Notices

Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 20-08-2008, 10:11

Male from United States
Tweak322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Safe amount of MDMA per dose?

What is a safe amount of the powdered mdma that should be put into a capsule? I was thinking about buying size "3" (324mg) capsules and filling with 250mgs of mdma or would this be to much?

Any advise? thanks
Old 20-08-2008, 11:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Re: Safe amount of MDMA per molly?

Many would consider 250mg verging on toxic in terms of dosage range but everyone has their own tolerance and natural sensativity to the drug.

Normal dosage ranges from 100mg for a low recreational dose all the way to 180mg for quite a heavy dose. Beyond this most find the side effects ie feeling overstimulated, jittery and other amphetamine like effects increase without a suitable increase of euphoria gained from the more serotogenic side.

Most good quality ecstacy pills have roughly 80-100mg of MDMA in them

SWIF uses a dosage of 140mg most times when he goes out with a booster of another 60mg if required but often it isnt.

SWIF doesnt know much it terms of capsules he's always "bombed" powdered drugs which involves wrapping them in a rizzla and swallowing the rizzla whole. but he would imagine it's the same.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Mostly agree. Can go up to 160, but no higher to avoid the jitters.
Old 20-08-2008, 13:12
Banned

58 y/o Male
old hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6

Agree, 250mg is too much. Stick with 100-125mg.

good advice on dosage
Old 23-08-2008, 20:51
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,787, Level: 12 Points: 7,787, Level: 12 Points: 7,787, Level: 12
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%

Most people feel that with many drugs, especially MDMA, there is a 'sweet-spot' to be reached rather than applying a more is better philosophy. Many users say that the 'gold standard' MDMA dose is ~120mg with a 62.5mg booster at t+2:00 hours. Higher doses tend to elicit higher side effect profiles as mentioned above which include dehydration, jitters, anxiety, dysphoria, confusion, physical discomfort, nausea...etc.

Freshacejay, 1500mg is a very excessive and dangerous dose, please tell your friend to be much more careful in the future as doses like that can lead to a user becoming an unfortunate statistic and further demonizing a relatively benign chemical.
Old 27-08-2008, 19:38

Male from Earth
KomodoMK is captain of the psychonauts.KomodoMK is captain of the psychonauts.KomodoMK is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 510, Level: 3 Points: 510, Level: 3 Points: 510, Level: 3

SWIM tends to dose 150mg orally and 10 minutes after ~50mg intranasally... this gives one hell of a come up and a ride. SWIM is very experienced with MDMA but only uses once every 3-6 months now. (Lesson learned...)

That said, it doesn't mean it's the right dose for everyone, we are all different. It always pays to remember you can always up the dose but you can't reduce. Play it safe.
Old 28-08-2008, 15:08

Male
robertone probably knows what they are talking about.robertone probably knows what they are talking about.robertone probably knows what they are talking about.robertone probably knows what they are talking about.robertone probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,216, Level: 5 Points: 1,216, Level: 5 Points: 1,216, Level: 5

Swim once had the opertunity to ask groups of people which [starting] dose of MDMA they preferred. It turned out that they preferred 125 mg on small parties (mostly privat with about 20 people) and 110 mg on mega parties.
Old 22-11-2008, 00:58
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,093, Level: 8 Points: 3,093, Level: 8 Points: 3,093, Level: 8
Re: Is a whole gram safe?

a safe, reasonable amount is anywhere from 75-175mg for many people. This bit of information gets thrown by the wayside in many UK clubs, dance parties, and festivals all the time unfortunately. While some neurons got fried due to the neurotoxicity of MDMA, SWIY will be fine with time. SWIY's mood will likely be affected by the recent events for a few weeks, just as a warning. Other side-effects may manifest themselves since serotonin is used for an awful lot of htings in the body.

good post

Last edited by RaverHippie; 22-11-2008 at 02:08. Reason: spelling yo
Old 22-11-2008, 01:33

Male from Netherlands
robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.robin_himself must live here.
Points: 1,114, Level: 5 Points: 1,114, Level: 5 Points: 1,114, Level: 5

