Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Pharmacology
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Pharmacology How drugs affect the workings of the human body.

Old 23-01-2008, 22:07
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2 Points: 298, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
drugs that could trigger schizophrenia?

SWIM recently found out that paranoid schizophrenia runs in his family on his dad's side(Infact his great grandfather committed suicide during a psycotic episode) and was wondering how various recreational drugs could possibly trigger schizophrenia in him. SWIM is aware that strong hallucinogen drugs such as LSD-25 can trigger schizophrenia but was wondering how other drugs could possibley affect him.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good question
Old 23-01-2008, 22:33
Platinum Member & Advisor

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9 Points: 4,048, Level: 9
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: drugs that could trigger schizophrenia?

Some studies have shown a correlation between cannabis use and mental illness. Here is a thread which discusses this: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36127

Such a correlation does not necessarily mean that cannabis causes mental illness, but it would certainly be worth considering and caution would be advised.

It is also known that many drugs that increase dopamine levels such as amphetamine can cause psychosis. This is a common symptom of schizophrenia, but that doesn't necessarily mean that amphetamine causes schizophrenia. However, as with cannabis extreme caution would be advised.

A google for the dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia will turn up some useful links.
Old 23-01-2008, 22:39
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
razorwiredildo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2

drugs such as meth and cocaine that cause surges of dopamine could possibly exascerbate psychotic symptoms as a abnormal sensitivity to dopamine is believed to be a major factor in schizophrenia. These drugs probably can't cause or trigger schiz. very often, but if someone has a very mild case or is in the beginning stages, these frugs could definately make thngs worse. Hallucinogens, as you have said, are something to be very careful around, but more than anything, you need to avoid extreme stress, which is a definate trigger of schiz and can be caused by a plethora of dugs.
opiates and benzos seem to be a low risk for a schizo, but are also extremely addictive.
If swim was a schizophrenic he would probably just stick with cannabis. This is not guaranteed to be ok, but the risk is fairly low.
Old 25-01-2008, 20:48

Male
doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.doggy_hat is captain of the psychonauts.

Thanks for the info. SWIM will try to stay away from Dopamine increasing drugs, and read up some more.

SWIM has definently noticed that amphetamine-like drugs mess with his head too much. When he was younger he used to be able to snort concertas or adderalls and be able to enjoy the body high and the increased motivation, ect. The last time he snorted concertas(500+mg), he spent nearly the entire night in the fetal position warning his friends not to talk so they won't be heard by anybody, because he feared that people were after him. He was hearing voices in other rooms and could imagine people preparing to kill him in his mind's eye. The entire night he felt like he was going to have a heart attack from the paranoia and was completely delusional. After he sobers up he felt fine, but still, SWIM can't enjoy speedy drugs anymore because he becomes too delusional and paranoid every time.
Old 26-01-2008, 09:09
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy_hat View Post
Thanks for the info. SWIM will try to stay away from Dopamine increasing drugs, and read up some more.

SWIM has definently noticed that amphetamine-like drugs mess with his head too much. When he was younger he used to be able to snort concertas or adderalls and be able to enjoy the body high and the increased motivation, ect. The last time he snorted concertas(500+mg), he spent nearly the entire night in the fetal position warning his friends not to talk so they won't be heard by anybody, because he feared that people were after him. He was hearing voices in other rooms and could imagine people preparing to kill him in his mind's eye. The entire night he felt like he was going to have a heart attack from the paranoia and was completely delusional. After he sobers up he felt fine, but still, SWIM can't enjoy speedy drugs anymore because he becomes too delusional and paranoid every time.

It is possible that the hallucinations and delusions are just the result of an amphetamine overdose. (500 mgs of concerta is a LOT) But if psychotic symptoms still manifest themselves at more reasonable doses, then it sounds like they may be exascerbating symptoms of an already present schizophrenia which would mean that swiy needs to get help asap. A genetic predisposition to the disease probably would not explain the psychotic symptoms that swiy gets when tweaking. That sounds more like a low level or early stage of schizophrenia. I don't want to scare swiy unecessarily, obviously because i cannot possibly know for sure. Swiy sounds like he still has his head though, and even if he does have schizophrenia, if it is caught early, treatment is very effective, and can quite possibly get swiys brain back to functioning as if he never was sick. I obviously don't know your situation, but from what you say, this would be my gues of your circumstances. Good Luck.
Old 26-01-2008, 16:01

