Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Old 15-03-2005, 03:33
Palladium Member

Male from United States
bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Can a scorpion get someone high???

Is this true? Do people really get high from scorpion stings. If so what kind of scorpion?

scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=464562004
Old 20-03-2005, 00:43
Palladium Member

Male from United States
bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.
<HR noShade SIZE=1>

Skip to comments.

New drugs craze has a scorpion sting in the tail
Scotland On Sunday ^| 25 Apr 2004 | SHAIKH AZIZUR RAHMAN IN BOMBAY

Posted on 04/25/2004 2:46:24 AM PDT by aculeus

SCORPIONS rank along with spiders, snakes and crocodiles as a major phobia, but for some wealthy Indians their venom has become the source of a legal high.

Rich youths from India’s western states of Gujarat and Maharastra are risking a fatal allergic reaction from the arachnids’ sting for the high it gives them.

Men from Gujarat’s nomadic Rabari tribe are offering clients the chance to get their hands or feet stung by scorpions carried in small boxes.

According to police, the dealers run their businesses on the Delhi to Bombay highway, operating from a clandestine base in the Gujarat city of Bharuch.

The enzymes and toxins in scorpion venom are used by the arachnid to paralyse its prey and digest its food.

Although most scorpions are poisonous, their venom is not life-threatening for humans. Only about 20 out of more than 1,000 known species of scorpions are dangerous for human beings.

After the arachnid is set free on a hand or foot of the client - who pays 75 to 125 rupees (90p to £1.50) for a single ‘shot’ - the dealer hits the scorpion’s back gently with a metal stick to irritate or frighten it, causing it to use its sting.

The momentary pain of a sting gives way to an illusionary floating feeling that lasts six to eight hours. Most of the scorpion sting addicts are young urban people and truck drivers on the highways.

Hitchhiking mostly on highway trucks between Ahmedabad and Vasai, a northern suburb of Mumbai, the Rabari sting sellers cater to a wide clientele stretched across Gujarat and Maharastra.

A sting seller known only as Nathu said to the police: "Some are afraid of scorpion stings. I tell them, ‘You won’t die. You should at least try it once, it’s a lifetime experience. It gives a wonderful kick.’ Once a man takes it, he will become an addict and he will have to return to us again."

Sometimes new clients writhe and groan in pain for some minutes immediately after taking the sting, attracting the attention of curious onlookers including police.

Highway restaurant owners said that many young executives from nearby cities and university students were among the clientele of the sting sellers.

One police officer in the city of Bharuch said: "Because of our successful drives against the sellers and addicts of alcohol, opium, cough syrup and heroin in urban areas, young people are flocking on the highways to try the new craze of scorpion stings."

Swimpasted the article here so no one has to use the link. Is this true or just a myth?<BR clear=all>
Old 28-03-2005, 20:32

29 y/o Male
BeetleJuice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
thats Fu$ked up
Old 28-03-2005, 21:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

dgetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
do you know the type of venom the scorpions use?
Old 29-03-2005, 17:03

jrock0069 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2
I have been personally stung by a scorpion before and I can assure you that itabsolutely doesNOT get you high. When I was a kid, (about 9) I accidently stepped on one with bare feet and it stung me three times. The second I felt that sting, I knew I had just fucked up big time. It hurt like hell and I remember the experience very vividly. I can still remember most of the experience and I'm positive I wasn't high. I don't know if they have some sort of magic scorpion juice in India but, we sure as hell don't in the US. If anybody wants to try it, then I would suggest not doing it on your foot, that shit will swell up for a couple of days. I'm sure it will swell up no matter where you do itso, unless your a person who really likes pain with no reward then, I highly advise you not to try it.
Old 04-05-2005, 15:59
Silver Member

Male
bubaloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2
someone i used to work with at burger king, who was from pakistan told me "in my home country, people leave dead scorpions to dry in the sun, then crush them and smoke them". im not sure if it is true, but he said it was something like opiates.
Old 04-05-2005, 16:36
Gold Member

Male from United States
wednesday is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2 Points: 314, Level: 2
well there is probably a certain scorpion they are using anyway plus were you there when you were stung by a scorpion?
i mean you can't say that there is no way this is true 1000 species...no way you can say this unless you have been stung 1000 times
Paul
Old 03-07-2005, 08:28

MescalinePirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday
plus were you there when you were stung by a scorpion?
Eh?

Old 04-07-2005, 19:12
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8
Sounds as crazy as licking the backs of Peruvian toads and ingesting Guatamalan peppers.
Old 09-07-2005, 18:41

Male
OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.OiledMandible probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 479, Level: 3 Points: 479, Level: 3 Points: 479, Level: 3
Fuck that. I dont need to have an evil looking little monster
sting me to get high. I've been stung once...swelled up the size
of a half dollar coin and hurt like bloody hell.
Old 13-07-2005, 11:41
Banned

Softrat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2
The story may be true, but that stuff about becoming addicted from one sting is highly highly highly unlikely to say the least.
Old 27-11-2005, 15:05
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Japan
Benga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,538, Level: 12 Points: 7,538, Level: 12 Points: 7,538, Level: 12

there are few reports of dried scorpions being crushed and smoked in Afghanistan and Pakistan, especially in the Peshawar area.

http://www.pcpafg.org/Organizations/...munitydrug.htm

apparently they're sometimes used as a cannabis alternative
Old 28-11-2005, 17:04
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8
There are many psychoactive venoms from animals and invertebrates, and
there are no doubt some venoms from scorpions which are psychoactive.
Additionally, some snake venoms are psychoactive, along with many
species of oneirogenic fish, frog and toad venoms. Seems to me that
there was a list of psychoactive animals somewhere - maybe in Trout's
Notes ?

