Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Research Chemicals Piperazines, Phenethylamines, Tryptamines & other designer drugs.

Old 15-09-2008, 18:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

39 y/o Male
Micutzul is on the way upMicutzul is on the way upMicutzul is on the way up
Points: 529, Level: 3 Points: 529, Level: 3 Points: 529, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What is DMAA ???

I keep finding this psychoactive substance available in legal party pills and powder form. The sites keep saying it's better than bzp ..whatever, you can't really trust what somebody says when he's trying to make a buck.

I haven't found any scientific source about this "new party drug ", not even what the abbreviation stands for . Maybe i didn't look hard enough.

On a site i found this -> "DMAA is the worlds best legal alternative to BZP and amphetamine. DMAA is a derivative of geranium oil which resembles the body’s own chemical messenger, epinephrine (adrenaline). Like adrenaline, DMAA is a powerful CNS stimulant." , "1gram is between 20 and 40 doses"

If it's effects are anything like epinephrine i doubt anyone would consider it a party drug, unless their idea of a party is intense anxiety and a fight/or/flight instinct. Then again , even if it's chemically similar it could have very different effects. However , most sites that sell DMAA , have ceased selling bzp or even all piperazines. Unless they're crazy or they hate money , this probably means that they expect people to LOVE DMAA .

As uninformed as i am about this, i wouldn't try it in any other way then building up from 0,5 mg. But actually i'm not going to try it at all until i get more info.

Anyone have any idea about DMAA?
Old 15-09-2008, 21:44
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7
Re: What is DMAA ???

DMAA is one abbreviation out of many possibles that mean Geranamine. This abbreviation inferring 1,3-Dimethylamylamine.

I wouldn't believe the hype from websites that are buying it by the railroad-car full and selling it for a fortune. It's been used for some time by bodybuilders and other sporting-types. Most would say it has somewhat enjoyable effects, but falls short of being worth keeping it around - or it ends up in a jar collecting dust.

Google Geranamine. And UTFSE.

Post Quality Evaluations:
10x
Old 27-09-2008, 12:07

39 y/o Male
Micutzul is on the way upMicutzul is on the way upMicutzul is on the way up
Points: 529, Level: 3 Points: 529, Level: 3 Points: 529, Level: 3

Thanks . Yeah it seems to be quite useful in the bodybuilding/sports scene so if a cyborg were to order this , even if it has litlle recreational potential it would still go to good use .
Old 14-12-2008, 19:33
Silver Member

49 y/o Male from Belgium
kalininin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1

swim thinks the bzp and other piperazine selling sites of now are having more and trouble to keep doing this legally, so now they're pushing the laegal dmaa. this could mean its an interesting substance [equally so as piperazines] or that its being overhyped, or that its somewhere inbetween.
Old 14-12-2008, 21:10
Iridium Member

Male from Belgium
FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,182, Level: 5 Points: 1,182, Level: 5 Points: 1,182, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Recreational? All I've heard of it is that it is a mild stimulant often used in stacker combos for bodybuilders. Some products advertise it as a replacement for ephedrine.
Old 14-12-2008, 22:08

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8

well, it's definitely a stimulant...but how "good" of one has yet to be agreed upon.

I know of someone who used it (ClearShot) when he ran out of his adderall prescription. he claimed that while it certainly lacked the "depth" (?euphoria?) of amphetamines, it DID work in terms of allowing him to keep going and prevented him from falling asleep at his desk while working.

it doesn't have the amphetamine-quality that ephedrine gives. But it is more stimulating than caffeine, with a similar 'clear-headedness' to caffeine.

Actually, this same individual swears that it is more effective at a normal Clearshot dose (doesn't say on the label how many mg's per dose) than 100 or 200mg Modafanil.

Granted, most supplements INCLUDING Clearshot include caffeine. Friend knows this, and still maintains that it's more effective for him than Modafanil at 'waking him up.'

