Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-05-2008, 16:28

Male
Vandire should review received reputation comments.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How to identify Heroin?

Swim says:

Hello.
I've recently found a little satchet with brown powder. Is there any way of doing a quick test to find out whether it is heroin or not? It looks like it, but I haven't used/seen H before so I couldn't tell. I don't want to seem paranoid either, just intrigued ^^
Thanks.

Post Quality Evaluations:
self incrimination please read the rules
pls do not self incriminate

Last edited by Helene; 29-01-2010 at 21:18. Reason: self incrimination
Old 04-05-2008, 16:45
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Re: How to identify Heroin?

The best way to test it would be to put a small amount on a bit of tin foil, put a flame to the tin foil first to burn the shite off it and then put a tiny bit on the foil and put a flame to it from underneath. If it melts like wax in to a brown/red "beetle" and it smells like candy then it's probably heroin.

I am not going to give instructions on how to smoke it, i am sure that information can be found if they want to do it, but i don't want to encourage its use. Personally i think it's a bad idea to try and use this alone without anyone there with experience, even although it is nearly impossible to overdose with smoking heroin, if someone does it wrong then i suppose it's possible for a first timer. Well maybe not overdose as such, but possibly intoxicated enough to end up choking on their own vomit or something.

The other thing is, this forum has rules about self incrimination, most people here use SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) personally i hate internet acronyms including that one, so i use 'my fiend' instead of i and 'some one' instead of you.
Old 04-05-2008, 18:53

Male
Vandire should review received reputation comments.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

Swim says:

Thanks for the reply. I'll try it out, although it shouldn't be heroin, hopefully

Last edited by Helene; 29-01-2010 at 21:18. Reason: self incrimination
Old 04-06-2008, 20:39
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
teddybearpicnics is captain of the psychonauts.teddybearpicnics is captain of the psychonauts.teddybearpicnics is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1

taste it...smell it, if it smells like a box of bandaids or vinegar or kind of vitimany...or tastes bitter and like vitamines or like a dull whole grain cereal it's prob heroin.
Old 16-06-2008, 18:14
Banned

Male
wearestardust is a decent psychonaut.wearestardust is a decent psychonaut.

If it smells like vinegar then it's so low-grade that I wouldn't touch it.
Best to do the melting into a 'beetle' thing and smelling. Very distinctive. Not unpleasant.
SWIWAS suggests always to use rolled-up foil as your 'tooter', never card or a pen, because the stuff that collects on the tooter is much stronger than the original bit.
WAS
Old 21-06-2008, 14:08
Titanium Member

41 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.mickenator is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 900, Level: 4 Points: 900, Level: 4 Points: 900, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Best thing for swiy to do if you never touched the stuff before is just flush it down the toilet.

only if beginners didn't have to find out the hard way
Old 25-06-2008, 05:19
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

does heroin smell like opium? because swim picked up some opium, then a week later there was someone selling H saying it was O, and swim was just curious if he got what he intended to get.
Old 26-06-2008, 03:38
Banned

Male

No, it does not smell like opium except in a very tiny way. How on earth can anybody confuse the two though? There IS a type of heroin which looks odd; very dark and able to be stuck together easier than the usual Heroin #3 that is most common, which is a powder, light tan in colour and pressed into 250g blocks. This dark heroin has been mistaken for opium but runs on the foil like skag and doesn't have the bitter-sweet odour of opium. SWIWAS has only seen that gear three or four times in 32 years; it can be surprisingly strong.

Heroin #4, the Thai White, of which the most famous brand was 'Double Globe', also in 250g blocks, is hardly ever seen in the Northern Hemisphere nowadays. It requires a base powder added to smoke, but unlike Heroin #3, made for smoking, is water-soluble for injection and does not require citric or ascorbic acid to break it down and clear the solution.

The biggest difference from opium though is that refinement seems to remove the 'dreamy' part of the opium experience. Then again if you're using the skag, you're more after the 'dunt' and the 'gouch' that follows than the entry into Xanadu afforded by opium.

Just try not to use two days running and avoid a habit. SWIWAS has had to battle his demons several times over those 32 years and it is not a very pleasant ten days(feels like ten times ten times ten!). Oh, and snort or smoke in preference to IV. The needle is the downfall.

We just happen to be Stardust
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.drug-bot must live here.
Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5 Points: 1,405, Level: 5

put a`little on your tounge if it tastes like vitamine b12, its proberly h.
Old 06-07-2008, 19:46

Male
rhudson is a decent psychonaut.rhudson is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1 Points: 143, Level: 1

Heroin won't necessarily taste like vitamin B-12 unless it's cut with that (which is not uncommon). The aluminum foil test is probably the best method for someone who wants to do it quickly and easily. SWIY can also go to the store and get heroin testing kits which will allow you to determine if what SWIY has is the real deal.

