Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 25-03-2008, 11:20

Female from United Kingdom
kitty44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 169, Level: 2 Points: 169, Level: 2 Points: 169, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Hear voices every time take amphetamine

Hi - SWIM hears voices every time SWIM takes speed now and has had a couple of psychotic episodes so has to be careful not to overdo it. There's one male voice told me his life story and told me he was a spirit. Anyone else get voices? Wonder if it he really is a spirit, or is my head just fucked basically.
Old 25-03-2008, 15:43
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41 Points: 83,251, Level: 41
Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4% Activity: 49.4%
Re: Hear voices every time take speed

It may be time to seriously quit all drug use. Additionally SWIY may be very surprised what the effect of high dosed multivitamines / amino-acids will do. Average quality supplements will not cut it.

Has SWIY been taking care of her body lately? Sleep, food, etc?
Old 25-03-2008, 17:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

49 y/o Male
turmoiled is an unknown quantity at this point

If that was me, meaning you. I would consider never never doing speed again . How would you like to be stuck in that moment forever . Possibly opening a door that you cant shut!!! Dont go their, now i know someone who opened the door and has to take medication for the voices. Please becarefull!!!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very good advice, opening a door you can't shut is all to real regarding mental health.
Old 25-03-2008, 20:48
Platinum Member & Advisor

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

As Alfa and suavem1 said, it's time to stop right now. Google "amphetamine psychosis" for some details on what this might be.

It's well known that too much amphetamine use (where the amount that is "too much" varies according to the individual) can cause psychosis. I heard one consultant psychiatrist say that given enough amphetamine, everyone would eventually exhibit psychosis because of the increase in dopamine that it causes.
Old 25-03-2008, 20:51
Silver Member

Male
kaczynski is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM has experienced very faint "voice-like" auditory hallucinations after using large quantities of speed, as well as seeing the shadow people constantly lurking in his peripheral vision. As far as what you're describing, the other guys already said it all.
Old 26-03-2008, 20:22

33 y/o Male
mspen1018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

If SWIY doesn't stop you may hear voices forever, is SWIY tweaking or taking speed for ADHD???

I ask because SWIM used to tweak a lot and SWIM has ADHD too and because of sensitization, SWIM can't take therapeutic doses of any amphetamine but can take dexmethylphenidate and not get psychotic at all. Tweaking messes up the brain and dexedrine was my 'gold standard' ADHD med and 5 mg TID made me completely nuts and pre tweaking I took 80 mg per day for ADHD.
Old 26-03-2008, 21:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
norcolepsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1

Can you give some perspective on how deep your speed abuse is? have swiyou done large amounts(more then prescribed) for a long time on a consistant basis, or is amphetamine something that is new to you and you've noticed a horrible side effect?
Old 27-03-2008, 19:23
R.I.P.

Female
cyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way up
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2

Swim's son was taking a low dose of adderall for ADHD, 15 mgs, and was hearing voices. Swim immediately took him off and he was fine. Some people are sensitive to amphetamines even in low amounts. It is a horrible side effect that most who abuse amphetamines will eventually go through in large or small doses.
Old 31-03-2008, 12:22
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BlondieUK is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Swim has seen the "shadow people" attempting to come at him, swim has sat on a tube and heard farmyard noises (complete with clucking, dogs running around etc)

Try and give it a break for a while if possible.
Old 02-04-2008, 00:29

Male from Mexico
beefybeef87 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

It's either that swiy really heard the voices a divine being aka God, or more realistically, this may be an early symptom of schizophrenia. I would quit the habit if I were swiy.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male
chavrob should review received reputation comments.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

ever time i get off it i her pll calling me or seagull shouting my name
Old 06-04-2008, 02:09

Thank for all the helpful advice. Unfortunately SWIM has done it again and is having yet another psychotic episode. The voices are real people and we can read each others thoughts. Please post reply if u r going through same thing - could do with someone to talk to.

Kitty44
Old 06-04-2008, 16:39
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
BlondieUK is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Swiy is having a schizophrenic episode. Call a doctor.

Post Quality Evaluations:
It is not possible to make an online diagnosis of this nature.
Old 06-04-2008, 19:54
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

first wife would hear the voices, she needed medication to stop the voices, and when she tweaked, ouch the voices would have her acting very dangerously, stop or don't stop its your call , at least for now.

Later though you will find a mental hospital as your mailing address, so you decide. Peace
Old 07-04-2008, 22:15
R.I.P.

Female
cyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way upcyndi is on the way up

Oh goodness swiy needs to stop all speed NOW! If not on her own, she needs to get help. The voices are not real, it is part of this mind maddening episode. After abstaining for a while if the voices are still there, she will probably need medication.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:02

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty44 View Post
Hi - SWIM hears voices every time SWIM takes speed now and has had a couple of psychotic episodes so has to be careful not to overdo it. There's one male voice told me his life story and told me he was a spirit. Anyone else get voices? Wonder if it he really is a spirit, or is my head just fucked basically.
SWIM remembers hearing such voices, some can be 'angelic', some 'demonic'. It can seem quite fascinating at first, but it's soon alarming. It only happened to SWIM after a lot of amphetamine abuse. Such auditory hallucinations are a known part of 'amphetamine psychosis'. 'Amphetamine psychosis' is not real psychosis-- no speed, no symptoms!

