Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 25-07-2008, 13:22
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.
Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
tips to relieve methadone constipation?

swims on methadone maitaince, and is experiencing awful constipation. he took his first shit in a week today and it was devastatingly painful. swim knows all opiates can cause constipation, but thinks methadone is much worse. does anyone know any ways to help with it? would one go about it the ways one would to help relieve natural constipatiton?
Old 25-07-2008, 13:28
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from Earth
Coconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,840, Level: 7 Points: 2,840, Level: 7 Points: 2,840, Level: 7
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: tips to releive methadone constipation?

This should help SWIY out.
Old 27-07-2008, 15:56

63 y/o Male
kah50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Try Miralax it is an excellent drug for constipation due to methadone. I had the same problem and miralax was the only thing that worked good. Give it a try.
Old 28-07-2008, 18:28

45 y/o Male from Netherlands
Aminator is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1

Given the fact I had a mild form of the runs for most of my life, going on MMT changed that to normal bowel status, i.e. 1x per day (could not be better). Guess I was lucky once.

One thing that might help is simply skipping a dose, or rather delaying it until the onset of WD produces a bowel movement. Depends on what symptoms
the individual starts with, in my case a running nose and hot/cold chills are bearable, if you have heavy joint pains and whatnot before your backdoor wakes up this is not for you.

In any case the doc you get your scripts from (or the clinic you visit) should also be able to help with this side effect too. They'll also be able to tell which meds can be used long-term and which cannot.
Old 28-07-2008, 18:33
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
y0ssarianlives is a decent psychonaut.y0ssarianlives is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 312, Level: 2 Points: 312, Level: 2 Points: 312, Level: 2

SWIM has suffered the same issues as SWIY and knows how much of a pain (literally and figuratively) this issue can be. SWIM has used milk of magnesia, yogurt, and prune juice to help releive constpiation; there are also various OTC stool softeners that can help.

Along with these aforementioned items, make sure SWIY drinks lots of liquids and avoids stuff like candy, junk food, pop, ect.

Do a bit of reading and research; follow the link coconut posted and you should gain a bit of relief.

Peace!
Old 29-07-2008, 03:30
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from United States
Caitlin23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever you do, DO NOT take a bunch of fiber w/o drinking adequate water. SWIM made that mistake once, and has since read several places to use an oral pill stool softener like docusate sodium.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Important advice!
Old 02-08-2008, 17:58
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from Scotland
msmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way up
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin23 View Post
Whatever you do, DO NOT take a bunch of fiber w/o drinking adequate water. SWIM made that mistake once.
lol SWIM is curious to know what happened? SWIM has tried that fibre stuff that is stirred into water and it helped her go but phew!!! It didn't smell to much like peaches and cream if SWIY knows what SWIM means
Old 02-08-2008, 18:31
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from United States
Caitlin23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I was trying not to get too graphic at first, but Swiy asked for it! So here you go. Swim bought some of these new fiber products out there like: fiber bars, fiber that you sprinkle in your food, fiber pills, etc. These are NO good. When you take fiber without water it basically turns your shit to pure concrete and eventually gets stuck in your colon that way. It basically leads to fecal impaction, escpecially when combined with opiate usage. It can be fatal and is definately no fun, trust swim. Swim was just about to go to the hospital, when she finally forced this terrible concrete block out of her system.

Caitlin23 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Oh and the whole, shall I say "process", lasted about 8 hours.

Last edited by Caitlin23; 02-08-2008 at 18:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2008, 16:27
Silver Member

Male from United States
thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.thebige really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5 Points: 1,072, Level: 5

Ok lets not get childish.........Now I was talking to my Shanghai Gal and she told me that low to moderate does of DXM can be benificial in reliveing opiate constipation in some people....your results may vary.Well thebige and Shanghai are not doctors.So you should ask one........by the way Im glad Caitlin23 does not have concrete in her system after a 8 hour full body workout!
Old 01-09-2008, 23:40
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from United Kingdom
piggyinthemiddle is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Some other guy, finds that a few beers of an evening sort him out the following morning. Obviously, if one were dealing with an Alcohol problem at the same time that may not help.

The other thing S.O.G knows is that if one 'makes' oneself go, or at least try to go, every day, it relieves the worst of the symptoms. Not going for a week must be as close as any bloke is ever going to get to giving birth... Speaking from S.O.G's experience...
Old 03-09-2008, 16:44
R.I.P.

Female from United States
moda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medline
Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8

Yeah honestly swim has a split dose so this might not work for others but she finds it easiest to just wait until her morning dose wears off and withdrawals start to set in.. not the most fun or best solution, and not something to do all the time, but hey if you haven't gone in a week lol desperate times call for desperate measures Some of the meds others mention are probably a good option too, but I have no experience with them firsthand. I have heard drinking warm liquids- hot water, tea, etc. can help too.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good advice, thank you
Old 03-09-2008, 21:13
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
Re: tips to relieve methadone constipation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drug-bot View Post
swims on methadone maitaince, and is experiencing awful constipation. he took his first shit in a week today and it was devastatingly painful. swim knows all opiates can cause constipation, but thinks methadone is much worse. does anyone know any ways to help with it? would one go about it the ways one would to help relieve natural constipatiton?
Be careful bot, doing that too often with give you piles. SWIM started bleeding quite a bit whenever he was withdrawing from pushing to hard when on heroin. If it felt that painful on methadone then you must be causing some damage.

