Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 20-03-2005, 17:37

Female from United States
computergod should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
With Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

When
reading the erowid trip reports of people who had hallucinations from Wellbutrin
(bupropion), I discovered that all but one of them drank alcohol in
combination with a large amount of wellbutrin. Previously, I only had
one small, short-lived hallucination from it. I was snorting a mixture
of it and coke while I was out drinking. I saw definite trails from it,
but the experience only lasted ~5 minutes. After that, I found that
injecting was the best way to use it for its coke-like effects that I
enjoyed. While injecting it I never had and hallucinations, just the
coke-like effects.</font>

I
decided to see if I could trip on it. I took 15 150mg mg pills, waited
1/2 hour, then drank ~200ml of vodka. I waited for about an hour and a
half, but only felt drunk. I gave up and went to sleep. I woke up a few
hours later with a rapid heart beat, and a dry mouth. It took me a
while to notice the hallucinations, or maybe it a while for them to
show up. The visuals were different from acid. There some acid-like
slow moving, morphing type stuff, but there were other ones that I
hadn't experienced before. They were fast moving, chaotic, and violent
in their movements. Imagine a flag flapping around in a gale, the
surface of some objects looked like that. It only seemed to work on
things that were kind of darkened in the low morning light.</font>

The
visuals vanished after about 4 hours, but the rapid heart beat stayed
with me all day. I had to take 3 sleeping pills just to get to sleep
that night. When I work up I still felt like I was in a psychedelic
mind set.</font>

I
think that the trip would have been much more intense, like the trip
reports on erowid, if I were not taking Risperdal. Risperdal blocks the
effects of most recreational drugs, I took a lot of acid on it and
barely felt anything. If your planning on trying this make sure that
you have a trip sitter. The fact that this was strong enough to get
past the Risperdal I am taking suggests that the trip for people not on
it will be very intense.</font>

Old 19-09-2006, 23:43
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
Holy Moly @ Wellbutrin (Bupropion)

Ok, this is quoted from SWIM:

"So the past few days I've been very sick with a viral infection. It's kind of going away, but I went to the doctors anyway (I had threee issues top discuss: sickness, insomnia, diazepam refill [if anyone of you have read the thread about my doctor cutting me off]).
So to make a long story short, he gave me some more valium (he's a great guy) and also perscribed me Wellbutrin SR 300mg daily. I started with 150mg the the first day (yesterday) and again today (one tomorrow, then I start taking 300mg).
So here's where it gets interesting. SWIM got about 5 hours of sleep, which is actually more than usual and was slightly tired in the morning. He took his Wellbutrin around 8am. Maybe around noon or so he started to get speedy effects. They got VERY intense. I felt VERY motivated and the need to be very very organized, and definately had a good mood lift.
This felt a lot like amphetamine, and actually is contemplating on wether or not it was stronger. I was astonished at how intense this was.
No crazy sweatting noted, nor an increase in heart rate (or rather, I didn't notice). I ended up cleaning my room down to the rug strands, organized everything, vacuumed profusely, did all his laundry... I was going 100 miles per hour. He experiences no bad, dirty feeling like he does with amphetamine or other stims. It was pure pleasure.
Then he decided to smoke a joint. He thinks this was a bad idea. He started to zone out, lost the speediness, and very heavy sedation fell over him. He felt very nice and cozy, though and took a glorious nap for maybe 2-3 hours (but this could all be due to his previous sickness, lack of sleep, etc).
As of now I'm still pretty tired, but I can stay awake.
I always get intense and exaggerated effects from almost every drug I take, especially perscription drugs. I love it, though!
I wonder if his tolerance will go up quick, eliminating the speediness. Either way, he just hopes it still gives him motivation and a good mood.

Only bad side effects noted so far:
Very dry mouth (especially during/after sleep)
Slight lightheadedness, feather-like waves every so often. Way more intense after smoking marijuana. He didnt like that.
The sedation, which is still a bit iffy because other things may have contributed.

He did not snort or crush the wellbutrin, he just took it as perscribed. Has anyone else gotten such strong effects at the 150mg level, orally taken?
Very bizarre, indeed!
I will post more as I get more accustomed to taking this drug (only been on it for 2 days). He is very curious as to what 300mg will do. He will find out in 2 days.

Anyway, I just had to share this!"

