Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Old 12-04-2008, 03:00

Male
robo scat should review received reputation comments.
Clonidine

SWIM was wondering if anyone has had any experiences blowing Clonidine?
SWIM has heard that even .1 - .2 mg orally will get SWIY nice - I'm afraid if I take any more I will just pass out/fall asleep and it will be a waste?
Old 12-04-2008, 04:31
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Ididnotinhale should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Clonidine .1mg

Swim does not no dosage, but he does know that clonodine is often abused by opiate addicts and is also used to help them detox off opiates.

Strangely it is FDA approved for ADD, even though it seems like a downer and is used more and more frequently as a sleep agent.

Mainly it is used as to control blood pressure and to help people with the cessation of nicotine, alcohol and opiate use.

So if it is used as a treatment for drugs that get your dopamine levels up, swims guess is that it pumps up dopamine, but is not sure.

Swim found in a medical journal that the average user uses .37 mg, but these are mostly addicts so swiy should not exceed half that dose. Swim would put the link, but knows that others won't be able to open it without a perscription. Also on a second journal the average user was using .6mg, but these were addicts again.

As a side note it is often used as a substitute for xanax for people on methadone.

Snorting should be fine and more effective since it is frequently used as an IV.

Swim would suggest giving swiys horse a dose of .2 mg and if he starts to fall asleep just have a big ol red bull.

Swim cannot suggest that swiy try .2 mg because it could be dangerous, but he doubts falling asleep will be a problem.

As a rule start slow, especially with downers and have a sitter. If swiy has a few, wasting one is no big deal and is a lot better than taking a fun trip in an ambulance or sleeping for 20 some hours.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:47

Male

SWIM appreciates the thorough response!
SWIM ingested .1 mg orally around a half hour ago and is not feeling much worth mentioning.
He may snort or take another .1 sublingually, and report effects.
SWIM has read of even young children being prescribed up to .1 for nights and .05 for days, so at his age and weight should be fine after .2
Old 14-04-2008, 16:52
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

I really don't think clonidine (and lofexidine for that matter) has any recreational value. The drowsiness is a side effect and i don't think it's a very pleasant one. While clonidine/lofexidine can knock you out, it doesn't give some one a buzz, at least i certainly didn't get a buzz from lofexidine when i was on an outpatient detox.

In fact i would say if anything the effects are unpleasant but that was probably just the withdrawals. Snorting these would be stupid, they are not CNS depressants and i don't think they have any recreational value what so ever.

I can tell you though, the first time i was given lofexidine as an outpatient, i had to travel about an hour on two buses each way. So i got to the outpatient facility and took the medication as well as one 10mg diazepam, got the first bus for about 15 minutes then got on the second bus which would take about 45 minutes. I can remember getting on the second bus but that was it, i was literally knocked out, fell asleep on the bus completely out and woke up at the end of the buses' run by the driver. I have no idea what i must of looked like to other passengers completely passed out on a bus probably getting thrown about and still staying asleep.

Even although i was out for the count i still don't think they had any pleasurable effects and i am sure it would be either knocked out or nothing with lofexidine and/or clonidine, i don't think there is an inbetween.

The other thing is, these are blood pressure medication and i don't think it's a good idea to try and abuse them.
Old 15-04-2008, 01:59

Male

Swim ended up taking 2 or 3 a night and just having a couple beers, and falling asleep about an hour and a half later. It definitely increased the effects of alcohol, but as expected Swim just ended up feeling tired. Not much fun, but I suppose it was better than being sober all night.

-robo
Old 25-04-2008, 01:25

Male
Ididnotinhale should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Also, if you want a quicker hit feel free to try the anal method. It sounds gross, but its not that bad and you'll notice the effects quicker and harder. But it sounds like the drug isn't that great and probably not worth it.
Old 25-04-2008, 06:38
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Not a Downer/Sleeper, so moved to Various
Old 25-04-2008, 16:38
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.

Yea i agree, not a downer, it's a blood pressure medication that has side effects, probably in larger doses. Personally i don't think it is a good idea to mess about with such things especially if there was a chance of an underlying condition that is not apparent at this time.
Old 27-04-2008, 22:08
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Could this mans experience be true?If so incredible!

This is a description of a mans experience with clonidine.Here is a quote,"He was pleasantly surprised when he found that this dosage produced what he described as a "nod" effect, similar to what he had experienced with morphine. He described this effect as a state in which the user becomes "sleepy and in dreamland, like floating on a cloud but still not unconscious--Nirvana." He insisted it was better to use clonidine than heroin, because clonidine did not make him feel sick afterward. "The entire article can be found here http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...54/ai_18724112 this is simply hard to believe.But I also found other interesting things when I googled clonidine abuse.

Swim took three clonidine yesterday,not sure what milligram and will report back to you that fact later.Swim is also considering some further experimentation.Any risks?
Old 27-04-2008, 22:14
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Female from Australia
~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,148, Level: 13 Points: 9,148, Level: 13 Points: 9,148, Level: 13
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Re: Could this mans experience be true?If so incredible!

