Notices

Old 26-03-2008, 22:04
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
longdistancerunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Best Recipe for Poppy Seed Tea

So my gerbil tried poppy seed tea for the first time the other day...he washed 300g seeds in warm water stirred, filtered, etc. and was ultimately unimpressed. A lot of the recipes he saw in his research, including the one from poppyseedtea.org in which the user od'ed , used lemon juice, so he decided to lated do another extraction on the same seeds, this time adding the juice of two lemons to the mixture. Needless to say this really did the trick, he had pinpoint eyes all night and felt as if he had taken 40-50mgs of morphine sulphate. Because morphine in its alkaloid form is already water soluble...and I believe would not readily react with citric acid to form the citrate salt unless the morphine was first converted into the freebase as citric acid is a weak acid, this drastic increase in effect puzzled him. He decided to do some more research and found this research study titled Solubility behavior of narcotic analgesics in aqueous media: solubilities and dissociation constants of morphine, fentanyl, and sufentanil. One quote from the abstract proved to be particularly interesting...."at low pH's the aqueous solubility of morphine increased in a linear fashion with increases in the molar strength of citric acid which was added to acidify the medium, suggesting the formation of a soluble morphine-citrate complex." Hmmmmm....Gerbilicious(that's his name), decided to investigate. This time he used the same mass of seeds 300g but squeezed in the juice of three lemons to the solution(about enough water was added to cover the seeds 2'' in a 2 liter pitcher)...In terms of effect lets just say that he couldn't even drink the entire tea. It seems as if morphine does in fact form some interesting, and very soluble complex with citric acid. According to what I have read, seeds only contain alkaloids due to unwashed opium residue on their shells...could it be possible that some of the extreme variation in strength experienced by seed tea users could be more a function of recipe than what's been previously believed? If the creation of this morphine-citric acid complex contributes as significantly as Gerbilicious has observed to the removal of opium residue from seed coatings, maybe poppy seeds could actually become a viable source for home-cooked opium.

here's the link to the abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2569731
Old 28-03-2008, 00:16
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8
Re: Best Recipe for Poppy Seed Tea

This has been discussed many times over. Citric acid or "sour salt" is the most common pH adjuster for Morphine based solutions. SWIM always stated that it was for good reason. Not only does it make the morphine complex but it also does a few other things if one were to research it a little.

Thanks for the link however. It proved interesting.
Old 28-03-2008, 00:18
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

Swim has never had much success with the seeds.The amount of seeds someone with a tolerance like swim would need would probably be ridiculous.
Old 29-03-2008, 01:30
Banned

24 y/o Male
truth is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid_Suspiria View Post
Swim has never had much success with the seeds.The amount of seeds someone with a tolerance like swim would need would probably be ridiculous.
Will SWIY explain how his tolerance is... SWIM is making some tea right now.

For opiates SWIM usually does an 80 of oxy or 50mg of hydrocodone...
SWIM isn't too hyped on the tea, even though SWIMs friends say its great.
SWIMs friend is an experienced opiate user and says the tea works wonders so who knows.

Nothing lost over a little money right.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:01

35 y/o Female from Canada
mycrazydream is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Quote:
So I was talking to my friend Jared the other day. Quite the junky, Jared is. Good kid though.

While Jared does not have the tolerance he used to have (3-7 crushed OC 80 mgs a day), to this day taking a couple hydrocodone is indistinguishable from aspirin to him. Jared will drink the tea from between 2-10 lbs of poppy seeds. At first blush, this may seem like too much liquid to drink, which is why Jared washes consecutive lbs of seed with the same tea. Oh, Jared told me to tell you... understand that seeds are probably the most variable source of opiate there is. One to two lbs of one seed is equivalent to 10 lbs of another. Still, Jared has never messed around with less than a pound. (Don't be like Jared!)

What's that Jared? No no, it's nothing. What were you saying about the amount to start with?

For this reason, he says, always start small when making tea from unfamiliar seeds. He also says that boiling anything is a waste of time. The trace amounts of latex on the seeds are freed and dissolved with a bit of lemon juice and elbow grease. The 2-liter bottle method is best.
Old 03-04-2011, 18:26
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
heyvov is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrazydream View Post
So I was talking to my friend Jared the other day. Quite the junky, Jared is. Good kid though.

