DXM Dextromethorphan

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 00:13

24 y/o Male
Doughreguard is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
First Trip Triple c's

Last night SWIM was talked into taking 16 triple c's. SWIM had never done DXM before but thought he could handle it because he has tripped on acid over 20 times without any bad trips. So SWIM was at the mall with his friend and Swim started to feel very disoriented. SWIM could barely walk and felt like a robot. SWIM also couldn't see very well, SWIM's friend said that SWIM's eyes wear jumping around and rolling back in SWIM's head. SWIM could barely talk or function. At some points in the night SWIM felt dead or out of his body. SWIMs overall experience was horrifying and traumatic. In SWIY's opinion would SWIM have a better experience if SWIM took robo?
Old 07-04-2008, 00:42
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
cannagirl is a decent psychonaut.cannagirl is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 349, Level: 2 Points: 349, Level: 2 Points: 349, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: First Trip Triple c's

Never Never take triple Cs. They are horrible because DXM is not the only active ingredient. Also, for a first trip that is a pretty high dose. In the future swiy should just start at a much much lower dose. And go with something that has DXM as the absolute only active ingredient.

The only good thing about triple Cs is they have the anti-histamine which will prevent the "robo-itchies" but someone can achieve the same effect by popping a single benadryl with the DXM dose. Triple Cs suck.

Sorry about swiys experience, swim bets that was no fun at all.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9

Yes, DXM-only products are likely to be more positive, but the environment should probably not be a public place.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:37

24 y/o Male

Yea, SWIM thinks the mall was a bad idea too, it seemed like everyone was staring at SWIM and SWIM was really paranoid. SWIM just thought it was gonna be like acid and SWIM likes acid trippin in public, but last night was way different than an acid trip. If SWIY has seen TRAINSPOTTING the part where the guy overdoses and he gets like super tunnel vision and everything seems far away is exactly what SWIM was seeing.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:16
Silver Member

24 y/o Male
jok3r is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2

SWIM has had a better time with Tripple' C's more then Robotussin. tussin always makes swim blow chunks, but 8 tripple C's always got swim to a great time. It is really... very dangerous though. The other active drug in it can literally burn holes in your brain.

Post Quality Evaluations:
FYI - use the forum search engine before posting anecdotal information
Old 07-04-2008, 05:35
Palladium Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Graduisic really adds to the discussion.Graduisic really adds to the discussion.Graduisic really adds to the discussion.Graduisic really adds to the discussion.Graduisic really adds to the discussion.Graduisic really adds to the discussion.Graduisic really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,232, Level: 5 Points: 1,232, Level: 5 Points: 1,232, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

joker3, if swiy were to read about a little bit why CCC's are deadly, you'd find that clearly swiy is misinformed. UTFSE to learn more.

neither DXM or the other active ingredient, Clorpheniramine Maleate have been proven to "burn holes in your brain", however chlorpheniramine maleate is not a fun drug on its own, and is not something to be mixed with DXM under any circumstances. it doesn't burn holes in your brain, its just responsible for the most DXM-related deaths
Old 07-04-2008, 07:12
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Kollidascope_Euphoria needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I have never experienced any sort of trip by the means of DXM, I have even extracted it from robotussin...I wonder if there is some sort of immunity with some people because I have tried Coricidin many of times and not once have I in return experienced a trip.

There were times where I thought I was tripping...only to then say...you're not tripping you're shitting yourself...

I really don't know if I had taken it right or what but it fails me....

most people say they use some cough medicines in them to get high but then I find out from my friend at the pharmacy that most coriciden is taken with a partnering chemical to cancel out hallucinogenic trips...

regardless if this information is true...I don't even think it would be worth taking...There are probably numerous risk factors involved when taking these pharmaceuticals and these drugs are just as dangerous as hard hitting street drugs If not used properly
Old 07-04-2008, 08:28
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollidascope_Euphoria View Post
I have never experienced any sort of trip by the means of DXM, I have even extracted it from robotussin...I wonder if there is some sort of immunity with some people because I have tried Coricidin many of times and not once have I in return experienced a trip.

