Notices

LSD LSD, liquid acid or blotter.

Old 01-02-2004, 01:07
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

CHEMsmile is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How to store and save LSD

Jatelka EDIT: This is a combined thread.

Okay, well I'm using this color because I like the name of it, Cyan. But anyways I am an experienced acid user (I've dropped it five times) and I recently (actually today) I picked up three tabs from my friend. Tonight my activities will be restricted to e which I'm trying for the first time but I'm not sure if my acid will go stale. I'm sure that tomorrow I'm not going to want to do it because my brain will already be too fried, so I might wait a week or more to recuperate before I drop it. I've heard that when keeping acid you should put it in the fridge, to help sustain its potency. If anyone knows anything about this or any other tricks to keep it working it's magic, please let me know..

Last edited by Phungushead; 28-10-2013 at 10:22.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:08

Sduibek is an unknown quantity at this point
It's broken down by oxygen, light (especially sunlight), and heat.

So put it in an airtight container in the freezer (maybe wrap it in some foil or something as well), and it should be okay.

Oh, also vitamin C helps prevent it from breaking down as fast.. so crush up some tablets of that and sprinkle it on the acid (if possible).

Good luck to ya.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:35

dspy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
put it in the freezer wraped in foil in a air tight bag
Old 05-02-2004, 04:13

Jester is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Problem with the freezer is the potential for condensation, which can melt some of the acid out of tabs. I find that the stuff keeps for months if i just keep it wrapped in tinfoil and a ziploc bag.
Old 21-01-2005, 00:03
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Gaza Strip
Daeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way up
Points: 1,175, Level: 5 Points: 1,175, Level: 5 Points: 1,175, Level: 5
I need some info regarding lsd stability and storing.I know that acid is very sensitive to temperature and humidity;that it can react with bunch of things(O2,Al, polyethylene-so I guess that Al and PE foils are out of the question).Somewhere on the net ive read that vitamin C can prevent it from decomposing. Has anyone tried this,cos I don’t want to waste a shitload for acid out of ignorance.
Thanks

Last edited by Jatelka; 09-09-2007 at 08:12.
Old 21-01-2005, 05:49

Male
noeticbuzz should review received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Wrap in plastic wrap, then wrap in tinfoil then throw her in the freezer and lucy will be fine.
Old 21-01-2005, 10:31

Male from Gaza Strip
Daeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way upDaeron is on the way up
yeah,but wont it react with PE from the plastic wrap,and im talking about storing sheets of lucy for a longer period
Old 21-01-2005, 14:01
Gold Member

Male
ChemicallyBound is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

Daeron,

whoever told you that PE reacts with lucy is waay off, it doesn't. as a matter of fact, PE will hardly react to anything at all except heat!

AS far as ascorbic acid is concerned, I would not do that! vit C is an acid and will react with many substances. The reason some people use it ( unknowingly ) is that it acts as a dessicant to absorb the moisture. Use the silica gel dessicant pouch that came in the ascorbic acid bottle intead to absorb the H2O.
Old 21-01-2005, 23:26

Male from Gaza Strip
Concerning the lsd and PE:This is the info ive had on PE/lsd reaction :PE wrappings are made from LDPE(low density PE) which has a large empty inter molecular space so it could adsorb lsd molecules.On the other hand when I think about it,PE is a nonpolar substance and lsd is a polar one,so I guess PE/lsd interaction is an another stupid street story.

Last edited by Jatelka; 09-09-2007 at 08:12.
Old 21-01-2005, 23:45
Gold Member

Male
ChemicallyBound is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1

*when I think about it,PE is a nonpolar substance and lsd is a polar one*

answered your own question

ANOTHER stupid street story if I've ever heard one. PE is extremely NON-POLAR but this means in solution. lsd is polar as the tartrate you find.

sure LDPE, just means the polymerized molecules are more "spaced -apart" , big deal, the stuff is still inert

take it from a chemist, these things don't mix / absorb each other

Old 04-02-2005, 06:48

RockGod should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 130, Level: 1 Points: 130, Level: 1 Points: 130, Level: 1
I was wondering what is the best way to store LSD and how to do it. I
would like to get a decent amount and hold onto it for when i want to
use it, because it only come around once in a great while where I am
from. Any information would be greatly appreciated....

thanks..............