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwiredildo View Post
It is possible that the hallucinations and delusions are just the result of an amphetamine overdose. (500 mgs of concerta is a LOT) But if psychotic symptoms still manifest themselves at more reasonable doses, then it sounds like they may be exascerbating symptoms of an already present schizophrenia which would mean that swiy needs to get help asap. A genetic predisposition to the disease probably would not explain the psychotic symptoms that swiy gets when tweaking. That sounds more like a low level or early stage of schizophrenia. I don't want to scare swiy unecessarily, obviously because i cannot possibly know for sure. Swiy sounds like he still has his head though, and even if he does have schizophrenia, if it is caught early, treatment is very effective, and can quite possibly get swiys brain back to functioning as if he never was sick. I obviously don't know your situation, but from what you say, this would be my gues of your circumstances. Good Luck.
SWIM also gets paranoia at lower levels, once he snorted only 20Mg adderall and although by no means he wasn't becoming delusional the entire time he was looking behind his back out of fear. And wasn't even able to listen to music because it made him too paranoid if he wasn't able to hear if someone was coming.

There has been times where SWIM has had similar situations completely sober. There's even been a few times when he has had visual hallucinations, although he realized they were not real, except for one time. But they are short lived and he realizes that he just wasn't thinking straight. SWIM has talked to friends about it before, but has never seeked professional help before. He can still function normally, so he's never gave it much worry, and doesn't think any type of treatment is necessary. however, learning about his families history has caused him to take the situation a bit more seriously. Out of curiosity, what is the treatment like?
Old 26-01-2008, 20:55
Silver Member

Quote:
SWIM also gets paranoia at lower levels, once he snorted only 20Mg adderall and although by no means he wasn't becoming delusional the entire time he was looking behind his back out of fear. And wasn't even able to listen to music because it made him too paranoid if he wasn't able to hear if someone was coming.

There has been times where SWIM has had similar situations completely sober. There's even been a few times when he has had visual hallucinations, although he realized they were not real, except for one time. But they are short lived and he realizes that he just wasn't thinking straight. SWIM has talked to friends about it before, but has never seeked professional help before. He can still function normally, so he's never gave it much worry, and doesn't think any type of treatment is necessary. however, learning about his families history has caused him to take the situation a bit more seriously. Out of curiosity, what is the treatment like?

Swiy says he has hallucinations while sober? If so, that is definately cause for concern, especially if there was a time that he thought it was real. Swiy may possibly be in the prodromal phase of schizophrenia in which many of the symptoms people have are nonspecific and somewhat negligible, so many assume there is nothing wrong. Many people can function normally at the beginning. It really couldn't hurt to go see a psichiatrist even just once. With swiys family history and his symptoms it seems like a good idea to see someone. This link has more info on symptoms if swiy is curious. http://www.schizophrenia.com/earlysigns.htm. Treatment for schiz is generally drug treatment with some type of antipsychotic. If necessary some people recive things like social rehabilitation and the like, but swiy seems like he won't have any need for that.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:41
Silver Member

35 y/o Female
AutumnDestinyHunter is a decent psychonaut.AutumnDestinyHunter is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1

My neighbor was a heavy meth user, in fact he is now in prison for manufacture of the drug. His two drugs of choice were pot and meth. When he tried to clean up, he was unable to do so because he would have episodes of severe violence and paranoid delusions. He admitted himself to a treatment center, and was then diagnosed with schizophrenia. His doctors there told him it was directly related to meth. He had to be put on 900 mgs of Seroquel per day and Depacote and will have to stay on this medication to prevent his violent, schizophrenic outbursts.

It runs in my family as well...on my father's side, I think because I have a half brother that was diagnosed with it several years back. To my knowledge, the only drug he used is pot, but he could have used other drugs as well, seeing as how his sister was married to a meth cook in Texas...she and her husband are fine and have cleaned up, and my brother has been clean, but was diagnosed after he stopped using. There may be a possible correlation between pot and the disease, but it's really hard to say. My advice would be to listen to your body. If you start "not feeling right in the head" when you're sober...I would definately say take a break from any drug use, and if it continues, see a counselor and keep a log of what and how you feel in order to help them monitor your mental state. Early detection is vital...it can mean the difference between living a normal life and living a life in an institution...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:19
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
lulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAClulz must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,717, Level: 7 Points: 2,717, Level: 7 Points: 2,717, Level: 7

Glutamate is the other neurotransmitter that may be involved in schizophrenia http://www.acnp.org/g4/GN401000116/CH114.html

So it's likely that NMDA antagonists (NMDA receptors are a type of glutamate receptor) like ketamine and PCP are probably a bad idea.