That's SWIM for ya... always getting crazy effects from things that he.. well.. shouldnt! The only other bizarre+intense effects as significant as this was when he was perscribed Ambien. Search my threads, I'm sure you'll find a few posts on it.
Whew!
Old 20-09-2006, 00:33
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
I can't think, unless I really try to, of a worse thing to do when undergoing withdrawl from valium than taking a sucky amphetamine-wanabee drug like bupropion (wellbutrin). That wins the masochism-prize for 2006.

Even in the best of circumstances, bupropion is an agitated, anorexic buzz that makes most victims feel happy once it's over.

The toilet is hungry. Feed it.

Ack!

Post Quality Evaluations:
"The toilet is hungry. Feed it." Too late. Rolling on floor laughing.
Old 20-09-2006, 01:00
Gold Member

Male from United States
Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.Nahbus must live here.
Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8 Points: 3,148, Level: 8
But SWIM is not undergoing valium withdrawl.. he is perscribed it for social anxiety.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:40
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
Re: Holy Moly @ Wellbutrin

SWIM just extracted another batch of nearly pure bupropion from a bottle of just-expired 150SR tablets. He's absolutely positive that snorting it produces a mild dopaminergic buzz/euphoria that feels much different than taking the tablets as prescribed. It's really not intense enough to be recreational, but has aided SWIM during comedowns and in between stimulant runs when his neurotransmitters were really 'dried up'. So nonprescription (ab)uses are limited, but they definitely exist.

P.S. click on SWIM's username to get to his website, which lists the extraction technique he uses.

Last edited by Nicaine; 11-10-2006 at 04:18.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:13
Gold Member

33 y/o Male from Costa Rica
xctico is a decent psychonaut.xctico is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 498, Level: 3 Points: 498, Level: 3 Points: 498, Level: 3
Wellbutrin (Bupropion)... How deep is the rabbit hole?

Q has been medicated with Wellbutrin for several months [not the first time though]. From discussions on another thread Q started doing some research on it on Erowid and Q has found that Wellbutrin seems to be full of surprises...

Q was under the impression that Effexor was the first SNRI... apparently Q was wrong... As Wellbutrin also inhibits the re-uptake of nor epinephrine and dopamine.

But that was not my only surprise, Q also found that Bupropion [the active ingredient] "is an amino ketone, chemically related to other phenethylamines"

After reading this i proceeded to the experiences reports...

Q found reports raging from ++++ hallucinations to coke/amphetamine like euphorias... passing through a few nasty combinations... and wake ups in the emergency room...

Upon conducting a search through Google, Q found several studies that speak of hallucinations related directly to Bupropion. However, most of those are not available only and seem to be but a mere library entry... here's the only relevant one that Q has found freely available online...

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/.../12/2017-a.pdf

Does anyone else have more information or experiences on this subject/?
Old 18-06-2007, 17:09
Gold Member

Female from Earth
toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.toe really adds to the discussion.
Points: 959, Level: 4 Points: 959, Level: 4 Points: 959, Level: 4
Re: Wellbutrin... How deep is the rabbit hole?

Activation syndrome is extremely common with bupropion, and that's what the psychosis, emergent suicidal ideation, insomnia, dysphoric mania, agitation, anxiety and whatnot are collectively referred to. It's common enough that one of the most popular commercial sites for prescription drug reference blatantly advocates accompanying new bupropion prescriptions with a benzo:

Quote:
It is particularly important to administer WELLBUTRIN XL Tablets in a manner most likely to minimize the risk of seizure (see warnings). Gradual escalation in dosage is also important if agitation, motor restlessness, and insomnia, often seen during the initial days of treatment, are to be minimized. If necessary, these effects may be managed by temporary reduction of dose or the short-term administration of an intermediate to long-acting sedative hypnotic. A sedative hypnotic usually is not required beyond the first week of treatment. Insomnia may also be minimized by avoiding bedtime doses. If distressing, untoward effects supervene, dose escalation should be stopped.
The seizure risk has been noted to be very much dose dependant, which is why doses above 450mg/day of the XL version and above 400mg/day of the SR version are not reccomended.

All in all, it's not an innocent drug and nothing to be messed around with. The first time Nurse Ratched was prescribed this med, she was on the brand name XL version at 300mg and scarcely took notice of it. A few years later she was prescribed 200mg/day of the genericSR version and for about a week spent 22 hours a day trying to decipher the firearms regulations of all the bordering states, and the other 2 hours tossing and turning trying to pretend she was asleep.

