Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-06-2008, 04:45

30 y/o Female
Orion R.I.P is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Heroin makes me vomit

This didn't happen when SWIM was shooting tar for the first few months, but now when SWIM rarely does it, SWIM gets violently ill about 6 hours after her last shot and SWIM will stay sick for about 12 hours. SWIM vomits EVERYTHING she tries to eat or drink, including water. Could this be an allergic reaction? It's like SWIM has food poisoning. Does this happen to anybody else? Also, SWIM is not overdosing either....SWIM has experimented with a very small shot and the same thing still happens...??
Peace~

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good starter topic, should stimulate lot of discussion.
Old 27-06-2008, 13:14
Titanium Member

41 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 914, Level: 4 Points: 914, Level: 4 Points: 914, Level: 4
Re: Heroin makes me vomit

This would happen to swim when swim was first taking H, don't know why but swim was always violently sick everytime swim ate or drank anything. But after tkaing H for awhile it stopped.
Old 28-06-2008, 04:13
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

Swim's junkie exfriend says heroin made him vomit every single time he took it, and he was addicted for years. He says vomiting was one of the best parts of it.

Swim hears this sentiment often from heroin needle junkies he happens to know.
Old 28-06-2008, 05:00
Palladium Member

Male from USA - Pennsylvania
Spyder is on the way upSpyder is on the way upSpyder is on the way upSpyder is on the way up
Points: 608, Level: 3 Points: 608, Level: 3 Points: 608, Level: 3

This sounds very different than the "normal" vomiting people get from larger doses of Opiates when they are not tolerant or have little tolerance. The OP stated that the vomiting starts at 6hrs after the last injection???

Are swiY sure that this isn't a result of some type of detox or "dope sickness" as 6-12 hrs after is about when that would kick in???? Also, is this happening on the tar? or is swiY getting a different type now?

Back when swiS was starting, he would puke after about 15min or so after snorting, then by the time he went on to injection, his tolerance was up and he didn't puke very often, although every now and then....blahhhh. NEVER, after several hours though? this sounds strange and somewhat concerning?

If swiY stops use, how long until full blown withdrawl sickness? Has swiy ever tried buprenorphine(suboxone), to help w/ withdrawl sickness? If so did this cause nausea also?

Good luck, and hope this gets solved for ya.....S
Old 02-07-2008, 00:37
Mercury Member

32 y/o Male from Australia
Dexyfiend needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

SWIM would puke sometimes when on gear sometimes not... prolly about 1/3 of the time, it's very common.
The best thing to do is to go to the supermarket and invest in some expensive pulpy juice with bananas and passionfruit and mango in it. SWIM would just drink that all day and not eat solids then when he puked at least it wouldnt taste horrid
Old 02-07-2008, 23:40

30 y/o Female
Orion R.I.P is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
This sounds very different than the "normal" vomiting people get from larger doses of Opiates when they are not tolerant or have little tolerance. The OP stated that the vomiting starts at 6hrs after the last injection???

Are swiY sure that this isn't a result of some type of detox or "dope sickness" as 6-12 hrs after is about when that would kick in???? Also, is this happening on the tar? or is swiY getting a different type now?

If swiY stops use, how long until full blown withdrawl sickness? Has swiy ever tried buprenorphine(suboxone), to help w/ withdrawl sickness? If so did this cause nausea also?
Yes, it's usually 6 hours after. Swim shot some the other day though and only vomited after having a cigarette. This is usually when the vomiting starts, but Swim only vomited twice that time. Swim might have been taking too large of shots before. Swim thinks it may be part of some kind of "dope sickness," but Swim really thinks it may be bad cuts of it. Oh it's tar BTW. Swim has tried Suboxone..... Yes the suboxone caused a slight nausea. The vomiting will happen rarely also when Swim takes too large of a dose of Oxy.

Swim has never heard of any dope addicts who enjoy vomiting. Swim has MANY friends that are addicts. That seems pretty weird . Haha

Orion, R.I.P added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexyfiend View Post
SWIM would puke sometimes when on gear sometimes not... prolly about 1/3 of the time, it's very common.
The best thing to do is to go to the supermarket and invest in some expensive pulpy juice with bananas and passionfruit and mango in it. SWIM would just drink that all day and not eat solids then when he puked at least it wouldnt taste horrid
Haha, Swim cannot even keep a drink of water down. Swim will vomit bile for a few hours at least.
Swim has found something that seems to help..... Before swim does a shot, she takes some Dramamine. (For motion sickness) !!

