Dissociatives Ketamine, PCP, Nitrous Oxide, DXM and other dissociatives

Old 20-01-2008, 04:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Female
louiset is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Cigarette Dipped in formaldehyde?

My fiance's sisters boyfriend "disapered" from 2pm friday afternoon until 7pm this evening. Last she heard from him he was going over to a girls house, then never called or gave any indication were he was. The other thing is this guy is that he is a chronic liar. He tells some of the dumbest stories to make his life seem so amazing.

This evening he came home and said he had been out all night and didn't call because his friend dipped a cigarette in formaldehyde and he didn't know about it. He said that he was so out of it that he couldn't make a phone call for the past 24 hours.

My fiance's mom says he is talking like his jaws are clenched and his eyes are a little bit red and moves like it hurts.

Could his actions be fake? Could this drug have effects on him 24 hours later? If he did smoke it, would that cause him to have the inability to pick up a phone and call?

Any help is great. thankyou
Old 20-01-2008, 04:59
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9
Re: Cigarette Dipped in formaldehyde?

Formaldehyde is a common name for phencyclidine (PCP), most likely derived from another term for PCP, "embalming fluid."

Use the search engine for further information on PCP.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:52
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11
AW: Cigarette Dipped in formaldehyde?

wait, but just dont get this wrong, formaldehyde istn actually pcp, isnt it ? (what a great joke...) sry but SWIM is not familiar with dissoziatives
Old 08-04-2008, 10:19
Platinum Member & Advisor

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Pondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPACPondlife must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9 Points: 4,070, Level: 9
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

No. PCP and Formaldehyde are totally different compounds with no relationship whatsoever.

As Paracelsus mentioned, one of the slang words for PCP is "embalming fluid", and the main active ingredient in real embalming fluid is formaldehyde. It's likely that someone made the erroneous link and assumed that PCP = Formaldehyde. Like many myths, it just won't die despite being easily proved wrong. Part of the problem is that some anti-drug campaigners help to spread it.
Old 08-04-2008, 13:07
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

Unfortunately some ignorant people are soaking weed in actual formaldehyde thinking its a drug.Swim knew someone personally that did this.
Old 08-04-2008, 13:28
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11
AW: Cigarette Dipped in formaldehyde?

well i asked because of this, cuz it sounded too ridicolous to be true
Old 08-04-2008, 17:22
Silver Member

35 y/o Male
Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.Orchid_Suspiria probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5 Points: 1,427, Level: 5

This person swim knows probably misinterpreted hearing pcp called formaldehyde as slang and actually thought it really was formaldehyde.Horrible smelling stuff,the guy and his friends that somehow seemed to enjoy this stuff said it made them feel weak and hear whomp whomp noises.Doesn't sound like much fun.
Old 28-04-2008, 17:55
Banned

Male
sarbanes is a decent psychonaut.

methanal is very reactive. what's to say that there isin't some rxn between tobacco components and the aldehyde, producing a compound(s) which is(are) either active, or a precoursor(s), which, when heated, become synthesized to an active(s)? don't rule anything out unless you know for sure. heard it called dank. oh, and, the aldehyde would pretty much evaproate once those cigs. are dried, so no biggie there. formaldehyde is a really god crosslinker (nucleotide wise), which partially explains its carcinogenic potential.
Old 23-06-2013, 01:15

21 y/o Male from United States
kevron should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

i smoked weed laced with formaldehyde and had really intense hallucinations but i think its what gave me schizophrenia, i know someone else who did the same thing and they got it too
Old 03-05-2014, 18:03

22 y/o Male from United States
HxC MADxMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Around 3 years ago, before my friends knew the difference between actual embalming fluid and it being the street name for pcp, one of them tried selling cigarettes dipped in formaldehyde (no idea how he got it). with My dad being a funeral director, I knew exactly what embalming fluid was and it's purpose. I tried explaining that embalming fluid was a Street Name for pcp, and that Sherm cigarettes weren't dipped in ACTUAL embalming fluid. They didn't understand.

Working around my school schedule, I would wash cars for the funeral home my dad worked at. My friends remembering this, started this whole business plan of me taking in packs of cigarettes to work and dipping them in the embalming fluid so they could sell them. There was no way I was going to be the person dipping cigs into liquid death for them, I was still in shock they were thinking this was a possibility. They hadn't even tried the ones they had there and were wanting to give them to other people.

So one friend said he'd test a cig. He Didn't mention anything about the taste, just smoked the entire cig. He said all it did was make it hard to complete a thought for 15 minutes (more effects than I was expecting haha). Safe to say they now know the difference between pcp and formaldehyde, and never asked me to get them embalming fluid from work again.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting story based on personal experience.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:58
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Nosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way upNosferatus is on the way up
Points: 518, Level: 3 Points: 518, Level: 3 Points: 518, Level: 3
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HxC MADxMAN View Post
He said all it did was make it hard to complete a thought for 15 minutes (more effects than I was expecting haha). Safe to say they now know the difference between pcp and formaldehyde
Actually that sounds oddly like mild PCP intoxication. As has been mentioned, in some locales "embalming fluid" (and apparently "formaldehyde" as well) is a slang term for PCP and that's likely what the subject in question actually smoked, then mistook what substance they were on. That or, them being a habitual liar, the whole thing is made up.

Share this on:

Tags
aldehyde, cigarette, cigarettes, drug, drugs-forum, e cigarettes, formaldehyde, making pcp, pcp, phencyclidine, smoking cigarettes, tobacco, washington, weed