Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-02-2008, 01:25

Male
RobJaw should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Where to buy Needles?

Swim was wondering where it is possible to buy needles in the united states?

Swim was also wondering can you just go to like CVS or Walgreens and ask for a needles and they will give it to you? Also swim thought that needles were behind the counter? or do they sell like a box behind the counter?

Thanks!!! Swim greatly appreciates it!
Old 06-02-2008, 21:41
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bjarkii is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%
Re: Where to purchese Needles?

Not sure about the US, but it might help you to know that in England, i just go to my local pharmacy and ask for "diabetes syringes". They presume you're a diabetic and give you them OTC. I cant imagine it would be much different in the US.

The reason i'm giving you this advice is so that you dont use dirty needles. If you're thinking about shooting up for the first time, PLEASE reconsider.
Old 07-02-2008, 20:32

Male
texttextoftexttext is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

It's different from state to state. In MD you can't be refused over the counter when asking for diabetic syringes. In PA, however, you have to have a card.

One could also look into "prevention point" or other needle exchange programs. There are needle exchanges in all the major cities. They usually give free kits for safer drug use that include cottons, water, ties, bleach, alcohol swabs, etc.
Old 09-02-2008, 15:50
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarkii View Post
Not sure about the US, but it might help you to know that in England, i just go to my local pharmacy and ask for "diabetes syringes". They presume you're a diabetic and give you them OTC. I cant imagine it would be much different in the US.

The reason i'm giving you this advice is so that you dont use dirty needles. If you're thinking about shooting up for the first time, PLEASE reconsider.
The US is draconian with it's anti-drug policies. Getting caught with syringes in your possesion without having a prescription for them is actually illegal in many states, and one can be prosecuted for being in possesion of drug paraphernelia. Still, it is possible to get syringes for free at needle exchanges in the US, and in many countries like the UK and the rest of the EU as well.
Old 09-02-2008, 16:33
Platinum Member & Advisor

32 y/o Male from Denmark
ThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline MedlineThirdEyeFloond must mainline Medline
Points: 3,424, Level: 8 Points: 3,424, Level: 8 Points: 3,424, Level: 8

SWIM is unsure if this is possible for US SWIMmers but he usually gets his syringes from online vendors, at most places there is a 1000 piece minimum but it's about half price of buying them at the pharmacies here. Despite disapproving looks buying them is no problem at pharmacies here though while buying sterile isotonic water is impossible without being a registered (ab)user.

Edit: SWIM meant needles not syringes, he seems to get them mixed up all the time in english. The same goes for both though.

Last edited by ThirdEyeFloond; 09-02-2008 at 18:19.
Old 09-02-2008, 17:03
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

There are actually several US based online pharmacies that sell hypodermic syringes, in the 10's, 100's or even 1000's. They are legitemit(sp), though it depends on what state one lives in if it would be allowed for that person to buy syringes.
Old 09-02-2008, 17:59

Male
texttextoftexttext is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, I've also heard that you can order them online with few hassles. I've seen them on ebay for example.
Old 11-02-2008, 23:00

Male
RobJaw should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarkii View Post

Swim would like to thank you, but swim has been shooting up now for sometime, the damage has already been done to swim, theirs no turning back for swim.

PS. Swim thanks all who replied
Old 12-02-2008, 19:25
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Apprentice is a decent psychonaut.

In scotland due to the ever rising hepatitus C problem the drug workers reached a deal where every city and town has at least one chemist where you can go and use the needle exchange,as long as you return the old ones they give you knew ones.This is in addition to any needle exchange operations that local community addiction teams may run.

I lived in england for a while and the only place to get them freely down there was from the drugs and alcohol services and counsellors.
Old 13-02-2008, 06:20

34 y/o Male from United States
nogills needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

ok, in Atlanta, Georgia, most drugstores (cvs, walgreens, rite-aid, etc) are not supposed to give out rigs without proof of having diabetes or a prescription or whatever. But.... there are A LOT of cvs's that will actually let you buy them without anything. I dont know if its a different policy at each individual cvs store or if the people working there just forget/dont know about the policy. (some walgreens are the same way). There is one pharmacy Swim knows about and goes to though that has no such policy and will sell packs of them to anyone and everyone. This drugstore is a privately owned (aka no huge commercial branch like cvs) and is in the middle of Little 5 Points, which is the hippie/druggy/punk/artsy part of Atlanta. My advice is to just go to a bunch of different drugstores and ask for them. Swim usually try to act like he knows what hes talking about...usually says "Hey yea can I please get a 10pack of 1cc 31guage long syringes please?" Just try not to sound like a junky lol... "uh... can i get some.. uh...rigs...please."
Old 20-09-2011, 21:49

Male from United States
needlenewb is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Where to buy Needles?