While Jared does not have the tolerance he used to have (3-7 crushed OC 80 mgs a day), to this day taking a couple hydrocodone is indistinguishable from aspirin to him. Jared will drink the tea from between 2-10 lbs of poppy seeds. At first blush, this may seem like too much liquid to drink, which is why Jared washes consecutive lbs of seed with the same tea. Oh, Jared told me to tell you... understand that seeds are probably the most variable source of opiate there is. One to two lbs of one seed is equivalent to 10 lbs of another. Still, Jared has never messed around with less than a pound. (Don't be like Jared!)

What's that Jared? No no, it's nothing. What were you saying about the amount to start with?

For this reason, he says, always start small when making tea from unfamiliar seeds. He also says that boiling anything is a waste of time. The trace amounts of latex on the seeds are freed and dissolved with a bit of lemon juice and elbow grease. The 2-liter bottle method is best.
That sounds like a ridiculous amount of effort (and liquid to drink) if you're doing 10 lbs of seeds. Why don't you just do heroin?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:11

35 y/o Female from Canada
mycrazydream is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Jared says that heroin is an intravenous drug obtained through nefarious means, comprised of questionable substances, and in general a whole helluva lot more dangerous. There is no doubt that PST is a labor-intensive method to go about getting ones head-change.

mycrazydream added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

And it doesn't end up being very much liquid.

Last edited by mycrazydream; 05-04-2011 at 05:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-06-2011, 05:52
Banned

Male from United States
Practical_Toker is heading for the Darwin Award.Practical_Toker is heading for the Darwin Award.

How long does this take to kick in?
Lol.
I washed my seeds twice. Once with hot water, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and a slice of lime dropped into the bottle. Shook vigorously for a while, let it sit for a while, shook more, poured into a bowl and drank.
Second wash I used apple juice instead of grapefruit (both contain 130% vitamin C), as well as hot water, and that slice of lime. The lemon juice was expended on the first wash.
Any idea how long before I feel some kind of effect?
I used 4 bottles of seeds from the spice section. It sucks. It's nearly impossible to find seeds or pods in California.

If anyone knows where to get seeds in bulk, or pods period, please let me know. PM if you must, but somebody please tell me where to get reliable products. It's nearly impossible to find anything larger than what's in the spice rack.
I used 280g of seeds.

That's not enough to make a difference, is it?... Even with 2 washes??
I haven't smoked any dank since this morning. Maybe I should...

Practical_Toker added 5 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Oh yea, I got another question.
California poppy and Somniferum have good synergy, do they not?
I have quite a few dried California poppies. Originally I picked them as a mild sleep aide, but have yet to try it.
Should I do one more wash of the seeds, this time with really hot water and California poppies, and let it steep for a good while?

Last edited by Practical_Toker; 21-06-2011 at 05:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-06-2011, 06:59
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practical_Toker View Post
(both contain 130% vitamin C)
I doubt you mean the juices are 130% vitamin C
The bottles probably say 130% of daily value PER SERVING!!
I'm pretty sure that the standard serving of apple juice is 8 fl oz or some shit like that.
But i'm positive the serving size of lemon juice is nowhere near that high, the bottle isnt even 5oz let alone 8.
Anyways my point is that lemon juice has a substantally more vitamin C than apple juice. Just to clarify any confusion

purelyscientific added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraigecko View Post
This has been discussed many times over. Citric acid or "sour salt" is the most common pH adjuster for Morphine based solutions. SWIM always stated that it was for good reason. Not only does it make the morphine complex but it also does a few other things if one were to research it a little.
What other things does it do?

Last edited by Nanashi; 21-06-2011 at 06:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-07-2011, 22:26
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
lord of the smack craft is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1

Quote:

swim begining to think the same tbh, very heavy user but only on methadone atm but lowered than usual hoping it will work

well tomorrow 250g and if that does nothing forget it no more cash wasting
Old 21-07-2011, 04:43

26 y/o Male from United States
metallica58266 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

swim has had much success with seed tea. swim buys them and a half gallon of natural diet lemonade or orange juice from a local bulk grocery store. swim usually does around 1 1/2 lbs or 675g (the bags come in 1/2 lb bags or about 225g) swim pours seed into container, pours in juice to cover seeds by about 1/2 to an inch depending on how much juice swim wants. seal and shake the hell out of it for 20 mins. strain out juice and consume. the feeling swim usually gets is around about 1 or 2 hydrocodones. swim is going to try about 2 lbs next. swims enjoys seeds and has never had a bad experience. through much experimenting with different extraction methods swim finds this to be the best.
Old 21-07-2011, 07:28
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
lord of the smack craft is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1

can i ask are any of the others here people they know doing it on methadone or ex users of heroin because this would make big difference yes ?
Old 22-07-2011, 07:16
Silver Member

