Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-04-2008, 05:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
ne_clambaker should review received reputation comments.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Snorting adderall doesn't work

pretty much every time i snort my shit (i just switched from metadate, which is ritalin, to adderall, both extended release) i get no effects, although stupidly i continue trying, hoping ill get what i experienced a couple of times. Is there some technique to snorting that i dont have mastered or some shit? I mean i know what its like to be fucked up on ritalin from having my dose upped, and i snorted my dads a long time ago and got a satisfactory mindfuck, and then my first day with the adderall i took 60mg xr up the nose and felt some of the effects for a while throughout the day, but all the other times, snorting 30mg of adderall xr or 30mg of metadate cd(idk what that is but its basically xr) didnt do anything, even with other people in the room doing the same thing for good effects.

Post Quality Evaluations:
needs to read the rules
Old 25-04-2008, 06:45
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
razorwiredildo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2
Re: snorting adderall doesnt work

did swiy crush the beads in the adderall capsule? if he didn't then all hes doing is eating shit through his nose, which won't work. if he did crush the beads and nothing hapened, then its just tough luck. For future reference, learn to avoid self incrimination by using swim and swiy.
Old 25-04-2008, 07:11

Male

yea i saw that after i posted. yea well swim did crush those beads, and is now questioning simply snorting too hard or too soft. does swim want to snort everything back as if he was going to hock a big lugee or some shit?
Old 25-04-2008, 14:19
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
razorwiredildo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2

it doesn't really matter how hard swiy snorts as long as it gets up his nose, but he shouldn't snort so hard that the powder goes straight into his throat, it needs to sit in his nose for a few minutes.
also, those beads are a major pain in the ass to crush, so maybe swiy didnt crush them good enough. its also possible that swiy just cant get high from amphetamine, swim knows several people like that.
Old 25-04-2008, 18:39

Male

wow that sucks. Its kind of a continuing issue with the other pills swim has tried though, like the ritalin, vicodin popped(25mg never did anything at all so he had to go to 40mg before he felt anything), 1/3 of an oxy in a line, and then 2mg of klonopin which was also snorted. What makes one susceptable to a pill's effects?
Old 26-04-2008, 01:28

38 y/o Male
jyperium should review received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Snorting the xr doesn't work because shire (the mfgr) designed the xr beads to be chemically resistent to absorption through mucosa (your nasal cavitys). Unfortunatley, the only way to get off on the xr s.w.i.m. has found is to take about 3x what you would of the regular adderalll. If you normally get off on 30mg of regular, then dose 90mg of xr. Also, snorting regular is also a huge waste. Although some of the amphetamines will be absorbed, the pill is sugar based, causing it to be clotted in your nasal mucosa and therefore wasted as pink or orange boogers . Hope this helps.

just plain wrong
Old 26-04-2008, 03:53
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,052, Level: 8 Points: 3,052, Level: 8 Points: 3,052, Level: 8

I'm not sure where the sugar based thing came from but sugars are water soluble therefore insufflatable. to the OP follow one of the guides listed here to achieve a better crush on the XR beads. It needs to be very thorough because they were designed to be a bitch to snort.
Old 26-04-2008, 13:53

Female
coldkate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

maybe 30mg of xr just isn't enough for SWIY? and to the reply saying that XR was designed so that it can't be insufflated, although SWIM believes that that may is true, SWIM does feel that insufflating XR does something for her. not just for adderall, SWIM believes many prescription drugs that aren't water dissolveable or whatever can be insufflated, like xanax, etc. idk
Old 26-04-2008, 16:48

Male

o i thought if one were to crush up 30mg of adderall xr it would take out the xr's properties and be a lot more than the dose is supposed to be throughout the day.

the first day swim had adderall though he did 60xr and felt alright, but then in the middle of the night he thought he was coming down and then his face went numb for a minute and the feeling of being punched in the face by a good amount of ADD meds came, starting the experience all over, keeping him up for 4 more hours. what the fuck?
Old 26-04-2008, 19:54
Gold Member

