Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 15-04-2008, 16:10
Gold Member

28 y/o Male from USA - Illinois
zera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Using Loperamide to Enhance the Endorphin (Runner's) High

So we all know that strenuous exercise releases endorphins, or the body's natural opiates. Swim loves the feeling he gets after a hard workout session, walking home he always feels very pleasant and warm.

One thing he was considering was using OTC/legal/non-psychoactive loperamide (sold under the brand name Immodium) to enhance the high. Before working out he would take the stuff, then this would saturate the opiate receptors in the gut (but of course have no effect on the brain since it can't cross the blood-brain barrier). But more saturated receptors in the gut also means that once the endorphins come out to play more of them will head to the brain and the endorphin high will feel stronger.

Any opinions or experiences with this? Swims only concern is that taking an anti-diarrheal before strenuous exercise might be a little unpleasant...
Old 16-04-2008, 01:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
Sportsguy86 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Re: Using Loperamide to Enhance the Endorphin (Runner's) High

Immodium is simply anti-diarrhea. As you said it doesnt cross the BBB. Take it to get high, and not only won't you get high but you'll end up constipated for 2 weeks. There's a reason why its OTC!!

I can't believe how sad our society is getting. "I want to get high man! Yea! Let's go run 5 miles and snort Immodium!!"

Save yourself the embarassment and if youre looking for a real opiate high just pop a couple oxy's or something. That will get you very high, and no, you won't end up some addict bum on the street. You'll be fine.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Not everyone has oxycodone lying around.
Old 16-04-2008, 05:21
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy86 View Post
Save yourself the embarassment and if youre looking for a real opiate high just pop a couple oxy's or something. That will get you very high, and no, you won't end up some addict bum on the street. You'll be fine.
Thats not the best of advice. I'm sure he knows that Loperamide doesnt cross the BBB, hes just suggesting something if you dont like it dont read it. I've actually read reports of people who feel that when they use loperamide in high enough doses it breaks through. My own experience with it make me feel that the effects of it arent fully understood. I've never taken it and felt euphoria but i have taken it while in withdrawals and it made me tired and relieved some of my aches & pains, which shouldnt happen unless it reaches my CNS. Ive read reports on the internet of good amount of people saying they can eliminate withdrawals while using loperamide. On this very board someone mentioned a early study of it that determined it was addictive. That said i dont know if using Loperamide and running will give someone more euphoria then just running cause im not sure if endorphins created by running travel to the gut. Now that might make other opiates stronger if the loperamide is taken first and allows more of ones chosen drug to skip the receptors in the gut because of the loperamide already binding to those receptors.
Old 17-04-2008, 18:01

Male
gotxp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

yeah I understand what he is suggesting.. actually kinda interesting... but, im sure the body would naturally down regulate... however, as an initial test... interesting suggestion... post back results
Old 24-04-2008, 16:19
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy86 View Post
Immodium is simply anti-diarrhea. As you said it doesnt cross the BBB. Take it to get high, and not only won't you get high but you'll end up constipated for 2 weeks. There's a reason why its OTC!!

I can't believe how sad our society is getting. "I want to get high man! Yea! Let's go run 5 miles and snort Immodium!!"

You clearly didn't take the time to read the OP's post, but instead were a bit too quick to launch away your reply. If you read the OP's post properly, you would have noticed the OP doesn't want to get high off of loperamide, but wants to saturate the opioid receptors in his gut so the endegenous endorphine released after his exercise would be forced into the brain, instead of getting wasted by binding to the receptors in his gut, this way using the endegenous endorpine more efficiently by forcing it to the receptors where it will actually cause pleasant effects(the brain) instead of letting a part of it flow to the gut(where it's wasted). Next time, read someone's post before jumping to conlusions.

Share this on:

Tags
endorphins, hydrochloride, immodium, imodium, loperamid, loperamide, lopermide, paroxetine, snorting, snorting loperamide

» New Threads
Mixing Adderall with Wellbutrin
Last post by Giapsufsu
1 Replies, 34 Views
Taking 3 1.5 mg K-pins
Last post by Gutshot52
0 Replies, 1 Views
Urgent family court date serious...
Last post by AngelN
4 Replies, 245 Views
Dosage and Combination Questions
Last post by JFrancis23