Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-07-2008, 00:23
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Female from United States
classyfashh should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Painful shooting up?

Swim generally only shoots in her arms just in the inside elbow [the typical place]... She doesn't know if this is bad or what but even after a few days of shooting it hurts to bend her arm or even touch that spot and it feels like there a little peanut-sized bump on her arm where she injected. Of course it's dark coloured, but even if she lightly presses on it, it hurts. Should she be worried or is that normal and okay to continue to shoot in that spot?
Also, when she shoots in the same spot [even when it still is in pain] it is even more painful inserting the needle and pushing the liquid in..

She doesn't know how to shoot anywhere else because she's too scared and doesn't want to hit an artery. She just shoots in the same spot because she KNOWS there's a vein there.
Old 21-07-2008, 05:52
Mercury Member

33 y/o Male from Australia
frankz81 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Painful shooting up?

i would defiantely change spots..
sounds like u have missed and make create an abcess...

when swim misses once or twice it gets infected, and he has a faulty heart valve leading to light endocarditis most of the time (24/7 infection and fever)
and it takes almost 2 weeks to dissapear left untreated as he doesnt want to tell a doctor how he got it...

try this, put the torniquet or watever u use below ur elbow, and then find little vessels in ur fingers! they are there most definately and rotate every time swiy uses!
i am medium in skin colour and find them easily enough, sometimes swim rubs his fingers with a little water and makes his fingers go a little white, and white enough to find where they are. they are actually easier for swim to find than major veins in his forearm as the needle,once penetrated slides into the little vessel with ease...

obviously this is very stealthy also if u have a dr that checks for track marks cos u are on narcs,
goodluck, and definately find a new spot
Old 21-07-2008, 16:56
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

If the affected area doesn't get better or becomes worse in 24 hours then i think it would be best to seek medical attention because it is probably infected. If this happened 48 hours ago and it hasn't got any better at all or has become worse then i would think about getting it checked

The fingers would be very difficult to use and it will hurt like a bastard, i do not recommend it. I do agree with frankz about changing sites that is definitely a good idea. Hitting an artery is quite hard actually because they generally lie much deeper down, care must be taken when injecting in an area where the artery is nearer the surface such as the wrist. I wouldn't worry too much about hitting an artery unless it's in the groin area which i advise against. If an artery were to be hit then it will usually hurt more than usual and the blood can be forced in to the syringe without pulling the plunger back, the other clear sign is the colour of the blood which will be bright red. To be honest i have never seen arterial blood but i imagine it would be quite noticeable, i have heard a saying; if it's pink (bright red) stop and think, if it's red go ahead. So if there is any doubt then don't inject and try another site.
Old 21-07-2008, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankz81 View Post
when swim misses once or twice it gets infected, and he has a faulty heart valve leading to light endocarditis most of the time (24/7 infection and fever)
How do you know if you have endocarditis? I wonder if I have that. And what do you mean exactly by a faulty heart valve? Can you like feel this? My heart hurts a lot like it always randomly skips beats and its always hard to breathe or walk a bit now...

classyfashh added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

And thanks Solinari. Yeah Swim's not as scared now to do it in other places. She just doesn't see how the hell she could possibly be doing this wrong. Swim makes sure it's in the vein all the time... maybe she's just not being very clean about it. But she re-uses needles a lot and she's ... shared needles before as well. Dumb I know but whatever.

Anyway the knot in her elbow where she shoots is getting harder everyday. Feels like a freaking bone is there now or something. Hmmm.. Yeahhhh... definitely fucked that arm up. Sweet.

Last edited by classyfashh; 21-07-2008 at 22:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-07-2008, 23:53
Mercury Member

a faulty heart valve will cause shortness of breath and irregular beating as the valve doesnt shut fully between beats causing an irregular blood flow thru it,

once the valve gets infected, all the blood that passes it gets infected too, u will be be ridden for atleast 10 days imo, take care and be honest with ur doctor as the most common strains of bacteria that cause endo are immune to penicillin...

swim used to use an artery going 1 inch straight down in his wrist, he could see his pulse in the plunger as the pressure is very high and stung like shit!!
he used methadone liquid, andmaybe the ethanol or alcohol in it caused the stinging, but he didnt know at the time and would never go there again, so if u dont use places out of the ordinary and go just under the skin u will be fine!!

so if u are getting crook or there is an infected lump at the site, get it looked at as can cause alot more problems than what its worth...swim usually rides it out which is stupid but doesnt wanna have to explain to a dr
Old 22-07-2008, 13:03
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.

Endocarditis is more common among injecting drug users but it's not something that someone should be overly worried about. Never the less, the next doctor visit get them to listen to the heart because it can be heard with a stethoscope as a murmur because it's a disease of the heart valve and the flow is disrupted which can be picked up by ear (by a trained doctor that knows what to listen for). If someone is overly worried then go get it checked, i get worried about it sometimes.

As for getting the vein every time, it doesn't really matter if one site is continually used because the repeated insertion will disrupt the blood flow causing a thrombosis. Usually this is just a hard lump under the skin in the vein caused by a blood clot which becomes inflamed, it shouldn't get worse though, only better and inflamed doesn't mean infected which does need medical treatment. Of course it won't get any better if the site continues to be used, then it will only get worse and probably will get infected sooner or later.