Last edited by toe; 18-06-2007 at 18:50. Reason: typo
Old 18-06-2007, 17:16
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

Wellbutrin is one of the nastiest substances possible.Many years ago swim was prescribed it.He took it for two days and it felt terrible,swim can't believe anyone would try to use this recreationally.Swim did not feel right in any sense of the word.He was jittery,things depressed him more,his joints ached,he would sweat alot even though it was around November and fairly cool outside.Swim has seen threads were people were actually wanting to snort this stuff.Swim hopes anyone that thinks of this reads some of the side effects for an overdose on this stuff.They are very,very unpleasant infact one of them is seizures.
Old 19-06-2007, 02:32
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

47 y/o Male
grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.grandbaby really knows their shit.
Points: 1,662, Level: 6 Points: 1,662, Level: 6 Points: 1,662, Level: 6

I cannot imagine anyone using bupropion recreationally — though I know people do — I've read trip reports. But then, people also use gasoline recreationally, so — as someone I know is fond of saying — there are a lot of idiots out there.

That said, used as prescribed and for the right conditions, bup. is the fo'shizzle. I'm on 300mg of Wellbutrin XL per day and I honestly have never felt consistently this good. Certainly since I was a child, and possibly never. First, I have quit smoking WITHOUT making my wife want to kill me for being cranky, which alone is a blessing, but also it has alleviated my chronic depression, which has basically changed my life ... without changing who I am, if you know what I mean.

I don't find it pushy, I don't feel greyed out or artificially stimulated; I just feel like a saner version of myself.

I expect that there are myriad kinds of depression, and that whatever kind I have been suffering from all my life is related to norepinephrine and/or dopamine, making an NDRI ideal for me. Not, obviously, for everyone ... and somehow after all this time head-shrinkers are still not fully clued in to the fact that one shoe does not fit all feet.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for the positive info on therapeutic results
Old 19-06-2007, 03:08

35 y/o Male
Drakzon is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Swim took alot of welbutrin once for a while thought he was playing everquest on his tv, at somepoint swim fell down and hit his lip and maybe had a seizure but has no memory of this. No euphoria was ever felt
Old 19-06-2007, 14:34
Gold Member

33 y/o Male from Costa Rica
xctico is a decent psychonaut.xctico is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 498, Level: 3 Points: 498, Level: 3 Points: 498, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandbaby View Post
I cannot imagine anyone using bupropion recreationally — though I know people do — I've read trip reports. But then, people also use gasoline recreationally, so — as someone I know is fond of saying — there are a lot of idiots out there.

That said, used as prescribed and for the right conditions, bup. is the fo'shizzle. I'm on 300mg of Wellbutrin XL per day and I honestly have never felt consistently this good. Certainly since I was a child, and possibly never. First, I have quit smoking WITHOUT making my wife want to kill me for being cranky, which alone is a blessing, but also it has alleviated my chronic depression, which has basically changed my life ... without changing who I am, if you know what I mean.

I don't find it pushy, I don't feel greyed out or artificially stimulated; I just feel like a saner version of myself.

I expect that there are myriad kinds of depression, and that whatever kind I have been suffering from all my life is related to norepinephrine and/or dopamine, making an NDRI ideal for me. Not, obviously, for everyone ... and somehow after all this time head-shrinkers are still not fully clued in to the fact that one shoe does not fit all feet.
I've had a similar experience with Wellbutrin, when using it as prescripted... except that instead of quiting cigarrettes I actually pick on smoking [I only smoke tobacco while on wellbutrin for some reason...]
Old 20-07-2007, 16:36

Male
nononono15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1

so does anyone out there have any good or euphoric trips with wellbutrin?
Old 17-08-2007, 05:33

31 y/o Male
MindCandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

The DXM trips SWIM had on wellbutrin were remarkably more intense than when SWIM wasn't on any meds...but the next day SWIM was extremely uncoordinated.

Last edited by MindCandy; 17-08-2007 at 05:47.
Old 22-08-2009, 12:41

24 y/o Male
era13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Re: With Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

SWIM's tried insufflating it once. The burning sensation in the nostrils was way more painful than expected and the drip left a feeling, almost like a spicy burn but with an added sharp, stinging sensation, in the back of the mouth. Tears were pouring out down SWIM's face and the inability sneeze was unbearable coupled with the nasal drip and having to fight the urge to blow it all into a tissue before it had time to absorb. SWIM can't remember whether the dose was 150 or 300 mg.

The buzz was hardly noticeable along with any euphoria. Instead SWIM felt like he had the flu for the whole duration. And what was worse was that sleeping was not an option because of the stimulating effect. SWIM was expecting to feel motivated to do things, like others have mentioned, but the undesirable effects greatly overpowered any beneficial ones.

