Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 01-06-2008, 21:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
suffering_soul should review received reputation comments.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Heroin Withdrawal/Tylenol 3 question

Hello, from September 07-March 08, SWIM was addicted to all sorts of opiates/opiods, especially Oxymorphone and Oxycodone, until those connections failed and he became addicted to hydrocodone. Anyway, SWIM had lost a lot of weight, as he was constantly going through binges, and then dealing with the terrible withdrawal symptoms. Everyone became worried about SWIM, and he had to get clean. So he did.

But then SWIM's good friend found a heroin connection on May 4th, of 2008. Since then, SWIM did it about once a week, until the 24th of May when SWIMs friend bought a gram with his graduation money.

On the first day, SWIM snorted two small packets each containing a line, but they were small, which pissed SWIM off. On the second day SWIM and his friend went to get the gram and drove up to get it with experienced users. SWIM shot up (using brand new clean needles purchased at wallgreens). Well actually the experienced user shot SWIM up.

SWIM had never felt a greater rush in his life. He had no idea. SWIM was high for a very long time, and SWIM and his lady friend snorted a few lines throughout the night, since SWIM was afraid he'd OD if he shot up again.

The next day, SWIM kept missing the vein, so he snorted a line in the afternoon, and then in the evening shot up, although he barely felt it that time and was disapointed.

The following days, he just snorted some, until it all ran out last night.

SWIM knew he shouldn't use it for more that 2 days, as to not get a mild addiction, but SWIM used for 5 days in a row. On the 3rd and 4th day, when he wasn't using it,he would feel terrible.

SWIM is used to opiate withdrawal, especially from oxymorphone, it was terrible.

Anyway, today SWIM had very bad anxiety, and was having heart palpitations, as well as his muscles aching, etc... His pupils were also huge and his eyes were very teary.

SWIMS friends girlfriend gave him 8 Tylenol 3's to help with the withdrawal. SWIM took 3 at once so far, but he is wondering if that is a mistake?

SWIM wants to get back to not using opiates, and just smoking cannabis. Will taking these Tylenol 3's make my withdrawal worse when they run out?

SWIM last snorted a packets worth of heroin at 9PM, and it's 5:14pm the following day, so it still hasn't been 24 hours?

This is SWIMs first time withdrawaling from heroin, and he is very scared. How should he go about using the Tylenol 3s? Will SWIM become addicted to codeine and then withdrawal from both at once?

Please help.

suffering_soul added 250 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

UPDATE:
About an hour after taking the initial 3 Tylenol 3's, SWIMs heroin sickness went away for the most part. In fact, SWIM experienced a mild opiate high, and he noticed his pupils were small.

About 4 1/2 hours later, SWIM noticed that his stomach was starting to get upset again, and that he was beginning to yawn, and feel sick, so he knew that his withdrawal was starting again so he took another 3 Tylenol 3's. That was an hour ago, and swim is not high, but very itchy.

SWIM wants to know if he is making a mistake by using these to help the heroin withdrawals. SWIM also wants to know how long until the worst is usually over, and how it is.

Again, this is the first time SWIM is experiencing heroin withdrawal. In the past, oxymorphone is the worst withdrawal SWIM has experienced, with SWIM feeling like he was dying, and so sick. When SWIM would experience oxycodone withdrawal, it was more goosebumps and cold chills, and a runny nose, but it was still hell, just a different kind.

SWIM is wondering how long he will be experiencing this, and if he is making his addiction worse by using Tylenol 3's to take away the pain.

suffering_soul added 1118 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

SWIM had terrible insomnia/couldn't get comfortable last night. SWIM also woke up sweaty and freezing, with goosebumps all over his skin. SWIM went to the bathroom and had the shits, but felt a little better afterwards, once he smoked some cannabis.

SWIM went through most of the day before taking 3 Tylenol 3's. He took them two hours ago, and is just starting to feel them now.

SWIM finds that the codeine helps with the goosebumps, and stomach problems, as well as the watery eyes, and yawning, however he still feels fatigued and his bones and muscles are still sore.

Today is SWIMs second day without heroin after using sparingly for a month until leading up to a 5 day binge. SWIM wants to know how long he should be using the Codeine to help the heroin withdrawal. He also still needs to know if 90mg of codeine at a time, is too much to help withdrawal. Is he going to become addicted to codeine and then withdrawal from that?!?

Last edited by suffering_soul; 01-06-2008 at 21:05. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-06-2008, 22:46

31 y/o Female from United Kingdom
nicelymixedup should review received reputation comments.
Re: Heroin Withdrawal/Tylenol 3 question

as far i as i know 90 mg of codeine is enough in itsef to cause a habit? you need to treat very carefully here, have you considered getting some expert advice?
Old 01-06-2008, 23:43

Male

I can't get expert advise as I am 18, still living at home, with no job, money, or medical insurance.