*Peace*
Old 05-02-2005, 01:29

32 y/o Male from Denmark
ThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline Medline
Points: 3,449, Level: 8 Points: 3,449, Level: 8 Points: 3,449, Level: 8
LSD is a pretty unstable chemical, but it can be stored for longer periods of time without loosing too much potency, if kept in a cold, dark and dry room, preferably in a small compartment with not too much air flowing around. I do that with blotters, with liquid I put the bottle inside 3 zipbags, and then put it in the fridge.
Old 12-02-2005, 21:46

Male
noeticbuzz should review received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

Throw it in between the pages of a book, wrap it up in plastic wrap then foil and throw in the book, do the wrap and throw it in the fridge or freezer.

Many choices my friend, the things to look out for that degrade quality are heat, light, and oxygen.
Old 13-06-2005, 18:44

phenethylamine should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
there are some dosesthat are being stored in a cellophane from a cigarette pack inside of a refrigerator/freezer that is cold but not cold enough to freeze water. Is this okay? I am only wondering because I didn't know if the cellophane would react with the lsd negatively or not, and I'm not sure how cold it should be while being stored.

also, is it true that you can swipe a blacklight over lsd on blotter paper and see speckels which tell whether it is real or not? Just a few questions
Old 14-06-2005, 01:00

sanyan is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Your LSD should not react with cellophane. If you're only going to store it some days or weeks, then it should be fine if it's in a dark, dry, airtight and cool place. If you're sotring it years, then a freezer would be the best place.At room temperature, degredation is quite slow, so a cool room, out of the sun is generally enough to minimize break-down. Storing blotter in the refrigerator or freezer is fine, but is probably unnecessary. LSD destroys when brought into contact with oxygen, ultra-violet light, moisture, heat and light Usually an increase of 10'C effectivly about doubles the reaction rate for any given reaction. If you repeatedly freeze and it, it will shorten the life somewhat as you introduce more oxygen and contaminants every time you do that. If blotter is stored somewhere cold (as opposed to cool), it should be allowed to return to room temperature before being opened as this will prevent condensation from forming.

"A controlled study was undertaken to determine the stability of LSD in pooled urine samples. The concentrations of LSD in urine samples were followed over time at various temperatures, in different types of storage containers, at various exposures to different wavelengths of light, and at varying pH values. LSD concentrations were measured quantitatively by the Abuscreen RIA and by HPLC using a fluorescence detection method. Good correlation was observed between the immunoassay and the fluorescent integrity of the LSD molecule. Thermostability studies were conducted in the dark with various containers. These studies demonstrated no significant loss in LSD concentration at 25 degrees C for up to 4 weeks. After 4 weeks of incubation, a 30% loss in LSD concentration at 37 degrees C and up to a 40% at 45 degrees C were observed. Urine fortified with LSD and stored in amber glass or nontransparent polyethylene containers showed no change in concentration under any light conditions. Stability of LSD in transparent containers under light was dependent on the distance between the light source and the samples, the wavelength of light, exposure time, and the intensity of light. After prolonged exposure to heat in alkaline pH conditions, 10 to 15% of the parent LSD epimerized to iso-LSD. Under acidic conditions, less than 5% of the LSD was converted to iso-LSD. We also demonstrated that trace amounts of metal ions in buffer or urine could catalyze the decomposition of LSD and that this process can be avoided by the addition of EDTA. This study demonstrates the importance of proper storage conditions of LSD in urine in order to insure proper analytical testing results over time."
link

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very informative, answered my question
very informative post
Very informative post. Not sure why they stored it in urine, but still an interesting read.
Old 27-06-2005, 14:57

Dexy Mcfukfuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1

I recently aquired about 14 hits of acid and will not be using all of htem in the near future. I have heard a lot about acid being rathar unstable and breaking down really easily. BEcause i will not be using all of this acid in the near future i would like to know of away to store the acid so that it will be as potent as it is now. I know one must keep it in a dark dry place, but how does temperature effect it?\

