Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Sex and Drugs
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Sex and Drugs Sex on Drugs

Old 15-04-2008, 04:42
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
Expat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline Medline
Points: 4,440, Level: 9 Points: 4,440, Level: 9 Points: 4,440, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Proviron (mesterolone) - Info and Experiences

Ok, I've reported previously on SWIM's disappointing experiences with the much-hyped drugs cabergoline and PT-141 (bremelanotide). Now I want to share some info about a relatively unknown libido-enhancing drug that actually works for SWIM.

The name of the drug is mesterolone, sold as the brand name Proviron. First I'll give some basic information about it, and then I'll report on SWIM's experience with it. If anyone else has information, please add it in this thread.

Before I get started, let me note a couple of caveats:

1) SWIM is a male, and all the information given here assumes that the user is a male. I have no idea if this drug is used by women, and if so, what the side effects are.

2) I am not a doctor, and neither is SWIM. All of the information given below is either taken from various websites (mostly bodybuildng sites) or from my own experience and the experiences of friends (who aren't doctors either). So the information below is not authoritative in any way - I just want to give you a basic idea of what this drug is about. Doing your own research and consulting your doctor is essential.

What is it?

Mesterolone is an orally active steroid. It is an anabolic steroid, but its anabolic activity is not very strong. So bodybuilders don't typically take this to increase their muscle mass. However, they do often use it to combat gynecomastia, a.k.a., the dreaded "bitch tits".

It is also sometimes prescribed by doctors to increase sexual desire (libido), and it is for this purpose that SWIM is interested in it. It is probably prescribed for various other medical conditions related to sex hormones as well.

What Does it Do?

Mesterolone reduces circulating estrogen levels by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme which converts testosterone to estrogen. (So it helps bodybuilders avoid the estrogen side effects produced by other anabolic steroids.)

It also binds to two proteins (sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin) which normally bind to testosterone and render it inactive. As a result, the amount of free testosterone available in the body is effectively increased.

I will post some more detailed information below about what mesterolone does and how it does it, but I want to keep this introductory post at a basic level.

Legaility and Availability

Mesterolone is Schedule III in the U.S. I do not know about its legal status in other countries - except I do know that it is legally available over the counter in some countries.

Dose

Under the brand name of Proviron, mesterolone comes in 25mg pills. I believe that bodybuilders typically take about 25mg to 50mg per day, i.e., 1 or 2 pills. That is the dosage level that SWIM used for his libido-enhancing experiments with this drug.

Side Effects

Mesterolone is generally considered to have very mild side effects compared to other anabolic steroids when taken at the dosage level mentioned above. However, SWIM can tell you from his experience that it *does* have some of the typical side effects associated with anabolic steroids. (See the report below.)

Note that one bodybuilding site says that, "In high doses it can cause some virilization symptoms in women."
Old 15-04-2008, 04:51

Male from Earth
Expat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline MedlineExpat98 must mainline Medline
Re: Proviron (mesterolone) - Info and Experiences

Here is the chemical structure:

And here is some information from a bodybuilding website. Take everything below with a grain of salt. For example, I think he downplays the side effects somewhat, based on what SWIM said.

Quote:
In Depth Proviron Profile!

By: Big Cat

NOTICE: This information is for entertainment purposes ONLY!

Pharmaceutical Name: Mesterolone
Chemical structure: 1 alpha-methyl-17 beta-hydroxy-5 alpha-androstan-3-one
Molecular weight of base: 304.4716

Effective dose: 25-100 mg / day orally
Available Doses: 10, 20, 25 and 50 mg tabs

Characteristics:

Mesterolone is an orally active, 1-methylated DHT. Like Masteron, but then actually delivered in an oral fashion. DHT is the conversion product of testosterone at the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, the result being a hormone that is 3 to 4 times as androgenic and is structurally incapable of forming estrogen. One would imagine then that mesterolone would be a perfect drug to enhance strength and add small but completely lean gains to the frame. Unfortunately there is a control mechanism for DHT in the human body. When levels get too high, the 3alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme converts it to a mostly inactive compound known as 3-alpha (5-alpha-androstan-3alpha,17beta-diol), a prohormone if you will. It can equally convert back to DHT by way of the same enzyme when low levels of DHT are detected. But it means that unless one uses ridiculously high amounts, most of what is administered is quite useless at the height of the androgen receptor in muscle tissue and thus mesterolone is not particularly suited, if at all, to promote muscle hypertrophy.

