Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 18-02-2008, 21:40
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Opiates and Adderall

Sorry if this has been already posted/Discussed (I searched with no luck) But swim was wondering If any body else takes Adderall and Opiates on a daily basis, and if they notice that the Adderall makes them take less Opiates or hides opiate withdrawal Symptoms really well. Swim takes 6-10 Norcos a day and has been taking 10 mg adderall XR daily. Swim has only taken 2-5 norcos a day since hes been on Adderall. Maybe its just Swim, just thought I'd ask.
Old 19-02-2008, 03:05
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bloodred1889 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 283, Level: 2 Points: 283, Level: 2 Points: 283, Level: 2
Re: Opiates and Adderall

maybe its the fact adderall is an upper and opiods are downers, but if you took adderall first then you would think taking opioids after would bring you down.

when
swim says adderall is an upper swim means its a stimulant were as opioids calm you down and make you feel drowsey.

actually swim doesnt know if opioids are classified as downers like sleeping pills are.

it does sound weird though.

but swims sure you already knew that and someone else would be able to give you way better info.

swim just found it interesting.
Old 19-02-2008, 20:18
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.Ontherooftops is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3 Points: 359, Level: 3

People do it all the time, every day, Swim's sure if I took a walk down some of the heavier streets in this fair city swim could find you someone on the same bag in minutes. Even if its not junk and tweak, its called a speedball, and its a pretty well gauranteed way to land yourself with an inescapeable addiction. It may not feel like something really hardcore or crazy right now, but you're basically hitting your brain where it counts, and rewiring the systems that determine your entire reality, so be careful.

Post Quality Evaluations:
false information
I think this is right - your brain is what wires everything
well he's not talking about speedballing per se, also this is the kind of generic pseudoscientific talk that I think we try to avoid at D-F...
Old 20-02-2008, 03:54
Palladium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontherooftops View Post
People do it all the time, every day, Swim's sure if I took a walk down some of the heavier streets in this fair city swim could find you someone on the same bag in minutes. Even if its not junk and tweak, its called a speedball, and its a pretty well gauranteed way to land yourself with an inescapeable addiction. It may not feel like something really hardcore or crazy right now, but you're basically hitting your brain where it counts, and rewiring the systems that determine your entire reality, so be careful.
haha Well Swim thanks you for the concern, but he will be fine. Swims in Chronic pain and life without opiates is impossible, Swim also has ADD and School without Adderall would be near impossible. Swims young and has kept his opiate use for the last 4 years under control and Both Swims pain Mgmt Doc and Family Doc know hes getting Pain Meds and Adderall and they SHOULD be able to catch any bad interactions. I've just noticed that on Adderall i dont feel WithDrawals and was wondering if its just me or if others feel it too, I know some people would like to be able to make a stash last or lessen the WD's and this may be of help, I understand the serious nature of both meds but Swim would of liked to know this info when he's had to go through WD's and Couldnt get more opiates but Adderall always available at my school.
Old 22-02-2008, 22:02
Palladium Member

Swim is Shocked at the lack of info on this subject. Hes searched the Web and found a thread on another forum started by someone who feels the same as he does. But just as many people who say Adderall/amphetamines make wd's worse. Maybe its because Swim has ADD and the meds effect him more but at a dose of just 10 mg adderall xr his wd's are minimum. Swim has questioned Local Lab rats, searched this forum, and ofcourse all the usually internet resources (google) but still really no info on if or why adderall all but eliminates wd's.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:00
Palladium Member

Update: The other day Swim was in full blown Withdrawal and took four 5mg Adderall XR pills (over the course of 24 hours) and didnt feel one symptom besides the diarrhea which he all but eliminated with a bottle of Pepto Bismol. Now Swim doesnt feel like Going through 3-7 Days of WD's to see how well the Adderall would work for the long haul but he was more then 24 hours into withdrawal and felt really good. He knows that replacing Adderall with opiates would only make you dependent on Adderall instead but coming off adderall is a cake walk compared to Opiates. Also another time swim started to wd off of opiates and was on adderall he felt his legs hurting a bit so it might depend alot on how much opiates you have in your system and how much adderall youre taking to mask it but 20 mg XR isnt a very high dose at all. Just thought someone might find it useful since theres no info here on the subject.
Old 10-03-2008, 23:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male
upperdecker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3