There is a lot of medical literature on this topic, for example:

Quote:
A mental status expected for a patient with amphetamine psychosis is as follows:
  • Appearance and behavior: Disheveled, suspicious, paranoid, difficult to engage, and poor eye contact
  • Speech: Decreased and rapid
  • Thought process: Guarded and internally preoccupied
  • Thought content: Paranoid; possible auditory hallucinations
  • Mood: Anxious
  • Affect: Paranoid and fearful
  • Insight and judgment: Poor
It was no spirit, just part of your own brain.

It is time to stop taking speed for a time, as everyone here is saying. The auditory hallucinations don't reappear without the speed in nearly every case (benzos can help calm people). BTW, SWIM hasn't touched speed for many years now.

Last edited by enquirewithin; 08-04-2008 at 07:10.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
Kernacktur is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1

SWIM used to get amphetamine psychosis real bad when he used. He would regularly stay up for a week straight. Usually by the third day he would start hearing footsteps in his house and voices right outside of his house. He once thought people were tracking him and the cops had gotten into his house to swab surfaces. Speed will make any logical person insane.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:12

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14

To paraphrase Augustus Stanley Owsley II who manufactured meth before making LSD, "Amphetamine makes you insane very quickly."
Old 10-04-2008, 20:48

Hi and thanks for all the advice. Been through a week of hell with voices (which are real people) and am now on valium for a week. Some of them are even in my dreams and they are being so nasty to me. Never touching the stuff again! So, if u r doing it every day, take care cos I've ruined it for life - can never touch the stuff again.
Old 11-04-2008, 00:06
R.I.P.

Female

Has swiy sought medical attention? Swim thinks she should do it asap. At least to safely detox and get a grip on "the voices".
Old 08-05-2008, 13:33

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Retro is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Thats great you go see a doctor and tell them your hearing voices and they will lock you up straight away here in the UK.

SWIM would personally just stay off the amp and only go see a doctor if it was the last resort
Old 08-05-2008, 14:08
Gold Member

Male from United States
purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.
Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6

The voice in your head is a very interesting thing, the voice in my head is telling me what to post here, im thinking it out and saying it in my head, i can talk to the voice it thinks and i can answer with the voice. Sometimes the voice carries on a conversation about my surroundings, your voice is reading this post now. Differentiating between this is and a physcotic episode is believing the voice is someone else, how do you feel about this voice.

Do you believe the voice is in your head (meaning its you), or do you believe the voice is a spirit?

I would recommend seeing a doctor, in the U.S. most likley you will be prescribed something along the lines of serequal an anti-physcotic drug. Can you work the problem out on your on meaning stopping taking meth, or is the voice breaking thru when your not on meth anymore?

Regardless of your information given to us, i would highly suggest seeing a doctor, now knowing that saying that is pretty useless in some cases because sometimes people aren't going to see a doctor no matter how valued the opinion is. We can try to access the problem but you have to work it out, this means it might take a doctor.
Old 08-05-2008, 14:17
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
doublezero is learning how to become a psychonaut.

swim met a gurl in the nut house that was doing alot of speed and hearing voices,
she was in quite a state, swim talked to her and helped her out.
she couldnt speak much at the start, but eventually she started to talk a bit more each day,
After a while she started to hear my voice in her head,
They put her on an anti psycotic (haliperadol) and eventually the voices calmed down and stopped
I saw her in a night club a few months later, and seemed like a regular girl, she had totally stopped the speed and the voices had stopped.
Old 08-05-2008, 19:40

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Thats great you go see a doctor and tell them your hearing voices and they will lock you up straight away here in the UK.
Do you have experience or knowledge of this? I would have expected that a doctor would be unlikely to "section"[1] someone just because they report hearing voices - I thought that sectioning was only used in extreme cases where the person was an immediate danger to themself or others.

[1] In the UK, admitted someone to a mental hospital against their will is called "sectioning", because the power to do so is granted by a section in The Mental Health Act 1983.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:08
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

here is the great USA the cops and or doctor can lock you up for a 72 hour observation , welcome you to your own padded cell and semi private stainless steel toilet.

Share this on:

Tags
1-phenylpropan-2-amine, adhd, alpha-methylphenethylamine, amphetamine abuse, amphetamine psychosis, amphetamine use, amphetamines, auditory hallucination, auditory hallucinations, cannabis, delusional state, drug, drug use, drugs, hallucinations, lack of sleep, nodding, nodding off, psychedelic, psychotic episodes, sleep deprivation, stimulants, tweaking