There were times where I thought I was tripping...only to then say...you're not tripping you're shitting yourself...

I really don't know if I had taken it right or what but it fails me....

most people say they use some cough medicines in them to get high but then I find out from my friend at the pharmacy that most coriciden is taken with a partnering chemical to cancel out hallucinogenic trips...

regardless if this information is true...I don't even think it would be worth taking...There are probably numerous risk factors involved when taking these pharmaceuticals and these drugs are just as dangerous as hard hitting street drugs If not used properly
Perhaps you lack the enzyme needed to properly and timely metabolize DXM. A percentage of the population lack it. It's a liver enzyme known as cytochrome P450-2D6 (also CYP2D6, or debrisoquine 4-hydroxylase). And of the people who have it, subtle genetic variations can result in different activity. Thus, while one person may metabolize DXM pretty quickly, another may not (there are other pathways which are much slower). Certain drugs like prozac can also inhibit this enzyme.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:32

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

The problem with the above suggestion is that those without CYP2D6 experience more potent (although more unpleasant) effects of DXM at lower doses than most people.

Please keep this discussion on topic (how CCCs differ from DXM subjectively). There is another thread for health risks.
Old 14-04-2008, 19:57
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from USA - New York
Smokey420 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1

I find exceeding more than 10 triple c's makes the anticholinergic effect of CPM much harder to control, and will result in a less lucid and more crazy messed up trip.

Using C"s as a booster(as much as 4 CCC's) is alright i find it adds to the body high

don't take triple c's again they are dangerous!
Old 14-04-2008, 20:10
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12 Points: 7,449, Level: 12
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I hope you've learned to do a bit of research before blindly dumping drugs down your throat. The "shoot first and ask questions later" approach to drug taking is a very poor one. What's the point of having been a member on this board for three months if you won't avail yourself of the information here?

The bare minimum of research before taking anything would have told you that CCC contains a very dangerous drug called CPM.

If you don't learn this lesson you're likely to end up a statistic. Good luck.
Old 18-04-2008, 17:55

24 y/o Male

yea well just to let you know this was actually the first time SWIM has ever just jumped into a drug. This incident was just a spur of the moment thing. SWIM has done multiple drugs including LSD and ecstasy. SWIM carefully researched both drugs throughly before actually doing them. So maybe you should stop acting like you're so high and fucking mighty because SWIM is sure that almost everyone has made bad decisions.
Old 18-04-2008, 18:11
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

After all the warnings about coricidin why do people continue to experiment with it?One could find warnings about everywhere online,on df,and by word of mouth.
Old 18-04-2008, 19:24
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughreguard View Post
yea well just to let you know this was actually the first time SWIM has ever just jumped into a drug....
Yes, and look what happened.

Quote:
So maybe you should stop acting like you're so high and fucking mighty because SWIM is sure that almost everyone has made bad decisions.
Yeah, back when I was a kid before the internet in the dinosaur age, when such in formation was not available to us at the touch of a few buttons. There is no such excuse anymore. If you mean to imply that I would take a drug without properly researching it prior to ingestion, then you are incorrect sir.

Maybe there's a reason I wrote so strongly worded a post to you, beyond a desire to be "high and mighty?"

I was hoping to instill in you a sense of just how dumb it is to take drugs without knowing what you are taking first. Just in case the experience didn't teach that clearly enough.

If I succeed in making my point, I could really give a shit whether you think I'm a nice guy or not. I didn't write a post to make friends. One stupid decision regarding drugs is enough to send you to the emergency room or worse.

As I stated in my first post - good luck. I am sorry my post caused you such distress. You might consider trying to be less sensitive to what people say on the internet, I'm rather surprised that my post resulted in such an angry outburst.