Last edited by Orion R.I.P; 02-07-2008 at 23:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-07-2008, 19:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
rhudson is a decent psychonaut.rhudson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

What kind of heroin does SWIY have? Tar?
Old 09-07-2008, 00:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
Dissociative is an unknown quantity at this point

Swim cannot understand why you would vomit in that time period though. It is after you really should be high, but yet its too short of time to be withdrawal. Swim doesn't really start with drawing until at least 8 to 12 hours, and the vomiting usually doesn't start until after 12 hours. Which that kind of vomiting no, swim doesn't like, but vomiting while swim is high isn't really bad, and is looked back fondly on when swim is sober. So yes, he does like it.

Back to your problem though, it could perhaps be an allergy, either to the cut, or if its tar then possibly that. I know you had used it before, but it could still be an allergic reaction.
Old 09-10-2009, 20:28

24 y/o Male from United States
dizpimpin48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
nausea!!!

swim has been shooting heroin for a very long time and since day 1 swim gets sick every time. swim usually throws up as soon as the rush starts to come up on him. swim is up to shooting 3 or 4 bags at a time and throws up every time. even when swim shoots a bag or two swim still gets nauseaus. swim might not throw up but gets damn close. it happens alot too when swim gets garbage with some nasty ass cut. why does this happen and how can swim keep from getting sick?
Old 09-10-2009, 20:31
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23
Re: nausea!!!

Try lowering the dose some. It sounds like SWIY is doing too high of a dose. This doesn't sound like withdrawal as it is happening every time as soon as the rush comes on. Fixing some ginger tea or something ginger before shooting up might help with the nausea as well. Drink some water, eat a few pieces of bread, or drink something with caffeine in it as Red Rock has found that if he eats a little something and is drinking soda or some other type of caffeinated beverage, that this helps him cope with the nausea, especially after shooting up when the rush is hitting him. Antacids can increase the bioavailability of the drug so try to refrain from taking them. Another option is to obtain some promethazine which can help reduce the nausea

Last edited by chillinwill; 09-10-2009 at 20:37.
Old 09-10-2009, 20:54
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.kasbeq really adds to the discussion.
Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4 Points: 909, Level: 4

Please take this with a pinch of salt – this only works for swim and its not researched so what swim is saying could be dangerous.

Exactly what swiy described happens to swim – he either throws up or gets close to it.
The only difference is that it happens to swim only in cases when he uses his first shot/smoke after long abstinence. After that he is fine and uses with no problem.
What swim has found helpful is OTC tables for prevention of travel/sea sickness .
He swallows one tablet and he does not encounter the feeling of nausea.

It’s a strange body mechanism to prevent poison entering and remaining in the body.
Swiy's body could identify the heroin as a harmful substance and upon smelling it reacts with vomiting

Great post and great advice as always.
Old 13-10-2009, 04:23

24 y/o Male from United States
dizpimpin48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

im damn sure its not because swim is taking too high of a does because it happens to swim even if he does a shot that doesnt get him high
Old 13-10-2009, 21:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
mihalis is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1

SWIM is not a daily user (about twice a week), but does feel a bit nauseous after blowing a couple lines of heroin. He has only thrown up once from it (first time, normal thing) but has felt like he has been pretty close almost every time. From SWIMs experience this doesn't have to do with the dosage, it just has to do with how your body reacts to it (everyone is different!). This same SWIM throws up profusely when smoking cannabis...he's learnt to accept it and has stopped smoking weed all together because of it. (Un)luckily for SWIM, the nausea from heroin is not enough to turn him off from the drug (and even then, throwing up from it is not horrible either).
Old 17-10-2009, 08:34
Silver Member

Male
pig_iron is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Heroin & opiates very commonly cause nausea and vomiting because they stimulate the chemoreceptor trigger zone of the brain, whose duty is to induce emesis in response to ingestion of a toxic substance (even though the drug may not have been "ingested").

I can't even deal with hydrocodone because of the intense nausea it creates.

Lorazepam(Ativan) is a relatively easy benzo to obtain and has antiemetic properties. Perhaps if taken an hour beforehand it would prevent the nausea. Then there's always Compazine buccals.

Wow, this post was really informative, elained why this problem occurs, and provided a solution.
interesting theory on lorazepam
Mixing benzos (lorazepam) and H is a common OD trigger.
Old 20-10-2009, 08:02
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,161, Level: 9 Points: 4,161, Level: 9 Points: 4,161, Level: 9
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig_iron View Post
Lorazepam(Ativan) is a relatively easy benzo to obtain and has antiemetic properties. Perhaps if taken an hour beforehand it would prevent the nausea. Then there's always Compazine buccals.
Mixing benzos with heroin is very dangerous, and not something that should be being recommended to a relatively new user, especially for something as trivial as an attempt to prevent nausea.

