Notices

Old 17-02-2008, 17:26
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Pink Addy? What?

So Swim came across some Adderall or mixed amphetamine salts (never actually seen name brand Adderall). Anyway, they are pink which swim has never in his life ever seen or heard of.

They are round, pink, 30mg IR, scored twice on one side (split in 4), and say cor 136 on the other. Swim knows they are legit but was wondering if anyone else had come across these before. Swim is used to the orange Barr 974 30mg IR that are oval. Any comments/opinions are appreciated.
Old 17-02-2008, 21:16
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
angela20377 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Pink Addy? What?

This pill is Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 30 MG
Generic for: Adderall 30
Imprint Code cor 136
Color pink
Shape round
Score double-scored. found on a pill id site.

Last edited by Sitbcknchill; 22-02-2008 at 16:02.
Old 17-02-2008, 23:33
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela20377 View Post
This pill is Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine 30 MG
Generic for: Adderall 30
Imprint Code cor 136
Color pink
Shape round
Score double-scored. found on a pill id site.

really the color is called peach.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good clarification, the color of this pill really isn't pink in any traditional sense of pink.

Last edited by Sitbcknchill; 22-02-2008 at 16:02.
Old 18-02-2008, 18:06
Silver Member

Male from United States
phillylocal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 118, Level: 1 Points: 118, Level: 1 Points: 118, Level: 1

HA my friend was prescribed those.

SWIM tried using up the nose...wouldn't recommend too much, unless SWIY wants the rush quickly....the way my friend found best was just to crush, put in a shot glass, add a lil JACK, and POUND, (fast, so the pill doesn't settle...or else SWIY will be taking more shots...though that's not too bad, is it?)
Old 19-02-2008, 18:30
Gold Member

GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5

For Shire-manufactured Adderall pills these are the various dosages and what they look like. (attached)

Generics can vary in appearance. Also there currently isn't a generic version of Adderall XR so if the capsule looks a lot different from one in that picture there is a good chance it isn't Adderall. The patent on Adderall XR should have already expired last time I checked but I'm sure Shire is in litigation to extend their monopoly as long as possible.

good add

Last edited by GForce; 17-07-2008 at 22:25.
Old 19-02-2008, 18:48
Silver Member

beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC

thanks ^^^^^ the blue ones as I've stated many times are not good to snort, they leave a big blue stain on the nose, very very hard to get off.

and the 15mg and 30mg snort good, they are called peach color.

generics are available and have been for a while. not sure about the XR they are as you stated still covered under the patent.
Old 19-02-2008, 18:59
Silver Member

Male from United States

I wonder if the Blue's you're talking about are the Name Brand blues.

I was prescribed Generic 10MG Blue Adderall (that looked identical to the ones in the pic above...) (I'm prescribed Generic IR 20's that are Orange Ovals...my friends like them and steal them sometimes, so I have to hide em!!)

My pet dog didn't have any blue stain or problems at all (minus some gross snot balls afterwards)...he said they tasted sweet too (my dog and I enjoy ESP communication )). Maybe it was because they were generics though?
Old 19-02-2008, 20:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
julian is on the way upjulian is on the way upjulian is on the way up

swim just started getting pink one's from his friend too. he is used to the orange 30 ir's and is told that the pink one's (with the double score and COR 136) are 20 mg.
Old 20-02-2008, 00:02
Gold Member

GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.

None of them are really all that great to snort. Other than dyes, I don't think the composition of the different dosages is different. Yeah, blue snot is definitely going to draw attention to you, but no more than the orange snot SWIM gets from his 20mg IRs.
Old 20-02-2008, 00:08
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
swim just started getting pink one's from his friend too. he is used to the orange 30 ir's and is told that the pink one's (with the double score and COR 136) are 20 mg.
I haven't seen any indication on the internet that there is a pink pill with the imprint "COR 136" for 20mg Adderall. Here is the information I gathered for the most similar Adderall pill to what you described in terms of dosage. The 20mg pink Adderall pills have the imprint COR 135 on them while the 30mg pink Adderall pills are imprinted with COR 136. If the pills SWIY has have COR 136 on them then they should be 30mg dosages.