Last edited by radiometer; 18-04-2008 at 19:40.
Old 18-04-2008, 19:29
Banned

24 y/o Male
truth is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM took 64 of those little fuckers. Never again. Really listen, they will kill you. SWIMs friend was throwing up blood on SWIM while SWIm was holding him basically dead. Dont fuck with triple C's CPM does kill. Really, Radio and everySWIM here is just trying to help. Do not take it negatively, SWIMmers just don't want SWIYOU to become a statistic bro that its. Look at other options. besides CCC
Old 18-04-2008, 19:45
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

64?WOW!Swim's last and final coricidin experience only involved eight and he thought he was going to die.The idea of 64 is just beyond swims comprehension,well the idea of doing coricidin at all is beyond swims comprehension.Dxm itself feels dangerous,swim knows there is some controversy over the dangers of dxm but swim is pretty sure it is pretty high on the list of the more dangerous mind altering substances.However in moderation and with safe usage harm can be seriously reduced.The only harm reduction for coricidin though in swims opinion is to simply avoid it at all costs.
Old 18-04-2008, 19:48
bananadine addict

Male from United States

I'm glad that Truth is still with us. Geez.

Did you have any hemorrhageing, blood out the ears, anything like that?
Old 20-04-2008, 07:58
Banned

24 y/o Male
truth is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiometer View Post
I'm glad that Truth is still with us. Geez.

Did you have any hemorrhageing, blood out the ears, anything like that?
SWIMs friend was throwing up blood and crying. Everything felt very hot and tight in SWIMS eyes and very dry, SWIM felt like he had no legs and was throwing up constantly. SWIM also felt everything was delayed in his mind to what he was doing. Everything was very very heavy and talking was impossible. People said SWIM looked like he had Down Syndrome and was just sitting there in a land of confusion.SWIMs gf and SWIMs friend had his gf there too.SWIMS friend looked him in the eyes and said "Bro i think we are dying" And SWIM said, "Ill see you there" and then SWIM and his friend both fell asleep and woke the next morning and SWIM had his drivers test. SWIM was 16 at the time. Very scary. Since then SWIM wont touch it. SWIMs friend was rolled in a ball at one point scratching himself and screaming. Very confusing experience. Very hot, like 102 Temp. Very uncomfortable dry eyed weird unexplainable feeling. SWIM now has gag reflex and has trouble swallowing even food. SWIM never knew about how bad ccc was and was doing it for 3 years. Introduced it in 7th grade. did it Till 10th. SWIM wish he knew better back then...
Old 20-04-2008, 13:06
Silver Member

64. omg thats near 2000mgs. Was that a suicide attempt or just an extremely bad decision? Fucking insane pardon my french. Glad swiy is still with us.........wow
Old 21-04-2008, 21:49

24 y/o Male

SWIM realizes that CCC are bad, and SWIM definitely isn't going to do them anymore. It just pissed SWIM off that radiometer feels that he can be a condescending ass just because he is older, "more experienced", and has never made a mistake or bad decision.
Old 21-04-2008, 21:59
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7

When I was 16 I was doing graduate school level organic chemical synthesis work, and teaching chemistry in a high school. And, at 16, I could be a condescending ass to people in their 50's! It's not an agist thing - it's from trying for years to get dawn to break on Marblehead.
Old 21-04-2008, 22:53

Male from United States

Doughreguard: Personal disputes do not belong here. Feel free to settle this issue by private or profile messages.
Old 21-04-2008, 23:55
bananadine addict

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers007 View Post
It's not an agist thing - it's from trying for years to get dawn to break on Marblehead.
Somebody gets it. Hell, I'd be happy if dawn would just break on Swampscott.
Old 22-04-2008, 01:47
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7

Or even Danvers for that matter...Ipswich is so H.P. Lovecraft.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
bad trip, ccc's, coricidin hbp cough & cold, drug, drugs-forum, dxm first time experiences, first time, robotrip, robotripping, trip reports, triple c's, tripping, wiki