Male from Australia
AusJork is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practical_Toker View Post
How long does this take to kick in?
Lol.
I washed my seeds twice. Once with hot water, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and a slice of lime dropped into the bottle. Shook vigorously for a while, let it sit for a while, shook more, poured into a bowl and drank.
Second wash I used apple juice instead of grapefruit (both contain 130% vitamin C), as well as hot water, and that slice of lime. The lemon juice was expended on the first wash.
Any idea how long before I feel some kind of effect?
I used 4 bottles of seeds from the spice section. It sucks. It's nearly impossible to find seeds or pods in California.

If anyone knows where to get seeds in bulk, or pods period, please let me know. PM if you must, but somebody please tell me where to get reliable products. It's nearly impossible to find anything larger than what's in the spice rack.
I used 280g of seeds.

That's not enough to make a difference, is it?... Even with 2 washes??
I haven't smoked any dank since this morning. Maybe I should...

Practical_Toker added 5 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Oh yea, I got another question.
California poppy and Somniferum have good synergy, do they not?
I have quite a few dried California poppies. Originally I picked them as a mild sleep aide, but have yet to try it.
Should I do one more wash of the seeds, this time with really hot water and California poppies, and let it steep for a good while?
For Swim it starts to take effect very shortly after drinking...like 10-15 minutes for first effect and about an hour or two until peak effect.

Stuff on the spice rack at the grocery store is going to be useless most the time (not all the time though) Bulk stuff you might be able to find at health food stores and Indian or 'European' grocers.

If you look hard enough SWIM would bet you'd find some quality potent seeds. The amount of effort of work it'd take to find them may be too much though...for swim it's very easy since he lives near the tasmanian legal poppy fields and the seed is sold wholesale/bulk and unwashed in several locations nearby.

Swim didn't think much of poppy seed tea until he tried a potent batch...and it totally kicked his arse. Great stuff.

Some poppy seeds will do nothing, some will do a little bit and some will do a lot - just keep in mind when you get some strong seeds, be careful because the next batch may be even stronger (swim has had it happen to him)

If you're on methadone or heroin at high doses poppy seeds are a waste of time mostly. However swim has seen fairly heavy heroin addicts use strong tea and have it 'hold' them 24 hours.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:20

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
TSBl0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica58266 View Post
swim has had much success with seed tea. swim buys them and a half gallon of natural diet lemonade or orange juice from a local bulk grocery store. swim usually does around 1 1/2 lbs or 675g (the bags come in 1/2 lb bags or about 225g) swim pours seed into container, pours in juice to cover seeds by about 1/2 to an inch depending on how much juice swim wants. seal and shake the hell out of it for 20 mins. strain out juice and consume. the feeling swim usually gets is around about 1 or 2 hydrocodones. swim is going to try about 2 lbs next. swims enjoys seeds and has never had a bad experience. through much experimenting with different extraction methods swim finds this to be the best.
Swim just bought some "frontier" seeds from a large well known online vendor. Swim looked at the reviews to see what kind of quality they were and to see if people were saying if they were washed or not.

Swim has never done seed tea or pod tea, but has experience in opiates (almost exclusively hydrocodone). If you are doing over a pound in your extractions swim would suggest you try to find a different seed brand that isn't cleaned as well.

TSBl0l added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Especially if all you are feeling from it is comparable to 1-2 hydros.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Answered the question very good.

Last edited by TSBl0l; 10-09-2011 at 01:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-01-2012, 01:27
Silver Member

40 y/o Male from United Kingdom
miffytherabbit is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 138, Level: 1 Points: 138, Level: 1 Points: 138, Level: 1

My Rabbit tends to use 200mg for one small cup of poppy tea, sometimes 150mg. My rabbit doesn't use lemons as he finds it makes him want to gag, so he uses Blackberry Vinegar - which is an Old English recipe that is common in the Midlands of England, it's often poured over Yorkshire Pudding with sugar added and used as a dessert.

