Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 22-04-2008, 13:09
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kratoms effects on opiate withdrawal

To anybody who has used Kratom to come off opiates. How long does it take for swiy guys to lose the opiate withdrawals and how long do swiy guys usually take kratom for. What are the Kratom withdrawals like compared to opiate withdrawals? I'm asking cause ive looked around here and have found very few reports about it and they arent the most descriptive. Also swim was taking kratom for 5 days at very small amounts (around 4-5 grams a day) and now on day 6 swim is feeling like a day 1 of opiate withdrawal. Did he not take the kratom long enough? Swim hasnt detoxed in a while but 3-5 days used to be his max for withdrawal sympoms. Im just trying to figure it out, thanks in advance for the answers.
Old 22-04-2008, 19:05
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Br00klynB0y87 is a decent psychonaut.Br00klynB0y87 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
Re: Kratoms effects on opiate withdrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCasey View Post
How long does it take for swiy guys to lose the opiate withdrawals and how long do swiy guys usually take kratom for.
There is no set time frame for deciding how long withdrawals will last since every individual is different. -A lot of things are to be taken into account,
particularly the severity of the individuals prior opiate experience.

For instance, someone who is IV’ing hydromorphone is clearly going to have a harder / lengthier time detoxing as opposed to someone with a hydrocodone habit.

Also, the individuals chemical makeup as well as their mental and physical health/condition are vital in determining how long withdrawals will persist.

Kratom does have the potential to help those looking to kick an evil habit since it will provide that extra hand to help ease the wicked withdrawals.

-Swiy just needs to stay vigilant in making sure to keep far from their old ways and routine as well as remaining active through moderate exercise and eating right.

Quote:
What are the Kratom withdrawals like compared to opiate withdrawals?
To be brief, they aren’t comparable.

If your swiy had truly ever suffered from an opiate withdrawal they’d know that kratom withdrawals are far from similar and would be even foolish to ever try to compare the two.

As far as accounts of kratom withdrawals / addiction there are quite few, here-

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24215
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24643
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24888

Quote:
Also swim was taking kratom for 5 days at very small amounts (around 4-5 grams a day) and now on day 6 swim is feeling like a day 1 of opiate withdrawal. Did he not take the kratom long enough? Swim hasnt detoxed in a while but 3-5 days used to be his max for withdrawal sympoms. Im just trying to figure it out, thanks in advance for the answers.
Again as I previously stated, there is no set time for which withdrawals will last. -It will differ upon each individual, and be dependent on the severity of their habit as well as the deeper fundamental issues such as their chemical makeup and physical and mental status.

If swiy is trying to kick their habit on their own I’d suggest he/she seek aid from kratom to help make withdrawals more bearable.

Secondly, exercise is very important and will help circulation and thus flushing of the system.

Eating the right food is equally important.

Lastly, I’d suggest you look in to obtaining a good adaptogen to take on a daily basis along with your multi vitamin.

Hope this helps.

.peace.
Old 22-04-2008, 22:53
Palladium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br00klynB0y87 View Post
There is no set time frame for deciding how long withdrawals will last since every individual is different. -A lot of things are to be taken into account,
particularly the severity of the individuals prior opiate experience.

For instance, someone who is IVing hydromorphone is clearly going to have a harder / lengthier time detoxing as opposed to someone with a hydrocodone habit.

Also, the individuals chemical makeup as well as their mental and physical health/condition are vital in determining how long withdrawals will persist.

Kratom does have the potential to help those looking to kick an evil habit since it will provide that extra hand to help ease the wicked withdrawals.

-Swiy just needs to stay vigilant in making sure to keep far from their old ways and routine as well as remaining active through moderate exercise and eating right.

To be brief, they arent comparable.

If your swiy had truly ever suffered from an opiate withdrawal theyd know that kratom withdrawals are far from similar and would be even foolish to ever try to compare the two.