Proviron has four distinct uses in the world of bodybuilding. The first being the result of its structure. It is 5-alpha reduced and not capable of forming estrogen, yet it nonetheless has a much higher affinity for the aromatase enzyme (which converts testosterone to estrogen) than testosterone does. That means in administering it with testosterone or another aromatizable compound, it prevents estrogen build-up because it binds to the aromatase enzyme very strongly, thereby preventing these steroids from interacting with it and forming estrogen. So Mesterolone use has the extreme benefit of reducing estrogenic side-effects and water retention noted with other steroids, and as such still help to provide mostly lean gains. Its also been suggested that it may actually downgrade the actual estrogen receptor making it doubly effective at reducing circulating estrogen levels.

The second use is in enhancing the potency of testosterone. Testosterone in the body at normal physiological levels is mostly inactive. As much as 97 or 98 percent of testosterone in that amount is bound to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin, two proteins. In such a form testosterone is mostly inactive. But as with the aromatase enzyme, DHT has a higher affinity for these proteins than testosterone does, so when administered simultaneously the mesterolone will attach to the SHBG and albumin, leaving larger amounts of free testosterone to mediate anabolic activities such as protein synthesis. Another way in which it helps to increase gains. Its also another part of the equation that makes it ineffective on its own, as binding to these proteins too, would render it a non-issue at the androgen receptor.

Thirdly, mesterolone is added in pre-contest phases to increase a distinct hardness and muscle density. Probably due to its reduction in circulating estrogen, perhaps due to the downregulating of the estrogen receptor in muscle tissue, it decreases the total water build-up of the body giving its user a much leaner look, and a visual effect of possessing "harder" muscles with more cuts and striations. Proviron is often used as a last-minute secret by a lot of bodybuilders and both actors and models have used it time and again to deliver top shape day in day out, when needed. Like the other methylated DHT compound, drostanolone, mesterolone is particularly potent in achieving this feat.

Lastly Proviron is used during a cycle of certain hormones such as nandrolone, with a distinct lack of androgenic nature, or perhaps 5-alpha reduced hormones that don't have the same affinities as DHT does. Such compounds, thinking of trenbolone, nandrolone and such in particular, have been known to decrease libido. Limiting the athlete to perform sexually being the logical result. DHT plays a key role in this process and is therefore administered in conjunction with such steroids to ease or relieve this annoying side-effect. Proviron is also commonly prescribed by doctors to people with low levels of testosterone, or patients with chronic impotence. Its not perceived as a powerful anabolic, but it gets the job done equally well if not better than other anabolic steroids making it a favorite in medical practices due to its lower chance of abuse.

Mesterolone is generally well liked nonetheless as it delivers very few side-effects in men. In high doses it can cause some virilization symptoms in women. But because of the high level of deactivation and pre-destination in the system (albumin, SHBG, 3bHSD, aromatase) quite a lot of it, if not all simply never reaches the androgen receptor where it would cause anabolic effects, but also side-effects. So its relatively safe. Doses between 25 and 250 mg per day are used with no adverse effects. 50 mg per day is usually sufficient to be effective in each of the four cases we mentioned up above, so going higher really isn't necessary. Unlike what some suggest or believe, its not advised that Proviron be used when not used in conjunction with another steroid, as it too is quite suppressive of natural testosterone, leading to all sorts of future complications upon discontinuation. Ranging from loss of libido or erectile dysfunction all the way up to infertility. One would not be aware of such dangers because Proviron fulfills most of the functions of normal levels of testosterone.
Attached Images
File Type: gif mesterolone.gif (2.1 KB, 137 views)
Old 15-04-2008, 05:44

Male from Earth

Ok, now finally for the fun stuff!