If swiy're looking for a 'buzz' then i don't think you're looking in the right place. -DICK
Old 14-12-2008, 22:08
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Stephenwolf is captain of the psychonauts.Stephenwolf is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Unknown People's have been using it recreationally, and have been meaning to add a report to this forum... have it all written out even, just haven't typed it in... Unknowns don't find it stimulating on its own, kind of sedating when used alone actually, haven't tried it in combinations. used in 60mg doses.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great addition. i had no reference to the actual # of mg's. thanks.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:38
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

If that's what's in Clear Shot, it doesn't impress my pig at all. It's somewhat stimulating but with no euphoria, just giving him a rather jittery effect which he wasn't really sure he liked. I've read in other forums that it may potentiate methylone.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:14
Silver Member

49 y/o Male from Belgium
kalininin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1

swim has been trying larger doses [say 150 -200 mgrs] n he had trouble staying awake.
he thought hed have a nice light buzz at christmas dinner [of a stimulating kind oc], but he kept zoning out...hed need a gulp of wine to get normal for a few minutes. this went on and the whole evening, bearable but not nice at all.
actually at that moment swim blamed a 20mg codeine pill for the lethargic feelings [hed had almost no experience with opiates], but the next day he took some 200 mgr of dmaa n after 45mins he almost fell asleep.
ok, so swim shouldve stuck to the advised dose of 25 -50 mgr swiys would say...well he did this some 3 times, he experienced a small energy lift and a rather large bad-mood lift. he's finished with this substance. oh yeah, he takes efexor [snri antidepressant], maybe this could explain the strage fx, but hedoubts it cuz he can take most drugs without a problem.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
chupamivergaguey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

I hear someone I know has been experimenting with MDAA the past few weeks. They tell me that small doses (about 10-30 mg) snorted or smoked have a mild stimulant effect. They also tell me that larger doses (around 200 mg) dissolved in water cause 12-14 hours of what feels EXACTLY like Xanax withdrawal. But with MDAA you only get 12 hours or so rather than 2 weeks.

This does not suggest it is physiologically addictive, rather it suggests that it just isn't pleasureable enough to cause addiction. And if you take too much, you get what feels like hardcore benzodiazepine withdrawal. My frind would relegate this to the same bin as other legal highs like yohimbe, ephedrine, etc. But not kratom. Kratom rules.
Old 13-01-2009, 01:18
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I think the ephedrine analogy is very valid. ("I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy," as a friend once said of ephedrine.)
Old 18-01-2009, 12:17

32 y/o Male from United Kingdom
magicmik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenwolf View Post
Unknowns don't find it stimulating on its own, kind of sedating when used alone actually, used in 60mg doses.
Swim would agree with this from the small ~ 12mg line he snorted. Swim has a fair bit of workout experience and dosen't understand why bodybuilders would use this. Swim felt almost dissaciated not stimulated and definatly no pleasure.

Swim might try some oral next time.

With snorting it has to be the worse thing swim has ever tried. It stung like hell and left a lingering taste/smell of burnt wood.

It was v cheap and just as well otherwise swim would be anoyed.
Old 18-01-2009, 12:48

Male from Spain
pilipuntos should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

SWIM's taken 100mg many times before doing exercise and noticed a mild stimulation, but nothing else. No euphoria.

SWIM thinks that this compound hasn't any recreational value.
Old 06-02-2009, 18:23

Swim took 20-30mg orally on an empty stomach.

Swim got some stimulation characterised by jaw clenching and felt pretty awake. There was not much mental stimulation, infact quite the opposite as swim mind started to wander and swim lost concentration several times.

There was no eurphoria.

The effects lasted about 1.5 hours and wore off gradually. Later in the day swim did feel more tired than normal, but not too bad.

Swim still has quite a bit of this un-exciting chemical left so will try some new things soon.
Old 06-02-2009, 20:01
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41
Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7%

1,3-dimethylamylamine (geranamine)
Old 04-03-2009, 20:40
Banned

92 y/o Male from United States
Tony Williams is on the way upTony Williams is on the way upTony Williams is on the way up

Is this stuff on Erowid, I could not find it. Also is it worth parting a single digit for a gram of this stuff?

Snort, shoot or drop it? What dose?
Old 05-03-2009, 19:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Williams View Post
Is this stuff on Erowid, I could not find it. Also is it worth parting a single digit for a gram of this stuff?

Snort, shoot or drop it? What dose?
Not checked erowid (to be honest some reports are too long winded).
Is it worth a digit? No. Is swim glad he bought and tried? Yes.

What swim means is that for recreation this stuff seams limited but swim is always glad to try new stuff. Swim has tried vaporising (on foil), snorting and dropping small amounts (20-50mg). Each is a little different and equally dsiappointing (check swims previous reports)

Swim agrees with others that this chemical is not for pleasure and best used in combination for stimulation. Let us know how it goes.

ps swim parted with 5 fingers for a single from a well known auction site.

Share this on:

Tags
5-htp, dmaa, geranamine, kratom, methylhexanamine, research chemical, snorting drugs, wiki, withdrawals