My rabbit uses a smallish bottle - generally a litre size, adds the poppy seeds and then about two table spoons worth of Blackberry Vinegar. Then he adds very warm, but not scalding or boiling water in a small amount. Then he vigorously shakes this in his bottle for around ten minutes. After this, he adds more water, filling the bottle to around half full. Again, Rabbit never uses boiling water as he understands this can destroy the valuable opiates and other goodies, he just uses very warm boiled water. After this he shakes vigorously again for another ten minutes.

Then he leaves the concoction to sit for sometime - perhaps several hours, before considering consuming it. Rabbit uses Poppy Seed & Blackberry Tea when he runs out of his pain killers, which he is now taking for Gallstones and problems with his bile duct. His prescribed painkillers are Dihydrocodeine and Oramorph. 9/10 times rabbit finds pain relief through this method and also prevention of withdrawal symptoms. Occasionally he has had a rubbish batch of seeds, but this has been rare. Effects last for around 7-10 hours but are quite different to either Dihydrocodeine or Oramorph. Whilst rabbit finds it difficult to explain exactly why it is different, he would say the Poppy Tea experience is gentler and has an "all over" effect on his body, relaxing his muscles and bringing about a quiet and peaceful contemplative state of mind. This is more akin to Oramorph than to Dihydrocodeine - the latter being quite speedy and edgy feeling, making rabbit feel talkative and restless.

Rabbit has found that seeds which present with a whitish or blue powdery appearance tend to be far superior. Rabbit is not versed in these matters but wonders if this is because the blue/white substance may be opium.

Ttfn.
Old 21-01-2012, 17:26
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
ChiselD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

Just received a package of 1lb bulk frontier seeds, papaver somniferum, and they are white, blue, n black...hoping for some good returns. When ordered, they said these were unwashed. Trying to use these to stave off addiction to more expensive pharmaceuticals. Now I wait...

Have been a former heroin, methadone, hydromorphone and Oxycontin addict. IV usage, previously, but quit thru the use of buprenorphine. Used 30 mgs of oxycodone last night, and I weigh approx 180 lbs. Cheers!
Old 22-01-2012, 22:43

26 y/o Male from United States
BDog21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

I just made my first batch of PST. Used 1lb of Frontier brand seeds obtained from a local health food store. I put 1lb of seeds in a 2 liter bottle, about 2 shots worth of lemon juice and water to cover them, shook vigorously for about 5 min then squeezed it out of the bottle with the cap slightly loosened. Drank half of the tea about 15 min ago will probably drink the other half in about 20 min if im not where i want to be.

BDog21 added 8 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

The seeds were black and dark blue and i found a few little specs of what looked like plant material so hopefully they will be good seeds!

Last edited by BDog21; 22-01-2012 at 22:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-01-2012, 05:32

35 y/o Male from United States
Lokifundegu is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone I know that's very close to me, I call him SWIM, happened to contract hepatitis c many years ago through a dirty tattoo or piercing. He is awaiting a liver transplant due to the damage done and has been on heavy opiate pain meds for over a year now, often falling short for the month and being racked with severe withdraw. Today he tried PST to remedy the withdraw with promising effect. A local Amish market sells some untreated Dutch poppy seeds in bulk, as well as pure citric acid crystals. 225 grams of seeds and a tablespoon of citric acid agitated in hot water yielded a very cloudy, brownish liquid which was poured off using a French press. My friend maintains that even though it was bitter, the resulting tea promised a long awaited good nights rest without so much as a shin ache. The ingredients could also be used three or four times without much loss of flavor. Though seeming to be unconventional, it appears to be far from a mistake to make a delicacy of a beverage in this manner and I believe my dear friend will partake again without hesitation in the future.
Old 05-02-2012, 23:10

Female from United States
Gertrude Greenbottom is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM used about 2LBs of seed with pure citric acid, 3 cups water, and about forty-five minutes shaking the mixture. She filtered the seeds out with a wifebeater and mixed with a tiny bit of sugar. She drank it down in a few big slugs.

SWIM noticed very subdued effects, she has used heroin on and off for years, with a definite nod to the codeine and thebaine. She said that codeine and oxy-type opiates make her angry/annoyed. She described very little morphine floatiness and an aggro mood. Her back pains were not subdued either. Not worthwhile to the normal user according to her

Share this on:

Tags
making heroin, poppy pod tea preparation