Last edited by Solinari; 22-07-2008 at 13:08.
Old 22-07-2008, 16:34

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Agent Subby is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfashh View Post
How do you know if you have endocarditis? I wonder if I have that. And what do you mean exactly by a faulty heart valve? Can you like feel this? My heart hurts a lot like it always randomly skips beats and its always hard to breathe or walk a bit now...

classyfashh added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

And thanks Solinari. Yeah Swim's not as scared now to do it in other places. She just doesn't see how the hell she could possibly be doing this wrong. Swim makes sure it's in the vein all the time... maybe she's just not being very clean about it. But she re-uses needles a lot and she's ... shared needles before as well. Dumb I know but whatever.

Anyway the knot in her elbow where she shoots is getting harder everyday. Feels like a freaking bone is there now or something. Hmmm.. Yeahhhh... definitely fucked that arm up. Sweet.
Trust me you'll know. Swim was in hospital for 7 weeks with it and the pain was unbearable. The symptoms were more akin to Rheumatic Fever. And swim's doctor sent him home 3 times with anti inflammatories.
Swim eventually rang an emergency doctor and he immediately called for an ambulance. When swim arrived at the hospital the doc there said if swim's temp had gone up by one degree he would have died of heatstroke.
It took the docs there 2 days to diagnose swim with SABE.
Old 22-07-2008, 18:26

I would go to my doctor honestly to get it checked but I know how he's super freaking awesome about prescribing me to pills if I just tell him I need them without questions asked [since I've known him my whole life] and I just don't want him to know Swim shoots up otherwise he won't give her Methadone or Morphine if she ever wants it.

Well from what you guys' tell me of Endocarditis, it sounds like I have that but mildly, nothing too traumatic.
That's kind of scary that swim got a blood clot knowing you can die from that.
Old 22-07-2008, 18:29
Mercury Member

sorry to hear that agent subby...
i have been hospitalised from it twice which is 2 more times i would have liked.
the first time i had no idea wat the fuck was going on, i had lumps in my thighs from im injections and got infected and at the same time i ran out of my meds, having neva been thew wd's b4 i had no idea at all, and having some methadone tablets remembered made me feel better, and even then i didnt even realise it was wd's..
i first called a doctor to come home, he said i was having a fever, my temp was 2 degrees above average and he gave me 1 x temazepam!!!!

then went to an ER, did tests every day and in the meantime was getting my daily pethidine injections
had an ecg and scan which showed the faulty valve, then to confirm it they got me so doped up on valium as i had to swallow a metal tube into my stomach hanging out mymouth so the dr could see my heart thru my stomach, very very horrible

SWIclassy try putting an ice pack over it to reduce the swelling and rub into it as much as u can to try and disperse it before it gets truly infected,let us know how u go
Old 22-07-2008, 18:31

Ohkay swim'll do that. But it just freaking hurts like HELL to even touch it.
Old 23-07-2008, 01:28
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

If it isn't any better by tomorrow morning then it should definitely be checked, a simple thrombosis is just an slightly inflamed blood clot that really shouldn't hurt very much, if at all.
Old 23-07-2008, 14:51
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

I doubt you have endocarditis but if you did it wouldn't be a mild case it would be extremely serious and would require immediate IV antibiotic treatment with some seriously aggressive antibiotics. It is not something that can be self diagnosed and it is a very serious condition, "Infective endocarditis is associated with a 25% mortality."

It doesn't have to be your own doctor and if that arm hasn't got any better by now or it is worse then it's going to need checked out, so while there get the doctor to listen to the heart, just use palpitations and chest pain as an excuse and they should listen to the heart.
Old 25-07-2008, 03:52

Well, didn't some one say earlier that they'd get Endocarditis that would last for a few weeks to a few months?
Old 25-07-2008, 16:47
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

No idea, all i know is it's an infection of the heart valve that requires aggressive anti-biotic treatment. You can look it up on Wikipedia and read all about it but it's pretty dry stuff with a lot of technical and sometimes alarming details. From what i have gathered, infective endocarditis will not just go away on its own and is a very serious condition.

There is no use in getting paranoid about it though but if there is a serious concern then it will have to get checked out, no two ways about it.
Old 27-07-2008, 21:12
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from Scotland
msmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way upmsmogadon is on the way up
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hey there hope u are well,
SWIM has been checking out this post for a while as SWIY's problem sounds very like SWIM's. SWIM only started IVing about a week ago and already both her arms are fucked . The lumps are there but they have no colour and its extreme agony. Sometimes SWIM is poking around for ages and gets so frustrated she just bangs it in anyway.
How are SWIY's painful bits getting on, has it calmed down much? and where has SWIY had to end up going into?
Old 28-07-2008, 13:19
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

If the needle has been poking around for ages and the solution is injected without getting the vein then i am not in the least bit surprised the arms are fucked already. If someone doesn't have prominent veins to begin with and is having trouble right at the beginning then their IV drug "career" will come to an end very quickly and they will be left with scarring and no veins.

