Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 15-09-2008, 18:07

33 y/o Male from Thailand
mad_dog needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
How to get high of Temazepam

Swim have taken benzos for years as sleeping pills but swim now have a prescription for temazepam pills. They just make swim fall asleep when taken orally . However i notice this benzo is treated as a dangerous drug in Thailand and is more controlled in the UK. So how does swim get the milk from this honey????
Old 15-09-2008, 18:28
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: How to get high of Temazepam

Temazepam (Restoril in the USA) is the usual benzodiazepine, along with Flurazepam (Dalmane), prescribed for sleep in the US. Unknown regards other nations. However the newer ones like Ambien have displaced it from the marketplace. It also seems to have more of a "hangover" the next day than other benzodiazepines. One may feel stoned and washed-out from it. Maybe this is why it's more tightly controlled in other places. Longer lasting.
Old 15-09-2008, 19:27
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from Scotland
msmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way up
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3

There used to be so much hype about Temazepam in Scotland around the time when it used to be available in 'jellies' and people were shooting this shit up, loosing limbs and causing other extreme damage to their veins.

SWIM was curious to try this stuff that everyone went on about but by the time SWIM was old enough to experiment the jellies were banned and only the tablet form was available.

SWIMs experience with Temazepam was often in conjunction with alcohol. VERY BAD IDEA
SWIM had a few unfortunate encounters because of complete blackouts and often became aggressive with it too.
SWIM was eventually prescribed Temazepam from her doctor for sleeping problems associated with anxiety. SWIM discovered they did not seem to work at all for this purpose, perhaps because of already having a tolerence due to using diazepam quite often.

Anyhow the point is Temazepam is unlikely to get SWIY "high" but this is only SWIMs experience. others may disagree........
Old 15-09-2008, 20:19
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
Horiz is a decent psychonaut.

I recall people saying that Temazepam is one of the most euphoric of all Benzos, however it does nothing for SWIM.
Old 16-09-2008, 10:05

33 y/o Male from Thailand
mad_dog needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

None of the above suprisies me. swim have always used benzos as a sleeping aide and next day defence when the speed/coke/booze monkey appears on my back and begins its dance. I have never seen the buzz of taking it on its own other than a flash of contentment and a brief slowing of the mind.
Old 26-10-2008, 07:16

28 y/o Male from United States
t104 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horiz View Post
I recall people saying that Temazepam is one of the most euphoric of all Benzos, however it does nothing for SWIM.

Temezepam is euphoric at doses of at least 45mg for swim, swim doesnt really like xanax, or any other benzo but really enjoys temzepam.. does swiy take less than 45mg?
Old 26-10-2008, 07:35
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

^^^ Whoa Bessy! That's equivalent to more than 20mg diazepam, which, for the benzo naive, could well result in over-sedation and amnesia

Please be more careful with your posting, what works for your monkey may be far too much for others.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Because of the fear and loathing quotation. It made me pick it up and read it again. The funniest book I've ever read!!
Old 26-10-2008, 14:44
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,474, Level: 5 Points: 1,474, Level: 5 Points: 1,474, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

As MsMogadon pointed out, temazepam in capsule "jelly" form used to be injected which resulted in a lot of limb threatening problems, as far as i know this is among the reasons it is more tightly controlled. Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol) is in the same category as temazepam in the UK, this is probably due the date rape hype about it.

As for it being a more dangerous benzodiazepine, i wouldn't say so. It's probably as dangerous as other hypnotic benzodiazepines but all in all they are just as hard to overdose on as the rest of the benzodiazepines or at least hypnotic benzo's, and by overdose i mean respiratory depression sufficient to cause death or coma.