Great to bring this up - very relevant.
Old 16-05-2008, 07:11

Male
KillroyMindless is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

lol that early sighns website scares the living shit out of me but what ever what happens happens man dont get caught up in thinking your going to go insane it just makes you feel paranoid my families got everything in the book. you should be ok and if you start becoming not unless youra hermit people will notice your starting to slip.
Old 07-08-2008, 14:50
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.Politicalchalk probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Swim notices this post is a little old, but...

schizophrenia is a genetic gig. There are drugs, super-stimulants and psychedelic drugs which could act as a catalyst towards inducing schizo-type symptoms, but odds are, if you're family has a long history of crazy, you'll inherit it regardless of the chemical additives you....well, add.
Old 07-08-2008, 17:23
Silver Member

Male
kaczynski is a decent psychonaut.

Cocaine. SWIM got all fucked up after a year of cocaine binging and is now medicated with a small daily dose of seroquel, an anti-psychotic. Turns out his mom's cousin was a paranoid schizophrenic who threw himself off a highway overpass into oncoming traffic.
Old 13-08-2008, 08:30
Silver Member

Female from Micronesia, Federated States of
lostmente is on the way uplostmente is on the way uplostmente is on the way up
Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2

swim has transient behavioral psychosis, at least after 6 months in a psychotherapeutic community thats what the registrar told him.

Self limiting behavior tends to fly out the window with psychosis, as does identifying other peoples perspective of reality.

Strong drugs can certainly lead to increased awareness, but I think psychosis kicks in when you get caught up with something you find a lead on, get imaginative and peruse it beyond your means with too much emotional commitment.

One can disembody but its quite soul destroying, and you know it at the time but it doesn't matter. The true reality that is hidden(?) from you, the one that will set you free is what you seek, a short cut to eternity.
Old 13-08-2008, 09:29
Palladium Member

32 y/o Male
sylenth probably knows what they are talking about.sylenth probably knows what they are talking about.sylenth probably knows what they are talking about.sylenth probably knows what they are talking about.sylenth probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,106, Level: 5 Points: 1,106, Level: 5 Points: 1,106, Level: 5

these signs are very much ripe in my family. but i reckon most drugs can cause this, like lostmente said with peoples imaginations getting the better of them. i know a guy who used alot of drugs that is really battling with life says he has been to hell & back. i can relate & i believe him from understanding what he could of gotten his mind into through the things he has let get to him too much in this world. yeah there is a easy way out to eternity if you believe in that, but that takes quite alot of courage. & people say they weak...
Old 13-08-2008, 15:57
Silver Member

Female from Micronesia, Federated States of
lostmente is on the way uplostmente is on the way uplostmente is on the way up
Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2

Eternity is inevitable and completely avoidable, moments must count for something more than just a part of everything..else why bother with them in the first place. Seems silly for this existance to be a means for anything other than meaning, circular maybe but fuck...aint everything?

lostmente added 12 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

was that tangent?

well maybe this goes somewhere,
hallucinogenics are very potentiating of creation, they have a tendancy to bridge thoughts, feelings and experiences. This allows for a sense of connectivity within yourself, others, events all the way to oblivion if you wish. We all hold onto things that just don't work that well, if you start integrating one poor idea with a bunch of previously unrelated ideas then you can end up with a great deal of strife. Maybe it will pass and you can see where the original problem lay, or maybe you go with it till you cannot bear to suffer no more and begin to act out.

yeah u got it

Last edited by lostmente; 13-08-2008 at 15:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-08-2008, 05:41

Male
stoneinfocus is on the way upstoneinfocus is on the way upstoneinfocus is on the way up
Points: 642, Level: 3 Points: 642, Level: 3 Points: 642, Level: 3

I really don't know, wtf shizophrenia is?

-Oh, cool, any true sign of a true conspiracy, or things happening in dicatures, or simple criminal attacks are delusional.

Yep, nothing happened, no WWII, no Ghettos, no Concentration Camps, no 3mio. death-toll in those alone, no research done there, conspiracies are bullshit, those ended in Nuernberg, and this world especially, is as free of conspiracies as it'd never been before.

No Vietnam, no cold war, no CIA, no FBI, no concentration camps today, no torture, no WTCs (D'uh),
no world wide police activities, no wars, no terror-capitalism, no religion, no OECD, no terror in democratic governments.

Wealth, happieness, peace and all that worldwide, of course, and nothing strange'S happening to nobody, that could be refered to as being just remotely delusional, all the while.