I just need to know when I should quit taking the codeine to ease withdrawal from the heroin. Tomorrow will be my 3rd day without heroin. I plan on taking 2 codeines at a time instead of 3, and then down to 1, until I can go without taking any. Is that safe? Or by taking the codeine, am I just going to withdrawal terrible once I stop taking the codeine, since 10% of it turns into morphine, and heroin turns into morphine, so theoretically I haven't stopped taking morphine... and my addiction is to morphine not heroin, so I understand?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:26
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,093, Level: 8 Points: 3,093, Level: 8 Points: 3,093, Level: 8

tapering the codeine dose is a good idea, eventually SWIY will have to stick it out anyway.
Old 02-06-2008, 16:59

yes yes i see what yousaying you havent stopped taking the morphine but your chipping down on it, alot of people try your way... i just think to be safe have you thought about having a friend with you, someone who doesnt use that can maybe keep an eye on you, taking all these meds on your own without your parents kwowing...if thats the case? be strong hey im here you can always talk to me, i think it would be really irresponsible of me to condone any thing your about to take or do just im not expert on paramacuticals, etc i know drugs but i know only my own body everyone is so difficult what works for me will kill another person, i know my meth prescription would kill most elephants lol

nicelymixedup added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

the having to stick it out anyway is so true, sometimes i think we are experts at prolongin our own agony x

Last edited by nicelymixedup; 02-06-2008 at 16:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-06-2008, 19:33
Banned

Male
Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.

SWIM does not recommend that SWIy use the codeine. If SWIy wants off then SWIy should just stay off. Yes SWIy will suffer. But the codeine just prolongs the inevitable. In SWIM's opinion.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43

Male

SWIM has gone through terrible withdrawals from oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and oxycodone in the past, so he's familiar with withdrawal. The Tylenol 3's do seem to help get over the worse part, and then eventually SWIMs symptoms aren't nearly as bad.

Unfortunately SWIM didn't get through it, as he did heroin again. He also did it again tonight, and may do it again tomorrow, as his best friend is moving away and wants to have one more special moment with her.

Is SWIM correct in that the 3rd day of withdrawal the worst is over? SWIM has only been able to get to the third day, before doing heroin again. The first two days, SWIM has aches and pains, the shits, stomach pains, loss of appetite, etc... but is able to get through most of the day. He doesn't suffer that bad, it just sucks.

SWIM wants to know if after the 3rd day of withdrawal if things will be a lot better?

SWIM hates the fact that he even started using heroin, but he did. SWIM shot it up twice throughout his heroin career, but does not want to do that again, because of how amazing it was. SWIM has been fine with snorting it, even though he's not getting the most out of it.

SWIM has just been very depressed, with his best friend moving, and it has been so easy to just get high and not be sad, but SWIM doesn't want to go back to being sick all the time. Cannabis is SWIMs passion and main drug of choice, and he wants to get back to being clean (besides cannabis).

SWIM will not get addicted to the tylenol 3's as he only takes them to stop the chills and diarhea. When SWIM attempted to get clean a few days ago, he noticed that on the 2nd day, he felt a lot better, even without Tylenol 3's.
Old 05-06-2008, 13:31
Banned

Male
Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.Lobsang really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Unfortunately SWIM didn't get through it, as he did heroin again. He also did it again tonight, and may do it again tomorrow, as his best friend is moving away and wants to have one more special moment with her.
One part of SWIy wants to stop as an idea. But a big part does not want to stop. At this point SWIy's prognosis is poor for getting clean. Someday SWIy may be ready. When SWUy is then taking codeine and having "special moments" will be no option. And no SWIy you cannot detox from herion with codeine. And as far as withdrawl. It can be very long. When SWIy is really serious about quitting he will put down all opium. That is the only way out. The only way. The only way.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:24

Male

When SWIM takes the codeine, he doesn't even feel like he is taking a drug to get high. He is just using it, because about an hour after taking them, his stomach no longer feels like shit, and his pupils aren't huge and teary, and he feels better. When SWIM was using them, he wouldn't even take them as soon as his withdrawal started again, he would only wait until he felt he really could benefit from them.

SWIMs friend also is now gone, so SWIM really has no excuses anymore to be able to keep doing it... He is 18, with no job, and still lives at home. His family is tired of him doing nothing with his life, and he doesn't know how much longer they will put up with it. The best thing for SWIM is to get a job, and stop getting fucked up and ignoring things... It's just hard for SWIM, because it's taking the easy way out, and he's always tried taking the easy way out of things... but it's time for him to grow up. He doesn't want to, but who does? He just has to, like everyone else...

SWIM just payed double the price, for his friends last packet. We both won't have any money for more for a while, and SWIM shouldn't even want to try to get anymore. He needs a break, and needs to get clean for a while, before he does it again. He needs to get his life together.

SWIM would appreciate advice and support from other people who are going through the same struggle, he just needs people who actually understand what he's going through, as most of SWIMs friends don't do it like he does.
Old 08-06-2008, 23:45

it is the only way your so right, gosh.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin withdrawals, making heroin, snorting drugs, snorting heroin, withdrawals