Some people really like temazepam but i don't think it is any more or less effective for getting recreational effects from it. I suppose it's like other benzodiazepines, some people prefer alprazolam and some people prefer diazepam.
Old 29-10-2008, 19:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
H4U2C should review received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers007 View Post
Temazepam (Restoril in the USA) is the usual benzodiazepine, along with Flurazepam (Dalmane), prescribed for sleep in the US. Unknown regards other nations. However the newer ones like Ambien have displaced it from the marketplace. It also seems to have more of a "hangover" the next day than other benzodiazepines. One may feel stoned and washed-out from it. Maybe this is why it's more tightly controlled in other places. Longer lasting.

Temazepam is NOT a long lasting benzo,Swim gets temazepam monthly from doc for insomnia and the reason doc put me on this benzo was" medium half life {8-22hours}
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29
Gold Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.
Points: 1,455, Level: 5 Points: 1,455, Level: 5 Points: 1,455, Level: 5

It has been for SWIM, the most euphoric benzo Sshe has taken, however extremely rapid tolerance to it limit it's use. SWIM was first prescribed 30mg temazepam and after having not taken any benzos in quite a long time, a single pill felt REALLY strong. Of all the benzos SWIM has encountered, the properties that define temazepam are it's euphoria, EXTREMELY rapid tolerance to the effects if used more than a few days in a row. After swim had been taking it for a while, usually on the third day, little if anything was felt which could be described as characteristic of the drug during the first day.

SWIM believes that benzos, while behaving similarly, are actually quite a bit more diverse in there actions/interactions/cross-tolerance/etc than many have given them credit for.

Interesting opinion
Old 10-11-2008, 07:50
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
machine_elf is a decent psychonaut.machine_elf is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM loves benzodiazepines, especially bromazepam and diazepam, but finds temazepam to be useful only for sleep. Everytime he has had it he became extremely unsociable and found talking an unneccessary effort, aswel as having an overwhelming urge to sleep.
Old 17-11-2008, 03:40
Silver Member

Female from United States
static_vodka_420 is a decent psychonaut.static_vodka_420 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2 Points: 194, Level: 2

swim has a large area of expertise dealing with temazepam as he has had a prescription for over a year now.. it is one of the most promising benzos recreationally in swims opinion anyway.. it tends to have more of a euphoric feeling to it than the more commonly prescribed benzos such as diazepam clonazepam and alprazolam in swims opinion all though this may have to due with swims extremelly high tolerance to those benzos due to theyre wide spread availability.. it also tends to leave one feeling a content after high instead of the typical pissed off alprazolam withdrawl swim was used too.. it also works very well for its prescribed reasons it is the only drug besides seroquel or flurazepam that allows swim to achieve a good nights sleep and is invaluable in helping with his extreme panic attacks(this is due to the fact that if insuffulated it hits rather hard and fast to initially disable the attack then sticks around long enough to keep another at bay) so in conclusion swim loves this benzo although he must agree with the rapid tolerance thing

on a side note he is also fairlly sure its a moderate half life benzo not a long hlf life one

static_vodka_420 added 9 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
^^^ Whoa Bessy! That's equivalent to more than 20mg diazepam, which, for the benzo naive, could well result in over-sedation and amnesia

Please be more careful with your posting, what works for your monkey may be far too much for others.
swim is fairlly certain that sence 45 mg temazepam is equivalent to 22.5mg diazepam or 1.25 mg alprazolam it most likelly would not harm even a benzo novice as this would still be in the prescribed range and swim used 3 mg alprazolam for his first attempt ever using any kind of pill and had no ill effects besides slight memory problems the main danger would be some swiy taking this dose and then going to get drunk and having an overdose from the mutual potentiation

however swim respects the wishes of the moderators and understands the concepts of better safe than sorry and that not everyones body works the same

swim is ramblling due to amphetamine use so hell wrap this up

no disrespect intended swim just thought he would throw in his 10 cents worth of bullshit

Thanks, I neede to know about temazepam as I've just been prescribed it. Will try to insufflate 20mg later.

