Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 05-03-2005, 05:01

Rave_Pixie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Zanaflex (Tizanidine)

I recently got prescibed Zanaflex (Tizanidine) for a sleep aid. I haven't done much research on this drug, but does anyone know if it can be used recreationally, or what the results would be? It's very sedating right now: not like your typical sleeping pill, but almost more like a tranquilizer.

Sorry if I sound stupid... I just took my dose
Old 02-02-2006, 01:46
Silver Member

Male from United States
a4stringedwonder is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2 Points: 164, Level: 2
tizanidine???

SWIM recently received a rather large ammount of a new drug in physician samples called zanaflex... The active ingrediant is tizanidine HCL.

SWIM is wondering if there is any recreational value of this new drug... SWIM also claims that it is in capsules with small ammounts, meaning it would be easy to snort.

Has anyone done this or heard of it being used???
Old 02-02-2006, 23:26
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
He said they make you sedated and alluded to their making you feel stupid. Recreational party drug? Sure. Take 'em and go to the Republican Party!

Post Quality Evaluations:
How is this helpful? Or even useful? Politics have nothing to do with neuropharmacology.

Last edited by Jatelka; 11-09-2007 at 06:26.
Old 31-08-2006, 08:46
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9
From here it just looks like a pile of nasty side effects. Never can be absolutely sure before trying something, of course.
Old 31-08-2006, 09:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
swims watched lab rats go unconscious from this stuff. be careful.
Old 14-11-2006, 02:56

brabbet2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
zanaflex (tizanidine)

hey everyone i havent been here in about a year i was in columbia. anyway i found these pills called zanaflex NOT xanax. they are mussle relaxers. i found them in my bros medicen cabenet and i was wonderin if they where ok to take. what do they do and what is the right doseage. i just dont wana kill my self
Old 14-11-2006, 05:44
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
Re: zanaflex

Zanaflex
tizanidine (tye ZA ni dine)

What is Zanaflex?
• Zanaflex is a muscle relaxant. It works by blocking nerve impulses (or pain sensations) that are sent to your brain.
• Zanaflex is used to treat increased muscle tone associated with spasticity.

Zanaflex is supplied as 2 and 4 mg tablets

SWIM has never heard of zanaflex and he doubts it has much recreational potential. Quit snooping around your brothers medicine cabinet looking for something to get fucked up on. It looks like you found something that might have a small value for recreational use, but by not means, nothing special. Tell us if you find anything that ends with the word "codone." That is when you know you hit the jackpot ohh yea "morphone" is usually a good sign too.

SWIM has injested cyclobenzaprine and it is somewhat intoxicating but not really enjoyable.

Last edited by raven3davis; 14-11-2006 at 13:08.
Old 14-11-2006, 07:51

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7

SWIM once watched a certain lab rat take 8 mg of zanaflex at a party. Around 45 minutes to an hour after ingestion, the lab rat was feeling a bit more social, and described his state as "somewhat like being drunk." After about 90 minutes, the lab rat became noticably less social, and was acting lethargic. He ended up falling asleep in his car about two hours after ingestion.

SWIM's only experience was with about 2 mg of the stuff. SWIM said that it felt like a 10 mg dose of cyclobenzaprine...a small bit of stumbling, a bit of cognitive impairment, and the overwhelming urge to sleep. SWIM woke up very groggy and confused the next day, and still tired. So yes, a small bit of potential, but not much. Its best saved for when one can't get to bed.

Also please PM the relevant moderator to have them edit your post, and check your PMs brabbet. Thanks!

correct info on side effects
Old 04-12-2006, 12:22
Silver Member

28 y/o Male
whorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1

SWIM tried 4mg of this just the other day. It made him feel really sleepy and gave him the same weakness that you get when you first wake up in the morning and can't make a tight fist. Thats pretty much all that happened. He went to bed really early that night and woke up the next morning at around noon, lots of sleeping
Old 14-02-2007, 00:14
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
ironmics is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 320, Level: 2 Points: 320, Level: 2 Points: 320, Level: 2
Re: zanaflex (tizanidine)

Yea muscle relaxers in general are not very recreational drugs. Most just make you really sleepy. Swim's tried most of them except soma and zanaflex. They basically just make you not want to move
Old 22-01-2009, 11:42

24 y/o Male from Afghanistan
lopster2236 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Re: Zanaflex (Tizanidine)

SWIM was given this yesterday and after taking 2MG felt really sleepy. Lots of sleep due to this and does help the muscle spasms.
Old 28-01-2009, 00:38

24 y/o Male
explodyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

I get Tizanidine for muscle spasms and problems sleeping. I take 1mg during the day if I need it and it makes me very relaxed and sleepy. 2mg puts me to sleep. I used to get cyclobenzaprin. But I personally felt it was much stronger and it made me feel hungover the next day. I get these legally btw.
Old 28-01-2009, 00:41

24 y/o Male from Afghanistan
lopster2236 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1

Swim gets 2MG and they help him sleep and relax. Also for muscle spasms and all legal.

