Register Tags

Notices

Old 26-08-2008, 02:52

26 y/o Female
thewayigroove is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How does Adderall compare to cocaine?

I was just wondering how Adderall compares to cocaine. Basically, do they do the same thing to the chemicals in your brain, or do they do different things altogether? Because SWIM thinks they feel like they have very, very similar effects.

Thanks guys!!
Old 26-08-2008, 03:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8
Re: How does Adderall compare to cocaine?

no. they're very different. use the search engine. i'm sure this question has been answered before.

adderall is a mixture of amphetamine salts...basically a prescription 'designer' drug modeled around the common "dextroamphetamine" aka "Dexadrine". it is a pharmaceutical drug, class II, (i.e. requires paper Rx, no refills), it lasts for hours & hours (4-6 hours usually). Adderall XR is extended release, same compounds. used to treat ADD, ADHD, and narcolepsy. i don't think it's available outside the US, but i could be wrong about this.

cocaine is well, something different...it's illegal (class I), more expensive, and only last 20-30 minutes...numbing to the mucous membranes, has potential for more "euphoria" than adderall, in all totally different than adderall, only similarity is that both are classified as "stimulants"...but that's not to say that at least one unscrutinizing user of drugs, sometime in history, hasn't made the idiotic, blanket statement that "adderall is cocaine in a pill."...some variation of this statement is, undoubtedly, the seed of your question, and that's ok... just don't believe it. and don't propagate untruths.

-DICK.

wait, i didn't see the 2nd part of your question: on the "Neurological effects of cocaine vs. Neurological Effects of Amphetamines"
short answer is kinda, but not really. they are very different mechanisms.

please do yourself a favor, and in doing so, save one of us the burden of explaining it to you.
look it up for yourself
then come back and post what you've found (right here, in this thread that you've started...)
we are much more tolerant of questions when those questions demonstrate that the questioner is willing to do some homework for himself.
Old 28-08-2008, 03:53

Male from United States
Omalley should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

for SWIM the two feel very much alike, except that coke doesn't last worth shit and has never felt quite as euphoric as adderall(140mg) but thats just SWIM's opinion, he practically worships the amphetamines.
Old 28-08-2008, 03:59
Banned

24 y/o Male
Junket is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend has popped adderall many times, sometimes in large amounts and has never found it to be like coke..

even just the ritual of chopping and actually snorting the coke is better than any adderall high out there..
Old 31-08-2008, 15:06

Male from USA - Missouri
blackdb1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Swim thinks Adderall is a better all-around recreational experience for many, many reasons. Thats just swims personal opinion! Although the rush and euphoria from cocaine are far greater than adderall but WAY too short of effects so swim prefers the longer lasting, amphetamines (adderall)!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 03:37

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omalley View Post
for SWIM the two feel very much alike, except that coke doesn't last worth shit and has never felt quite as euphoric as adderall(140mg) but thats just SWIM's opinion, he practically worships the amphetamines.
just in case we have anyone viewing this thread, looking for "advice"... I'm not here to tell someone what they should or shouldn't be taking, but I want to be clear that 140mg is an ENORMOUS dose of Adderall! 140mg of Adderall is anywhere from 3x to 14x (TIMES) the recommended dose of Adderall.

fyi: tablets come in 5, 10, 20, & 30mg forms (newer doses:2.5mg, 7.5mg, 15mg, and maybe others...).

Adderall comes in 2 forms: regular (aka "instant release") and XR ("extended release") formulations. Dosing of XR is based on the idea that it gives you the same # of milligrams, only spread out over 8-10 hours.

This dose is FAR above any beginner dose. Something more like 5-10mg for a beginner, and up to 30mg (instant release) at any one time, & 20mg to 60mg for XR, is much more reasonable, and can be taken safely by most people.

Some people will certainly take higher doses recreationally... although, I've heard of adults taking 40mg, 50mg, or even 60mg at once without any known problems or complications, it should be stated that high doses are not advised, and high doses can definitely cause heart attacks, arrythmias, strokes, dangerously high blood pressures... although any dose (10mg+) could be considered potentially "recreational." people should definitely be careful with this drug... and just because some US dr's seem to give it out like candy, that doesn't mean that it should be disrespected.

BEWARE: persons with heart conditions, high blood pressure (hypertension), elevated heart rates, taking other stimulant meds, people with thyroid conditions... Make no mistake about it, adderall contains amphetamines.
The amphetamine is prepared in a mixture of various salt forms....for chemistry buffs, it give you roughly a 50:50 mix of d- and l- amphetamine isomers. d-amphetamine (dexadrine); and l-amphetamine (levo-amphetamine)--for it's side effect 'buffering' profile.

Adderall is essentially a "designer" form of dextro-amphetamine, designed mostly for its comparatively "pleasant" come-down/crash and fewer side-effects than regular dexadrine.

-DICK

Last edited by Richard_smoker; 03-09-2008 at 03:52.

Share this on:

Tags
dexedrine