Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-02-2008, 01:17
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.SmokeNmirrors is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4 Points: 653, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Types of Heroin

Swim has done heroin a good amount of times but is still fairly new, he sees things other swiy's say like number 4 heroin and other numbers. Swim has had off white heroin and sandy brown heroin but what do the numbers mean? Sorry if the question is kinda dumb or if it was brought up previously.
Old 27-02-2008, 05:05
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8 Points: 2,929, Level: 8
Re: Types of Heroin

no such thing as a dumb question. Only dumb people, And it is the dumb people whom do not ask questions in he first place so that they can remain informed and educated to have knowledge of the things that have a SERIOUS possibility of being lethal. Therefor SWIyou are not dumb and did not ask a dumb question, SWIyou merely asked to be informed about the different kinds of heroin so that SWIyou could remain educated. . LOL.

now, to the point . . . .

Heroin #3.
This is a more basic form of Heroin and is usually a brown to very brown powder, almost like raw sugar. It does not easily dissolve in water and requires an additive to help it dissolve in the water to make it suitable for injection. This additive is citric acid and there is a video around here somewhere on its correct use, search and ye shall find.

Heroin #4
has gone through a few more steps in its production and it suitable for injection "as is". It readily dissolves in water and requires no added citric. H4 is usually a light beige / off white to a very plain or stark white color.

H4 is usually more potent by weight than H3 because of the added purity steps (in theory). However, this also makes it a little easier to cut as anything soluble in water which is white can be used as an adulterant.

Hope this has been of help

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you for a informative post. Short and concise.
Good informative post.
Old 27-02-2008, 18:46
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Yea, two basic types, from what i have gathered the numbers come from the number of steps in the processing of the heroin, the final 4th step produces the white(ish) heroin in the form of a "salt" hydrochloride.

It's like comparing crack and cocaine, the crack is the base form of coke like brown heroin 3 which is also a "base", so cocaine is like heroin 4 as it is in the "salt" form.
Old 28-02-2008, 10:06
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
samuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPACsamuraigecko must think in IUPAC

black tar is technically a form of H4 .. a little more refined than H3 but slightly less refined than H4. the step that it is missing to make it H4 is the whole HCl salting and activated charcoal filtering. SWIwe have been jokingly reffering to it as H3.5

There is more HERE

Hope this has helped
Old 01-03-2008, 06:41
Silver Member

Male from Canada
InsaneNcrazY is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM asked a junkie for some H4 or HCL he didnt know what that was. He said there were 3 types he could get: slightly off white powder, black tar or a brownish yellow powder.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:15
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

off white powder, H4
black tar, a crude form of H4
brownish yellow, probably H3.

Hope this has helped
Old 03-03-2008, 13:50
Platinum Member & Advisor

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,053, Level: 9 Points: 4,053, Level: 9 Points: 4,053, Level: 9
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

To look at this from another angle, heroin like most alkaloids exists in two forms: the freebase and the salt.

H3 is the freebase form, which is not soluble in water and has a low melting and boiling point. This is suitable for smoking because the BP is low enough that it will boil before it decomposes, but it is not suitable for injection as-is because of the low water solubility.

To inject H3, it needs to be converted to the salt form so that it will dissolve. To do this an acid like citric acid or ascorbic acid is normally used.

H4 is the salt form, typically the hydrochloride, which is soluble in water and has a high MP and BP. This is not good for smoking, as the BP is too high, but can be dissolved in water for injection.
Old 03-03-2008, 15:55
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Being a salt does not render it unsmokable (although SWIpondlife is right, it is harder to do properly with the higher BP). The purity of the product is also a MAJOR factor in the smokability of the substance in question.

To elaborate on SWIpondlife's facts though.

H4 is a salt, usually a HCl salt (Diacetylmorphine HCl) suitable for injection "as is" (when dissolved in water appropriately of course). There are two ways to tackle the smoking factor if one wanted to smoke this fully processed salt form. 1] is to smoke it just like one would with opium, with an indirect flame and very carefully. Depending on the purity of the substance in question will depend on how well this works. 2] adding a small amount of water and putting that water into a "meth" or "ice" style pipe. This will help to vaporize the alkaloid since it is suspended in water. The problem with this is what one is also inhailing water vapor also. (Water on the lungs etc). So injection usually IS the way to go with H4 as SWIpondlife pointed out.

The jokingly H3.5 (black tar) is also in a salt form but actually an acetate salt. This is also suitable for injection "as is" when prepared but does benefit from the addition of a small amount of something acidic, a very small amount of lemon juice is usually suitable. Reports of this being smoked easily is common and is probably because the BP is not as high as the HCl salt form.

H3 is an acetylated base. It is smokable "as is" and is quite good smoked especially when the purity is high but to be suitable for injection it needs to be prepared, most commonly with citric acid as SWIpondlife explained.

Just an elaboration.
Old 03-03-2008, 17:27
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

The best heroin swim ever had was a light grey in color.Swim has no idea what number heroin this was.Swim was informed it was laced with something used in hospitals,swim theorizes it may have had dilaudid in it.It was called Predator and was going around the East Coast.
Old 04-03-2008, 14:21
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

SWIM had the same experience almost exact.