As far as accounts of kratom withdrawals / addiction there are quite few, here-

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24215
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24643
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24888

Again as I previously stated, there is no set time for which withdrawals will last. -It will differ upon each individual, and be dependent on the severity of their habit as well as the deeper fundamental issues such as their chemical makeup and physical and mental status.

If swiy is trying to kick their habit on their own Id suggest he/she seek aid from kratom to help make withdrawals more bearable.

Secondly, exercise is very important and will help circulation and thus flushing of the system.

Eating the right food is equally important.

Lastly, Id suggest you look in to obtaining a good adaptogen to take on a daily basis along with your multi vitamin.

Hope this helps.

.peace.
Thanks for your answer but very little of that helped. I know that everyones different when it comes to opiate withdrawal. I was asking for a broad range of experiences if someone says i took Kratom to come off of x substance then i can just make calculations like x is worse then what i take and so on. I read all of those threads before i posted this but all those experiences are of massive daily doses of kratom. I cant imagine swims withdrawal symptoms being from kratom as they feel like a heavy hydrocodone withdrawal. I cant imagine the withdrawal symptoms being from the opiates as Swims gone through them before and they never lasted more then 5 days especially the physical symptoms like aching, trouble sleeping and restless legs. Swim thinks that it must be the opiates as kratom withdrawals dont seem to be that bad at the doses i described, i guess. I just wasnt sure if i had ordered enough kratom or if swim took too much or didnt take it long enough. I shouldnt have posted this swim just couldnt sleep and swims mind was loopy from some baclofen he took to help with the withdrawals. I knew that the kratom forum doesnt get enough views to get an answer to my question in the amount of time i would need it. I dont think posting it in the opiate addiction thread was appropriate as swims not addicted to opiates also that thread gets less views then this one. Maybe someone will post here later and someone else will find it in a time of need sometime in the future.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:51

Male from Seychelles
atemeles5 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1

Swiy was in your situation about 1 year ago. Swiy used subotex daily and he get out only using Kratom.
He used 8mg subotex/day. You can read the post here:
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...m+quit+opiates

atemeles5 added 3 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

sorry mistake....read this post "Kratom help to quit opiates" https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...m+quit+opiates

Last edited by atemeles5; 04-07-2008 at 12:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-01-2009, 09:36
Palladium Member

Wow this is an old thread but I see it's gotten quite a few views so I thought I would update it by saying swim figured out that he needed to go for 2 months on just Kratom before he could taper down to nothing and not feel atleast some opiate withdrawal symptoms. That was from 4 years of continuous opiate use ranging from 80 mg's of hydrocodone a day and a 100mcg fentanyl patches every 3 days that was tapered to about 40 mg's of just hydrocodone before going on to Kratom.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:19
Palladium Member

Another thing swim noticed is for him Stem & Vein powder is a great a kratom to use for kratom or opiate withdrawals. Since it is a weaker kratom it maybe wise to use a stronger kratom first depending on how much opiate one is on and how much discomfort one wants to put up with. Stem and Vein is kratoms version of suboxone to a small extent since it seems to be higher in receptor antagoinst than regular leaf. It doesnt block effects of other kratoms to the extent of suboxone but it will hamper it a little.
Old 28-07-2009, 22:38
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
MarkyMayhem is a decent psychonaut.MarkyMayhem is a decent psychonaut.

One fairly universal thing can be said about SWIyour recent withdrawal, specifically it's apparent prolonged duration.

What is it, you ask? What could POSSIBALLY be universal, or almost so?

?

The passage of time.

