Old 02-01-2008, 02:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
pillpopper96743 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2 Points: 263, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
OTC opiate high?

SWIM wants to know if there are any OTC's that can give you an opiate high
(or anything simillar) except for T-3's? Because other threads that SWIM has read says the only OTC that you can use is ROBO or any cough syrup with high quantities of DXM in it.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:53
R.I.P.

Female from United States
moda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medline
Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: OTC opiate high?

Kratom (never tried it) has been found to bind to opiate receptors. Not OTC in the true sense, but not illegal and easy enough to obtain. Also, I've heard in some locations you can legally buy cough syrups or pills containing small amounts of codeine OTC- not where I live, but worth looking into- this will give an opiate high. Another choice, again not OTC in the strict sense, but have you heard of poppy tea? This is the opiate high in the most traditional sense- direct from the opium poppy. Never tried this either, but apparently effective. DXM and other dissociatives- may be chemically related to opiates?- but swim has tried both diacetylmorphine IV and insufflated, and many synth and semi-synth opoids, and she would not compare the dxm "robo-trip" to an opiate high in any significant way. Just swim's two cents worth..

EDIT: Found this by INodHardOhYeah on the opioid potentiation thread- don't know any more info on the topic, but worth looking into:
Loperamide (Immodium): This drug is related to meperidine/pethidine (Demerol) but does not cross the blood-brain barrier in sufficient quantities to cause euphoria. However, the consumption of doses of 150-300% of the therapeutic dose when mixed with high doses of codeine or meprobamate have been reported to produce a weak Darvon-like buzz aside from the effects of the other drugs.

Last edited by moda00; 02-01-2008 at 03:07. Reason: Added loperamide info
Old 02-01-2008, 03:22
Silver Member

Male from United States

Thanks. SWIM would definetely try poppy tea and krantom-(spelling?). But where the fuck would you get poppy tea from? SWIM would go looking for it in chinatown. From what SWIM has experienced, DXM aint that great for an OP high. I did a robot walk all the way home from the theater and tripped out though.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:21
R.I.P.

Female from United States
moda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medlinemoda00 must mainline Medline
Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8 Points: 3,393, Level: 8

Swim has seen recipes to make it yourself, actually. If swiy has a local natural foods store or bulk foods section, swiy could likely buy the seeds in bulk.. or possibly order from some sort of ethnobotany/herbal highs site online.. this may be a better idea if you have a cc and mailing address, as they are less likely to be treated with pesticides or adulterants.. swim isn't an expert, but she knows she's read something about different seeds being used for "OTC highs" having possible chemical residues- this might have been related to a thread on morning glory seeds, more likely methinks, but check to be sure. That said, swim thinks swiy would be fine using normal, store-bought poppy seeds. I don't have an exact recipe, but I think if swiy googled it or checked around on the related forums, someone would know an effective and palatable method of making it. Best of luck!!

Last edited by moda00; 02-01-2008 at 04:23. Reason: spelling edit! getting sleepy..
Old 02-01-2008, 05:38
Silver Member

Male from United States

Thanks alot for the advice! SWIM will soon go to the local grocery or health food store and pick some up. SWIM has just called one of his friends up and got a recipe. Its pretty simple too.
One more question though. Does the tea produce the same effects as the tar that SWIM smokes? Or does it give a dulled opium effect like a painkiller buzz like SWIMS friend said?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:49
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9

Beware that one should never rely on poppy seeds as the sole source of opiates if one is opiate dependent or plans on using frequently. Potency can vary widely, so with a new product or even a new package, one should assay low doses first to check potency. The frequency of doing this can be kept to a minimum of one buys in bulk from a single source.

www.poppyseedtea.com
Old 02-01-2008, 07:21
Silver Member

Male from United States

Thanks for the heads up. SWIM will definetly start with a very low dose and work his way up for a good high, and check for the potency of morphine in the seeds before starting. Hats off to you, Jigsaw.
Old 09-01-2008, 14:22
Silver Member

Male from Germany
donzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

DXM does actually not give you a opiate high because its just a strong dissociative like PCP.
just go to the doctor and tell him you need something against your dry cought and codeine or DHC worked very good for you in the past.

SWIM lives in Germany where you can buy large bags of poppy seeds for baking cakes or something like that - than he just puts a bag in cold water shakes it a little, filters it and drinks the shit- it works because the seeds are actually contaminated with alkaloides and gives you a very strong narcotic high.

hope that helps someone

best regards
donZen
Old 09-01-2008, 14:34
Silver Member

Male from Germany
donzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

Sorry i thought that the "tea" above was poppy-tea
because in germany we call tea a hot drink and after the stuff (seeds) is soaked with water the taste is absolutely disgusting and heating does not make any sense because the alkaloides are on and not in the seeds.

here we just do a fast cold water +citrate extraction

Here we have a list with analyses of most batches from different companies,
so we have a idea about how much of what is inside the package so its not too dangerous for someone thats famillar with opiates but its nothing for opiate naives.

(im new here..)
Old 17-01-2014, 18:46

28 y/o Male from United States
AD25 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpopper96743 View Post
SWIM wants to know if there are any OTC's that can give you an opiate high
(or anything simillar) except for T-3's? Because other threads that SWIM has read says the only OTC that you can use is ROBO or any cough syrup with high quantities of DXM in it.
I simply don't care what anyone says. Imodium does give off opiate like feelings, and it ABSOLUTELY gives off opiate withdrawals. I am currently going through them now after hearing over and over how good imodium was for opiate withdrawals.

Turned out with a bit more research that they are actually an opiate.

The big debate is the brain blood barrier. It could just be that not everyone feels an opiate like feeling from the loperamide (generic imodium, much cheaper), but I can tell you 100% that it did affect me that way. And it's not a placebo affect because I felt the opiate feelings before reading they were an opiate.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please take note of the date on a thread before posting, this one is 6 years old. There are plenty of recent threads you post would be better suited in.
Old 10-02-2014, 17:34

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Totse should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

OTC Codeine if your in one of the several states that allow the sale of Cheratussin AC from behind the counter, or if you're in the UK or Canada. Loperamide in doses of about 80mg get me super high... definite opiate high.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:29
Banned

Male from United States
GettingHighWith123 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

all u need to do is do what i did when i was 8, get appendicitis and youll get morphine...lots of it

dont try otcs to get high except dxm because that is an amazing drug as they are more dangerous than most people think they are

just because u can buy it at a pharmacy doesnt make it safe

Share this on:

Tags
opioid, over the counter drug