Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-07-2008, 11:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male from Afghanistan
Birkill is an unknown quantity at this point
no citric

swim has lost his vit c and was wondering if using jiff lemon is that bad or should he carry on lookin for his vit c???

Birkill added 540 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Not exactly buzzing this forum is it, anyway found me vit c in the end but ran now!

Post Quality Evaluations:
pointless double post on the activity of forum

Last edited by Birkill; 27-07-2008 at 11:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27-07-2008, 23:49
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from England
chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.
Points: 950, Level: 4 Points: 950, Level: 4 Points: 950, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
Re: no citric

Even though SWIY found his vit. c, I think the question should be answered in case someone else searches for it...

The word is, that lemon juice contains a fungus which can build up in the heart and eyes, i.e. should NOT be used as an alternative to vit. c or citric.
Old 28-07-2008, 13:35
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,488, Level: 5 Points: 1,488, Level: 5 Points: 1,488, Level: 5
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I wholeheartedly agree with Chinpokomaster, lemon juice should not be used even as a last resort. At the start of my fiends IV drug use he casually used lemon all the time and thinks back on those days with horror. He was lucky that he didn't have too many problems with it but that could easily have been different, the thing that made him stop using lemon was the second worst dirty hit he ever had (come to think of it the first may well have been from an injection that involved lemon). During that time when he thought he was going to die from an exploded head he swore never to use lemon ever again under any circumstances and at that time there was no local exchange. Luckily though, his drug use was not regular and an exchange did open up soon after where he could get citric.
Old 28-07-2008, 13:39
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I hear koolaid can be used,im assuming there health dangrs hear also. anyone know what they are?
Old 28-07-2008, 13:59
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
I hear koolaid can be used,im assuming there health dangrs hear also. anyone know what they are?
Are you serious? Koolaid isn't exactly something we get in the UK so i have never heard of it being used and i have never heard of any soft drink being used. I imagine anything with enough citric or ascorbic acid in it could do the job but i would stick with sterile sachets or even citric made for cooking.
Old 28-07-2008, 15:09
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12

DONT TRY THIS:Yes,i assume it has citric or something in it,i hear you just add a small amount of powdered koolaid(the kind you have tpo add suger too) then water and your all set.

I also hear that you can taste the koolaid in the back of your throat. Now this info came from someone with a abcess hole in there stomache from shooting up with puddle water so i have second thoughts on the saftey of this just a little bit..
Yup grandma knows some strange people..
Old 28-07-2008, 15:57
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

Ahh, Koolaid is a powdered drink, i see. I had heard of Koolaid before but i just assumed it was a soft drink of some kind, i didn't realise it came in powdered form. Yea, definitely not a good idea to use it as an acid for injecting.
Old 31-07-2008, 22:29

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
china cat is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2

if swiy is stuck then you can use vinegar.....not particularly pleasant but can get swiy out of a tight spot.......swim has found that the clear stuff works much better than the brown.
Old 17-08-2008, 04:39

29 y/o Male from Afghanistan
Birkill is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea swim hear that to its white vinegar init, would normal shit work aswell???
Old 17-08-2008, 23:06
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from England
chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.chinpokomaster really adds to the discussion.

To my understanding, white vinegar is made chemically and malt vinegar is made from malt, hence the discolouration. White vinegar is likely to consist of nothing other than acetic acid whereas the other stuff will have natural contaminants from the production process (like why Whiskey is brown and Vodka is clear).

Based on that, the choice is SWIY's, but SWIM would stear clear of the malt stuff.
Old 18-08-2008, 01:36

Male
nick23 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1

I've used jiff lemons when I've been desperate and it works ok.

Don't use fresh lemons,they can cause abscesses and bad hits.
Old 18-08-2008, 18:01
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

Don't use Jiff Lemon or any other lemon juice EVER, and the same probably goes for vinegar. I would avoid both, definitely avoiding lemon juice at all costs and my fiend said he would simply not use anything other than citric or ascorbic acid sachets but he thinks cooking citric would be acceptable.