Currently it is wrapped in some foil and in a plastic baggie, the baggie is in a dark closet in a temperature controlled room. Is this enough or should i take extra precautions?
Old 27-06-2005, 15:37
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Put it in your freezer as well. I've seen LSD-25 maintain it's potentcy for more than 10 years frozen in the dark.
Old 15-07-2005, 02:18

27 y/o Male
acidfiend should review received reputation comments.

how long will blotter last just in a baggie in my draw.
Old 25-11-2005, 22:48
Silver Member

Male from Earth
dogcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1
freezer storage of LSD

I've heard the best way to store blotter acid for a extended period of time is
in the freezer if one hypothetically wanted to do that how would one go
about it without destroying the acid, since if it was just in a foil in a freezer
bag wouldnt condesnation form and get the blotter wet and ruin it?

regards,
-dc
Old 25-11-2005, 23:39
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,425, Level: 41 Points: 82,425, Level: 41 Points: 82,425, Level: 41
Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4%
Vacuum sealed would do fine if one would not vacuum it all the way.Edited by: Alfa
Old 26-11-2005, 17:32
Gold Member

Caliform is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
SWIM keeps sugarcubes it in several ziploc bags and wrapped in tin foil
individually, and around this a soft plastic bag for condensation. SWIM
told me that it lasts at least two years.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:42

Male
Mace2124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Question from a noob, re LSD storage and potency.

So for the past 6 months "My Flamingo" been trying to get ahold of some acid and FINALLY s/he got some about 3 days ago. So when s/he bought it, the acid was dropped from a vial onto 4 pieces of little paper. The thing is, it wasnt blotter paper, but regular paper. So the pieces of paper were then put into an airtight plastic baggie. S/he took the baggie home and let it sit in a dark, cool closet for about 2 days. Then s/he decided to wrap the bag up in tin foil, and put it in the freezer. S/he plans on using 2 hits this weekend, and the other 2 on april 30th. Do you think they will be ok and still work to their full potential? Thanks guys.

*PS: "SWIM" is an alternative to the flamingo thing

Last edited by Jatelka; 14-04-2006 at 14:53.
Old 11-04-2006, 19:11
Palladium Member

Male from United States
bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.bman1 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4 Points: 864, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
If it was real it will stil be good. When it was dropped did the paper absord all of the liquid? Becareful with the freezer. If not airtight it can get ruined since there is water in the air. And if you have the edit option available to you edit you post to not refer to yourself and next time follow smokers advise.
Old 11-04-2006, 23:11
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
treefingers49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Newbies don't have an edit option.

SWIM would be a little worried that the paper didn't absorb all of the hits, which could mean that there's LSD all over the baggie. Sugar cubes usually work very well for distributing liquid LSD.
Old 21-06-2006, 20:57

32 y/o Male from Denmark
ThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline Medline
Points: 3,449, Level: 8 Points: 3,449, Level: 8 Points: 3,449, Level: 8
Lo-tech storage of LSD / Staying 8) at festivals)???

Hi, SWIM is in need of some good ideas on how to keep LSD stored without losing potency, probably in a tent, and hopefully in the sun during an entire week of partying. Beerfridges is not an option as it would eat up too many car batteries in just a few days (batteries ain't even allowed at the particular festival in mind).
Digging it down is SWIMs best bid right now, but it seems both like a hazle and quite suspicious, plus theres an added risk factor of moisture in the ground, but SWIM supposes vacuum sealing a few zipbags would take care of that.
Other idea so far : placing Lucy in a tubberware box, painted flat white on the outside to reflect the sun, and black on the inside to make it lightproof. This would only do good when out in the open though and SWIM intends to keep it in the shade at most times for several reasons. And improvement would be lining all sides of the box with a material that stays cool / takes long time to heat. What this material should be SWIM is not sure of, SWIMs been thinking about rocks, if they are not in direct contact with sun SWIM would recon they would stay somewhat cool. But when heated they also stay warm for a long time so .

Please give SWIM your inputs, would any of this be of help at all?, or if you have better ideas please share. SWIMs question goes for storing both blotter and liquid.

Share this on:

Tags
blotter, liquid acid, lsd, lsd storage, storing lsd, storing lsd in aluminum foil