SWIM remembers getting nailed by an unusual species of pet snake once
and finding the effect very hallucinogenic. SWIM won't mention the
species so as not to have anyone do anything stupid, but it was certainly
not a weak placebo effect.
Many of the psychoactive components of venoms are short chains of
amino acids (peptides) or small proteins, making synthesis and extraction
difficult, not to mention perishable.

Snapper
Old 28-11-2005, 19:48
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Does anyone here have Trout's notes that contain this list? What snakes are you talking about? Could you PM swim the species for information porpuses not anything stupid? Swim read on in the nook Nan snorting Cobra venom but does not believe this.

swim knows all bufo toads a psychoactive

p. bicolor and E. tricolor skin secreations have painkilling uses in frogs

invertibrates sw\wim knows is Bamboo worms which are also very deadly if heads are not removed.

Thenorfolk dream fish is halucinigentic

Are there others?

Swim also remembers in Niemoller's catalogue several years ago some kind of scorpion does anyone else remember this?

So is it the stinging of the scorpion or the smoking of that gets one high?
Old 29-11-2005, 00:10
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Now we will see kids trying to get scorpions in mayonnaise jars to sting their dick's to get high. Perhaps I'll start the rumor...

There was an interesting account from a reporter for the National Geographic Magazine back in the late 1950's about eating the Dream Fish (Kyphosus Fuscus)while visiting Norfolk Island. Something about dreaming about a party where all the guests were naked, and there was a band playing "Yes we have no pajamas."Edited by: nagognog2

Last edited by Nagognog2; 24-01-2006 at 04:46.
Old 24-01-2006, 03:47

Male
Diethyl should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Does anyone know the particular species of scorpion and if the active compounds have been isolated?
Old 24-01-2006, 12:53

Male from Japan
Benga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond repute
Apparently the species is indigenous to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.

Here is a list of pakistani scorpion species as a start.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eycb/scorpions/AIPakistan.htm

there's a little list of psychoactive animals here, I don't know if this is what you were referring to

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/var004.htm

a report of scorpion use in Peshawar

http://www.pcpafg.org/Organizations/...munitydrug.htm
Old 24-01-2006, 20:14

71 y/o Female from Iceland
DrugPhreak probably knows what they are talking about.DrugPhreak probably knows what they are talking about.DrugPhreak probably knows what they are talking about.DrugPhreak probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,028, Level: 4 Points: 1,028, Level: 4 Points: 1,028, Level: 4
The molecular structures of scorpion venom is pretty much the same for all species... all being tertiary proteins with disulphide bonding. Even if they did contain a psychoactive substance smoking it wouldn't work as this breaks down proteins rapidly. I know of a person that got stung by the deadliest scorpion in the US and they where on I.V. for almost two days. The best thing about that experience was them being prescribed heavy duty pain killers. I would assume that any psychoactive effects, which come after a scorpion bite are being produced by the body.
Old 25-01-2006, 00:18

Male from Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugPhreak
The molecular structures of scorpion venom is pretty much the same for all species... all being tertiary proteins with disulphide bonding. Even if they did contain a psychoactive substance smoking it wouldn't work as this breaks down proteins rapidly. I know of a person that got stung by the deadliest scorpion in the US and they where on I.V. for almost two days. The best thing about that experience was them being prescribed heavy duty pain killers. I would assume that any psychoactive effects, which come after a scorpion bite are being produced by the body.
there are many reports of it being done in Afghanistan and Pakistan ( notably by "serious" drugwatch organisations) and northwest india, and I saw pictures of scorpion smoking. The entire body of the animal is dried, pulverised, and smoked mixed with tobacco.
This is apparently often done by opiates addicts.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:42

Male
JewishNazi is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman1
Is this true? Do people really get high from scorpion stings. If so what kind of scorpion?
Generally, you just die
Old 01-02-2006, 12:41
Palladium Member

Male from United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishNazi
Generally, you just die
Not all are scorpions are deadly although it may not bring pleasure but pain as reported above, Benga is on the right track. It really depends on the scorpion. Swim has seen and read reports of both being stung to achieve effects and smoking the dried scorpion itself and it does seem to be used ,according to some articles, mainly be opiate addicts
Old 16-02-2006, 05:05

28 y/o Male
hazeinmybong2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1
I read about a frat party where they were swallowing live gold fish, one poor bastard swallowed that dream fish and it excreated venom in his stomach until it died. Meanwhile this guy is goin insane, they take him to the hospital and do what ever hospitals do to people on a bad trip. I think it is a dmt type venom?
Old 16-02-2006, 05:06

28 y/o Male
hazeinmybong2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1
Any aussies here been stung by a platypus? haha I recently found out they have venomous due claws that have some sort of peptide that is very painful.
Old 22-02-2006, 08:54
Silver Member

Male
napoleon in rags is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
the only poisonious animal SWIM will touch (squeeze) is a genuine Bufo Alvarus toad (aka Colorado River Toad and Soronan Desert Toad)

Share this on:

Tags
hallucinogen, hallucinogenic, heroin, legal high, psychoactive