectively, isn't going to kill anyone, I don't care how low your tolerance is. Be safe... By the way, Boss, please don't drive when you have that cocktail in your system, for all our sake.
Old 19-07-2008, 07:00

Male from Canada
TheNewLeft should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: ok to mix xanax (Alprazolam) and vicodin?

swim's favorite fix was 25mg oxycodone or 35mg hydrocodone and 2mg of xanax or 4mg of lorazopam.

never had any problems
Old 19-07-2008, 14:44
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklemouse View Post
I know benzo's can play with your short term memory, but this is getting daft! Stop repeating yourself, Lengthy fellow! This is the 3rd time you've asked pretty much the same thing, and you're probably not going to get any better answers than you've already got. If you're still not sure do your own homework on drug interactions, or speak to a pharmacist at your local chemist. Get him to write it down if your memory's that shot! 10 points for wanting to be sure, but really...
I have to agree, 3 posts and 3 threads ALL asking the same thing, there really is no need for it. If this is a memory problem for you then i would look at adjusting the dosage.

If a doctor has prescribed two drugs then it will be fine to take them at therapeutic (as directed) doses. And it is not OK to take anything other than therapeutic doses of vicodin because of the paracetamol.
Old 19-07-2008, 15:13
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

swim gets yelled at for telling people this, but for swim and countless others t has proven true. benzodiazapines take away from the euphoria of proper opiates. not entirely mind swiy, but enough to make it worth waiting. one can of course feel both, but in swims experience swiy would only experience a threshhold of each, with certain aesthetic qualities being robbed by the other substance. swim has a number of "junkie" friends used to H who wont take other opiates without a benzo accompanyment. SWIM who is a more common, less active drug user sees friction between the two. everyone is different though.
Old 29-07-2008, 04:31

Male from USA - Pennsylvania
thereactionsite is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
vicodin and clonazepam

If swim were to take vicodin and k-pins would that be ok? and also would it have a good effect. and if not what is a good dose for a first time user from k-pins
Old 29-07-2008, 05:06
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
ThusSpokeZarathustra is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: vicodin and k-pins

Swims not an expert on Klonopin, but you should always be careful mixing benzos and opiates, because it increases your risk of overdose by quite a bit.
Old 21-08-2008, 21:04
Banned

Male
Vagisil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: vicodin and k-pins

benzos make opiates effect a bit stronger i think
Old 21-09-2008, 00:25

27 y/o Male from United States
Phuzed is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Benzos + Vicodin.. Safe?

SWIM has taken Benzos and Vicodin but never at the same time before. Is it safe to take them at the same time in low doses?

Phuzed added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Also, is it a fun combination?

Last edited by Phuzed; 21-09-2008 at 00:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-09-2008, 00:35

Male from United States
Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.Spare Chaynge really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,839, Level: 6 Points: 1,839, Level: 6 Points: 1,839, Level: 6
Re: Benzos + Vicodin.. Safe?

This combination is what swim remember to be very fun.. this made it extremely addicting to swim. The addiction to this combo has ruined and killed many many swims. Remember heath ledger... benzo and opiate combo played a huge rule in his death.

In very low dosages swim has never had a problem.. But this could lead to an issue if swim in a wonderful state of euphoria decides to take more it could lead to death,blackouts and other negative consequences.

Both of these drugs depress the respiratory system..Which can lead to death or lack of oxygen to the brain(brain damage). This seems to happen with higher dosages though.

Since there really is no point in just saying do not do it in the name of harm reduction.We have seen this with dare and other failed American drug programs swim has chosen to advice you on how to do this safely.

If swim decided the risk are worth it start with a very very low amount of both.. do not use alcohol... Swim would suggest maybe starting with 2.5 to 5mg of hydrocodone and .25 mg of alprazolam.
Old 21-09-2008, 03:19

Male
tryptamaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

yea jsut NO ALCOHOl and low doses jsut dont exeed the equivalent of 2mg of xanax or 10mg oxycodone EVER.
Old 21-09-2008, 03:56
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

Good advice, Spare Chaynge. Your dosages are very accurate for starting safe, and dosages given by many are almost always too big to be safe for the drug naive.

tryptamaster is right too, adding alcohol to this combination is an extremely poor idea.
Old 17-01-2009, 06:31

47 y/o Male
Mrxanaxs should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Benzodiazepines and Vicodin (hydrocodone): Safe?

Is a like 3 beers and 60 mg oxy and 30 mg valium stretched out for like 6 hours ok?
Old 17-01-2009, 06:45
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Benzo's are safe with opiates (hydrocodone), but only when doses aren't ridiculously high.

Also it depends on the benzodiazapine that 1 intends 2 take. Meaning if someone took 45mg temazepam & 15mg hydro and everything was straight, that person wouldn't wanna go try 45mg alprazolam (Xanax) & 20mg hydrocodone. Basically just dont over do it w/ doses & start small & go from there & everything will b ok.
Old 20-01-2009, 18:06

Male
mykeamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

same as everyone else..it'll be fine just watch the dosage. my friend has been prescribed a cocktail of these two and other like it for a long time.

Share this on:

» New Threads
Oxycontin Addiction: dancing with...
Last post by FishHead35
1 Replies, 2 Views
IV doses... minimum amount,...
Last post by polydoc
0 Replies, 1 Views
Today I Legally Purchased Cannabis...
Last post by chibi curmudgeon
6 Replies, 252 Views
Adderall Withdrawal - what should...