Isn't that sad though? That in order to get fresh rigs you have to act and pretend like you have diabetes? I wish I could just be like "Look SWIM doesn't wanna get diseased! Gimme something clean to poke myself with!"

Swim lives in Richmond and there are no needle exchange programs, and most places won't sell you anything w/o a prescription or the number of another place where u do have an insulin script. It blows. Maybe i'll try Wal-Mart. Does anyone know if they'll sell u rigs w/o a script?
Old 20-09-2011, 22:22
Silver Member

Male from United States
SkipBrutale is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3

Needlenewb Swim's friends would get syringes from the CVS or Walgreens next to 60th and Telegraph. I'm surprised in Richmond they don't let you since they don't seem to care in Oakland.
Old 22-09-2011, 18:49
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
urkuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by texttextoftexttext View Post
It's different from state to state. In MD you can't be refused over the counter when asking for diabetic syringes. In PA, however, you have to have a card.

One could also look into "prevention point" or other needle exchange programs. There are needle exchanges in all the major cities. They usually give free kits for safer drug use that include cottons, water, ties, bleach, alcohol swabs, etc.
Not trying to start an arguement but, I've bought them & know plenty of people who have bought them in PA. I think PA might be one of the states, that the pharmacist has the decision to sell them. But, I've never had any problems, or heard of anybody having problems, who obviously use. I've never bought in maryland, but I have heard you could too.
Old 24-09-2011, 21:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
laws0n is a decent psychonaut.laws0n is a decent psychonaut.

Just SWIM's experience.....

SWIM went to a pharmacy that was in the back and still being a chain pharmacy it wasnt like a big gracery store with lines, he waited till the old lady got her script and left then went up to the counter. He was very embarassed and rehearsed what he was going to say "I need 1cc insulin needles THEY ARE NOT FOR ME" The pharmasist didnt even care but asked "what kind does he need, short, long?" SWIM pretended like he was on the phone and said "Short 30 Gauge" They handed him 1 pack of 10 needles.

He had to give them his ID, they had to write down his name to see how many packs he got.
He also had to buy an inexpensive sharps container, he was told every 7-8 packages he has to return the sharps container so they could be properly disposed of.

They did not treat SWIM like a criminal, there were no questions asked, he has done it 1 other time the only thing is it would be embarassing waiting in line with people behind him hearing what hes saying.

He guesses it all depends on the state though.
Old 28-09-2011, 15:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

31 y/o Female from United States
Bootysmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

In Ohio it's up to the pharmacist. Tho I am the only one I know who can get them at will. I found a Walgreens where they always sell em to me. Kinda weird. I went on a spree one day and failed at over 10 places til I found this place and I have been going for months. No questions asked
Old 05-10-2011, 19:28
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

The following thread has a fairly comprehensive guide to syringe laws and accessibility in each state of the USA:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96879

Hope it's of use.
Old 08-10-2011, 18:42
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Dark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way upDark Mage is on the way up
Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3 Points: 487, Level: 3

I live in Illinois

You can get boxes (of 100) of needles and additional supplies for Free by going to the Needle Exchange.

Search: anypostivechange

They have a van that goes around to scheduled locations and they also have individuals that will deliver them personally "free of charge".

If your in need but can't go thru the Needle Exchange, a local Walgreen's with $3.00 dollars and a State ID or Drivers License can get you one pack.
Old 19-10-2011, 22:16

26 y/o Male from Canada
rofl227 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

I live in Canada, and you can buy them at pretty much any pharmacy here. I haven't even really gotten any disapproving looks. Shoppers Drug mart sells a 10 pack for 5$ however, at some smaller pharmacies they will sell you singles. Singles usually cost like 1$ so its a bit of a rip off. I've only bought 1cc insulin syringes because thats all I really know thats available. I figure I'd look more like a junkie if I go in asking for needles and not even know what kind of needle it is that I want. However, lately I've been finding that the 29 gauge that I've been gettig is too small and it often clogs up.

Share this on:

Tags
buying needles, buying syringes, hepatitus c, needle exchange, over the counter drug, syringe availabilty