Last edited by static_vodka_420; 17-11-2008 at 03:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-11-2008, 17:36
Mercury Member

Male from Finland
dolo needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Swim values this benzo a lot. It doesnt make him sleepy but bit like drunk you get from the alchohol especially gelcapped ones.
Old 23-11-2008, 21:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
Freedom of Mind is a decent psychonaut.Freedom of Mind is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 584, Level: 3 Points: 584, Level: 3 Points: 584, Level: 3

Mixed with a few beers Temazepam has an enjoyable relaxing effect for swim, but to much alcohol mixed with temazepam causes memory loss and poor judgment as they both potentiate each other, so swim sticks to a low amount of alcohol when used in combination. When used on its own its useful for relaxing but doesn't get swim high beyond that.
Old 25-11-2008, 00:47
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2

Any dose range swimmers enjoy particularly? Swim is very cautious with benzos. She is prescribed 30mgs. Would 60 be over doing it?
Old 05-12-2008, 17:13
Gold Member

Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.Laudaphun must live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Female View Post
Any dose range swimmers enjoy particularly? Swim is very cautious with benzos. She is prescribed 30mgs. Would 60 be over doing it?
Tread cautionsly, as used no more than twice weekly a 30mg temazepam capsule will provide a nice feeling of relaxation... A very nice (yet seductive) way to end a stressful day. However, used more often than twice per week.... (3 at the absolute most), it will begin to lose it's desired effects.

If you try using it more than 2-3 times per week, it will lose its effect and usually at that point typically a person will increase the dose to 60mg to try to get the same effects which might work for a brief period of time, but then it is very very difficult to go back to 30mg and you will not get anymore effects than if you had stuck with 30mg twice a week.

This is assuming use of no other benzos and solely based on the experiences of SWIM's marmoset. But, 30mg (her perscribed dose) limited to 2 -3 times per week worked very very well, and provided very nice relaxation for a year...

A few other notes...

Other benzos will also interfere with the effects of temazepam. Chlordiazepoxide (which feels very mild) made temazepam completely devoid of any effects for several days... which seemed strange as the chlordiazepoxide produced no effects, and the temazepam had been quite strong. SWIM tends to believe that the active metabolites and their long half-life may have led to this effect. SWIM's marmoset does not know for sure but this might well be the case for other benzos which have active metabolites.

Another benzo-benzo interaction SWIM noted was that alprazolam seemed totally devoid of effects following daily temazepam usage, but upon cessation of temazepam for 2-3 days, the alprazolam began to work just fine. Alprazolam seems to provide consistant results for SWIM's marmoset unless temazepam is used for anymore than 2 days in a row, at which point the alprazolam becomes ineffective for a day or two.

From the experiences of SWIM's marmoset, the KEY to both therapeutic and recreational usefulness of temazepam is moderation... This can be said for many substances but it really is essential with temazepam in the long run.

Thanks, will be testing my temazepam soon baseed on your advise
Old 05-12-2008, 18:13
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.Female probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2 Points: 338, Level: 2

That was extremely helpful! Though, it is a bit sad. She was prescribed this for only two weeks worth of pills. Swim thinks she sort of oblivious to benzos. When she was prescribed Xanax (not anymore) at least that at first made her sleepy. Neither of these benzos were relaxing or euphoric to her. Another thing is that SWIM is on Seroquel, Zoloft, and Wellbutrin in addition to whatever sleep aid her psychiatrist will give her that week, since nothing works well after a day it seems. Those medication might have something to do with it.
Old 05-12-2008, 18:31

43 y/o Male
tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1

Quote:
I recall people saying that Temazepam is one of the most euphoric of all Benzos
yes. and others say that flunitrazepam is. then there are people that say alprazolam is, lorazepam is, bromazepam is.