IV heroin plus benzos = massively increased risk of overdose and death.

Not too sure about compazine, but swim knows for sure that cyclazine greatly potentiates the effects of opiates (hence the huge popularity of diconal, back in the day) so it's possible that this could also result in an increased risk of overdose. However swim would have to check up on this, if someone more knowledgeable on the subject could confirm either way, I'd be very grateful.

Back to the subject matter: In swim's honest opinion, if the OP really wants to stop being sick, then he should stop taking heroin. All that will happen if he choses to continue along this path, is that he'll end up experiencing a huge amount more sickness, at levels which he previously thought impossible, when he gets a habit and finds himself in full-blown withdrawal for the first time.

Sorry for being a bit blunt, but this is the truth of heroin addiction.

H

too true about withdrawl sickness being much worse

Last edited by Helene; 20-10-2009 at 08:17.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:22
Titanium Member

Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4

Swie sometimes gets sick from heroin and the sickness can last for days (not withdrawal - she means sickness from using). She's been ill for a week or more on occasion, unable to keep much food down during that time. Then she'll be fine for a month, then without warning it will happen again.

There seem to be such a wide range of reactions that people have to this drug. Swie is always coming accross odd quirks that different people describe. No two people react quite the same. This is especially true when it comes to side effects. There are all sorts of weird descriptions that are hard to completely explain.

It's possible that Swiy han an allergic reaction. It sounds unlikely though, as Swiy was completely fine for months at first. However allergies do often take a while to build up. I think it's more likely though that it's just the usual nausea that opioids are known to cause, and that Swiy is particularly sensitive. The one oddity here is that it takes 6 hours to come on. This is strange whatever the reason is - even if it were an allergy one would expect it to start sooner. Could it be that Swiy doesn't normally try and eat/smoke for the first 6 hours, and so only notices it later because this is when she has food/cig?

The question of whether this is dopesickness is easy to confirm/rule out. Has Swiy tried taking more heroin when the sickness starts? If that cures it, well you have your answer!

great post and answer to the OP, and a very good suggestion :)!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male
McSmokey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1

This used to happen to swim in his early days, he used to snort (his hands were too shaky to chase) and he'd puke almost every time not violently tho, and the feeling right after sometimes even during would be great. he's never puked while shooting though but he's only shot about 8 times so we'll see i guess.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:13

24 y/o Male
BlackGold is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

Is it possible the vomiting is being caused by the cigarette because when swim did oxy or h i would feel fine but then someone would over a cig and swim would smoke it and start to feel nauseuous and usually end up vomitting.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:46
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
dragonuser is a decent psychonaut.dragonuser is a decent psychonaut.

Here's a crazy idea, perhaps its your body rejecting that terrible nasty shit, and perhaps you should investigate not taking it any more
Old 05-11-2009, 21:12
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4

This happens to swim only if he does too much dope or if he has been doing speed balls, swim can't even drink water without it coming back up.
Old 05-11-2009, 23:11
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BumpBump is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

swim is always sick at some point, usualy 6 hours + upto 12 hours after.
Old 10-11-2009, 00:00

Male
doorsboy is an unknown quantity at this point
quick question...

if swim has had nausea problems from other opiate related drugs such as vicodin and oxycodone, will heroin be a terrible experience? is it even worth it for swim to try it? thanks guys.
Old 10-11-2009, 00:47
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23
Re: quick question...

Very similar thread here Heroin makes me vomit
Old 10-11-2009, 01:04
Titanium Member

Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.Esmerelda probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4 Points: 881, Level: 4

The chances are, if Swiy is prone to nausea from a number of different opiates, then heroin will also produce nausea. In fact, I've noticed that a lot of people who seem to be able to tolerate other opiates well (Swie included) suffer from nausea when using heroin (especially if injecting). I suspect this is due to the adulterants found in street heroin, some of which may be nausea-inducing in themselves.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:11

Male
doorsboy is an unknown quantity at this point

oh okay, i see. thanks very much.
one more question, what's a good way to not get nausea when taking opiates?
ive heard that taking benzos or some benadryl/dramamine would help, but i've also heard that these drugs with potentiate opiates, which i don't want.
any suggestions?

Share this on:

Tags
black tar heroin, heroin and nausea, heroin and sickness, heroin dose, heroin effects, heroin experience, heroin nausea, heroin sickness, heroin side effects, heroin use, how to induce vomiting, injecting heroin, opiate effects, opiate nausea, opiate side effects, opiates and sickness, psychological heroin addiction, snorting drugs, snorting heroin, tar heroin