Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-02-2008, 04:40

Male from United States
superstar909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing Guaifenesin from pseudo.

Swim has searched the forums for advise but yeilded no help to this . Swim has obtained a sizeable amount of pills that contain 600mg Guaifenesin and 120mg Pseudo. and is not sure how to remove the Guaifenesin . Any sugesstions would be great .
Old 25-02-2008, 11:14

Male from United States
Re: Removing Guaifenesin from pseudo.

Merck Index- Guaifenesin
Properties: Minute rhombic prisms from ether, mp 78.5-79. bp19 215. Slightly bitter aromatic taste. One gram dissolves in 20 ml water at 25. Much more sol in hot water; freely sol in ethanol; sol in chloroform, glycerol, propylene glycol, DMF; moderately sol in benzene. Practically insol in petr ether.

Merck Index- PseudoephedrineProperties: Crystals from ether, mp 118-118.7. [α]D20 +51.2 (in ethanol). Sparingly sol in water. Freely sol in alc or ether.
Properties: Needles, mp 182.5-183.5. [α]D20 +62.05. uv max (ethanol): 208, 251, 257, 264 nm (ε 8300, 161, 201, 161). pKa 9.22. Soly at 25 (g/ml): water 2.0; chloroform 0.011; ethanol 0.278. Partition coefficient (25): 0.010 (n-octanol/water, pH 1.2); 0.049 (n-octanol/water, pH 6.0). LD50 i.p. in mice: 1.0 mmole/kg (Fairchild, Alles).
Old 27-02-2008, 05:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male
Bissle55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM was also dreaming of the method for cleaning the guaifenesin out of the gas station pills. I read the merck index you posted and think i saw what you were talking about. Ether seams that it should be used to extract the the pseudo from the Guaifenesin, right? the merck says guafenesin is practicly insoluble in ether, and pseudo is freely sol in ether. that seems to be the best route.

But swim was also wondering if you could steam distill these pills in a strong alkali like 12.5-14 ph like when you steam distill your reaction mixture to get your distilled meth freebase. I guess what i am asking is if guafensin is volatile in steam?

If im wrong please feel free to let me know, been pondering these things for a long time.
Old 27-02-2008, 06:11

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissle55 View Post
SWIM was also dreaming of the method for cleaning the guaifenesin out of the gas station pills. I read the merck index you posted and think i saw what you were talking about. Ether seams that it should be used to extract the the pseudo from the Guaifenesin, right? the merck says guafenesin is practicly insoluble in ether, and pseudo is freely sol in ether. that seems to be the best route.

But swim was also wondering if you could steam distill these pills in a strong alkali like 12.5-14 ph like when you steam distill your reaction mixture to get your distilled meth freebase. I guess what i am asking is if guafensin is volatile in steam?

If im wrong please feel free to let me know, been pondering these things for a long time.

The Guaf is insoluble in petroleum ether which is not the same as Ether so where does that leave swim ? Hopefully someone will eventually shed some daylight on this matter
Old 27-02-2008, 06:19

29 y/o Male
Bissle55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

This is obviously a well guarded secret I am afraid. I have been searching on this topic for months. If I find anything I will definatly let you know. You might want to look into steam distillation like i said. it is a method of obtaining essential oils from plants. It uses no solvents, except water. Less mess and more pure product. I know ephedrine and pseudo are volatile to steam and is a good way of getting what you want out of the ephedra plant. It might work with these guaifenesin pills if guaifenesin isnt volatile, this i havent found out yet.
Old 27-02-2008, 07:50

Male from United States

No doubt my friend , really the only thing that i see in these forums is people that like to send others who may have questions on a freakin treasure hunt with little hints and tips that leave you hangin . Thanks for your input on the distilling I would imagine that is were swim is heading next to research . I will defintely keep u updated with any new dreams . Good luck
Old 27-02-2008, 18:10

36 y/o Female
tina_craig is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Waterless A/B

Grind equal volume of Sodium Carbonate with pillmass.
Add Xylene, boil for about an hour.
Filter through dried MgSO4
Treat with anhydrous hydrogen chloride gas, filter.
Old 02-03-2008, 18:23

29 y/o Male from Iran
Decado85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM has some pills too that contain 2.5mg Triprolidine HCL and 60mg Pseudoephedrine HCL. Should swim do the same thing? and wat if just ignore that Triprolidine, does it make big diffrence?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:40

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado85 View Post
SWIM has some pills too that contain 2.5mg Triprolidine HCL and 60mg Pseudoephedrine HCL. Should swim do the same thing? and wat if just ignore that Triprolidine, does it make big diffrence?
Dont worry about the tripolidine , swim spent a many hours trying to get rid of it including just about all the remedies listed on the web(TCE , various soaks and washes) to later find out that the Trip. is actually bonded with the sudo and they each have similar chemical properities as far as solvents go . As a matter of fact to swim it actually makes the gear better , swim tends to get kind of wacky on the gear with Trip. also people go crazy about it just because it will burn a real pretty blue in a glass piece . Swim use to run these pills often just using denatured alcohol after crushing pills in blender . Pour on top of mass ,let settle ,decant 3X , evap , when it starts to skin up at the top , swim would dump Toulene over and bring to steady boil 2-3X and sometimes acetone boil . The pills swim used had Tripoldine 2.5 mg Pseudo 60mg and the normal lineup of inactives . Always pulled exactly 73% of fairly clean pseudo that reacted real good

Share this on:

Tags
acetone, clean pseudoephedrine, distill, distillation, dmx, dxm, ephedrine, ephedrine extraction, extraction, guaifenesin, how to extract, meth, mucinex, naproxen, pseudoephedrine, pseudoephedrine extraction, solubility

» New Threads
7 days clean from Oxycodone - need...
Last post by Taarna
4 Replies, 139 Views
What does Heroin do that other...
Last post by Daver87
9 Replies, 4,690 Views
What are your experiences with...
Last post by AltrdPercption
1 Replies, 24 Views
What to do on SPEED COMEDOWN??
Last post by Canadian4Life