Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 04:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Ididnotinhale should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
How to stop nodding

Does anyone know of a good way to stop nodding so swimmers can study or talk to others without loosing the good feeling of opiates.

Also, in a similar fashion, does anyone know how to quickly sober up in case swim has to talk to a boss, teacher...etc

thanks
P.S. Swim has looked all over the website and hasn't found anything, but if anyone has a link swim would love to see that.

Last edited by Alfa; 13-12-2010 at 01:33. Reason: reverted
Old 12-05-2008, 18:52
Banned

92 y/o Male from United States
Tony Williams is on the way upTony Williams is on the way upTony Williams is on the way up
Re: How to stop nodding

I don't think there is a way, once it's in SWIY's system, blood/brain it's there. SWIY'll be high on it which I believe restricts or lessens the movement in SWIYs neck area and eyes .... which is why SWIY nods foreward and SWIYs eyes are droopy.

Apart from detoxs there isn't a way from getting it from SWIYs system and that's not going to happen over the course of a few minutes/hours.

SWIM would keep it to weekends or when your not going to need your soborness. I'm sorry but I don't think it's possible what SWIY asked for.
Old 12-05-2008, 20:08
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

the only option is to take less. and self control.

Post Quality Evaluations:
this is true but some what of a false dilemma
Old 13-05-2008, 05:49

Male
Ididnotinhale should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Swim is actually asking this because he is prescribed an opiate along with a benzo, he does not abuse his drugs, but if his PTSD really takes control and he is forced to take the full dose of benzos it can put him into a light not. This is fine, but very embarassing if he is called out to do something and very difficult if a few hours later he has to study.

Any suggestions that would help with either the opiate or the benzo would be very helpful. Thank you.
Old 13-05-2008, 09:08
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unfortunately both benzo and opii drugs will make a person drowsy. There is almost nothing one can do about this other than to take other drugs which may have the reverse effects (like speed, meth, etc) but this is in no way suggested or recommended.

Taking an opii with an amphetamine can be dangerous. This is a practice called "speed balling" and has been lethal in quite a number of cases.

Since there is no easy answer for this and SWIyou are taking the medications for a legitimate reason then there should be allowances in place for the person in question. Talk to a boss, supervisor or teacher and explain SWIyour ailment and the medications SWIyou are required to take and some allowances or an arrangement could probably be made.

Hope this has been of help
Old 28-09-2008, 13:50

Male
Dr. Mario needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

In my experience, the best way to stop nodding is to take some dexadrine, or any other perscription stimulant. It gives you the enrgy you want, and the opiates take away the weird anxiety from stimulants. So you're chilled out, but on track. Plus stimulants and pods each have a nice body high which doesn't hurt..
Old 28-09-2008, 15:41

Male
tryptamaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

dude jsut dont use enogh opiate to get on the nod if u know ur gonna have to function. when im on the nod im like halfway asleep and in a dream consosnes. the only real avice thats safe here is take less of the meds.
Old 28-09-2008, 18:53
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.G_nome probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3 Points: 375, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididnotinhale View Post
Also, in a similar fashion, does anyone know how to quickly sober up in case swim has to talk to a boss, teacher...etc

My cat says buprenorphine may help with this. SWIM had some once whilst on heroin, sobered SWIM up instantly. In fact it put SWIM into withdrawls, which wasn't so good he says. But if you're not an addict you obviously won't get withdrawls, just sober.

But i'm not 100% sure on this, I'm sure some other nice folk will know better than I.
Old 28-09-2008, 21:18
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

Caffeine, nicotine, or a various nootropics/mental aid would prove useful.

Swim has experienced issues from combinations of benzos and opioids, usually an annoying "narcolepsy" like effect much less controllable than nodding. Can be very problematic.
Old 29-09-2008, 02:31
Silver Member

65 y/o Male
Figaro is a decent psychonaut.Figaro is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2 Points: 156, Level: 2

A very small amount of naloxone, which is an opiate antagonist. Do not take a lot, find out what the little bit is in terms of dose.

Naloxone is use to bring people around when they over dose. The situation is that about 10mL to 4mL will usually bring someone up that over dose. My guess, but it is only a guess that you should take about 1ml or less and see if it brings you to stop nod without making you sick.

Naloxone usually last about 4 hours, so if you are on Methadone, after the 4th hours you methadone should catch up.

Post Quality Evaluations:
dangerous advice
Old 29-09-2008, 04:38
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
A very small amount of naloxone, which is an opiate antagonist. Do not take a lot, find out what the little bit is in terms of dose.

Naloxone is use to bring people around when they over dose. The situation is that about 10mL to 4mL will usually bring someone up that over dose. My guess, but it is only a guess that you should take about 1ml or less and see if it brings you to stop nod without making you sick.