Yeah raverhippie is right. The dose is much lower then swiy took. A gram is far to much, also it would be a good idea to know for sure what's in swims drugs. If you don't know for sure what you have, swallowing a whole gram of powder/crystals could be very dangerous.
Old 23-11-2008, 22:29

Male
Wierd Logic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Monkey knows several people who have done this all of whom got very very mashed indeed. Although they were all fine I'd assume that its bringing their bodies pretty close to the most it can handle...
Old 24-11-2008, 01:48
Gold Member

Male from United States
Samadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPACSamadhi must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,704, Level: 6 Points: 1,704, Level: 6 Points: 1,704, Level: 6

ah hypertensive crisis... I can smell it.

please be aware that this chemical is a stimulant with a methamphetamine skeleton. A normal dose is better than larger doses because the stimulant effects will get harsher the higher the dose goes.

Glad swiy is okay though.

Good addition.
Old 25-11-2008, 20:53

Male from United States
Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.
Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4

1.5-2 mg/kg is a typical dose of MDMA. This was indeed a very imprudent decision.
Old 25-11-2008, 21:06

Male from Earth
KomodoMK is captain of the psychonauts.KomodoMK is captain of the psychonauts.KomodoMK is captain of the psychonauts.

Ideal dose (sweet spot) is reported to be 110-125mg for most. Little fishy likes more for the initial dose and maybe one top up dose later on. However, years ago little fishy didn't know what he knows now and has probably easily dosed over 1.5g in an 8 hour period if not more with little to no problems.

All I would say, is if you have only just started to use the substance, drop the dose significantly and only use 2-3 times a year. When that magic goes (and it seems it does for everyone eventually) it will be a very sad time indeed. And most never seem to get it back regardless of how long they abstain.

If any chemical should be treated with the up most respect - this one is it!
Old 27-11-2008, 08:16

Male from United States
Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.Cryptic Concoction must live here.
Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4 Points: 938, Level: 4

With one gram of MDMA, assuming that no tolerance is in effect, I would speculate that the majority of people will have already reached the peak of their dose response curve (for desired effects) prior to one gram. This, of course, assumes that the desired effects are euphoria, empathy, and other positive subjective mood alterations.

Thus, using a gram of MDMA would serve to drastically increase the adverse side effects of MDMA, including, but not limited to, tachycardia, increased blood pressure, dehydration, muscular tension, and hyperthermia.

Once one reaches the peak of his or her dose reponse curve, increasing the dosage simply will not significantly increase the desired effects.

SWIY should take great solace in knowing that he survived his venture, especially considering his large dose was combined with alcohol. While there appears to be conflicting claims regarding the therapeutic index of MDMA, the risks associated with hyperthermia and dehydration significantly increase as dose mounts.

Of course, doses can vary dramatically from person to person...

While I would not state that 1g would be necessarily toxic, it does seem likely that it would significantly increase the adverse side effects associated with MDMA and amplify the potential dangers.

I may be wrong, but this seems like a dangerous dose, especially given that the actual composition of the drug purported to be MDMA was not known...

Good info

Last edited by Cryptic Concoction; 27-11-2008 at 11:21.
Old 16-12-2008, 20:59

Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean_123 View Post
i wouldnt listen to other people on this thread
250mg (1/4g) is a great start to the night
SWIM regulary do this with top ups of the same size throughout the night
my monkeys friends first time and he dropped 3 1/4g bombs
every1s different but SWIM fink SWHIY should just drop a 1/4 tbh
Thats a pretty dangerous statement to make about dosages, 250mg is a very heavy dosage only really required for very large or insensative persons. and 750mg is a toxic dosage of MDMA that will cause some harm to ones body. Not to say people havent done it in the past, SWIF being a culprit himself but it's certainly not a clever idea as a regular dose.