And the part of symptoms, that's just describing certain personal problems (which can also be affected by constant terror and supression as a normal reaction in anybody), which were desciptive to swim's mother, but because she has to be right, and swim is gay and as such the cause of all the problems (it's the other way around, as being gay is wrong, so being gay, actually, was the true reason for others being or getting shizophrenic, but not that the shizophrenics were treated, the gays), he had to be guilty. Kill em, already, won't you, can't be wrong, it'd be worth it... no more conspiracies, you know... sorry, no more shizophrenia.

Last edited by stoneinfocus; 14-08-2008 at 06:00.
Old 22-09-2008, 02:17

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up
Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2 Points: 181, Level: 2

lol all of them?

One liners like this don't add any info or help the discussion
Old 05-03-2009, 08:25

36 y/o Female
waytoofertile is an unknown quantity at this point

I was flipping channels the other day and I can't remember who had him on Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart but this guy had his entire DNA mapped out, then put it online. He found out exactly what diseases he had, was at risk for, etc. You could try that and see if they have located the gene for schizophrenia and if you have it.

To go a more conventional route go to a psychiatrist, tell him your concerns and ask for the MMPI test. It's called the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory. You cannot fake this test, it's virually impossible and it will tell you if you are bipolar or have borderline personality disorder or paranoid schizophrenia and everything in between, I think you can even be diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder.

I studied about it while I worked on my master's in psych and it was fasinating. If you try to trick it it catches you at it. We all had to take it, THAT was embarassing and very illuminating.
I do remember reading alot about the damges of things like LSD on the brain but don't recall any mention in the texts of a correlation between drugs and schizophrenia. Definite genetic predisposition to watch for though. THAT was a major factor.
I wish you all the best esp. in the mental health area.

Blessed Be

waytoofertile added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

I was flipping channels the other day and I can't remember who had him on Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart but this guy had his entire DNA mapped out, then put it online. He found out exactly what diseases he had, was at risk for, etc. You could try that and see if they have located the gene for schizophrenia and if you have it.

To go a more conventional route go to a psychiatrist, tell him your concerns and ask for the MMPI test. It's called the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory. You cannot fake this test, it's virually impossible and it will tell you if you are bipolar or have borderline personality disorder or paranoid schizophrenia and everything in between, I think you can even be diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder.

I studied about it while I worked on my master's in psych and it was fasinating. If you try to trick it it catches you at it. We all had to take it, THAT was embarassing and very illuminating.
I do remember reading alot about the damges of things like LSD on the brain but don't recall any mention in the texts of a correlation between drugs and schizophrenia. Definite genetic predisposition to watch for though. THAT was a major factor.
I wish you all the best esp. in the mental health area.

I'm still a newbie so if this helped please rate it, ok? I need the help!
Blessed Be

Last edited by waytoofertile; 05-03-2009 at 08:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-03-2009, 08:45

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

dxm could def trigger it in my friends opionion.
Old 08-03-2009, 17:06
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Quote:

If you're still paying attention to this thread...

I suggest this guy stay away from not only amphetamines, but also, as mentioned, coke and things like PCP, DXM, stuff like that. He should be okay with benzos and opioids as far as recreation goes, but I wouldn't risk anything that could cause paranoia, hallucinations, etc. If that's already a problem, it's stupid to make it worse.

If he can function okay without medication, I say go for it. Medication for schizophrenia can be devastating, even fatal. There are no good antipsychotic drugs, only ones that aren't quite as horrible as others. Seeing a therapist (not a psychiatrist) to talk about things might be a good idea; they can give good advice on coping with the symptoms. Therapists can't prescribe you drugs, and (at least in the U.S.) no one can force you to take drugs unless you're an immediate danger to yourself or others.

Very true about anti psychotics
Old 12-03-2009, 23:12

23 y/o Male from Canada
RedBaron is a decent psychonaut.RedBaron is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1 Points: 111, Level: 1

I know from experience as my friend who never had a mental illness before but it was brought out by large quantities of weed and magic mushrooms was another big culprit. When the different recpetors in the brain get activated it causes an imbalance and a state of psychosis. So id imagine all minor or especially major hallucinogens like LSD would bring out the beast even more.
Old 13-03-2009, 14:25

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

swim doesn't necessarily believe cannabis brings it on, but if used before your brain is totally developed swim agrees it could cause some probs. so swim would suggest if swiy wants to use mj wait til 18 , ha although swim doubt people will. but in swims opionion harder gens like lsd and shrooms would cause it more, and NMDA receptor antagonists , like pcp , k, and dxm def could cause some mental probs if abused or just one really bad experiance with any of those.
Old 16-03-2009, 11:15

36 y/o Female
waytoofertile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmente View Post
swim has transient behavioral psychosis, at least after 6 months in a psychotherapeutic community thats what the registrar told him.