Start eating your 5 portions of fruit n veg a day for immune function and dietary fiber, and keep some suppositories handy for next time. You don't want to be taking any kind of laxative too often.
Old 03-09-2008, 23:43
Gold Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medline
Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9

if swimbot lives in the states why not try eating a little"jerky"also a good strong filter coffee seems to help, pay close attention to what you eat what goes in must come out so stay away from dry binder type foods.
Old 04-09-2008, 13:28
Silver Member

32 y/o Male
gezza26 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1

SWIMS's been taking senna tablets everyday since opiate addiction and suboxone treatment and SWIM find they generally do the trick. SWIMS always been a bit prone to the runs though so maybe add a little docusate sodium in there too, to really get things cooking. Also SWIM finds caffiene and magnesium helps a lot too. SWIM prefers senna as it causes the bowels to move quicker, not to add water. SWIM finds chemical softeners just lead to urgent loose stools. If SWIY are really stuck SWIY can even try suppositories, but let SWIM tell SWIY feel violated and dirty hours after use hehe. SWIM thinks SWIY really need a laxative when SWIY on opiates though. Good thing about them is they actually slow down SWIY's natural bowel movements when SWIY stop taking them. SWIm knows this sounds bad, but if SWIY stop taking them when SWIY detoxing it really helps with the runs and evens you out.
Old 04-09-2008, 13:36
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
doublezero is learning how to become a psychonaut.

didnt read replys so sorry if it mentioned this before..

Dont just use a laxative, use something to soften the shit up as well. go to a pharmacy, and ask them for something to soften the stools and a laxative, pune juice is a good natural laxative, also bassy music, i got a bass box under my computer desk, turn the bass right up and it will vibrate your insides.

doublezero added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

pune***prune

Last edited by doublezero; 04-09-2008 at 13:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-09-2008, 14:21

33 y/o Male from United States
1shot2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I take 90 mgs methadone daily and when I started I had bad constipation,the only thing that worked for me are glycol suppositories.I swear by them,stick 1 in your ass and you have 5 minute countdown ,and make sure you have access to a bathroom b4 you take the thing.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:09

49 y/o Female from United Kingdom
meaculpa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

swim used to use epsom salts (magnesium sulphate), works VERY well and quickly, so quick access to the bathroom is neccessary!
however swim would advise eating a high fibre diet i.e fruit and veg and, as other poster recommends drinking lots of water first.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:38
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

Look up opioid antagonists that do not cross the BBB. They will prevent/reduce nasty body effects like constipation.

At least this works on paper/in theory and in the medical community. FDA approved an antagonist a while ago that does not cause WD's with used with opioids.

If you want more info on this, ask. I'd be glad to help.
Old 14-10-2008, 17:06
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

^^^^ That would always be of great benefit to many people on this board, so if you don't mind posting the info regarding it, that would be great!
Old 15-10-2008, 01:33
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.

METHYLNALTREXONE is one I can definately remember is like what I mentioned.

I don't know much personally, but Wikipedia has shitloads of information on antagonists that don't cross the BBB.

Think loperamide but as an antagonist and not an agonist!
Old 16-10-2008, 18:06
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Thanks for sharing, that could always be of benefit! If you come up with any other drugs that work for constipation, please post them here as well. Thank you.
Old 17-10-2008, 14:51
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Methadrone is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

Swim finds Meth not to be as bad as other opiates such as DF118 for constipation and swim is fairly regular without much (if any) pain. swim does eat well and finds cereal with oats/raisins may be a contributing factor to swims regular toilet visits.
Old 17-10-2008, 21:57
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Here's some information for those interested in what I was speaking of earlier but too lazy to go look for it

Quote:
Methylnaltrexone (MNTX, tradename Relistor) is one of the newer agents of peripherally-acting μ-opioid antagonists that act to reverse some of the side effects of opioid drugs such as constipation without affecting analgesia or precipitating withdrawals. Because it contains a permanently charged tetravalent nitrogen atom, it cannot cross the blood-brain barrier, and so has antagonist effects throughout the body, counteracting effects such as itching and constipation, but without affecting opioid effects in the brain such as analgesia.
Quote:
On April 1, 2008, Progenics and Wyeth announced that Health Canada has approved methylnaltrexone for the treatment of opioid induced constipation. It was later approved by the US FDA on April 24, 2008.
I came across this all doing research on antagonists for my current project regarding reversing Swim's current permanent opioid tolerance.
Old 24-10-2008, 17:34

28 y/o Male from United States
drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.
Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5

swim is the OP and would like to update, his bowel movements are still hard but no where near where the were a few months ago, theyve improved steadily over the last few weeks.
also in stead of only shitting once a week he's up to 3x's a week; this may be due to his body addapting to his methone dose, and he's also`walking a half hour a day and drinking lots of water, it could be one or the other or s combinstion if the 2.

swim would like to sincerly thank everyone posting here w/ good suggestions (some of which he tried).
Old 16-05-2012, 01:07

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mikey40cheshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Just quick response to what looks like old news, i got such bad constipation that i have had to manually evacuate my rectum of the conker like pile of shite that graced me 4 days apart., a bag of dried figs, £1.50 in UK, 2012,. Does the trick, i tried bananas, apples no good, vine fruits, up to 8oz a day sorts it out, i was also bleeding and thought i had cancer until i found this rather obvious remedy, i was on 80ml methadone, mikey x

Share this on:

Tags
constipation, methadone, methadone clinic, methadone withdrawal, methadrone, opiate, opiate addiction, opiate constipation, suboxone, withdrawal