A much better idea would be between 80-150mg depending on sensitivity, most people find a sweet spot with MDMA around 120mg.
Old 16-12-2008, 21:58

Quote:
I wasnt advisng to do 1/4g str8 off like SWIM the qeuestion was is 250mg a safe dose and i feel it is im sorry if you dont agree
I dont want to cause an argument but i would like to correct you on 750mg being a fatal dose as a more acurate LD50 is nearer to 3g. Also as person of a younger generation i sometimes feel that people do not liek taking my infomation seriously. After extensive research i was even pefectly ok with my female monkey friend to take 1/4g bomb even tho mdma is much more potent in females.
However i will agree with the other 2 posts that a smaller dose is probably safer if u have never tried mdma before as u do not know the potency of the chemicals in ur area and also do not know exactly how ur body may react.

its always good to be carefull. But if ur interested 750mg is a very good dose to take throughout 3-5hours. Great buzz iv bin told
Toxic as in causes harm to the body not lethal, most users would agree that a dosage of anything above 200 is too strong, and that dosages taken beyond this point usually only prolong the amphetamine speedy type effects rather than the loved up serotonin/oxytocin feelings that most associate with the posative side of MDMA.

I cant come to any sort of agreement that 750mg is a good dosage, in any sense, for anyone of any size.

You talk of extensive research which im not aware of what your referring to? Also i havnt seen any evidence supporting the fact that females are affected more by MDMA than males except for the stereotypical lower weight. Making it through the night and having a good time doesnt mean that no oxidative damage has occured. THe odd use at this level may go unoticed but it wouldnt be wise to repeat this kind of heavy use.

Im not trying to argue im just aware that people may read the information and see it as accurate which i feel it isnt. And i feel it's inaccuracy may lead to harm.
Old 16-12-2008, 21:59

Male from Earth

Quote:
I dont want to cause an argument but i would like to correct you on 750mg being a fatal dose as a more acurate LD50 is nearer to 3g.
He never said it was a fatal dose... he said it was a toxic dose. Toxic isn't synonymous with death. Telling people to ignore other posters in this thread and to use a heavy dose of 250mg or more just because that works for SWIY is just rude and downright dangerous. The aim of this forum is harm reduction.
Old 19-12-2008, 13:54
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Lettish is captain of the psychonauts.Lettish is captain of the psychonauts.Lettish is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4 Points: 669, Level: 4
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Safe amount of MDMA per dose?

100-125mg is good for a first dose. However, Swim has once already been highly dosed on MDMA and decided to mix 400mg of MDMA crystals into yoghurt and eaten it. My Swim says it was nice. Swim regretably got completely fucked.
Old 19-12-2008, 14:45

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyActuallyLoads View Post
Without meaning to sound patronising, i feel what has been said in this thread is a little bit ridiculous. My slug takes much higher doses than 125mg, and from what he's told me a 1/4g (250mg) bomb/dose is about sufficient to start a night. Obviously it may not be for everyone because some people may not like such an intense rush but 125mg (taking into account purity etc.) wouldn't quite cut it for sluggy.

DickyActuallyLoads added 2 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

What an awfully obscure concuction.
Some people don't seem to be following what is said... no-one is saying that 250mg or even 500mg is wrong, all we are trying to do is prevent those who have no experience or tolerance or who are completely new to the drug jumping in at the deep end. By all means share your experiences with high dosages, but it's good practice to add a warning to your posts for anyone who may not be as knowledgeable or as used to the substance as yourself. In this case the 'sweet spot' with MDMA for the average user happens to be 110-125mg. Suggesting high dosages in the same manner in the Heroin forum could easily result in a fatality, luckily in the case of MDMA it's most likely to lead to anxiety and/or panic attacks which will pass with time.

The purpose of this forum is harm reduction, always good to bear that in mind when you post.

Good post.
Old 19-12-2008, 15:12

KomodoMK pretty much sums it up with the above statement, and of course purity, environment and weight all play an integral role in the whole experience anyway so doses seen on a forum should be taken with a pinch of salt anyway.

There is also more evidence to suggest higher heavier dosing results in more toxic effects (oxidising effects) in the brain.
Old 23-12-2008, 00:44

23 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

I would like to point out the potential danger of serotonin syndrome. I strongly discourage SWIY from taking such a high dosage!

This life threatening condition, which usually results in death when fully developed, is known to be most likely to be caused by multiple triggers that release high levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin. Because it's doubtful that SWIY will be taking pure MDMA, one gram may prove to be lethal, should it be any combination of MDMA and other amphetamines.

