Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 21:05

Male
colt455 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Planning to shoot up first time, please help.

I sware I've searched google for the past hour now and either my extreme lack of sleep as of late is taking its toll or I'm not looking properly but I can't find anything that explains how best to prepare a shot of heroin. Can anyone link/brief me on this please?

I've smoked heroin a few times before, always powder, I'm aware slamming this early into my love affair is highly recommended against and I appreciate anyones concern though I'm probably going to do this anyways so safety tips are preferred over criticisms.

I've found endless information on how to register the shot and administer it properly once prepared and hopefully won't have any problems in that area, but what is the best way to prepare the shot?

ATM I am considering mixing the dope with water (tap/bottled/does it matter?), heating it until it just starts to bubble then the filtering.. this is what I'm most confused about. Do I simply soak up my solution with a cotton ball and try to draw all the liquid with my needle? Ring it out elsewhere and then suck it up? Is this even the proper way to filter? If so, wouldn't you lose a fairly significant amount of h in the cotton ball?

Thanks to anyone who can help
Old 05-06-2008, 21:45
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from USA - Illinois
zera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Planning to shoot up first time, please help.

The impurities found in street heroin range from coffee to quinine to glass particles. Most impurities, like coffee, are harmless. You might even like some of them. Coffee, for example, is tasted after injecting heroin that has been cut with it. Some impurities, like glass and maybe even quinine, can be deadly. I strongly encourage you to remove the impurities from the heroin you buy. What follows is a recipe that works despite the fact that it has been widely distributed on the Internet.
Removing Particulate Matter

The use of cotton for filtration when heroin is cooked before being used is a small attempt at purifying the heroin ingested. But a much better job can be done with a little hydrochloric acid (HCl). Place about a gram of heroin in a small glass container (a test tube is best, but any glassware that will allow mixing will work). Add a couple of drops of 28% hydrochloric acid and allow it to react for a couple of minutes. Next, add 5 ml of distilled water and mix vigorously so that everything dissolves that can.
At this point in the process, the heroin is in solution. The non-soluble material in the container is garbage that you do not wish to ingest. Let the solution sit so that the particulate matter settles to the bottom and then pipette out the solution, leaving the particulate matter behind. The simplest kind of pipette is an eye-dropper. If a pipette is not available, it is possible to pour the solution out of one container into another, being careful not to allow any of the particulate matter to be transferred.
Removing Soluble Impurities

Add ammonium hydroxide to the solution, one drop at a time. This will cause a white precipitate to form. Continue adding the ammonium until you are certain that there is no more precipitate being formed. The solution is then gently mixed to assure that the ammonium is evenly distributed. At this point, the solution will have a milky look.
The solution is then added to about 100 ml of ethyl ether-a chemical with which great care must be taken, since it is quite combustible. This new solution is then vigorously mixed and left to sit. This will cause the water to settle at the bottom of the container; it is removed with a pipette and then discarded.
A mixture of 5 mL of HCl and 5 mL distilled water is created and added to the ethyl ether mixture. This is stirred vigorously for several minutes. Afterwards, a water layer will form at the bottom of the container. You then pipette this out and into a small container such as a petri dish.
Deacidification

Slowly add baking soda to the solution in the petri dish. This will cause the solution to bubble. When the bubbling stops, this process is finished. The resulting solution is then air-dried, which yields pure heroin and table salt (NaCl). The salt is harmless and may be ingested along with the heroin.
by Dr. H © 2000
Last Modified: 5 January 2004