SWIM thinks he may need a higher dose.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:07
Palladium Member

Female from United States
pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.
Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Zanaflax(tizanadine) has some very serious side effects even at therapeutic doses. And has resulted in many cases of liver failure to the point patients needed tranaplants to avoid death--some died. Sometimes after a few as a few days of 2mg doses every 6-8 hours. MD's should be checking LFT's while their pts stabilize on this med.

SWIM certainly wouldn't take it at higher than medicinal doses do to this limitation. Adverse side effects are going to increase in dose.

Great info, some sources would be nice though but thanks for the warning anyway if you don't have any!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:17

24 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

Tizanidine is an alpha adrenergic agonist, thus it has no recreational value.

Overdosage in attempt for euphoria, will only result in seizures. Please do not attempt this, and DO NOT combine with alcohol.... adverse reactions show.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:33

Male
Pan Blaiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

Swim found that Tizanidine is actually the best sleeping pill swim has found. Swim has been able to go off and on it for years with no side effects other than dry mouth. (No rebound insomnia like most sleeping aids)

What swim does is take between 3-4 4mg scored tablets at night before bed on an empty stomach. Now, this is important. For some reason, if swim eats about 15-20 minutes later, say, a light meal, they kick in right away. Be prepared! These are for wanting to go to sleep. Period. There's really nothing fun about Tizanidine except for the quick nod that is somewhat enjoyable right before swiy passes out.
Take Tizanidine on a full stomach and in swim's expierience it takes like an hour to kick in. Take on empty stomach than eat a yogurt and go straight to bed.
And if swim misses a night, he says that doesn't even notice. And in fact, sometimes forgets to take it.

This is just swim's opinion and subjective expierence he thought he should share.

Hope this helps someone out there!
Pan
Old 17-10-2009, 07:53
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Nace is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2 Points: 161, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Swim and his cousin just got home from his cousins friends house. Swim has only met the friend one time and the person's daughter once (so it was a little awkward for swim.) while they were there, the daughter handed Swim 3 of these things, claiming that they were tramadol (swim loves tramadol, and any other opiate really. He doesn't touch heroin though). Swim says that they were 4mg each. Swim was really looking forward to taking tramadol as it is only once in a while that he sees it (he usually sticks to hydrocodone or oxycodone). Swim is disappointed. So swim is wondering if it is really not worth it to take these things?
Old 10-04-2010, 16:19
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
fatkidzonmopedz is an unknown quantity at this point

swim took 16 mg of zanaflex last night and drank a few beers and passed the hell out. swim got wrote all over his face and doesn't remember anything. swim was wondering does zanaflex have xanax and flexoril in it because that's what he's heard and wants to know what he is taking.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:37

34 y/o Male
skapafeel should review received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Swim has yes another urinalysis scheduled for the use of benzos which swim is not supposed to take. This test will determine several vital things for swim, however swim does have a legal prescriiption for xanax...a low dose, about 1 - 1.5mg per day. Swim stopped taking xanax four days before the test and is drinking mad amounts of water and vitamins but is wandering if it is okay to take Zanaflex so swim can sleep. swim has a job and can't be awake all night due to benzo withdrawal (which btw swim knows is dangerous but four days will be okay for swim, she's done it).

What do the people think about taking zanaflex when trying to clean out for benzos? swim is getting NO HELP from the internet, no concrete answers. someone even said COTTAGE CHEESE can cause a false positive for benzos. Last test swim took showed off the charts for benzo use even though swim had cleaned out....but swim was taking mad amounts of kava kava and a bit of valerian the night before test.

Basically with TONS of water and TONS of vitamins will zanaflex trip up Swim's drug test for benzo use? ANy takers?

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:53
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkidzonmopedz View Post
swim took 16 mg of zanaflex last night and drank a few beers and passed the hell out. swim got wrote all over his face and doesn't remember anything. swim was wondering does zanaflex have xanax and flexoril in it because that's what he's heard and wants to know what he is taking.
SWIY is catching a ride on the bullshit train. Zanaflex is simply Tizanidine, and comes in 2, 4, and 6 milligram tablets. And please don't mix Tizanidine with Alcohol. It's not very safe or good for you Especially in doses of 16 milligrams+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skapafeel View Post
Swim has yes another urinalysis scheduled for the use of benzos which swim is not supposed to take. This test will determine several vital things for swim, however swim does have a legal prescriiption for xanax...a low dose, about 1 - 1.5mg per day. Swim stopped taking xanax four days before the test and is drinking mad amounts of water and vitamins but is wandering if it is okay to take Zanaflex so swim can sleep. swim has a job and can't be awake all night due to benzo withdrawal (which btw swim knows is dangerous but four days will be okay for swim, she's done it).

What do the people think about taking zanaflex when trying to clean out for benzos? swim is getting NO HELP from the internet, no concrete answers. someone even said COTTAGE CHEESE can cause a false positive for benzos. Last test swim took showed off the charts for benzo use even though swim had cleaned out....but swim was taking mad amounts of kava kava and a bit of valerian the night before test.

Basically with TONS of water and TONS of vitamins will zanaflex trip up Swim's drug test for benzo use? ANy takers?