From what i have read, lemon juice and vinegar carry the same risks of fungal infection in the eyes and even the heart, both of which are very serious. I imagine this would probably only happen if these things are used on a regular basis, never the less my fiend has vowed never to use lemon juice ever again, not even once and i suppose he won't use vinegar either.
Old 18-08-2008, 21:23

Male
nick23 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solinari View Post
Don't use Jiff Lemon or any other lemon juice EVER, and the same probably goes for vinegar. I would avoid both, definitely avoiding lemon juice at all costs and my fiend said he would simply not use anything other than citric or ascorbic acid sachets but he thinks cooking citric would be acceptable.

From what i have read, lemon juice and vinegar carry the same risks of fungal infection in the eyes and even the heart, both of which are very serious. I imagine this would probably only happen if these things are used on a regular basis, never the less my fiend has vowed never to use lemon juice ever again, not even once and i suppose he won't use vinegar either.
Priceless,I'd be far more worried about the preservatives and other assorted chemicals in jiff lemons than fungal infection.
Obviously sachets of citric or ascorbic acid is preferable,but sometimes one has to make do.
Old 22-08-2008, 22:17
Banned

Male
MotherSuperior is on the way upMotherSuperior is on the way upMotherSuperior is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick23 View Post
Priceless,I'd be far more worried about the preservatives and other assorted chemicals in jiff lemons than fungal infection.
Obviously sachets of citric or ascorbic acid is preferable,but sometimes one has to make do.
I would'nt.

In case it's not been mentioned that, er, 'fungal infection' can cause endocarditis which can easily kill or if your lucky put you in hospital. The fungus that causes this condition is pretty common in lemons apparently.

If one is worried about preservatives and assorted chemicals in a jiff... well SWIM thinks SWIY may not want to know about the chit that brown is bashed out with. Unless it's real bad, it won't be good for you but not nearly as bad as endocarditis.

SWIM has of course used a jiff, it didnt do the job that well anyway. SWIM used vinegar, that was much better. Of course SWIM wonders about acetic acid as of course dark is acetic anydihyde(sp.) + morphine = acetyl morphine(H... acetylated on 3rd and 6th position AFAIK so it goes straight through BBB). So maybe acetic acid and brown(base, Hno.3, brown H, etc) would be the best possible combination as it would acelate any morphine not done in the manufactering process? or would it? SWIM just knows it would smell funny.
Old 23-08-2008, 18:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
Dissociative is an unknown quantity at this point

Really it isn't necessary to use anything more then water all the time, if you are limited at some point. And just because swiy has used something before and was 'alright' from it doesn't mean it is worth anything. Swim has used mountain dew and was fine. but he still wouldn't recommend that.
Old 23-08-2008, 20:13
Banned

Male
MotherSuperior is on the way upMotherSuperior is on the way upMotherSuperior is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissociative View Post
Really it isn't necessary to use anything more then water all the time, if you are limited at some point. And just because swiy has used something before and was 'alright' from it doesn't mean it is worth anything. Swim has used mountain dew and was fine. but he still wouldn't recommend that.
SWIop is from UK therefore 99% chance they have Heroin base which will not dissolve into neutral water.

SWIM was thinking that most exchanges give out so much Vit C/Citric nowadays that SWIM is often out of works before acid... actually TBH more often out of gear.

It's amazing what SWIeveryone will do when were clucking and need a hit... SWIM has done some pretty crazy stupid things... if SWIM had no choice and needed a hit, SWIM would use whatever SWIM needed to do the job and worry about it later. Most people SWIM knows would be the same truth told. It's strange how much more ill one gets when already real sick and being held up by 'small details' like clean water, clean works, clean spoon, clean filters and so on.... thats why SWIM nowadays ALWAYS has several hit packs made up when SWIM's good so when SWIMs bad SWIM can just grab it and get on with it... even take out with SWIM. Yep, those dirty hits hurt SWIMs head just by thinking about them. Really though SWIM would never judge anyone who did something foolish if they were sick and needed a hit. SWIMs been there as have a lot of others.
Old 24-08-2008, 00:09
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from England

SWIM's exchange didn't give him any Citric or Ascorbic in his pack. Just needles, swabs and a condom

He got some "Citric Acid Monoanhydrate" in a pack from Tesco.

Share this on:

Tags
base heroin, citric acid, drugs, drugs-forum, fentanyl, harm reduction, heroin, heroin #3, heroin base, lemon juice, safer injecting