http://www.heroinhelper.com/user/adm...g_heroin.shtml

I was curious about the procedure for cleaning street heroin [that is on your site: Purifying Heroin]. Most of my practical laboratory experience was with various opiates, street, pharmaceutical or self made, so this is definitely something that I know about. In fact I purified some street heroin for a friend of mine one day. It requires only a little knowledge of basic organic extraction technique.
This is what I did:
Dissolve the street heroin in water.
Use the easily available Hydrion pH papers to monitor the pH during this procedure. Add Sodium Hydroxide in solution dropwise while checking the pH. Use a narrow glass or plastic rod to touch a minimum of the drug solution to the paper to avoid loss. Stop when the pH reaches about 9.
Extract with chloroform. Chloroform is far superior to diethyl ether in that it is non-flammable and does not present storage problems, where explosive peroxides can be formed. Note: Chloroform is an ideal solvent for heroin, codeine, and most other opiates, with the major exception of morphine which requires a mixed solvent.
Separate the chloroform layer and wash with a minimum quantity of cold water: 1-2 ml works well. Evaporate the chloroform taking care not to burn the residue on the bottom of the beaker. Note: Chloroform is a known carcinogen, so plenty of ventilation (and a respirator) would be advisable. The chloroform is so volatile that this step is actually quite easy to perform.
Add a dilute solution of HCl dropwise while stirring with a glass rod. Monitor the pH closely. As the acid is being added, the diacetyl morphine base is being neutralized and converted into the water-soluble hydrochloride salt form.
When all the solid material has just dissolved, stop adding the HCl. I found that this takes place around pH 5-6. Note: If one tries to bring the pH all of the way up to 7, the free base alkaloid precipitates back out requiring addition of more HCl.
The resulting solution will be in an injectable form; it will now be completely clear with no colored impurities or particulate matter.
Having clarified this procedure, I would hope that nobody would actually attempt it. To an experienced chemist this is all so routine that you could do it blindfolded. But I noticed that even the college students in my Organic lab class, who had no prior organic chemistry experience, were remarkably clueless around a separatory funnel the first time. This is to say that what is trivial in the hands of an experienced chemist will likely be unusable (at best) and dangerous (at worst) in the hands of an amateur. This chemistry isn't to be played with.
by Anonymous © 2003

http://www.heroinhelper.com/user/adm...in_again.shtml
Old 05-06-2008, 22:05

Male
colt455 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Thanks, I've familiarized myself quite well with heroin helper so far, in fact I got the cotton ball idea from that exact article.

"The use of cotton for filtration when heroin is cooked before being used is a small attempt at purifying the heroin ingested."

Granted the supplies needed to fully purify are fairly easy to acquire, I don't want to drive anywhere to buy them nor do I feel like doing any chemistry experiments right now.

I've pretty much decided upon traveling the "small attempt at purification" route, as I'm sure a vast majority of others do as well. My main question is what is the absolute best way to go about doing this?

• Cotton ball/q-tip head/cig filter?

• Do I simply soak up my solution with a cotton ball and try to draw all the liquid with my needle? Ring it out elsewhere and then suck it up? Am I missing any steps?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please don't self incriminate.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chromo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Okay, here's a brief description of how to prepare a shot, assuming the type of heroin used does not require an acid to dissolve. There are many subtle variations on the process, so a few tips and tricks my lizard included are a matter of preference.

1) Place heroin in spoon.
2) Add water to spoon (warmer is better).
3) Use a lighter to heat the spoon until you see a few bubbles pop up, preferably shaking the spoon a little with small, quick motions as it heats up to aid mixing.
4) My lizard would recommend using the cotton from a q-tip. Pull off a very tiny bit and roll it into a tight ball between one's fingertips (a single good q-tip end can be used to make a dozen little cotton filters, for an idea of how little one needs).
5) Place the little cotton ball into the liquid in the spoon.
6) Put the tip of the needle on top of the cotton with the bevel or "hole" oriented downward, pressing lightly, and draw up the liquid into the syringe.

As for the subject of the cotton trapping and wasting some, this is the reason to use as small a cotton as possible. Wetting the cotton piece beforehand may possibly reduce the amount of drug trapped. I hope someone else's lizard finds this useful!

Very helpful post.
Old 07-06-2008, 14:01
Palladium Member

Male from United States
bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4

Best advice for the first time to shoot up IS DONT

Ok I will try to elaborate what swib ment for the person below.

If one has never shot up that is a good thing. Shooting up can dramatically change ones life in a bad way. Addiction can happen much more quickly. One is not missing too much if one smokes it, sure there is a bigger rush. One needs to decide if this is worth it. Please look at how it can affect your life and the ones around you. This does not happen to everyone. Everyone does not end up a junky, but does one really want to risk it for a better rush?

If one decides to the above directions are ok. But distilled water is better than tap. one can also pull the filter out a a cigerette instead of a cotton ball. Also pull the needle back a little when its in ones vein if blood apears you hit a vein and push. One could also leave a very small amount of air in the needle when pushing in which creates a vacum and when one sees blood push. Be careful because to much air in the vein can hurt/kill. There can be other health issues if one misses a vein. One can also do a lot of damage if they hit a nerve or muscle.

Good harm reduction post.