Thanks!
SWIM is not aware of any cases that Zanaflex has caused a positive for benzos, and if it did, a GC/MS would clear SWIY.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:11
Silver Member

25 y/o Male
TheWerker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

SWIM tried looking up proper dosages for recreational use and found little. He decided that if the pill came in 4 mg tablets, it's probably safe to take a whole one (this is not a good idea, as some pills - such as painkillers - have extremely large doses that could be dangerous to those without a tolerance). So he took that 4 mg, and this is what he found:

Onset within an hour on an empty stomach after lightly chewing/breaking up the tablet in his mouth (breaking, not pulverizing).

He felt light headed and found it hard to concentrate. His eyes felt slow. He compared it to the feeling just before anaesthesia kicks in to knock you out.

Within an hour and a half, he became very tired and lethargic. All he wanted to do was lay back and rest his head. He did that, shortly falling asleep with the light on. He woke up 3 hours later.

The only after affects are a very mild exhaustion, almost like staying up for 18-20 hours.

SWIM does NOT recommend taking these for recreational use. He just doesn't see the point in it. They make you slow and light headed without the peace/euphoria of other drugs. Like he said, it feels like you're about to go under for anaesthesia, which I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want to feel that way at a party. He says it's worth a try though. If anything, it's an extremely effective sleep aid.

TheWerker added 5 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkidzonmopedz View Post
Sorry for the double post, but AFOAF wanted me to address this:

AFOAF said taking 16mg of this is a very bad idea, as 4 mg was more than enough to put him to sleep. He doesn't know what kind of health complications can arise from taking that much of a tranquilizer - especially with alcohol.

A good piece of advice: If you're going to drink, drink. If you're going to pop pills, pop pills. Combining the two is just too dangerous to do. But if you MUST drink, 1-2 drinks tops. That goes for any drug in pill form. Plus, sometimes it'll really screw up your liver.

Last edited by TheWerker; 09-06-2010 at 08:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2011, 19:17

30 y/o Female from United States
shank215 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
zanaflex thumbs down, rabbit says

My Sister's pet rabbit told her that Zanaflex/Tizanidine had zero effect on it at 4 and even 8mgs. From what I understand, the rabbit has a mild opiate tolerance and a 4g a day Kratom habit, but has pretty much replaced opiates with kratom. Besides the occasional (maybe 4-6x a month) 1mg klonopin, the rascally rabbit doesn't take anything else. She could take a 4mg ok zana/tiz in the middle of the day and act and feel like normal. On one occasions, the rabbit took 1 4mg at 12am to sleep, another 4mg at 130 and 1/2 of a 4mg - 2mg - at 230 and finally fell asleep at about 4am, but told me she hardly felt anything at all, not even a nice momentary nod.

So, IMSPRO, useless. And My Sister's pet rabbit gets very dissapointed when seemingly cool things like this don't work.

The Rabbit suggests 1-2g's of UEI (toss & wash), grab a magazine or book, lay down in bed on your back all comfy like and watch tv for 15-30mins, turn off the tv and read your magazine or book. Rabbit says you'll have an awesome nod after about 10 mins of reading and be in that wonderful dreamy half conscience state for as long as you can control it, until you drift off to sleepyland.
Old 09-02-2011, 19:40
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
TooFastTim is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

TIM was prescribed this medication in concert with pain medication some years ago. His experience with this medication are fairly poor. Seemed to be very sedated with little relief from muscle pain usually ended up skipping doses largely due to the fact that he was too Damn sleepy Tim does not see much recreational value in this particular medication
Old 09-02-2011, 20:33
Titanium Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.
Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3

It's a (α2) adrenergic receptor agonist - like clonidine (used to help reduce the symptoms opiate withdrawal syndrome) or Xylazine (a general anesthetic). This class of drug has nothing fun about it & mixed with other sedative/hypnotics in can easily be fatal.
IF the ER know what you took and they have it, Atipamezole will reverse the effects... it's a big if.
Old 09-02-2011, 20:50
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,161, Level: 10 Points: 5,161, Level: 10 Points: 5,161, Level: 10
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%

My friend Nanook was given Zanaflex in conjunction with MSIR 60 mg. when the Flexaril stopped working for him. He has degenerative spinal disc disease, so he took them on a regular basis. It does have a greater sedating capacity then Flexaril but, like Flexaril, this seems to go away (or at least diminish considerably) after about two or three weeks of taking as prescribed. At least for Nanook it did.

It seems to leave one feeling very lethargic upon waking in the morning. Not sleepy as such, but rather a feeling of just not wanting to get out of bed. This also goes away with time, but to a lesser extent.

It doesn't seem to be a skeletal muscle relaxer, like Soma. Nanook said that he didn't see any recreational value in it at all, unless you wanted to be lazy and drift in and out of sleep all day. Nanook even tried taking 8 mg. of Zanaflex and washing it down with a couple of beers (Nanook knows-VERY stupid!), but all it did was make him sleep a little better. Not necessarily longer, but better. It was one of those "the pain is a 13 on a scale of 1 to 10" days.

Share this on:

Tags
benzodiazepine withdrawal, neurontin, snorting drugs, tizanidine, withdrawals, zanaflex