INFO FOR "COR 135"

Generic Name: Mixed Salt Combo - Amphetamine (aspartate, sulfate), d-amphetamine (saccharate, sulfate)
Strength: 5 mg each amphetamine, 20 mg total
Manufacturer: CorePharma
Trade Name: N/A
Type: Stimulant
Class: RX, CII
Size (mm): 9 X 4
Comment: Image courtesy of 4andsic. Imprint Cor135

Last edited by GForce; 17-07-2008 at 22:25.
Old 20-02-2008, 04:18
Titanium Member

Male
TheFonz is a decent psychonaut.TheFonz is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1

SWIM was highly disappointed with this brand....According to SWIM Corepharma (aka- Ranbaxy) is a pretty large Indian generic house that produces a lot of good products, except for generic Adderall.... In SWIM's opinion they aren't as good as the Barr 30mg

The pharmacy standard says that all generics are the same with the exception of the choice of fillers the manufacture uses, but SWIM knows better. When it comes to the psychotics, SWIY will notice the quality difference...

SWIM would bet his/her left that arm the differences in filers and production process is going to have a clinically effective change in the rate of release into the body and combine that with the uncanny nature of businesses to achieve the highest margins possible, not putting the full amount of amphetamine is HIGHLY probable.....

If SWIY has the chance to get Barr or Eon (now Sandoz Inc.) brand instead of the Corepharma, do it!

Thanks for the opinion. Much appreciated.
Old 20-02-2008, 10:04
Gold Member

I'm not sure how SWIY is obtaining his Adderall, but I have a legitimate prescription and have never seen anything other than Barr or Eon generics.
Old 20-02-2008, 10:43
Silver Member

Male from United States

I agree GForce...

I haven't seen other than that, and I have a legit prescription too. I get these orange ones, and they work great for me, and my friends who like to "blow" them....For some reason they don't have any problems with them, or get ugly snot, and they say that the drip is "sweet"...I dunno; one time SWIM tried blowing them, and didn't really enjoy the drip much at all.
Old 20-02-2008, 22:59
Silver Member

fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
SWIM was highly disappointed with this brand....According to SWIM Corepharma (aka- Ranbaxy) is a pretty large Indian generic house that produces a lot of good products, except for generic Adderall.... In SWIM's opinion they aren't as good as the Barr 30mg

The pharmacy standard says that all generics are the same with the exception of the choice of fillers the manufacture uses, but SWIM knows better. When it comes to the psychotics, SWIY will notice the quality difference...

SWIM would bet his/her left that arm the differences in filers and production process is going to have a clinically effective change in the rate of release into the body and combine that with the uncanny nature of businesses to achieve the highest margins possible, not putting the full amount of amphetamine is HIGHLY probable.....

If SWIY has the chance to get Barr or Eon (now Sandoz Inc.) brand instead of the Corepharma, do it!
Thank you The Fonz. That was exactly what swim was looking for.

As he said in his original post, "Swim knows they are legit" because swim had looked them up already. Anyone can Google anything and should do so before asking a question. Swim thanks you though.

Swim just wanted to know "if anyone else had come across these before" and that "any comments/opinions are appreciated" mainly about quality versus other brands. Swim thinks they are pretty good, perhaps a little weaker than Barr.
Old 21-02-2008, 09:03
Silver Member

not snot problems, just a blue nose. the peach colored addy is sweet with sugar, no stain agent with those.

I or nik would wager a few rep dollars that a stain is in the blues, as a tell tale sign to LE or physician.