Please, tell SWIY to carefully consider the potential consequences before taking a whole gram.

Information in plain English may be found on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_syndrome
Which has sources listed from medical studies and journals.

Good to point out
Old 23-12-2008, 09:10
Micklemouse Micklemouse is nu online
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,209, Level: 11 Points: 6,209, Level: 11 Points: 6,209, Level: 11
Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6%

We're agreed that taking a whole gram is a bad idea then? Cool. Topic closed.

Edit: A Little More Explanation. This forum is primarily about harm reduction, not the relative merits of taking heroic doses of hardcore stimulants. It is widely accepted that large doses of MDMA can result in highly uncomfortable & potentially dangerous situations. Serotonin syndrome has been mentioned, as has hypertensive crisis. Hyperthermia is an increased risk, as is increased water intake leading to hyponatraemia (water intoxication, well covered in various places on this forum). Also mentioned has been disinhibition & loss of control, which while possibly amusing can lead to sketchy scrapes, & also mask more serious complications (see above).

As such I can see no debate about this topic. Taking a gram of MDMA is not a good idea.

Last edited by Micklemouse; 27-12-2008 at 20:28.
Old 27-12-2008, 21:47
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute

After merging with a similar thread & reconsideration this is temporarily reopened, for the addition of harm reduction information.

Dick sizing will not be tolerated, neither will the posting of harmful or otherwise potentially dangerous advice or opinions. Please research your replies & provide backup where possible. Remember that while it may not have killed your monkey, it doesn't make it safe.

By the by, this does not mean you have won (you know who you are!).
Old 29-12-2008, 09:52
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMDMAndBass View Post
SWIM usually does 0.25g bombs, SWIM sometimes does 1g-1.5g in one night, is that alot? :$
Yup, that's alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA View Post
  • Oral MDMA Dosages
  • Threshold 30 mg
  • Common for small or sensitive people 50 - 75 mg
  • Common for most people 75 - 125 mg
  • Common for large or unsensitive people 125 - 175 mg
  • Required by few (side effects increase) 200 + mg
  • Onset : 20 - 70 minutes (depending on form and stomach contents)
  • Duration : 3 - 5 hours
  • Normal After Effects : up to 24 hours
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43208

Originally from Erowid.

I would say that if more than the above is needed it is time to a) find a new supplier as the product is cak, b) take a break as tolerance has built, c) both of the above.
Old 29-12-2008, 18:21
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
SWIH is an unknown quantity at this point

jeeesus isn't it about time we all agreed to disagree on this one? i can accept there could be toxicity implications in taking a 1/4g of MDMA at a time (and of course there's tonnes of scientific research to back this assertion) (sarcasm filter), and it - of course - isn't advisable as a starter dose.... but swim can tell you hand on heart the gear he gets ain't shit by any means and he'd bet his last penny its some of the best available to be honest... and he prefers to to a g over the course of a session, with 1/4 as the kick off dose and it's fucking ace. and i don't think swim's particularly tolerant to the substance cos he leaves a sensible gap between sessions, and he ain't a big bloke by any means... its just a *different buzz*. OK spending ten hours gibbering and jittering and virtually incoherent isn't everyone's cuppa tea, and probably isn't recommendable to your average normal human being - each to SWIhis own eh.
Old 29-12-2008, 18:32
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom

No, we cannot agree to disagree. Heroic doses are neither wise nor safe, even with tolerance &/or experience. Hyperthermia, jitters, incoherence are all signs of overdose. It is good that a large gap is left between experiences - I commend your guinea pig for that. However the fact remains that he is overdosing when he does take MDMA, & he has been lucky not to damage himself so far.

I would like to see some research from you SWIH to back up the assertion that large doses of MDMA pose no risk to the average user, either short medium or long term. We are not just talking about toxicity here - we are talking about hyperthermia, dehydration, lack of coordination leading to injury, the list goes on.

This thread is coming close to closing again.

Share this on:

Tags
ecstasy, mdma dosage, mdma dosing