Male from USA - New York
RaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline MedlineRaverHippie must mainline Medline
Points: 3,052, Level: 8 Points: 3,052, Level: 8 Points: 3,052, Level: 8

yea, SWIY never really took care of the XR mechanism.
Old 27-04-2008, 23:16
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyperium View Post
Snorting the xr doesn't work because shire (the mfgr) designed the xr beads to be chemically resistent to absorption through mucosa (your nasal cavitys). Unfortunatley, the only way to get off on the xr s.w.i.m. has found is to take about 3x what you would of the regular adderalll. If you normally get off on 30mg of regular, then dose 90mg of xr. Also, snorting regular is also a huge waste. Although some of the amphetamines will be absorbed, the pill is sugar based, causing it to be clotted in your nasal mucosa and therefore wasted as pink or orange boogers . Hope this helps.
Wheres your info to back it up? Sniffing Adderall XR works for swim as well as IR.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:30

29 y/o Male
Lost in the world should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCasey View Post
Wheres your info to back it up? Sniffing Adderall XR works for swim as well as IR.
SWIM must agree, with only slight, but noticable differences in effects SWIM gets basically the same effect from crushing a 30mg XR and recaping/parachuting as with popping a 30mg IR. the effects of snorting the same dosage of crush XR SWIM found to be the same as well, major difference being felt it faster and it seemed to not last as long. All three variations SWIM noticed to be very different from regular use of a 30mg XR (i.e. popping, non-crushed). For the few that are lucky enough to never been introduced to XR pills, popping a regular XR sucks. Its a up and down feeling with never any satisfying tweaking feeling (meaning lame) all stretched out over twice the time a IR would take to pick you up and then bring you down.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:49

Male
hydrocronik is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

The biggest problem about adderall xr is the beads, when i first started to snort adderall, i would crush the balls up, but the powder was still orange from the beads and a little chunky, and when i snorted it, it hurt really bad! i just thought that i couldn't crush them anymore than i did! So what you do is, just keep crushing and keep crushing, even when you think that it can't be crushed anymore, keep crushing! The end result should look like flour, maybe with a little orange tint, it shouldn't burn at all, and it hits you like a ton of bricks...

Please read the site rules regarding self incrimination
Old 02-06-2008, 07:56

38 y/o Male
Blur is a decent psychonaut.Blur is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1

Swim might be an unusual case but swim feels nothing whatsover via any route until he passes ~80mgs. Possibly due to the slower dissociation of the saccharate and aspartate salts but swim has his doubts. After this 80-100 mg baseline dose is in swim's system, very small amounts of insufflated adderall are quite noticeable. Swim would estimate 20 mg insufflated=60 mg oral after reaching this state. After 100~ or so insufflation is much more efficient and bioavailable in Swim's opinion.

Last edited by Blur; 02-06-2008 at 09:35.
Old 02-06-2008, 16:00
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from United States
GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyperium View Post
I'd like to see some information on this because I've never heard anything remotely close to this. Most people SWIM knows who insuffulate Adderall actually prefer the extended release version because it grinds up into significantly less powder.
Old 17-06-2008, 03:28
Silver Member

runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

i've been prescribed to xr and ir adderall. in my experience snorting adderall is the same as just eating it. crushing up xr beads and snorting = crushing up xr beads and eating. snorting and getting the "sugar drip" off ir is kinda fun, but i just eat em

runitsthepolice added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

and by i, i mean swim. obviously

Last edited by runitsthepolice; 17-06-2008 at 03:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-07-2008, 19:20

Male from United States
dextrowalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

SWIM isn't completely sure about adderall, but intrarectal insertion of dexedrine IR tablets seems to work loads better for him than snorting. Crushing then dissolving the pills then inserting into the rectum with an oral syringe should do the trick. It might take a little work but the bioavailability is significantly higher wth this form of administration. Plus SWIM finds that it has a much faster onset and without the icky drip that follows snorting.

dextrowalker added 12 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Oh and here is the listing of amphetamine's bioavailability.
Intranasally: 75% (I would actually put this lower in my experience)
Orally: 25-50% (With sublingual absorbation higher, obviously, maybe 55-60, quite noticeable for SWIM at least)
Plugging: 98-99% - w00t!
IV/IM: 99-100%

Last edited by dextrowalker; 16-07-2008 at 19:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-07-2008, 05:57