Subcutaneous and intramuscular injection (skin and muscle popping) of heroin is a very bad idea and it will quickly leave the arms sore and eventually an infection WILL take hold, it's just a matter of time. Missing the vein is essentially a subcutaneous injection (skin popping). If someone is missing more times than they hit then they should seriously reconsider injecting heroin and opt for a safer route, like smoking (pretty much the only other thing that can be done with brown). My fiend was lucky in that he had very prominent veins to begin with and he learned very quickly (after his first injection was the wrong way round and he still has the scare). His veins are still in very good shape for years of injecting drug use but that may well be due to the fact that he was a daily IV user for a only a short time (maybe a year at most).

Never the less, for anyone who has missed or has a thrombosis (hard lump close to or on the vein), if it starts to get worse or hasn't got better within 2 days then it needs to get checked. If it has got significantly worse very quickly then get it checked, use your common sense and judgement and remember that infections do not get better on their own.

Last edited by Solinari; 28-07-2008 at 13:27.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:16
Titanium Member

Female from United Kingdom
Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfashh View Post
I would go to my doctor honestly to get it checked but I know how he's super freaking awesome about prescribing me to pills if I just tell him I need them without questions asked [since I've known him my whole life] and I just don't want him to know Swim shoots up otherwise he won't give her Methadone or Morphine if she ever wants it.

Hey there,

Please see a doctor if you haven't done already. I'm serious. I don't know what the situation is in the US, but is there no way you can get to see an alternative doctor? If it were me I'd go to a different town and say I was a temporary resident. No idea what the options are for you over there but there's got to be something you can do. Failing that just go to your usual doctor - surely your life is more important than the methadone/morphine supply?

An abscess won't kill you but you need to get it treated as it could turn into a more serious problem if you leave it.

On the other hand, if you have endocarditis (which isn't unlikely, given that you have suggestive symptoms and at least one risk factor), it WILL kill you if you don't get it treated. I'm sorry to be harsh, but you don't seem to be aware of the fact that this is your life that's in danger. Please do something about it before it's too late.

Wishing you luck
Old 23-12-2008, 11:19

26 y/o Female from United States
tweakette should review received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon27 View Post
you inject into an artery?! Do you still have an arm?
Swim gets arteries all the time, but once its in its go time. Why would you lose your arm? It doesn't really do anything...and it doesn't hurt for swim one bit.
Old 15-01-2009, 00:48

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakette View Post
Swim gets arteries all the time, but once its in its go time. Why would you lose your arm? It doesn't really do anything...and it doesn't hurt for swim one bit.
the dangers of injecting drugs in an artery are ENORMOUS. Trust me here and DON'T EVER DO IT AGAIN!

Here's why... injecting into a vein will send the drug-bolus up your arm and straight to your heart & brain.

injecting into an artery sends the drug-bolus down your arm to your tiny capillaries of your fingers and thumbs. THEN, the drug must be reabsorbed from the capillary-spaces of your fingertips to the veins & lymphatics, THEN to your heart and cns.

If the drug you're doing just happens to be cut with a vaso-constrictor, OR if you're shooting a stimulant like speed/meth, then shooting into an artery will cause your FINGERTIPS TO DIE AND THE NECROTIC FINGERS/FINGERTIPS WILL TURN BLACK AND FALL OFF!! NO SHIT!

this goes WAY beyond recreation and even addiction. it's not worth it. EVER! -DICK
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06

23 y/o Male from United States
Whydididoit8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Ok everyone I got a question I just got out the hospital after haveing endocarditis i was on cefazolin for 6 weeks and all I wana know is how dangerous is it too still shoot up after having it can I die if I shoot up agan bc I did sniff a cuple of "slips" or bags 2 some people but I need the rush please someone tell what's good
Old 12-11-2012, 06:22

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydididoit8 View Post
Ok everyone I got a question I just got out the hospital after haveing endocarditis i was on cefazolin for 6 weeks and all I wana know is how dangerous is it too still shoot up after having it can I die if I shoot up agan bc I did sniff a cuple of "slips" or bags 2 some people but I need the rush please someone tell what's good
Yeah, I'd really avoid shooting up again. I know after you get an infection once, it's supposedly easier to get one again. Your heart and immune system are probably taxed, and I'm guessing any contamination at all could probably land you with at least a streptococcus infection, which can very quickly develop into necrotizing fascitis. Alternately you could get a systemic infection or another bout of endocarditis...which won't be so easy to treat because chances are you wouldn't be able to use the same antibiotics again.

I'd be really wary of IVing any more if I were you. I guess someone with medical experience could tell you more than me, but I do know you have to give it a rest for a while. Take it from someone else who's been hospitalized from an infection.
Old 12-11-2012, 19:47

23 y/o Male from United States
Whydididoit8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Ok Kool thanks I Dident do it but do u think i would still be ok sniffing it every once and awile just a weekend thing because oxycodone 30s are not doing shit too me. But then agan I'm not trying too go back too the hospital for another 6 weeks fuck that I just got out 5 days ago and that shit was hell..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydididoit8 View Post

Share this on:

Tags
injecting, missed shot, shooting into an artery, swelling at injection site