Last week my friend said he was going through some minor Opiate withdrawal when he also got a prescription for Adderall. He said that the Adderall didn't help the withdrawal the least bit. Then today he took an Opiate for the first time with Adderall (taken about 6 hours earlier) and he said that he couldn't feel the Opiate at all and he was pretty pissed about it. Then later in the day when he was coming down off the Adderall he all the sudden could feel the Opiate.

awful post in general
Old 11-03-2008, 07:17
Palladium Member

I've read on other website forums that some people said the Adderall didnt help with withdrawals either but the majority of them seemed to use adderall for fun and not have ADD. Ive noticed that adderall affects people who dont have ADD different then those who do but i cant find any solid info on adderall affecting Opiate withdrawals, just people like myself posting on boards saying how much the adderall completely wipes out the ill effects of opiate withdrawal.
Old 25-03-2008, 15:13

Sportsguy86 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1

Yes, adderall helps TREMENDOUSLY with opiate withdrawals. I am really surprised that I rarely hear it recommended, but believe its due to "replacing a drug for a drug" thing. But people recommend Benzo's, so who really knows.

When I quit opiate's cold turkey 2 years ago, Adderall really helped me get through it. The reason for this is the major symptom of opiate withdrawal is severe anxiety and depression. Sure, I know the physical symptoms all too well, but Adderall helps with this too.

Adderall strongly positively impacts the pleasure/GABA receptors in your brain, as well as endorphins and serotonin. It also increases motivation (lack of motivation HUGE symptom of opiate withdrawal) and euphoria. It also makes you physically feel good. I'm not saying it will remove the physical symptoms of severe aches and chills, but will help.

The important thing is to only take it in small doses (so you don't have an unpleasant comedown) and early on in the day, as it can cause insomnia, and one in opiate withdrawal is probably an insomniac already.

Only use it for the first 4 days of withdrawal. After then, your body should be in somewhat of decent enough shape to not need the adderall. You don't want to become dependent on the feeling adderall gives you because it also can be addicting, although nowhere near as bad as opiates.

So, I'd recommend a dose of 10mg in the morning and mid-afternoon. This will wear off around dinnertime. And then you have to totally change it around and prepare your body to try to sleep. Melatonin, valerian root, OTC sleeping aids, and possibly benzo's if you have no history of abuse.

Repeat this cycle here, along with taking vitamins, resting, drinking TONS of water, and staying as motivated as you possibly can, and I have NO doubt ANYBODY can get through opiate withdrawal.

good advice, thanks
Old 25-03-2008, 15:26

Sportsguy86 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1

Also, I would like to add that the effectiveness varies with how intensely one used opiates. If you'd been shooting up heroin 24/7 or taking extremely high amounts of oxycontin, well, be prepared to go through hell.

My opiate problem was relatively mild, although certainly a problem, somewhere between 50-100mg of oxycodone a day for about 3-4 months. For people like me with this level of a problem, use my plan. I promise it will make the process so much easier.

If you are an extremely heavy user, I'd recommend a "fast taper", in which you reduce use by 25% a week, and then after 4 weeks when you stop totally, use my plan.
Old 01-04-2008, 21:51

25 y/o Male from United States
Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3

SWIM has gone on his opiate binges of a couple days of mild to moderate doses of dilaudid (8-24mg) or heroin (0.2-0.4)

When he doesn't do opiates SWIM has taken his desoxyn (10mg-20mg daily) for days between with his xanax prescription and he feels fine with no WDs. When he does go through WDs they are a bitch but not extreme from what SWIM has seen/read.
Old 01-04-2008, 22:15
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

Well swim doesn't really care for suboxone but does take it daily.It feels too "chemical"and not enough like a real opiate.Well swim took some adderall today and has found that adderall actually brings out suboxones opiate qualities and masks its more negative qualities.Not sure why this is but swim feels pretty good.
Old 01-04-2008, 22:32

probably cuz they both tango with dopamine? SWIM has enjoyed suboxone when he had withdrawls from dilaudid but doesnt like to to the Ds much at ll lately because of those horrid 3 weeks cold turkey but SWIM made it and is handling his habit now with no WDs to speak of
Old 01-04-2008, 22:53
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

Wow swim envies people that can get on and off opiates with no withdrawal.Swim wishes he was still that way.Opiates do have a nice synergy with stimulants.Normally one couldn't lay down on coke and just melt into the music but if one combines cocaine and a strong opiate its like the best of two worlds.Swim thinks he likes adderall much better than cocaine and must try the combination of a much better opiate with adderall.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:31