" you seem to be blue today"
Old 22-02-2008, 06:53
Gold Member

That picture causes all kind of conflicting emotional responses after studying all of last night to take two exams earlier today. Still, I'd be a lot worse off without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillylocal View Post
Old 22-02-2008, 12:00
Silver Member

Male from United States

mmmhmmmm, I know the feeling.

PS (I don't quite know how to read your post...aka what exactly it means...I'm just going to assume the best/take my prescription and try again later.)
Old 11-05-2008, 11:41
Titanium Member

Male
TheFonz is a decent psychonaut.TheFonz is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1 Points: 150, Level: 1

Found this article, thought you all might be interested.....I've pasted the part when its start to get interesting...

"....
The Graedons also contacted ConsumerLab.com, an independent testing organization. Budeprion users probably found bittersweet consolation in the lab's analysis of the little yellow pills. It discovered that "generic bupropion XL released its ingredient at a very different rate than Wellbutrin XL." While the extended-release feature is meant to keep a steady supply of medication flowing to the bloodstream throughout the day, the generic pill released 34% of its ingredients in the first two hours, compared to the brand-name's 8%. Although both pills started out with equal amounts of active ingredient (bupropion), according to the ConsumerLab report, the large upfront dose from the generic could account for the anxiety, irritability and nausea -- all known side effects of too high a dose of bupropion.

The FDA finds it acceptable for generics to use different time-release technology than their brand-name counterparts. Although the rate and extent of absorption must be similar enough to be deemed "medically insignificant," lab data and/or test results from a small group (typically 24 to 36 people) of healthy volunteers (typically male) -- provided by the manufacturer -- are considered sufficient to demonstrate this. Clinical testing -- multiphase studies done on thousands of patients to determine safety and effectiveness, which brand-name drugs undergo -- is not required for generics. The assumption is that the innovator drug was already thoroughly tested on humans, so if the generic can be shown to perform "in the same manner" in the lab, then it will perform similarly in patients.

Yet, although generics must have the same active ingredients as the brand-name product, they can include any number of different inactive ingredients (colorings, flavorings, binders, diluents, fillers, etc.) that can cause differences in how well a particular patient absorbs and tolerates a particular medication -- especially patients with allergies, sensitivities or gastrointestinal disease. Formulas also vary from one generic manufacturer to the next. So someone who has success with, say, Company X's Zoloft generic may have trouble if his or her pharmacist refills a prescription with Company Y's version. Which is what happened to me. Once I'd made the rounds of neighborhood pharmacies and found one that carried my old generic brand, my symptoms improved.

For the majority of generic drugs, the abbreviated approval process and FDA-sanctioned differences don't present a significant problem. But the success of those generics doesn't justify the FDA's loud and persistent denial of problems with others -- Ambien, Klonopin, Ritalin, OxyContin, Vicodin, Valium, Toprol, Synthroid and Dilantin, to name a handful.

At the moment, this appears to be a situation that's about to get worse before it gets better. In fiscal year 2007, the FDA approved a record 682 generic drug products, 30% more than in 2006. And in October, it launched the Generic Initiative for Value and Efficiency (with the cute acronym GIVE), which aims to boost approvals further.

The solution, however, isn't to do away with generics, or to make their approval process as rigorous as that of innovator drugs -- that would only drive up costs and defeat the purpose of having generic drugs at all. The FDA should simply 'fess up about the differences that can exist between generics and brand-name drugs and acknowledge the potential repercussions. The agency should take a little initiative and educate physicians and pharmacists about the differences. And then it's up to the white coats -- doctors and pharmacists -- to spend an extra 68 seconds with their patients to explain that there are, in fact, differences between brand-name and generics, and between generics and generics.

Finally, the FDA would do well to be a bit less dismissive of consumer complaints. After all, just because people who rely on antidepressants may have a mental illness doesn't mean we're crazy.

Naomi Wax is a New York-based journalist and the editor of PillGirlReport.com."

Full article:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-wax17dec17,0,4773783.story?coll=la-opinion-rightrail

Share this on:

Tags
snorting drugs