SWIM and others [many many others] have the personal experience garnered only via years of opiate use and abuse, and can say [SWIM'd bet unanimously] that the older you get and the more times you go through it, the harder and possibally longer the withdrawals are going to be.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that the opiate train runs down a shit-hill to no-where good...
Old 29-07-2009, 00:03

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

my friends cousin was snorting very high amounts of oxy daily for almost a year and took a very looong week for him to feel somewhat normal. the wd was horrible from what i heard.

he looked into kratom, but at that point he was practically over the physical aspect of wd. so never tried it then, but a year or so later after some mild opiate wds he tried it but only got about an hour of relief at most. so maybe diff strain or a higher amount next time. he is sure the usage of kratom is more enjoyable when opiates are out of swiys system and low tolerance.

but he has heard of many many people who kicked habits from kratom.
Old 14-10-2009, 03:42

Male
Lubon1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

I realize some of these threads are ridiculously old but, like a previous one, I am hoping the experience of someone using Kratom will help me figure out which kind to use and how much. Certainly I know everyone is different so please, it is not necessary to tell me about how usage and all that other stuff I already know. I am simply asking for an approximate estimate or maybe someone has been in my situation with using tramadol for about 3 years, or similar opiate and has had success with Kratom. I really, really want to end this cycle and the withdrawals are all that is stoping me. Where and what is the most effective Kratom? And, once again, how much should be used? Thank you to whomever may have an answer and I hope and pray anyone looking for help to stop an addiction is getting the help they need!
Old 30-10-2009, 19:42

Male
notascientist is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Here's the thing, Kratom is a great to help SWIY forget about the withdrawals, whether it cures them or not is some what of a mystery. How the recepters in your brain react to the alkaloids in Kratom depends on you and many other factors. It's mother nature and it's a special gift to people in this situation.

Cut back opiates. 5 a day, then 4, then 3,2,1 for two days each or so. Or something like this. SWIY will get withdrawls when down to a lower dose but they are nothing compared to cold turkey - day 3-4 from 100mg or 5 times that in china white or oxy daily intake. Whether it's smoking tar, shooting it or whatever just try to taper down. Takes a little discipline but saves SWIY a lot of pain. SWIM has seen success with switching to poppy tea or norcos, vicodin etc for a while before trying the kratom. It's important. Kratom won't do anything for someone who was shooting or smoking large doses anytime too recently.

SWIM always says get the best Kratom SWIY can. Get 15x or 30x powder extract and just heat up water and throw the powder in a cup. It can be expensive but throw .75-1g of 15-30x powder into one tea cup or coffee cup. For SWIM the kratom is about as expensive as the 100mg a day hydro habit SWIM had for the last year. Might cost you $20-40 daily for the kratom depending on how badly SWIY's getting ripped off etc.

Drink this stuff once to twice a day for maybe a week or so. The taste to SWIM is so much less bad than poppy tea and the weird bitterness washes away surprisingly easily.

SMIM gets it locally at a shop where the guys are really cool and SWIM trusts them. With some research SWIY can find a good, trustable source online if necessary. Many headshops do have it if they also carry salvia etc. Not impossible to get if SWIY lives in a metropolitan area with a legal high section at the head shop.

Important too. Try to get xanex or valium or some good Vallerian or maybe even kava or passionflower should do the trick. Small doses of these always like 1 pill normal strength. Mostly for sleep. Too much lethargy is the last thing SWIY needs. Get the vallerian from any health food store, online etc. Also, some weed will really help with energy and taking SWIY's mind off of it.

If SWLY smokes anyway, this is a no brainer. If stress is one of the things that SWIY's opiate addiction was curing, then don't turn this into a benzo (xanex, vallium) addiction. Try with the vallerian root first and never take the benzo's for more than 2 weeks during withdrawal tops or SWIY can be in a worse situation than SWIY are with opiates. Trust SWIM, kicking zanex is horrible, very very horrible. DO NOT START EATING BENZOS EVERYDAY IN PLACE OF SWIY'S OPIATE HABIT!!!

Kratom does help. No question. People have used it for a long long time as a substitute to opiates. It's more subtle than SWIY hopes it might be, but SWIY have to remember not to aim for feeling like SWIY's flying, just feeling "okay" until SWIY starts to feel "good" again naturally.

There's SWIM's two cents. Hope it helps.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom for opiate withdrawal, kratom taper, opiate addiction, opiate taper, opiate withdrawal, opiate withdrawal management, taper, withdrawals