SWIM would do the following:

1) Visual inspection.

2) Foil test. Be sure you see white smoke and it melts into a dark beetle looking blob.

3) Taste a little. It should be very bitter if it's even remotely pure. It should not significantly numb your toung like cocaine unless it's cut with a numbing agent (unlikely).

4) Try to dissolve some in water. It should dissolve easily (H number 4) or with the addition of citric acid (H number 3).

5) Try a very small amount and check for common signs of heroin intoxication, e.g. constricted pupils, etc.

IF SWIY DOES NOT KNOW THE PURITY OF HIS OR HER DOPE, HE SHOULD START WITH A VERY VERY SMALL DOSE.

Good advice on how to identify heroin
Old 10-07-2008, 23:37
Banned

Male

Just thought that I would mention that this is the first time I have ever seen an American use the word 'beetle' to describe the blob of dark, melted heroin on the foil! I always thought that term was a very British thing; nice to see the word coming from over the Pond!
And of course the COLOUR of the beetle is most important in determining the purity or not of the substance on your foil. If it is an orangey-red when run down the foil, then the chances are that it's VERY low-grade, cut to fuck with 'bash' or paracetamol. It should really be quite dark and when taken off the foil, not sticky in the least and definitely not overly transparent.
'Bash', by the way, is the subject of much speculation. The best I have heard is that it is the powder from which undertakers make a certain type of embalming fluid! Nice idea, but probably apocryphal. Bash isn't cheap either; it has been noted for sale here to middle-market dealers as a cutting agent at around half the price of the smack itself. Mannitol is also used quite widely. Still, profiteers such as have been more and more evident over the past ten to fifteen years must increase their filthy profit margins by quite a lot if they even add 25% bash to a batch of decent gear... average purity according to forensic reports SWIWAS has seen is nowadays around 54% whereas ten years ago, Afghan kit was never much less than 65-70%. At least in Aberdeen, one of the heroin capitals of the world. And crack, too. At least the gear is always better quality in that area than in the likes of Edinburgh and Glasgow.
North Sea Oil money, anybody?
Nobody interested in Thai/Burmese kit any more?
WAS

Last edited by wearestardust; 10-07-2008 at 23:45. Reason: Spelling and a small additonal sentence.
Old 21-07-2008, 21:52

30 y/o Female from United States
classyfashh should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Uhm. Simple. Shoot it up, snort it, or smoke it. Then read the effects of Heroin on here and see if you feel that way. lmao

wtf that is horrible advice
Terrible advice. What if it isn't heroin and something dangerous, or not even a drug at all? This is bad harm reduction advice
The worst advice I have had the displeasure of reading here. Side-effects? Overdose, possibly death? This powder could be ANYTHING!!
awful advice, don't tell an inexperienced user to just snort/shoot/whatever something he hasn't yet quite identified...!
Quite possibly the WORST advice I'd ever read on DF
Old 22-07-2008, 00:06
Mercury Member

33 y/o Male from Australia
frankz81 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

not worth risking ur life if u ask me, if u do wanna be safe and conservative about it, injecting should be swiy's last option
Old 28-01-2010, 23:11
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
teddybearpicnics is captain of the psychonauts.teddybearpicnics is captain of the psychonauts.teddybearpicnics is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1

Okay this is just too funny for swim to not post here..well swim came home for a minute to see family, and someone left a needle in his car, well his dad went out to look and make sure the oil and shit was straight, and to take back his jumper cables, and the needle was sitting in a glasses case...he found it, and the person never pushed out the water when they rinsed the syringe out, swim told him that it was just water because his dad was like "I found your heroin" and showed it to him...well his dad googles "identifying heroin" and the FIRST link was a link to this thread, and low and behold TEDDYBEARPICNICS was the 4th post, and swims dad knows that is what he goes by on the interweb....what the FUCK are the chances.
Old 29-01-2010, 01:15
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BumpBump is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 160, Level: 2 Points: 160, Level: 2 Points: 160, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearestardust View Post
Just thought that I would mention that this is the first time I have ever seen an American use the word 'beetle' to describe the blob of dark, melted heroin on the foil! I always thought that term was a very British thing; nice to see the word coming from over the Pond!
Swim has had to tell the younger generation in the uk of what the term beatle means lol.

Swim says test on foil, then the rest is upto swiy
Old 29-01-2010, 04:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
fuelBrain is a decent psychonaut.fuelBrain is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2

send it to me, I'll tell you if it's heroin hah...... just kidding, but no really, be careful

Share this on:

Tags
chasing the dragon, heroin id, heroin identification, heroin purity, heroin quality, smoke heroin, smoking heroin, snorting drugs