SWIM tried his desoxyn with some hydromorphone and he was driving down the road on a pefect day and felt extrememly happy just watching the world go by and he felt like he wanted to do anything from work to help a friend to see a film. just anything he would enojy. incredible feeling of well being.

doses were 10mg of Desoxyn (Methamphetamine Hcl) and later 16mg of Dilaudid (Hydromorphone)
Old 02-04-2008, 05:42
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from USA - Texas
IntrepidTraveler is a decent psychonaut.IntrepidTraveler is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy86 View Post
Also, I would like to add that the effectiveness varies with how intensely one used opiates. If you'd been shooting up heroin 24/7 or taking extremely high amounts of oxycontin, well, be prepared to go through hell.

My opiate problem was relatively mild, although certainly a problem, somewhere between 50-100mg of oxycodone a day for about 3-4 months. For people like me with this level of a problem, use my plan. I promise it will make the process so much easier.

If you are an extremely heavy user, I'd recommend a "fast taper", in which you reduce use by 25% a week, and then after 4 weeks when you stop totally, use my plan.
I think your friend's recommendation is helpful, and it would have gotten some reputation points if you weren't self-incriminating! Read the rules over and make sure to use SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) or an equivalent whenever you are discussing anything even bordering on incrimination. And yes, this includes illegal substances that you took years ago. Otherwise welcome and good advice on surviving "mild" opiate withdrawls--my retarded pet rabbit has gone through a few of those and used a similar approach.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:56
Silver Member

Male from Earth
skeptoid is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

My stuffed beaver Wally has been going through the same thing.

Wally is Narcoleptic and has been prescribed Adderall XR 30 mg for the last two years. Recently, while at the dam (job), Wally suffered a back injury that resulted in two herniated disks w/ sciatica. To make a long story short, Wally eventually was prescribed Oxycodone APAP 10/350 ( Percocet ). He usually dosed two times a day: 8 hours after taking Adderall in the morning and before sleep.

Oxycodone affected Wally a bit oddly in two ways (when it was taken as directed):

1. When Wally took Oxycodone during the Adderall 8 hour extended period, Wally felt the Oxycodone effects a bit stronger, but also felt a bit more lethargic in comparison to taking Oxycodone after that 8 hour period.

2. When Wally took Oxycodone after that 8 hour period, Wally still experienced the "beneficial" effects of Oxycodone, but after an hour or so, Wally couldn't stop bouncing off the walls. He was very productive for 5 to 6 hours and usually reserved that time for Chem. studies.

As far as withdrawals go, Wally did notice that Adderall "masked" the symptoms. Wally is also prescribed Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10 Mg SR. When he was crashing from the Adderall, Wally really felt the withdrawal symptoms and found that Methylphenidate worked in masking them as well, but not as well as the Adderall.

I told Wally not to indulge, but he was using Oxycodone recreationally on occasion, up to 150 mgs a day, and was suddenly cut off cold turkey. Nonetheless, Wally doesn't pretend that he had the worst of what an opiate withdrawal could dish out. I told Wally not to indulge, but you know how stuffed beavers are.

Anyways, when Wally was first taking Oxycodone, he was in the same boat as OhCasey: No quality information out there. So, Wally hopes this helps a swimmer someday.

backs up what ive been saying
Old 28-04-2008, 01:35
Palladium Member

Update: I can tell you that if you take adderall XR in the 10-30 mg range during opioid withdrawals for a week you significantly reduce the withdrawals. Also i can tell you that if you take adderall for 2-3 weeks and stop suddenly you wont experience any withdrawals from the adderall, if youre like swim. I hate to toot my own horn but when i posted this thread there were no similar threads and now ive seen a couple since. This thread also has a good amount of views for a recent thread. Ill give myslef a pat on the back.
Old 29-04-2008, 04:39

47 y/o Male
manichattan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

This entire thread took someone by surprise. They wouldn't expect to find 'speed' helping in opiate withdrawal.

Someone that isn't me is still wondering whether Adderall would help opiate withdrawal only in people diagnosed as ADD. In other words, it seems that some folks become more focused after taking Adderral or Methylphenidate (Ritalin). Others just get the speedy amphetamine effect.
Would Adderral only help opiate withdrawal in the first group?
Of couse SWIM would also be curious if there is a correlation between opiate self-diagnosis and folks that can benefit from Adderral or Methylphenidate.

This is my first post, so hi everyone!
Old 29-04-2008, 05:09
Palladium Member

If swiWally takes it for narcolepsy and it helps there opiate withdrawals then I would imagine it would work for people without ADD. I had wondered the same thing but taking addy for narcolepsy is different then add. So if it works for him it should work for those who dont have ADD. Only one way to find out.
Old 29-04-2008, 19:14

Male
JJx23 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I am not a huge Adderall fan. I have tried Adderall, since my doctor prescribed it to me a while ago for ADD. I simply couldn't take it, it gave me a weird taste in my mouth, and a nasty smell... I was on opiates at the time, I believe, and I don't know if they counter-reacted or whatever it did? All I know is that the Adderall didn't help me all that much in that category, it did help the ADD and believe it or not, it made me very calm, and I could also concentrate a lot better. The Percocet I am on now allows me to function daily, and I can live my life better not being in severe pain, when I wane off the drug, it will be alright.

Regards.
Old 01-08-2008, 15:02

Male
jonax73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Adderall worked great for me. Stops withdrawals fast. Doctors should consider perscribing it for the first 2-3 weeks after tapering down from opoids after your last dose. U still feel WD's in between taking adderall cuz u don't want to take it every day cuz then it is less effective.

jonax73 added 3 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

the only symptom it does not help is diarrea.

Last edited by jonax73; 01-08-2008 at 15:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-2008, 18:12
Banned

Male
MotherSuperior is on the way upMotherSuperior is on the way upMotherSuperior is on the way up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCasey View Post
haha Well Swim thanks you for the concern, but he will be fine. Swims in Chronic pain and life without opiates is impossible, Swim also has ADD and School without Adderall would be near impossible. Swims young and has kept his opiate use for the last 4 years under control and Both Swims pain Mgmt Doc and Family Doc know hes getting Pain Meds and Adderall and they SHOULD be able to catch any bad interactions. I've just noticed that on Adderall i dont feel WithDrawals and was wondering if its just me or if others feel it too, I know some people would like to be able to make a stash last or lessen the WD's and this may be of help, I understand the serious nature of both meds but Swim would of liked to know this info when he's had to go through WD's and Couldnt get more opiates but Adderall always available at my school.
SWIM takes prescribed Dexadrine and various opiates(SWIM does enjoy H a lot but SWIM is skint at this time so no H). Like you SWIM finds that Dexadrine does lessen WD's(from my H). Actually SWIM picked up his dexe script earlier and they have reduced WD's immensly. SWIM still have prescribed Dihydocodiene(used up all the Morphine in a day for a week) and Tramadol that make WD's not AS bad.

Funnily enough coke makes WD's WORSE for SWIM... and it is to an upper... although Dexe's the exact opposite so figure.

SWIM has heard of other people who have had the same happen... though SWIM knows only 1 person who used coke REAL heavy for WD's and LOTS of others who like SWIM coke makes WD's worse.

Intresting

Last edited by MotherSuperior; 01-08-2008 at 18:16. Reason: not swiming properly!
Old 14-08-2008, 08:30
Silver Member

33 y/o Female
NoleGirl323 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCasey View Post
Sorry if this has been already posted/Discussed (I searched with no luck) But swim was wondering If any body else takes Adderall and Opiates on a daily basis, and if they notice that the Adderall makes them take less Opiates or hides opiate withdrawal Symptoms really well. Swim takes 6-10 Norcos a day and has been taking 10 mg adderall XR daily. Swim has only taken 2-5 norcos a day since hes been on Adderall. Maybe its just Swim, just thought I'd ask.
I can't speak for adderall, but swim is prescribed Provigil, it's very similar to adderall in terms of its effects. The only difference between provigil and adderall is that provigil is not an amphetamine. Swim is prescribed 200 mgs Provigil per day, but takes it prn. On the days that swim takes 400 mgs of Provigil, she finds that the need for opiates is definitely diminished. The buzz from the provigil enhances the effects of opiates, thereby decreasing the need for those extra hits or roxicodone. Swim has no knowledge of why this occurs, but swim definitely can relate to your experience.
Swim has a different reaction to opiates than most; swim tends to get experience a stimulant effect from opiates rather than the downer effect that most swiy's experience. When swim pops the provigil, she definitely doesn't consume near amount of oxycodone that she would consume without the added stimulant. This reaction is definitely interesting to say the least, and swim feels as if some more emperical information would be helpful in ascertaining these claims. Maybe there is a swim out there who could provide scientific evidence that the two drugs cross react to create an intensified experience.
Old 25-10-2008, 18:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
nleksan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIM is Rx'd Desoxyn (d,-Methamphetamine HCL, just like Donmeka) at 20mg/day in 2 10mg doses. SWIM is also prescribed Opana ER (Oxymorphone HCL Extended Release) at 40mg/day in 2 20mg doses, which is for Degenerative Joint Disease (it has already eaten almost half of SWIM's right knee's meniscus, and is now affecting the joints in SWIM's spinal column causing much pain and neuropathy). SWIM has been on ADD medication for so long that he doesn't really much remember what opiates feel like WITHOUT amphetamines. Every time he has taken an opiate, medically or recreationally, he has been on amphetamines, so maybe he isn't getting the "true opiate experience".

(SWIM is also prescribed Klonopin 3mg/day taken 2mg/AM and 1mg/PM, Temazepam 60mg taken as 2 30mg capsules at night, Methocarbamol 500mg taken 3x/day in even spaces, and Lyrica 75mg taken 3x/day for a total of 225mg. SWIM gets a lot of the good stuff! He is unaware of anyone else his age with even half as many CII/CIII/CIV RX's, lol. SWIM is not bragging, though, as the underlying medical conditions are severe and progressive, which is quite depressing.)

However, SWIM has had an extremely-high opiate tolerance due to him having unlimited supply at extremely cheap prices of any and all pharmaceutical opiates (he was friends with a wholesaler, who made a bogus account and SWIM bought Rx drugs for wholesale cost plus 20%. i.e. SWIM wants a bottle of 100ct 10mg Opana IR's. Customer at pharmacy would pay about $400. SWIM paid $198. Just less tan $2/pill... Dilaudid, brand-name, was $103 for 100ct 4mg tablets. GOOD DEALS!). This was also when SWIM got on the needle, and it's been a year-long struggle.

Here's an example of opiate-consumption over a typical day, when SWIM was heavily-addicted:
Morning:
- (Oral) 500-700mg Meprobamate in the form of generic Meprobamate 250mg
- (Oral) 350-700mg Carisoprodol in the form of Soma 350mg
- (Oral) 60-200mg Morphine Sulfate ER in the form of MS-Contin 30mg/60mg/100mg/200mg tablets
- (Oral) 30-60mg Morphine Sulfate in the form of Roxanol 20mg/mL syrup
- (Oral) 40-70mg Oxycodone in form of Roxicodone 30mg or Percocet 10/325mg
- (Insufflated) 20-40mg Oxymorphone in the form of Opana ER 40mg
- (IV) 20mg Oxymorphone in the form of Opana IR 10mg (combined with the following
- (IV) 12mg Hydromorphone in the form of Dilaudid 4mg

Afternoon:
- (Oral) 30-50mg Oxycodone in the form of Roxicodone 30mg or Percocet 10/325
- (Oral) 40-80mg Hydrocodone in the form of Norco 10/325 or Hydrocodone Syrup
- (Oral) 20-50mg Morphine Sulfate in the form of Roxanol 20mg/mL syrup
- (Insufflated) 10-20mg Oxymorphone in the form of Opana ER 40mg
- (Oral) 3mg Alprazolam in the form of Xanax 2mg "Bars" (made the rest of the day fly by)

Night:
- (IV) 35-55mg Oxymorphone in the form of Opana IR 10mg
- (IV) 12-24mg Hydromorphone in the form of Dilaudid 4mg
- (Insufflated) 20-30mg Oxymorphone in the form of Opana ER 40mg
- (Oral) 60-90mg Temazepam in the form of Restoril 30mg
- (Oral) .5-1.5mg Triazolam in the form of 0.5mg Halcion
- (Oral) 100mg Morphine Sulfate ER in the form of MS-Contin 100mg

Needless to say, SWIM went through EXCRUCIATING withdrawals when he moved and no longer had access to these extremely inexpensive, but powerful, opiates. He can't say that the Desoxyn made any discernable difference in the W/D's, although being on 3mg Klonopin and having 60mg Temazepam per night did help with anxiety and sleep.

Overall, SWIM sees amphetamines as being a "block" toward the better (i.e. sedating, "nodding", etc) effects of opiates. It's also dangerous, as one will have to do more opiates to compensate for the stimulating effects of amphetamines.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, combining uppers and downers, drug combinations, opiate withdrawal, opiates, stimulants, withdrawals