Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 10:10

28 y/o Male from Australia
TripsBalls is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Alluminium Foil Prep??

SWim often smokes white H on alluminium foil, and recently he has had a few people tell him that smoking on alluminium foil is no good for you, because of some kind of toxin that is released from heating the foil.. another person told swim that you should burn the foil before you smoke to burn away the toxins or something.. is any of this true?? does heating the foil before smoking do anything?? and which side of the foil should you smoke off???
Old 08-07-2008, 12:48
Titanium Member

41 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 900, Level: 4 Points: 900, Level: 4 Points: 900, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Alluminium Foil Prep??

Before swim smokes there H swim always burns the foil with there lighter as there is a coating supposdly put on the foil and heating it removes this coating, as far as swim was aware if you didn't pe-heat the foil all that happened was it frazzled your H. But in the years swim has smoked H swim has had no real problems and it also can depend on the type and quality of the foil swiy uses. Swim always smokes there H on the dull side of the foil don't know if this makes a difference it's just what swim prefers.
Old 08-07-2008, 21:34
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
rhudson is a decent psychonaut.rhudson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripsBalls View Post
SWim often smokes white H on alluminium foil, and recently he has had a few people tell him that smoking on alluminium foil is no good for you, because of some kind of toxin that is released from heating the foil.. another person told swim that you should burn the foil before you smoke to burn away the toxins or something.. is any of this true?? does heating the foil before smoking do anything?? and which side of the foil should you smoke off???
There is some evidence that for high quality aluminum foil (e.g. Reynolds brand) that it does not matter if you burn the surface first or not. Surely, it does not hurt. Also note that there is a rare but serious brain disease that some heroin smokers acquire. This likely has nothing to do with the aluminum foil but rather an uncommon adulterant the heroin is cut with. I.e. burning the foil first will not prevent this disease.
Old 09-07-2008, 23:06
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

It is definitely recommended to burn the tin foil before using it, my fiend doesn't usually smoke it but when he does he will thoroughly burn the foil on the 'shiny' side and use the 'dull' side to put the gear on. When my fiend burns it he will go over it several times in a sort of grid pattern, if you held a flame under it too long then it will damage the foil, so the trick is to burn it to the point just before it begins to damage it.

I have heard several things about burning tin foil, one of then being the thing that is actually burned is a very thin coating of some sort of grease like vegetable oil, but i don't know if that is true. What i do know is when i see it getting burned (by my fiend of course), it is apparent that something is being burned off because of the fumes/smoke that comes off of it, albeit a small amount.

I know that Exchange Supplies (Google it, i am reluctant to link to sites after an infraction) have a foil product designed specifically for smoking heroin, however i have no idea how one would get a hold of it especially in Australia. Never the less, i have heard Wheel Filters are available in Australia so it might be worth checking to see if foil is also available.

Last edited by Solinari; 10-07-2008 at 14:49.
Old 09-07-2008, 23:33
Titanium Member

41 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 900, Level: 4 Points: 900, Level: 4 Points: 900, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swim remembers now after swis post that it was a grease coating on the foil and swim agree with what swis says about running H on the foil. When swim first started smoking H swim would run it round in a square pattern the only trouble with this is when you get near the centre there is nowere left to go.
Old 15-07-2008, 23:45

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
china cat is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2

'Scotfoil', the tinfoil of choice for the discerning but skint Scottish heroin addict is so shit that you can only really burn it with the lighter once before holes start appearing.

Here in the UK swim once bought 'Bacofoil Release' which was a fucking disaster......that stuff is coated with some sort of synthetic wax which really fucks up your beetle........beware.
Old 16-07-2008, 00:30
Silver Member

Male from Belgium
highganja99 is a decent psychonaut.highganja99 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

As far as SWIM is aware the only link between aluminium foil and heatlh is reports of links between aluminium and alzheimer's, SWIM would guess pre-burning the foil oxidizes the aluminium before inhilation so the aluminium oxide gases are not inhaled, but this is just a pure guess. maybe another guess is the HCl in the heroin reacts with aluminium so pre-oxidizing the foil stops it reacting with the HCl or something.
Old 16-07-2008, 13:28
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by china cat View Post
'Scotfoil', the tinfoil of choice for the discerning but skint Scottish heroin addict is so shit that you can only really burn it with the lighter once before holes start appearing.