My gurl has taken up to 10 clonidine pills when her RLS was at its worse (think they were .25mg) and felt nothing. I really don't think this is an abusable drug unless in huge doses and I have no idea what the negative side effects would then be. Actually her pills might have even been .025mgs, not sure on that one. Does anyone know what doses these come in?
Old 27-04-2008, 22:23
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

Could the person that reported this experience have been lying?If so why would they lie or exaggerate?Ofcourse every persons body is different.Ofcourse perhaps its best if it doesn't work as swim will abuse it to the max.However it is not a heavily watched or regulated substance so that could work in the recreational drug using communities favor.

Whatever the case swim will report back after tonights experiment.
Old 27-04-2008, 22:43
Palladium Member

26 y/o Male from United States
N0ly is a decent psychonaut.N0ly is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3

clonidine is dosed in micrograms, cant find much information as to what exact dosages.
Old 28-04-2008, 02:59
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7

Looks like something one shouldn't fuck with without expert advice - not one article:

Last edited by Jatelka; 25-02-2010 at 07:44.
Old 28-04-2008, 06:10
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Female from Australia
~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum~lostgurl~ is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,148, Level: 13 Points: 9,148, Level: 13 Points: 9,148, Level: 13
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Ah yes, my gurls dose was 25mcg.
Old 30-04-2008, 21:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
AddyCrazy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SWIM has used clonidine before. They were .1mg pills and after taking 3 or 4 one would feel very sleepy and often just pass out. Nothing all that desirable enless one likes being able to not function with no pluses other than being a good way to pass out if needed.
Old 01-05-2008, 14:39
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Re: The Combined Clonidine Thread

That's what happened with me when i was an outpatient on lofexidine, basically just passed out on a bus of all places, for over 45 minutes. But there was nothing i could describe as a recreational effect let alone a narcotic effect.

I think it could be dangerous abusing blood pressure medication.
Old 09-02-2010, 13:32

24 y/o Male
DeadLikeMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Re: Clonidine, NOT WORTH SNORTING!

Hello! This is my very first post on this site and I'm very excited to share my knowledge and opinions and learn as much as I can.. with that out of the way SWIM was prescribed 0.5mg clonidine for close to a year and is currently prescribed 0.1mg. SWIM says DO NOT SNORT THIS MEDICATION. SWIM says snorting this medication will DESTROY the very thin and very delicate membrane on the inside of your nasal cavities. If you snort opiates or other drugs of your choice and this is your preffered route of administration you WILL value this membrane and you WILL NOT snort this medication. There is no more benifit to snorting this that taking it orally. Clonidine effects the CNS (Central Nervous System) and this is why you hear some people suggest it messes you up because of a heroin like nod. There is no euphoria with this medication. Because it works by effecting your CNS it makes you very sleepy, that being the only reason you would nod out. The only difference there would be with this medication is if you IVed it which would only cause a faster onset bringing that tired feeling quicker. NEVER and SWIM repeats NEVER take orally or IV more than 0.5mgs, because 0.1mg can lower your blood pressure up to 20 points! USE EXTREAM CAUTION!
SWIM hopes this information helped someone in theyre quest for a higher state of being than what is being sober. =]

Good day and happy hunting,
DeadLikeMe
Old 11-02-2010, 02:48

30 y/o Male
gonegrowin is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Clonidine

No recreational value. Commonly prescribed for high blood pressure, or to help reverse the effects of stimulants (adderall XR) for people with ADD so they can sleep. SWIM has used it for the latter of the two, finding it to be effective. Just take it orally, it wont make you feel good either way.
Old 24-02-2010, 07:16
Silver Member

Male from Earth
onzero is captain of the psychonauts.onzero is captain of the psychonauts.
Re: Clonidine

Possible recreational value in combination with other downers or to take the edge off stimulants. I could see it used for come-downs off coke binges and the like, remember never take beta-blockers with coke, it can make the hypertension worse.

Then again, you're talking about dangerous territory, downers + downers is usually a successful combo for recreational purposes, some times TOO successful, leaving you in a pine box.

I would say it's somewhat similar to xanax, not at all like a sedating anti-histamine, it's much more of a comfortable drowsiness... Taking it makes you think as if there is euphoria but it's just not quite there. Maybe like if you are in the right state of mind or in combination with opiates it's euphoric. It does instill a sense of "peace" and "calm" but just of the common every day variety, and does not seem to make one "tired" as much as "relaxed."

Definitely acceptable for taking the edge off stimulants, but benzos are superior in this regard. It is not a heavy sedation, it feels light and comfortable, a subtle medication in swim's experience.

Clonidine is excellent for opiate W/D as well, one of the better meds out there, Swim finds that taking benzos alone during opiate W/D makes him feel a bit irritated and the effects are somewhat paradoxical. Benzo's can have this effect, clonidine seems to remove a lot of the physical W/D symptoms including nausea & lessens diarrhea.

Share this on:

Tags
addicts, alcohol, blood pressure, clonidine, clonodine, drug, drug forums, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, hydrochloride, insufflating, insufflation, mdpv, microgram, recreational use, snorting, snorting drugs, things to do, wiki