Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 27-02-2005, 04:47

spongegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
injecting or snorting ativan (Lorazepam)?

So, is it possible and if it is? how do you do it?
Old 27-02-2005, 21:30
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
mattp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
the best way to take ativan is by putting it underneth your tongue and
letting it absorb into the big veins, without swallowing for 10-20
minutes. snorting it isn't as efficient. as far as shooting it goes,
find something to extract the fillers, and dissolve it in and you're
fine

Old 28-02-2005, 05:04

spongegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
how do you extract the fillers? (Ain't kidding about the newbie label)
thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 01:28

VIKETIME should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3
can u inject ativan? i had something injected into me at the hospital for my surgery once and at the ER a couple times, they said it was similar to valium.. if u have any info on this lemme know.
Old 08-03-2005, 14:09
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Benzhead is captain of the psychonauts.Benzhead is captain of the psychonauts.Benzhead is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 308, Level: 2 Points: 308, Level: 2 Points: 308, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKETIME
can u inject ativan? i had something injected into me at the hospital for my surgery once and at the ER a couple times, they said it was similar to valium.. if u have any info on this lemme know.

It very well could have been Valium(Diazepam), as well as Ativan(Lorazepam) that you were given.

The injectable forms of benzodiazepines differ from the oral forms. I don't have definitive information concerning the formulas for the IV form/sublingual(under the tongue) and common tablets, but they all differ.

It's very risky to inject anything but the IV form, as there are fillers and binders present of unknown substances.

From Martindale:The Complete Drug Reference comes the following:
Quote:
(Lorazepam). A white or almost white, crystalline powder. It exhibits polymorphism. Practically insoluble in water; sparingly soluble in alcohol; sparingly or slightly soluble in dichloromethane. Store in airtight containers. Protect from light.

(Lorazepam). A white or practically white, practically odourless powder. Insoluble in water; sparingly soluble in alcohol; slightly soluble in chloroform. Store in airtight containers. Protect from light.

It doesn't appear that common types of procedures for freebase extraction would work well here.

More fromMartindale's:
Quote:
Solubility.
<DIV =c63 id=_7060-a5-1-z>
<DIV>

The solubility of lorazepam in fluids for intravenous administration (water, glucose injection, lactated Ringer's injection, and sodium chloride injection) was greatest in glucose injection (5%) at 62micrograms/mL and lowest in sodium chloride injection (0.9%) at 27micrograms/mL;<SUP> </SUP>these differences in solubility appeared to be pH related. Commercial injections are reported to contain polyethylene glycol in propylene glycol to overcome this poor solubility. However, precipitation has been noted in solutions prepared by dilution of lorazepam injection with sodium chloride injection (0.9%) to a concentration of 500micrograms/mL. One group of workers have reported that they had overcome such problems with precipitation by using glucose injection (5%) as a diluent and by avoiding final concentrations of lorazepam between 0.08mg/mL and 1mg/mL. It was suggested that the propylene glycol in the mixture might account for the unusual concentration effect. Such recommendations have been adopted by another group although they observed that precipitation occurred if a formulation of lorazepam containing 4mg/mL was used to prepare the injection; no precipitation was noted when a formulation containing 2mg/mL was used. The group also commented that, in the USA, the manufacturers of lorazepam injection advise that admixtures should be prepared with the 2mg/mL formulation only.

RxList shows the following formula for injectable Ativan(Lorazepam):
Quote:
Injection: Lorazepam injection, a benzodiazepine with antianxiety and sedative effects, is intended for intramuscular or intravenous route of administration. Lorazepam is a nearly white powder almost insoluble in water. Each ml of sterile Ativan injection contains either 2.0 or 4.0 mg of lorazepam, 0.18 ml polyethylene glycol 400 in propylene glycol with 2.0% benzyl alcohol as preservative.

I could speculate as to what fillers/binders are used for standard tablets, as well as substances toaid the sublingual variety's absorption, but I will not. When dealing with topics of this variety, certainty is a must.However, it is common to use lactose as a filler in benzo tablets, but I do not know if this is the case with Ativan(Lorazepam).

Short version: Just eat them, or try 'under the tongue' absorption.

T

</DIV></DIV>
Old 11-03-2005, 04:16
Silver Member

brooklyn718 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 233, Level: 2 Points: 233, Level: 2 Points: 233, Level: 2

Snorting ativan does indeed work, Ive seen effects with efery benzo in this route of administration, despite what others have told me. I belive the intoxication is due to the drip though.
Old 11-03-2005, 21:02

27 y/o Male
Psilocybe S. is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4 Points: 705, Level: 4
I wouldnt snort ativan..from my experience, the only pleasnt drugs to snort are uppers. Try and remember that, I use it as my guide. haha.
Old 01-12-2005, 18:04
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasian
how can i find a way to inject diazepam tablets?

You can't! They're full of binders to hold them together in pill form: Imagine what that would do to your veins (not to mention the emboli).

PS: did you even read the rest of this thread? Your question has already been answered.Edited by: jatelka
Old 01-12-2005, 23:24

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4

ativan isnt great atleast at standard doses, i have injected ativan in injectable form but beware of injecting ativan u crushed the fillers are REALLY bad for u, ur likely to get an infection and collapse a vein so just eat em or take em sublingally (under tongue) they dont snort well but hey try for urself.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:24

Kodesh should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Injecting Lorazepam

Last Night I injected myself IM with 2 mg of crushed lorazepam. It was the first time i tryed using a needle and i was kind of bored. I didn't happen to think about fillers or anything until i started reading online. I figured they also would just be absorbed. anyways, it still feels very bruised and it's almost if i can feel a bubble of it still im my muscle. should i be worried about infection or anything else?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Dont be a bad boy and incriminate yourself like that.
Use SWIM instead of "I" to avoid any possible legal problems. SWIM = "Someone Who Isn't Me"
Old 13-01-2006, 12:45
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
I've had valium injected once at the dentist and it was so different 1000 x better I thought they were flurting with me and it was so sexual. I was tripping and I thought the nurse was lying down next to me playing with my face it was like i was in heavin. As soon as it wore off tho I was asking for more and didn't even realise they had done the op. I'd say watch out as i can imagine it is very addictive.

It was mad tho where they injected it I felt it rush up my body like when neo touches the glass in the matrix then it hit my head and I was in la la land. Very nice indead.
Old 05-02-2006, 14:49

34 y/o Male
mark_v is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
SWim got injected Valium at the hospital because they shoved a camera down my throath to look inside my stomach.

Man, that injection hit swim HARD !

Nothing alike when taking Valium orally.

Pure heaven !
Old 05-02-2006, 17:52
Platinum Member & Advisor

40 y/o Male from Canada
Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.Motorhead must live here.
Points: 3,012, Level: 8 Points: 3,012, Level: 8 Points: 3,012, Level: 8
There are always risks when it comes to using a needle recreationally. All swims are masters of their own destinies, they will use the rig if they so decide. This swim thinks that if one does decide to inject there are better things to punch than downers or sleeping pills. play safe.
Old 17-08-2006, 07:42
Iridium Member

41 y/o Male
Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKETIME
I have had ativan injected at the hospital before a procedure recently. I'm thinking it will become the standard because it works without all that unwanted euphoria of valium.

Last edited by Beeker; 17-08-2006 at 07:48.
Old 03-07-2008, 19:54
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Re: injecting or snorting ativan (Lorazepam)?

Lorazepam is actually pretty much water insoluble.

Merck has it a 0.8mg/ml. (Thank-you, Mouse for that gentle nudge , what seems like an awfully long time ago)

The iv/im solution has lorazepam with propylene glycol as the solvent
The 78% bioavailability intranasally also refers to a spray with propylene glycol as the solvent

So no: Mixing pills with water won't work

You know: I'm getting the weirdest sense of deja-vu here, but I just can't find the other thread/s on this
Old 15-07-2008, 15:43

Male
tryptamaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Ativan and valium are both benzosiazopienes and have similair effects. SNorting ativan causes bio-availibility to go down and is not worth it. Injesting could be risky becasue of fillers. Honestly swim thinks poppin them is the best way.
Old 16-07-2008, 17:28

Male
dionysus8522 is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM prefers snorting lorazepam over putting it under his tongue. He has been messing around with that shit for a couple years now, and snorting has definitely given him the results he was looking for. Be careful though, don't go into very busy, populated areas, usually spells trouble. Also, be prepared not to remember a damn thing.

Last edited by dionysus8522; 17-07-2008 at 16:19.
Old 31-10-2008, 20:48
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

For Swim, Lorazepam is a little weaker snorted vs. eaten. Eating on empty stomach feels MUCH stronger than eating with stomach contents. Swim also gets no effects from Sub-L lorazepam.