Last edited by bman1; 07-06-2008 at 23:27.
Old 07-06-2008, 16:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chromo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1

I'm tired of people posting extraneous, non-helpful, superfluous filler that seems to have no value other than to state the obvious presented as some kind of wisdom in order to jack up one's post count. Not helpful, bman1, if you wanted to make a good post while saying the same thing you could spend some time on it and at least give your reasons behind saying what you have to say, one sentence posts by definition can't have much value.
Old 25-08-2008, 21:58
Banned

Male
Vagisil is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man, yesterday was swims first time shooting dope. swim read a lot of stuff on this site. and on another site too. the high was very good. swim heated it. but then swim was reading somewhere that you shouldn't heat it cause it can destroy some of the H. swim used tap water. and swim rubbed alcohol on the injection site. swim practised a couple of times before actually doing it. making sure he was always in a vein. pulling blood out then putting it back in...it was a very intense high. swim was gonna do it again today. a whole bag. but some of the bag got wet while preparing. lol. swim was soooo mad. but whatever.
Old 19-09-2008, 00:57

Female
belllllaaax should review received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

the air bubble thing- it has2be pretty big to actually do something to harm u but make sure to tap the needle so the bubble goes to the top and u can release it.. just like the doctors (=
Old 01-02-2014, 11:27

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BABO is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman1 View Post
Best advice for the first time to shoot up IS DONT

Ok I will try to elaborate what swib ment for the person below.

If one has never shot up that is a good thing. Shooting up can dramatically change ones life in a bad way. Addiction can happen much more quickly. One is not missing too much if one smokes it, sure there is a bigger rush. One needs to decide if this is worth it. Please look at how it can affect your life and the ones around you. This does not happen to everyone. Everyone does not end up a junky, but does one really want to risk it for a better rush?

If one decides to the above directions are ok. But distilled water is better than tap. one can also pull the filter out a a cigerette instead of a cotton ball. Also pull the needle back a little when its in ones vein if blood apears you hit a vein and push. One could also leave a very small amount of air in the needle when pushing in which creates a vacum and when one sees blood push. Be careful because to much air in the vein can hurt/kill. There can be other health issues if one misses a vein. One can also do a lot of damage if they hit a nerve or muscle.
using filter tip from cigarette is ok i guess but using one that has been smoked can kill you. the tar and nicotine and other residue from the smoke is very toxic and poisonous. I personally wouldnt take the risk at all.

bumping a 6yr old post?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
mikeroberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by belllllaaax View Post
the air bubble thing- it has2be pretty big to actually do something to harm u but make sure to tap the needle so the bubble goes to the top and u can release it.. just like the doctors (=
I found that what she said is true, also the doctors and nurses may do it to get accurate measurements too. When I started doing my own shots for my prescription testosterone, I heard about air bubbles, probably from some cold war spy movie, IDK. The research proved it was more urban legend, then reality.

When I searched the news on google, what few stories I found, they mostly happen from medical complications in hospitals, and the only other was a self administered abortion and that was 50 years ago. It seems to be rare occurrence in the news, I know its more conjecture than a true statistical research.

Only the coronary artery is deadly with small 0.5ml air. I be shock to hear anyone using that location, as explained below. I not advocating you should ever introduce air in your blood stream. There can be non deadly complications from blocking circulation as in an artery may directly stop blood flow to an area fed by the artery.

Here is what I found from Wikipedia. Air embolism
However, experiments in animals [4] show that the amount of gas necessary for this to happen is quite variable. Human case reports suggest that injecting more than 100 mL of air into the venous system at rates greater than 100 mL/s can be fatal.

The amount of arterial gas embolism that causes symptoms depends on location - 2 mL of air in the cerebral circulation can be fatal, while 0.5 mL of air into a coronary artery can cause cardiac arrest.[7][8]

from Wikipedia Coronary artery
The two coronary arteries originate from the left side of the heart at the beginning (root) of the aorta, just after the aorta exits the left ventricle. The left coronary artery originates from the left aortic sinus, while the right coronary artery originates from the right aortic sinus. No artery arises from the posterior aortic sinus.
Old 17-02-2014, 05:52

25 y/o Male from United States
BlowingProudMileHighLoud should review received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Mikeroberts and BABO,

Please read the forums rules. This post is more than 7+ years old and we dont want it brought back up. No harm, but it should probably he closed.

Share this on:

Tags
first time injecting, harm reduction, heroin iv, heroin use, intravenous help, intravenous heroin, iv heroin, safer injecting, safer injecting harm reduction, shoot heroin