Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United States
Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
difference on brand/generic 8mg Dilaudid(Hydromorphone) IV prep

SWIM is an avid opiate user, loves em, deals with the comedown and never goes crackhead status for MORRE...>MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /IV ahhhh SWIM calm SWIM cal lol JOKE!

but ya SWIM mostly has had these generics with a slash on one side to break into 2 and had IVed them many times and they have worked wonder, dissolved well and taken well with very very gooooood results but now SWIMs friend has the brand name triangle M 8 Dilaudid(Hydromorphone) and tried his usual method of cruising em as good as possible, placing oit in a spoon and aadding water and mixing the concoction.

he then added his syringe and cotton q tip ball and sucked up the solution, oddly like when he has IVed adderall IR 20mg(IV dose irrelevant) the brand name hydros seem to develop a powdery clayish guck around the cotton and when sucked up barely any came up and this was 2 and a half ie 20mg of hydromophone and about 5cc was added at first and then when SWIM noticed this he added a little more for a second go at trying to do it right.

SWIM got his groove on and felt it no doubt but not even close to what it should have been. TRUST SWIM this is not tolerance at play or anything like that but SWIM believes the brand name 8mg triangles/shields are not really meant to be crushed and IVed(ya ya most pills i know) but SWIM has had the generic brand which is a circle with i believe 2 on top of 3 numbers on the back with a single line for breaking into halves on the other side. SWIM has heard that these were used in medical institutes or w/e for emergencies when the liquid solution was not believable and oddly in the batch that SWIM received 1 was that generic.

After SWIM tried to IV the 2 name branded triangles SWIM did 40mg of adderall and crushed and sucked up the circle generic hydromophone and it worked tremendously 1 compared to 2 1/2 triangles was a better experience lol. so SWIM believes the make up of the brands are different and in SWIMs opinion should not be IVed at all or filtered somehow before being done.

next time SWIM has one of the round generic tablets of the 8mg hydromorphone or does a little research he will post the pharmaceutical company and all the info because SWIM highly suggests JUST SWALLOW/SNORT when it comes to the brand name M 8 8mg hydromorphone!!!

UPDATE: SWIM just crushed 1 1/2 of the mallinkrodt M8 8mg Dilaudid(hydromorphone) and it worked a lot better and the liquid was totally clear compared to the usual mild cloudiness with any kind IVed, very weird thing is SWIM knows how IV pills are dangerous but when it comes to doing things the IV route but any time SWIM has shot hydromorphone(8mg pills) he has never had ANY negative symptoms or anything negative like a burn or w/e. SWIM has IVed 8mg hydromorphone pills many many times and never seen negative effects even his favorite vein is still in perfect shape and nothing bad has happened in months. but also SWIM doesnt do it daily or weekly either

Last edited by Donmeka; 11-08-2008 at 07:37.
Old 11-08-2010, 20:21

29 y/o Male from United States
websterr1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: difference on brand/generic 8mg Dilaudid(Hydromorphone) IV prep

just got 150 m8 dilaudids from walgreens and crushed three and added water to i.v. and they did have a small amount of filler left but the liquid i pulled up was relatively clear and had a nice rush and mellow high. unlike other brands that you can actually crus to a fine powder ,pour into the back of a syringe and add water and "cold shake" them which i dont reccommend but ive seen it done. so in the end id prefer a different manufacture and will fill at a different pharmacy in the future.
Old 17-09-2010, 09:01
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
TheyCallMeRiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Any time I've seen dilaudid crushed and diluted with water, it always came out crystal clear as mentioned in the OP. I've never seen any other tablet dissolve so well honestly.

Unfortunately, I cannot say whether or not they were name brand or generic, although either way the experience was rather pleasant.
Old 18-09-2010, 05:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7 Points: 2,400, Level: 7
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

swim finds the Mallinckrodt hydromorphone 4's were easy to shoot up, he's only has one other kind, and it was years ago when he wasn't shooting up, they were orange ones that just said 2 on it. also the mallenckrodt oxycodone ir pills cook up nicely.

osnappo added 7 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by websterr1985 View Post
j. unlike other brands that you can actually crus to a fine powder ,pour into the back of a syringe and add water and "cold shake" them which i dont reccommend but ive seen it done. so in the end id prefer a different manufacture and will fill at a different pharmacy in the future.
people heat iv solutions to kill bacteria (mainly some heroin must be heated with citric acid to dissolve). some pills work better for iv if they are drawn up cold through a cotton cold, then can be put back in a new spoon, heated, and drawn up into a new syringe. shooting pills is not good in the first place, they have all sorts of fillers, dyes, ect, and some will be filtered out through the cotton.

Last edited by coolhandluke; 18-09-2010 at 05:54. Reason: mis understood the op
Old 12-09-2013, 15:58

22 y/o Male from United States
Tydeko is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

It is not necessary to"cook" any brand of hydromorphone. Some brands just dissolve better than others. When it comes to doing a cold shake however, be careful which beans are being used with this . Like many have stated, certain brands seem like they were made for IV use, but some so contain a different filler. My dearest Kirako has been able to decide how she prepares her injection based on what brand of Hydromorphone is received. kirako sometimes will prepare half of a pill at a time, basically using 30 - 40 units for the first two halves. If she was Preparing say, two pills, the 60-80 units pulled up from the first pill is then used for the second. Seemingly concentrating the dosage, creating a stronger shot.
Old 17-09-2013, 08:22
Silver Member

Female from United States
Pain-pal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1

Hello. My PM doc just recently switched me to 8mg dilaudid. The generics that I received are by Lannett. They're round & white and on one side it's scored with LCI above the score and 1355 below the score and the other side is blank. When I prepare them for IV there is quite a bit of residue left (chalky binders etc.). I filter it well so that I have a clear solution, but it is a bit cumbersome with all the fillers & stuff. So I want to try a different manufacturer next month but I'm not sure how to do this. I know I can fill them at a different pharmacy & hope for the best, but is there a way to find out which manufacturers product I'm going to receive before the pharmacy fills it? Can I call ahead of time & ask? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old 23-09-2013, 13:34
Silver Member

Female from United States
Pain-pal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1

Hello. I'm bumping this to see if I can possibly get some responses/answers. Thanks.
Old 24-09-2013, 19:46

Male from United States
spiritsage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

I have also found the white Mallinckrodt break down cleaner than the yellow ones I believe are made by Perdue...less residue. I don't IV them, but have plugged and put them up my nose with a bit of liquid. I was very surprised that the nose was noticeably better than plugging, obviously both are superior to just popping the pills. Anyone know reliable bioavailability numbers?

Share this on:

Tags
dilaudid, iv preparation, snorting drugs

» New Threads
mermaid & flounder
Last post by therareone
5 Replies, 281 Views
N-MOB-5-APB (aka 5-APB-NBOMe)...
Last post by uncle_bud
6 Replies, 340 Views
Preparing for w/d, please help me...
Last post by Ppopper