It was a light gray, rock form, soluble in water (so definitely a H4) but did not have the typical "beige white" or even "vivid white" SWIM has seen with most H4's.

It was the most intense H he had ever had, put him in hospital actually.

Old 18-03-2008, 05:36

Male
KiefboyJBM is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid_Suspiria View Post
The best heroin swim ever had was a light grey in color.Swim has no idea what number heroin this was.Swim was informed it was laced with something used in hospitals,swim theorizes it may have had dilaudid in it.It was called Predator and was going around the East Coast.
I imagine if it was as strong as you described, it may have had a bit of Fentanyl in it. I had a prescription a while back for the patch...I had two and each one lasted a couple days. It makes you really chill but isn't exactly like H, its different. My friends never cut it open and mixed it with H but I have heard that it is done sometimes to compliment good stuff or give a little boost to low quality stuff.

Last edited by Alfa; 25-10-2009 at 03:26.
Old 21-03-2008, 18:13
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraigecko View Post
black tar is technically a form of H4 .. a little more refined than H3 but slightly less refined than H4. the step that it is missing to make it H4 is the whole HCl salting and activated charcoal filtering. SWIwe have been jokingly reffering to it as H3.5

Hope this has helped
Black tar is utter rubbish, purely just nasty crap. The reason it's called black tar already says enough, it's very crudely refined. SWIM mostly had Heroin #3 which was of 90% purity(analysis confirmed), and lacking the HCL anion, it was even more potent that nearl 100% pure Heroin #4.

Last edited by Alfa; 25-10-2009 at 03:26.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:15

Male from United States
lyelock is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVeins View Post
so what is black tar heroin?
Black tar heroin is just a crudely made form of diacetylmorphine. When the traficantes go to the farmers to buy the opium gum that they make mexican tar from, they.....
1. Dont extract morphine base from the opium gum.
2. This in return makes for a gummy end product.

At least this is what I've picked up from this or that source. Latexy opium instead of morphine base makes Black unrefinable diacetylmorphine after reacting with acetic anhydride and finishing in the regular manner.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:27

Male from United States
shockabargegnar should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

tar isn't always shitty...sure i bet the best white is better than the best black, but tar can be as high as 80% heroin. That's enough to knock your socks off. Also white can be cut to shit and have 1% hypothetically. Tar has certainly od'd many addicts so don't take it lightly. Also tar is wonderful for those who like to smoke. Oh those junkies.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:10

29 y/o Male from United States
smackaroni is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

The only time I've gotten powder heroin its always been brown to light brown and when breathed upon turns into black tar H. It dissolved in water and was injectable for sure with no added acids. By far the best heroin I've ever gotten came in tar form but (unlike the black tar most people normally get) it was a much lighter brown color and had a distinctly different taste. Unfortunately(?) I was only a smoker back then, so I didn't get to try to shoot it up, but I was in the middle of smoking about a gram a day (of maybe 20-30% black tar, only a guess) and I took like 3-4 average-sized hits of it and a couple minutes later I was peacefully barfing my guts out. Also, I know exactly where this stuff comes from and know someone who can get it, but its over a thousand miles away and I haven't exactly had a consistent job for the past couple years, unfortunately. But, ahhh, someday, someday I'll get to try it again.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:03
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from Earth
Skäggbiff needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Great thread. Would have helped me a lot a few months back..

I am only familiar with two different types of Heroin, one in Cambodia and one in the UK and they are:

Afghan No. 3: Brown/beige color and a sweet smell. Taste also a bit sweet, some similarities with smoking raw opium.. Oh, and there is a unique fishy taste that is unbearable and also the main reason why my bag of no. 3 has had a life span of months instead of hours which regardless of substance, is very uncommon in this house.

China White: White color, sometimes a few hints of beige. Smell and taste of this wonderful product is unfortunately forgotten as it was first(-time) consumed around day 20 (until day 30) of a long & intense drug binge that I just have to share..

At the time, unschooled á Heroin. Curious but careful. My geographical location was superb and had been thought of years prior. The day: An old man helped me with my quest.. China White of exceptional quality was given to me but also "one warning one advise"..

The jungle khmers words of wisdom educated me..

I decided to "sprinkle some on the top" of a joint to test its potency regardless of my old and set plan: first time a.k.a. my virginity had to go to my injured yet hopeful nose.. Nevertheless.. I quickly understood how good it could get.

How? Will never forget - lovely and lethal.

Edit: 2-3 hours later: (I apologize for messy sentences and 'paragraphs'.)

Conclusion..

I like China White thats for sure. Right place and right time.

The brown "no 3." - a disappointment.. A waste of the sentence "I have never tried..". Quality far from expectation. Result: will never smoke it again unless I can transform this into the salt for rectal/nasal administration?

Experiences loaded with huge amounts of memorable information - lost while processing.

Skäggbiff

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, black tar, black tar heroin, citric acid, diamorphine, hcl salt, heroin #3, heroin #4, heroin purity, heroin quality, injection, opioid, opium, tar heroin, types of heroin