Self limiting behavior tends to fly out the window with psychosis, as does identifying other peoples perspective of reality.

Strong drugs can certainly lead to increased awareness, but I think psychosis kicks in when you get caught up with something you find a lead on, get imaginative and peruse it beyond your means with too much emotional commitment.

One can disembody but its quite soul destroying, and you know it at the time but it doesn't matter. The true reality that is hidden(?) from you, the one that will set you free is what you seek, a short cut to eternity.

This also sounds very similar to Bi-polar disorder. Your second sentence sounds like a manic phase and your last sounds like the depths of the depressive phase where freedom seems attainable only by stepping out in front of a fast moving Mack truck.
You may want a second opinion on your diagnosis. I am not a Psychiatrist but do have a masters in psychology, am not making a diagnosis this is just a poster's IMO.

Blessed Be
Old 17-05-2012, 22:49
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 310, Level: 2 Points: 310, Level: 2 Points: 310, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

From experience I now avoid cannabis as I found that it made my thinking more paranoid and since our minds can be very creative at times, I would often find myself thinking really outlandish ideas about people and situations that not only had no basis in reality but had no basis in the laws of physics. I can handle a small amount but prefer just to avoid it.

I like my stims but these again can cause a change in my thinking. I find that I get auditory hallucinations late at night when it's quiet and my mind/'body is stimulated by any number of chems. The thing is that my medication (olanzapine) does have a tendency to make me a little lethargic so I'm more drawn to stims to give me the motivation to get involved with stuff. Again, I've learned that doing small amounts for a couple of days and then laying off them for a while keeps the negative (or positive... damn you psychiatrists!... lol jk) effects to a minimum. Another thing I noticed is the thoughts are not as bizarre as with cannabis but I have found myself feeling pessimistic and more physically ill which lead me to some seriously consider my own life. If you ever feel any thoughts of this kind then get support right away. It's always handy to have benzo's at hand which can alleviate almost all the negative effects. I find 1mg of etizolam to be very effective (give them time to work an only up the dosage if you find your state hasn't changed much... taking too many benzos have their own problems). I've been to the edge and have stepped back and found a better place. Keep in mind there is always better times ahead. Ride it out. If you don't think anyone cares about you then keep in mind that I do. Someone out there does. There are millions of us and we care about you. I've found the practice of self hypnosis or meditation to be a good skill to have when needed most.

Hallucinogens are a big no no for me. Too easy to get into a really bad shape although I have found that believing I am connected to the infinite (call it god or whatever.. just that state of mind of feeling that you are connected to an entity or some kind of spiritual being or thing) has a soothing effect. But this is another area I now avoid.

Everyone's schizophrenia has it's own form. The way I see it, it's just a different way of thinking. Sometimes this can cause a lot of problems so being aware of you're own thinking and how it effects how you see the world is an important step at taking control.

"but what if he's lying to me, what if it's really all a trick? What if I'm just a brain in a vat being controlled by a mad scientist? What if there are aliens sitting on my shoulder whispering subliminal ideas that are making me feel worse.. oh my god.. I'm starting to go crazy... maybe I'm going to lose my sanity!!!!!"

It's all ideas. It's just thoughts and the thoughts create the feelings. If you strongly believe that everything is going to work out all right and that is your strongest belief you have your body and mind will react to create a reality for you that will chill you the fuck right out. If there is one belief I work on daily and build up a strong feeling of is that "Everything is going to work out fine." It's just an idea but it's a powerful one in that it gives a person hope. It gives them a sense of optimism. It gives a person the space to think about the good things in life that lay ahead.

Peace and eternal bliss upon you all
Old 12-08-2013, 16:07

Male from India
rachopocha should review received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Fk even potentially low risk benzol n opioid can make u seriously crazy.

rachopocha added 9 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Valium nitrazepam n codeine can screw ur mind forever.

Please cite evidence when making sweeping and inaccurate statements such as this.

Last edited by rachopocha; 12-08-2013 at 16:07. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine, cannabis, cocaine, dopamine, drug, drugs, drugs and schizophrenia, drugs that induce schizophrenia, drugs-forum, hallucinations, lsd, paranoia, pharmacology, prescription drugs, psychotic symptoms, schizophrenia, sober, triggers of schizophrenia