Male
rajkamkumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

hmmm is adderall more similar to meth or coke?
Old 19-07-2008, 06:05

32 y/o Female
snow_queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

swim would believe that since Adderall is of the amphetamine family that it would be quite similar to snorting Speed. However, swim would never have snorted this whan she was in high school and she would never have loved the effects and rush that it gave her.
Old 19-07-2008, 09:19
Palladium Member

Male from United States
allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.allyourbase really adds to the discussion.
Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4 Points: 885, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

swim advises against snorting adderall. the nutrasweet will not cover the burn and the barely noticible change in intensity, and a huge shortening of the duration of effect. (swim's experience ~ XRs[GENERICS! false shock @ thought of generic adderral).

swim knows theres a myth going around on other forums concerning adderall's copyright, and its inavailability to the "semi-legal" community. it really, factually, and trully is a scheduling issue, and not one concerning copyright (swim visibly saw generic addys this day)
Old 21-08-2008, 02:27

24 y/o Female
Yoshi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Adderall XR is formulated to be time-release; its likely that this is why a person might be having a difficult time getting high from it. The reason it's time release is to give the company something like a legal monopoly, since the process by which the capsules are created is patented. Doctors are more likely to prescribe it because it is designed to work over a longer period of time and is more difficult to abuse (unless someone's clever and joins an internet community containing druggie masterminds devoted to this cause).

As many people have said, it is theoretically possible to overcome this time-release mechanism by grinding the insides of the capsules to a fine powder before snorting them, but my friend Mario was unable to find any sort of scientific data proving the efficiency of such an endeavor, which is sort of alarming from a scientific perspective [does no one actually investigate the claims of companies within the drug industry?].

My friend Mario would also suggest reading this article, which goes into more depth on the subject and also outlines other variations and forms of the pharmaceutical forms of amphetamine:

http://www.myomancy.com/2007/04/adderall_xr_and

I would also like to add that I am ALWAYS glad to learn; if [my, any of my friend's, source's] information is in any way inaccurate, I would be GRATEFUL to be corrected.

Yoshi added 14 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

[Apologies ^10000 for posting twice! Forgot to mention]

Also, My friend Luigi suggests, if possible, obtaining generic adderall, which Luigi is ****ed up on right now.

Without the time release, the probability of getting high from the generic version is much greater and more predictable. Luigi says the blue 5mg amphetamine taste like candy, and are easy to snort

Last edited by Yoshi; 21-08-2008 at 02:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-10-2008, 22:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.

The time release is because there are two different isomers of two different salts of the same chemical, which all have somewhat different modes of action and half-lives. Adderall XR has actually been shown in some studies to be no more effective than IR Adderall of the same dosage. And although some of the adderall will stay in one's system longer, it's significantly less than one would start out with a couple hours after the pill was popped, rendering it less effective.

I always got the impression that the beads were just there because little kids who can't swallow pills can mix them with applesauce or some other food. And they add one more annoying step to snorting the drug.

And about adderall's patent...I think shire loses it soon and is going to make Vyanese their main product...but I don't know if they're getting another patent. Either way, there ARE generic adderall XR out there
Old 09-10-2008, 23:17
Silver Member

dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.dark12 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

According to Wikipedia, Adderall uses the Microtrol extended release drug delivery system:
Quote:
It is used in certain medications like Adderall and incorporates two types of beads. The first dissolves immediately, releasing half of the medication, while the second type dissolves much more slowly releasing the remaining medication four hours later. Maximum plasma concentration is achieved in seven hours,compared to instant-release.
Crushing the beads will generally eliminate the time release mechanism.
Old 09-10-2008, 23:54

Male
tryptamaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

dude jsut crush em dam fine thats wat swim dos if its like flour as an above poster said it shud hit u fine.
Old 10-10-2008, 00:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.100mg Methylphenidate is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark12 View Post
According to Wikipedia, Adderall uses the Microtrol extended release drug delivery system:

Crushing the beads will generally eliminate the time release mechanism.
Ah. Okay. I just had the impression the mixed amphetamines were there for a longer period of efficacy, but I guess it's just for smoother delivery. God damn ittttt, swim is fiending for some sort of stimulant at the moment

Share this on:

Tags
snorting drugs