Naloxone usually last about 4 hours, so if you are on Methadone, after the 4th hours you methadone should catch up.
Um...Why would someone administer naloxone to prevent nodding? Naloxone would throw them straight into withdrawals, no?
Old 29-09-2008, 04:49
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveleggedrat View Post
Um...Why would someone administer naloxone to prevent nodding? Naloxone would throw them straight into withdrawals, no?
yes indeed it would
Old 29-09-2008, 06:12
Silver Member

65 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinwill View Post
yes indeed it would

I am guessing like you are that their is a dose level that will throw them straight into withdrawals.

I gave what I thought was the "normal" dose. If you use tiny doses, I am almost willling to bet that it will not put you straight into withdrawals, but blocks just enought to stop the nod.

YOu are assuming that all dose levels do the same thing.
Old 29-09-2008, 06:41
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Well instead of suggesting someone who wants to reduce nodding risk instant withdrawal and a very lousy experience, why don't you provide a source?
Old 29-09-2008, 11:48
Silver Member

65 y/o Male

Quote:
Well instead of suggesting someone who wants to reduce nodding risk instant withdrawal and a very lousy experience, why don't you provide a source?

No body else did, and I have no attachement whether he or you do it or not.

1st, we don't even know if this guy is addicted to oopiates.

You are the one that is assuming that he will go into instant withdrawal.

He is interested, he could do the further research and look for the sources. All I do is give a suggestion, he can or not try.

This is as far as I am willing to do the seach. I have bottel of Naloxone at home. Read the extenal instruccion and the dose. I guess I "forgot" to add on my post "shoot at your own risk".

The name of the manufacturer pharmaceutical is Hospira, Inc.b find their telephone number and he can ask them about what is calll the threashold between just becoming a tiny bit active and going it to full blown withdrawal.

Figaro added 28 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

http://www.drugs.com/pro/naloxone-injection.html

Naloxone has not been shown to produce tolerance or cause physical or psychological dependence. In the presence of physical dependence on opioids, Naloxone will produce withdrawal symptoms. However, in the presence of opioid dependence, opiate withdrawal symptoms may appear within minutes of Naloxone administration and will subside in about 2 hours. The severity and duration of the withdrawal syndrome are related to the dose of Naloxone and to the degree and type of opioid dependence. I am willing to bet that one can do enough Naloxone not to start withdrawal symptoms at very tiny doses.

It also comes in a Spray can for nostral use. I have known that at very tiny doses, one will wake up the person from an over dose, and not beging much withdrawl symtoms.

Last edited by Figaro; 29-09-2008 at 11:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-09-2008, 15:11
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute

first off, what makes you think that by administrating a tiny dose of naloxone, that it will stop nodding but leave the high intact? if it didn't send you into instant withdrawal, then it might diminish the high and then you are correct that you aren't nodding since you aren't high

furthermore, if i remember correctly, i don't think it matters if someone is addicted to opiates or not if administered enough naloxone, it will still send them into instant withdrawal since naloxone is an antogonist and will throw off any opiates on the recepter sites and replace them with the naloxone.....for example, if someone shot up heroin for the first time ever, and did enough to OD but was administered Narcan (which is naloxone), that would send them into instant withdrawal thus probably saving their life since the naloxone is ripping the opiates that are attached to the recepter sites

also, just did some searching and found from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15781505 that
Quote:
Opioids are frequently associated with side effects such as nausea, vomiting, and pruritus. We hypothesized that a prophylactic, continuous small-dose naloxone infusion would reduce the incidence of opioid-induced side effects without affecting analgesia or opioid consumption. In this prospective, double-blind, randomized, controlled clinical trial, we studied 46 postoperative patients (M:F, 21:25), averaging 14 +/- 2.5 yr and 53 +/- 17 kg, at the start of morphine IV patient-controlled analgesia. Patients were randomized to either saline (control, n = 26) or naloxone 0.25 microg . kg(-1) . h(-1) (n = 20). We found that the incidence and severity of pruritus (77% versus 20%; P < 0.05) and nausea (70% versus 35%; P < 0.05) was significantly more frequent in the placebo group compared with the naloxone group. Morphine consumption (1.02 +/- 0.41 mg . kg(-1) . d(-1) versus 1.28 +/- 0.61 mg . kg(-1) . d(-1)), pain scores at rest (4 +/- 2 versus 3 +/- 2), and pain scores with coughing (6 +/- 2 versus 6 +/- 2) were not different. We conclude that, in children and adolescents, a small-dose naloxone infusion (0.25 microg . kg(-1) . h(-1)) can significantly reduce the incidence and severity of opioid-induced side effects without affecting opioid-induced analgesia. When initiating morphine IV patient-controlled analgesia for the treatment of moderate to severe pain, clinicians should strongly consider starting a concomitant small-dose naloxone infusion.
now given that was for children, but I am just going out on a hunch and hypothesizing that the same would work for adults if one was to up the dose slightly
Old 29-09-2008, 15:56
Silver Member

65 y/o Male

Don't do it, it was only a suggestion for exploration.

I have taken little tiny amounts of naltoxon and I have not had any "negative" full blown withdrawl like you say. But has lower my heroin high for a while.

That is all it did, dimish the high, but if you are expecting not to nod, it will diminish the high. That is all, I Know where there is three bottoesl of Naloxone I experimented with.