Swim would like to take brand name Ativan (lorazepam) 1mg tablets and inject them. Would this be a proper method? :

Dissolve in cold water
Filter out fillers
Inject
Old 05-11-2008, 03:02

38 y/o Male
lorzapmail is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1

SWim tells me, Lorzepam is so good, why would you want to put it in your nose? Under tougue or just swallow 2 or 4 mg. You'll be happy,
Old 12-02-2009, 04:04
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

ativan is a dual halogen benzodiazapine, meaning its short acting, removed from the system through glucoordination, and most importantly water soluable (relative to most other benzodiazapines). in fact if swim remembers correctly ativan isnt even lipid soluable, and remains confined to the vascular compartment. though from experience, swim advises against insufflation....it quite often causes nausea.
Old 24-09-2009, 18:29
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41 Points: 83,272, Level: 41
Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7% Activity: 51.7%

More threads about:
Snorting Benzodiazepines like ativan
Injecting Benzodiazepines like ativan
Old 28-09-2009, 14:59
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Dr. Amapola is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

SWIM wouldn't advise injecting ativan or any other pills for the same reasons stated by the other members. It's just not safe. You won't die, but you can cause irrepairable damage to your body.

SWIM has taken and been prescribed all the common benzos; Xanax, Valium, Kolonopin, and Ativan.

In his opinion, Ativan sucks for recreational purposes. Of all the benzos, it is metabolized the slowest, which means it is the slowest acting and is slow to be absorbed. It was designed this way for a reason; Ativan is slow-acting in order to make it less addictive and less desirable than other more fast-acting benzos.

The best recreational (ones you take for fun) benzos are the fastest-acting ones; Xanax and Kolonopin work the fastest.
Old 08-10-2009, 23:32

24 y/o Male from United States
Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.Boca Bitch probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3 Points: 493, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggy View Post
I've had valium injected once at the dentist and it was so different 1000 x better I thought they were flurting with me and it was so sexual. I was tripping and I thought the nurse was lying down next to me playing with my face it was like i was in heavin. As soon as it wore off tho I was asking for more and didn't even realise they had done the op. I'd say watch out as i can imagine it is very addictive.

It was mad tho where they injected it I felt it rush up my body like when neo touches the glass in the matrix then it hit my head and I was in la la land. Very nice indead.
HAHA... yeah. SWIM once had extreme hypokalemia (low potassium levels), and a panic attack on top of it. So he ran his ass to the ER. First they did blood tests, administered a beta-blocker to lower BP, then 5mgs. diazepam IV. A few minutes later the doc asked if my anxiety had subsided, SWIM lied and said "only slightly" so the doc ordered for 5 more mgs. of diazepam.

SWIM is gay, but lemme tell ya, with 10mgs. diazepam IV in his system, he was laughing and flirting with the female nurses. That shit is hella strong when injected IV.
Old 26-06-2011, 20:36
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BlondieUK is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I was withdrawing from H + Oxycontin so aswell as vomiting etcI had fits and whatnot, within 5 minutes of getting an emergency bed I heard the doctor say "5mgof ValiumIV NOW!",theyshot meup with a syringge full\of pink liquidbwhich must have been Vali..anyway after that I felt tired but totally with it.. whatever they gave me worked for the time being.
Old 14-02-2012, 02:52

29 y/o Male from United States
raven76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

This is for everyone who is thinking about injecting something that was originally in a pill form.

Don't.

You may have had (Diazepam, Midazolam, Ativan, Haldol, Sodium Phenopentobarbital, Etc,) injected into you in the hospital or wherever. That does not mean there's some dirty little tech behind a curtain crushing up some pills to put in a syringe and jam directly into your circulation.

there are formulations (of all of the above) directly for IM, IV, or SQ use. These are fine for that. Do not put random things into your veins. I'm not trying to "Fox Special" you, but it's just a bit more hazardous than letting your liver figure out what something is before letting it go into your brain and do whatever it is you want it to do.

Think random chunk of whatever-attracts antibody-forms thrombus-lodges in brain-stroke

now try explaining your day off school-with half your brain.

Share this on:

Tags
injecting, injecting benzodiazepines, injecting lorazepam, intravenous injection, lorazepam, snorting benzodia, snorting drugs