Here in the UK swim once bought 'Bacofoil Release' which was a fucking disaster......that stuff is coated with some sort of synthetic wax which really fucks up your beetle........beware.
Haha, Scotfoil is terrible but it is cheap. Bacofoil is good but too expensive for the odd tout, something in between would be the best but i can't say what it is.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:21

36 y/o Male from Portugal
dna_1977 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solinari View Post
It is definitely recommended to burn the tin foil before using it, my fiend doesn't usually smoke it but when he does he will thoroughly burn the foil on the 'shiny' side and use the 'dull' side to put the gear on. When my fiend burns it he will go over it several times in a sort of grid pattern, if you held a flame under it too long then it will damage the foil, so the trick is to burn it to the point just before it begins to damage it.

I have heard several things about burning tin foil, one of then being the thing that is actually burned is a very thin coating of some sort of grease like vegetable oil, but i don't know if that is true. What i do know is when i see it getting burned (by my fiend of course), it is apparent that something is being burned off because of the fumes/smoke that comes off of it, albeit a small amount.

I know that Exchange Supplies (Google it, i am reluctant to link to sites after an infraction) have a foil product designed specifically for smoking heroin, however i have no idea how one would get a hold of it especially in Australia. Never the less, i have heard Wheel Filters are available in Australia so it might be worth checking to see if foil is also available.

OMFG, foil specifically produced for the purpose of smoking heroin....swim never thought this would even exist...great!!! Thanks swisolinari! These are incredible news for a long comitted heroin smoker like swim...

carpe diem
Old 10-01-2009, 02:23
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,105, Level: 6 Points: 2,105, Level: 6 Points: 2,105, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

wasn't this myth of tinfoil being harmful debunked in the great tinfoil debate thread?
Old 12-01-2009, 15:03

Male
TheSpeedBall32 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

Most needle exchange outlets now also give out foil designed for the purpose of smoking H off. However, SWIM still burns the shiny side until no more smoke comes off of the foil, that is a good indicator to SWIM that all the potential toxins have been removed.

H.T.H
Old 12-01-2009, 16:11
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medlinemickey_bee must mainline Medline
Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7 Points: 2,651, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by china cat View Post

hahahahaha, yeah swim had that happen to him once. He found himself with the brandy, but no foil or pins or anything. After routing through a cupboard for like half an hour he found some bacofoil that was literally from the fucking seventies, it was pretty retro cool actually.....

But christ, never again.
Swim also knows of scotfoil, though where he lives it's just called shitefoil.

For UK swimmers my mate would have to recommend tesco's own brand foil. it's a little more expensive than the shitefoils, but it's well worth it, you can keep using it for ages, no worries of holes poppin up.
Old 20-01-2009, 15:06
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Methadrone is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

Swim would definately advise burning both sides of the foil before swiy smoke swiy's H as swim has heard different rumours about what it can do if swia doesn't burn it. swim says it won't frazzle if swiy dont burn swiys H it will run exactly the same, but seriously tell swiy to burn both sides to be on the safe side.
Old 22-01-2009, 14:58

26 y/o Female from United Kingdom
brumbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever SWIY does do not buy the non stick bacofoil that comes in pre-torn sheets. SWIM bought this once because it was all the shop had and thought it would save on any arousing suspicion through noise foil as it came in nice sized rectangles.

Whatever the f*ck they put on that stuff to make it non stick was rank, it made the gear taste funny, the smell was revolting and the gear wouldnt run properly!

SWIM tends to stick to regular Bacofoil, (the strength you can trust! lol) because it makes a better toot and doesnt flop all over the place when SWIM is trying to run my H.

Share this on:

Tags
aluminum foil, drugs, heroin, how to burn foil before running heroin on it, how to prepare aluminium foil, how to prepare foil for smoking heroin, meth, opana, preparing aluminum foil for smoking heroin, running heroin, smoke heroin, smoking heroin, smoking heroin tips, tin foil