SWIM has been on Wellbutrin XL for a few months and his depression has gradually improved. However, weed hasn't been the same. It tends to make him paranoid and extremely self-conscious, especially when around a lot of people. SWIM's also been experiencing auditory and visual hallucinations whenever he's high, which, for the most part, have been undesirable and distracting.

Recently, SWIM has been experiencing mild visual hallucinations like moving objects in the corners of SWIM's eyes and worm-like wiggling in very low light. These tend to occur when SWIM is trying to fall asleep but there have been times when they occurred in the middle of the day.

SWIM has come to the conclusion that bupropion has no recreational value whatsoever, and even though everyone reacts differently, the majority of experience reports SWIM's read so far have the same opinion. Despite this, SWIM occasionally has the urge to try insufflation again when there's no weed around
Old 15-09-2009, 23:47
Titanium Member

Male from United States
xenos is captain of the psychonauts.xenos is captain of the psychonauts.xenos is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 380, Level: 3 Points: 380, Level: 3 Points: 380, Level: 3

hey, first post(maybe?).... SWIM was prescribed wellbutrin during a really tough point in my life, and it sure did not help. SWIM was new to the whole psychiatry thing and didn't realize SWIM's doc was a pill-pusher, so SWIM just took whatever he recommended..untill SWIM realized he could get 2mg xanax if SWIM just asked anyways back to the point, wellbutrin made SWIM go to a different planet... felt extremely manic and almost threw himself off of a building, to the extent that SWIM was holding my phone in my shaky hands dialing 911. SWIM didnt kill myself or make that call but quit that shit immedietely, did not interact with SWIM's brain chemistry, also felt to euphoria. A friend of mine was prescribed it for years when he was younger and eventually quit.. he still has shaky hands. I think this chemical is only meant for certain people, if you are bipolar beware.

Last edited by Jatelka; 16-09-2009 at 06:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-12-2013, 04:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5
Activity: 10.8% Activity: 10.8% Activity: 10.8%

I decided to try Bupropion, since I've heard it can help with depression. Also on this particular day I could barely get myself out of bed, mostly due to taking alot of Kratom the night before. I took a spoonful of Maeng Da Kratom 2-3 hours before the Bupropion, and was still somewhat high on that at the time.

1:30 pm - Chew up 150 mg of Bupropion, I wanted it to hit me all at once instead of being extended release, so I can gauge the true nature of this chemical. The taste is absolutely horrid and it burns my mouth slightly.

1:40 pm - I'm feeling a stimulant rush I think, with pleasant sensations in my head and gut. I'm feeling alot more awake, and it seems like everything has gotten a little brighter. Getting some waves of warmth, which might have more to do with the Kratom in my system than the Bupropion. Listening to music is bringing on euphoria. I have a strong urge to do things, which greatly contrasts with my lethargic behavior 15 minutes ago. I decide to tidy up my room a bit.

1:45 pm - I'm feeling a noticeable adrenaline rush, and am getting more wired by the minute. I really want to do physical activities, so I decide to do my daily exercise. My body is tingling with euphoria... which might have something to do with the Kratom but I wasn't feeling this good before I took the Bupropion. I feel alot more mentally clear than I have all day. I find this comparable to an amphetamine high.

1:55 pm - Workout is underway and I'm loaded with energy. Music sounds amazing. I'm feeling very sociable and texting my friends to make plans for the evening.

2:20 pm - My mood is euphoric, my thoughts have become much more positive. I feel like I have boundless energy and am moving to the music. There's sensations throughout my body reminiscent of amphetamines.

2:50 pm - I finish working out, and am drenched with sweat. Very hungry, but after the first few bites of a sandwich I feel full. This definitely suppresses appetite. I take a spoonful of Kratom at this point to mellow things out.

3 pm - I still have plenty of energy, and go out to play football with friends. I'm very sociable.

At some point during the evening things went back to baseline, aside from the fact I have no depressing thoughts at all. It must still be in my system since it has a fairly long half life. Overall I'm pleased with Bupropion, and will probably use it again when I need energy or if I'm in a bad mood.

Another notable thing is I've barely had the urge to use my e-cigarette today. I used it a couple times during the day and put it down after a few puffs. The euphoria and stimulation from Nicotine was still there, but it wasn't as compulsive as usual.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, bad batch, bad trips, bupropion, drugs, drugs-forum, dxm, euphoria, hallucination, hallucinations, injecting, insufflate, insufflating, recreational dose, recreational use, snorting, snorting drugs, stimulant, trip reports, tripping, welbutrin, wellbutrin