two weeks ago i asked my doc for a remestan prescription, they didn't have them in the pharmacy so they gave me 20 x 20 mg planum / pfizer. they are still selling those "injectable" gelcaps here. i once tried injecting when i was 25 or so, but did only one time or two. temazepam has a very good bioavailability when taken orally, anyway. temazepam to me never was a drug that i used to drop when going to the pub and have a few beers. to me it is a good hypnotic, that's all.
i used different hypnotics for sleeping treatment, what i disliked about temazepam is, that very strange feeling i got when waking up for a few minutes during the night.
interesting is, that temazepam and diazepam chemically almost are identical, the only difference is that hydroxy group near N4 in the azepine ring, so just adding a single Oxygene atome to diazepam makes a completely different working benzo.
Old 13-02-2009, 23:49
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranny4u View Post
interesting is, that temazepam and diazepam chemically almost are identical, the only difference is that hydroxy group near N4 in the azepine ring, so just adding a single Oxygene atome to diazepam makes a completely different working benzo.
I do not recall the source of the information but I do remember somewhere that temazepam was a metabolite of diazepam. But, it would be such a small amount of temazepam that would contribute to little effect one would think. SWIM will have to dig up the literature to see exactly what % is converted into temazepam. SWIM would guess very little, but still it is an interesting tidbit of info.
Old 14-02-2009, 16:34

43 y/o Male
tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.tyranny4u is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1

Quote:
SWIM would guess very little, but still it is an interesting tidbit of info.
yes, it is a rather small amount. it does not belong to the main metabolites.
Old 15-02-2009, 04:02
Palladium Member

Female from United States
pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.
Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

SWIM says potentiating temazepam with Lyrica (Pregabalin) and Robaxin (Methocarmbamol) gives it an entirely nice, new speedy kick.

pinksox added 7 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

The metabolites of Valium (diazepam) are Serax (oxazepam), Restoril (temazepam), and nordaizepam.

Its kinda a triangle. Temazepam's main metabolite is Serax (oxazepam) .

Last edited by pinksox; 15-02-2009 at 04:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-02-2009, 20:40

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

my friends sister takes up to 90-120 mg for sleep and gets a nice mellow buzz. dizziness and a little euphoria. Puts on some headphones and mellow music. she has a high tolerance to benzos though, so dont try that on your first go. 30mg use to knock her on her ass....

RX420 added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

what else would be a good mix with temazies beside other benzos or opies??

Last edited by RX420; 16-02-2009 at 20:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2009, 12:14
Banned

Male
el burgo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 170, Level: 2 Points: 170, Level: 2 Points: 170, Level: 2

SWIM finds cannabis a great mix with temazepam!
Old 25-08-2009, 17:14

Male from United States
donkeygospel should review received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by static_vodka_420 View Post
swim is fairlly certain that sence 45 mg temazepam is equivalent to 22.5mg diazepam or 1.25 mg alprazolam it most likelly would not harm even a benzo novice as this would still be in the prescribed range
Yes, that is correct. Today I was prescribed temazepam for sleep, and the starting dose was 45mg, though my doctor suggested this dose could be raised if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudaphun View Post
used more often than twice per week.... (3 at the absolute most), it will begin to lose it's desired effects.
Interesting, because my doctor told me to take the 45mg every night, with no time-frame for the treatment. In fact, she implied that it would be prescribed long-term for me.

And she is a very respected and knowledgeable psychiatrist, with copious training and experience. I'm sure she knows what she is doing; tempazepam, as she presented it, has therapeutic potential, long-term, with daily doses, even high ones. Perhaps this doesn't apply to recreational use...
Old 25-08-2009, 17:52
missparkles missparkles is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17 Points: 14,963, Level: 17
Activity: 16.6% Activity: 16.6% Activity: 16.6%

The therapeutically prescribed dose in the UK is 10-20mg per night. Under exceptional circumstances 30-40 mg may be given. That isn't the recreational dose obviously, so how does this equate with 45mg being the therapeutically prescribed dose in the US?
Sorry if Sparkles is missing something here.
Thanks.
Sparkles.

Share this on:

Tags
temazepam, temazepam dose