SWIM's experience is from about 3 years ago. He did not take detailed notes, but I will write up what he told me in as much detail as I can remember.

SWIM tells me that he's thinking of giving this another trial within the next few weeks. I will report those results in more detail if there is interest in the forum.

SWIM started off with one 25mg pill for the first week. At first he thought that he could detect an increase in his sex drive, but he wasn't really sure if it was real or placebo. This feeling soon went away after a couple of days, and he just felt normal.

After 1 week he still felt normal, and he started taking 50mg per day. After a few more days he still felt normal, and SWIM became disappointed and more or less wrote it off as being ineffective. However, he decided to keep taking it a little longer because he'd read that the effects take time to build up in your body.

Somewhere around the 2 week mark he started to feel the changes. Mentally, the most noticeable thing was just a significantly increased feeling of general well-being and overall satisfaction with life. Physically, he felt great. The muscles in his body also started to firm up, and the fatty tissue in his breast area went almost completely away. SWIM did not work out during this period, but he's on a workout program now and will continue that on his next trial. He thinks that even though mesterolone is not known as a strong anabolic steroid that it will still lead to some strength gains in the gym.

Ok, but what about sex drive?

Quite simply, sex was always on his mind during this period of mesterolone use. More particularly, he always had a mental image of...well I don't want to get too graphic, but let me just say that he always had sexual imagery in his mind, no matter what he was doing. He could be talking to someone or working or whatever, and it was like he was giving his full concentration to both the task at hand and the mental image in his mind at the same time.

He had quite a lot of sex during this period and was very happy with the effect that mesterolone had on his sex drive. But.... (there's always a "but" isn't there? )

SWIM was a little disappointed in the sex itself. First, SWIM normally has very sensitive nipples and enjoys them being touched during sex. As noted above, the drug reduced the amount of fatty tissue around the nipples. Unfortunately this caused the pleasurable sensation in this area to be almost completely eliminated.

Second, SWIM sometimes couldn't last as long as usual...he would sometimes just come too soon, whereas he normally never has a problem with control. On the upside, however, SWIM could have sex as many times as he wanted...and he wanted it a lot, a lot more than usual.

Third, his semen volume was lower than usual. I know some people don't get this, but SWIM says that he thinks the physical sensation of the semen coursing out during orgasm is pleasurable, and the more there is, the more pleasurable it is.

So the sex had pluses and minuses, but overall SWIM would definitely rate it as a positive because his sex drive was heightened to such a great degree.

There were also some mild physical side effects, most notably some hair-related side effects. There was no visible hair loss, but SWIM noticed that there were more stray hairs on his pillow than usual when he woke up in the morning. Also, he now has more hair on his back, and a slight amount of hair on the underside of his forearms, whereas he had none before. As mentioned, this has been about 3 years ago, so these effects seem to be irreversible.

SWIM took the mesterolone for about a month and then stopped. It was his first time ever taking a steroid of any kind, so he just wanted to give it a brief trial and see how it went (and he did not want the hair loss side effects to get any worse).

SWIM says that in his next trial he is going to stick with 25mg instead of 50mg, at least for the first 3 weeks or so. He increased it to 50mg after a week on the first trial, but he now knows that the drug takes a couple of weeks to kick in. He hopes that this will eliminate the side effects.

To sum it all up: This is not a perfect drug, but SWIM says that he greatly enjoyed the sense of well-being and the increased sex drive that it offered, and he's going to give it another trial.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very interesting read, thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 25-03-2010, 22:46

34 y/o Male from Australia
superchumbo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1

That's such an interesting read, thanks for posting SWIY's experiences.

Personally SWIM has done anabolic steriods and always wanted to include proviron for its pure androgenic functions, lowering estrogen and also increasing the amount of free testosterone circulating the system.

Awesome...

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, aphrodisiacs, cabergoline, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, legal status, libido, mesterolone, perfect drug, performance enhancer, proviron, russia, sex, sex drive, sexual, steroid, testosterone, wiki

Sitelinks: Information: