Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Tobacco
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-08-2008, 22:27

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Jonny8888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Spotting counterfeit tobacco

Recently i visited spain and purchased 10x50g pouches of tobacco, worked out at about £4.50 per pack. I have been reading a lot about counterfeit tobacco and am worried the tobacco i have been purchased is fake. Im not sure i can notice any difference in the taste or consistency to tobacco i have purhcased here. I have been googleing sites to try and find some sort of websites for spotting fake rolling tobacco but am having difficulty.

Can anyone advise me on what to look for or websites that can tell me?

Would be allowed to upload images of the tobacco pouches so other members can tell me what they think?
Old 05-08-2008, 02:06
Banned

58 y/o Male
old hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Spotting counterfeit tobacco

The news probably was talking about bootlegged tobacco, tobacco smuggled into a country without paying the proper excise taxes.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:12
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,100, Level: 21 Points: 21,100, Level: 21 Points: 21,100, Level: 21
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny8888 View Post
Recently i visited spain and purchased 10x50g pouches of tobacco, worked out at about £4.50 per pack. I have been reading a lot about counterfeit tobacco and am worried the tobacco i have been purchased is fake. Im not sure i can notice any difference in the taste or consistency to tobacco i have purhcased here.
If by counterfeit you mean that it is not real tobacco and some other chopped up organic matter, then it should be quite clear if it is tobacco or not by smoking it. Of course, smoking strange and/or random plants is a dangerous activity, so please be careful.

What old hippie said is dead on, the duty may have not been paid on the tobacco, or it may be of lower quality.

Quote:
Would be allowed to upload images of the tobacco pouches so other members can tell me what they think?
If tobacco is legal, and you are of age, then this would be allowed.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
Aar0n is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny8888 View Post
Recently i visited spain and purchased 10x50g pouches of tobacco, worked out at about £4.50 per pack. I have been reading a lot about counterfeit tobacco and am worried the tobacco i have been purchased is fake. Im not sure i can notice any difference in the taste or consistency to tobacco i have purhcased here. I have been googleing sites to try and find some sort of websites for spotting fake rolling tobacco but am having difficulty.

Can anyone advise me on what to look for or websites that can tell me?

I'm sure it's fine from somewhere like Spain. SWIM buys Spanish Golden Virginia for about half the price of what it is in the shops because it avoids the heavy tax the UK government slap on it.

SWIM has seen "fake" Golden Virginia when his friend bought some back from Egypt. The packaging plastic was much thicker and the printing off colour and generally shoddy. It was quite clear it was some knockoff cheapo stuff. SWIM didn't hear what it tasted like but imagined it was pretty rough.

Share this on:

Tags
austin, china, cigarette, portugal, pot, tobacco, virginia