You mean if you are not a heroin addict, if you use naloxone, it will react with your natural opiates and put you into instant withdrawl? that has not been my experience. Allthough I hear that it does happen.

You might be right, but I have not had that experience when I experimented on myself.
Old 29-09-2008, 17:18
Banned

28 y/o Male

I wasn't talking about natural opiates in the brain....someone mentioned that you had to be addicted to opiates and if naloxone is administrated, then it would send you into withdrawal ONLY if you were addicted to opiates and high at the time.....this isn't true as one could do opiates for the first time ever and need Narcan (the naloxone) to bring them back from an OD if say they misjudged how much to take of an opiate

also, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. I was just pointing out what is known about naloxone and such....I mean its a great exploration idea and if one were to explore it, then come back on here and state as such....However, if one hasn't explored the idea, then remember to state that its just an idea as your first post in this thread said
Quote:

Last edited by chillinwill; 29-09-2008 at 17:23.
Old 29-09-2008, 17:27
Gold Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medlinejon-q must mainline Medline
Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryptamaster View Post
dude jsut dont use enogh opiate to get on the nod if u know ur gonna have to function. when im on the nod im like halfway asleep and in a dream consosnes. the only real avice thats safe here is take less of the meds.
BINGO! Swim can't believe what hes reading advice from taking naloxone to speedballing(which is super by the way swiy s/gecko)
If swiy knows there going to be in a situation where "Going on the nod" is going to cause potential problems,then simply reduce the amount of opiate/benzos (which isn't the safest of combos by the way)
If swiy is taking these for medical reasons,Then swiy needs to go and discuss these problems with there Dr,and a more suitable type of opiate/opiod could be tried Eg:methadone,controled realease morphine,df 118 and an alternative to the benzos at least while your at work/school e.t.c may be found..
Failing that wash your face with very cold water this usually works for swim..

Last edited by jon-q; 29-09-2008 at 17:39.
Old 30-09-2008, 00:31
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Swim finds staying physically active and moving can cancel out most nodding except at very high doses.

On the whole naloxone thing, having opioids in one's brain (we aren't talking endorphins here) when being administered naloxone is instant w/d, as the opioids are forcibly removed from the brain's receptors, which the naloxone then occupies.

Swim is not in any hurry to find out firsthand how naloxone will affect him while having something in him.
Old 30-09-2008, 00:51
Silver Member

65 y/o Male

Well, I am not a doctor nor an "expert" on Nalaxone. I can only tell you what the swiming fish was doing, what he did and what was his experience in the matter. Does not make me no expert, only some dude with an experience, and I have not done any large research on it. Given that their was only one fish swiming in the pond at the time.

Figaro added 12 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I wasn't talking about natural opiates in the brain....someone mentioned that you had to be addicted to opiates and if naloxone is administrated, then it would send you into withdrawal ONLY if you were addicted to opiates and high at the time.....this isn't true as one could do opiates for the first time ever and need Narcan (the naloxone) to bring them back from an OD if say they misjudged how much to take of an opiate

Well, you know what, I also thought that you had to be addicted before you went on withdrawls with nalaxone. The swiming fish I know, tooks as little as deeping the needle of the syringe inside the bottle with the rubber and just weting the needle to taking tiny amount. Like the first line in a 1cc syringe. and did not go through violent withdrawl or any thing like that.

If you wish, I could read you what is in the side of the box the bottle come in?!?! the swiming fish can even read you the bar code if you wish. Naaaaaaaaaaa, the last one is not true, but it is there.

I am only assuming that their might also be different individuals different reaction on medication and I admit not too know what other will react to.

Last edited by Figaro; 30-09-2008 at 00:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-09-2008, 00:52
Palladium Member

Male from United States

Yeah, I'm not trying to attack you or anything so you know. Nothing personal here, this is all research to Swim. Just did not make sense from everything Swim has read and been told.

Swim wants to procure naloxone to experiment with when sober. Hear some interesting things can come of it.
Old 30-09-2008, 02:32
Banned

28 y/o Male

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not trying to attack you or anything so you know. Nothing personal here, this is all research to Swim. Just did not make sense from everything Swim has read and been told.

Swim wants to procure naloxone to experiment with when sober. Hear some interesting things can come of it.
what do you mean by interesting things can come out of it when sober? SWIM is just curious as to what SWIY means by this
Old 30-09-2008, 02:58
Palladium Member

Male from United States

I have heard that injection of opioid antagonists into one sober can produce opioid effects.

This is purely heresay, though. I have no verification of it whatsoever. Swim often becomes lab monkey to heresay.
Old 30-09-2008, 03:20
Palladium Member

Male
infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.infekt really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4

^^ I don't know about that, but I have heard it can potentiate the effects of LSD and dmt. But that's heresay too. Who knows!

I know one thing for sure, swim would not like to play around with the stuff, not after his experiences with it

Share this on:

Tags
counteract nodding, nodding, nodding off, nodding out, opiate, opiates, opioid, sober, speed