Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-12-2007, 22:24

24 y/o Male
thisaintjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Effects of meth on the eyes

I have a very good friend named Swim and he has been interested in the effects of this powerful psycho stimulant, but what are the long / short term effects on the eyes after using meth? SWIM has seen quite a few pictures of meth abusers on the net and some aren't that easy on the eyes. He would assume it makes the eyes appear more wider, larger in fact? What's all this swim hears about meth sinking the eyes and making them look terrible, wouldn't it do just the opposite?
Old 31-12-2007, 23:14

39 y/o Male
Virbius is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Re: Effects of meth on the eyes

First of all, those pictures of meth abusers on the net are usually blatant propaganda. Most side effects can be avoided if one takes proper precautions against them.

Specifically, the short term effects on the eyes, are predominantly during use (while under the influence) and depends on how "high" the user gets. Generally, the eyes will appear larger, or more precisely... wide open. It might be referred to as "bug-eyed". These short term effects on the eyes go away after use.

Long term effects, specifically negative effects on the eyes, are a direct result of staying awake for days, and/or not getting enough sleep. As with anyone who doesn't get sleep, dark circles or "bags" under the eyes will persist, giving the appearance of eyes that are "sunk". Typically, any and all effects on the eyes are a result of sleep deprivation.

Always make sure to get at LEAST 6 hours of sleep every 24 hour period when using meth. There's a lot of potential for "binging" (staying awake for days) on meth, and those propaganda pictures you see are generally people who neglected sleep for long periods of time (among other things). Meth is very powerful, and as they say, with great power comes a greater responsibility. Know how much a given amount of meth lasts you. Discipline yourself on a cut off time that allows the drug to wear off enough to go to sleep every night, for at least 6 hours. And avoid binging or staying awake for days.

Post Quality Evaluations:
sound advice
Very wise indeed, swim beds down at midnight, if not earlier, and don't have to be up until 5:30, SWIM usally wakes up most mornings somewhere around 5... point being without the sleep, SWIM could continue to function "normally".
Old 01-01-2008, 00:09

24 y/o Male
thisaintjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

swim says thanks for the great input!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:03
Silver Member

Male from Earth
EducatedUser408 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2 Points: 316, Level: 2

Good topic.......SWIM noticed that after smokin' "crizz" that his eyes become extremely dry and his contacts become cloudy and irritated......Even with a fresh pair and re-wetting drops......Anybody else have this problem??

slang
Old 06-08-2008, 14:46
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
kcfleecr is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1

Visine, visine, visine. SWIM has the dry eyes as a result of meth regularly and cannot stress enough how much they improve his high and (at least in SWIM's mind) prevent the vision problems that result from the combination of extreme sleep deprivation and chronic dry eye. SWIM isn't positive that there is a benefit in this area, but his friends (who never use drops) have almost all noticed a decrease in their vision with long term use while SWIM has not. It could be a coincidence, but SWIM thinks that is unlikely.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male
theWasp is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1

after his first month of daily use my friend swim's eyes have noticabl bags under them. Swim also swears that his eyes are sunken a bit. It's hard to tell, but it may be partly due to swim's paranoia about how bad meth can make you look.

Swim has been forcing himself to sleep every night (although not always well), he makes a real effort to eat healthy, and often, and he always takes multi-vitamins.

So I guess it depends how much/how long someone has used. But based on my friend swim, I'd say meth definitely has an effect on the eyes.

and swim uses drops to help take away the red, glassy look his eyes get from being overtired, and to take away the red-eye after snorting. He hasn't really noticed it's effect on his vision
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38

Male
SmokingBowls420 is a decent psychonaut.

Souless....visine covers the dry eyes and yellow tint (from being awake for so long).....Swims foaf told swim contacts keep the eyes from being dialted too much, but swim saw this foaf and his eyes were obviously dialted....But nothing, absolutely nothing takes away the souless gaze you get when you slip into the darkness of weekly sleep deprivation.

Bags are a result of loss of sleep, and yes meth does sink in swiys eyes...Not as a direct result, but due to the malnutrition...Swim felt his eyes sink in many times and it was an obvious difference, it was because swim went from 140lbs to 115....swim started looking like a little boy even though he's a man.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:15

29 y/o Male
theWasp is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingBowls420 View Post
Souless....visine covers the dry eyes and yellow tint (from being awake for so long).....But nothing, absolutely nothing takes away the souless gaze you get when you slip into the darkness of weekly sleep deprivation.

Souless is a perfect description of meth's effects on the eyes, even in the short-term. My friends tell me that they can even see people reacting to the "soulessness" of their eyes when they're using--even though they don't generally look like addicts (no sores, no significant weight loss etc.) and they force themselves to eat fairly well and sleep every night.
Old 23-09-2008, 17:58

31 y/o Female
Ihatemeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

When I used meth, we got the creepy sensation that there were bugs on us. Mostly on arms and face. A lot of meth users pick at their face and will not stop. They have bad sores covering it from picking at it. Now my friend and I would also get this weird discharge coming out of our eyes. We always said it was straight meth coming out because we did so much of it. It was whitish in color. Another of our friends would also pick at his eyes-feeling that something was in them. He is now completely blind from picking them away basically. Looks very nasty too. Please do not use meth. It's impossible to use it and then make a "plan" to just go to sleep every night for 6 hours. It doesn't work that way.
Old 23-09-2008, 18:06
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23

ihatemeth please go back and reread the rules which can be found in my signature as self-incrimination isn't allowed
Old 23-09-2008, 18:59

31 y/o Female
Ihatemeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

I'm sorry! How can I delete it?!
Old 10-10-2008, 00:48

27 y/o Male
insomnizombie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1

yeah well most people who do a lot of meth sorta turn into something more machine than human so it makes sense that the eyes start to appear soul less. she makes you her bitch in the end but it sure can be nice to have a break from all that goes with being human sometimes
Old 27-10-2009, 12:53

Male
max dude ya is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

swim just went to the bathroom and his normally light blue eyes are dark green.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:01
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
Arkiser is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1

swim agrees with the eye thing because both my parents are bad tweakers and by that I mean they don't work live with other bad tweakers and they lie cheat and steal to support their habit and they both look like their eyes are 3in deep in their face, while swim on the other hand has a job never steals to get money for Meth and doesn't do week long benders, swims rule is when swim starts to see or hear shit that's not correct swim will then take one more line then settle in for the crash so swim is up 3 to 4 days Max

p.s. sorry about the parents rant.

Please do not use the term "SWIM". See http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=SWIM for more details.
Old 30-10-2012, 19:39
Silver Member

Female from United States
midlifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

One thing my cousin's friend noticed after she snorted meth once, her eyes became immedietly unfocused and her vision was blurred. It only lasted half an hour or so, but she had to really concentrate on focusing in order to see the computer screen.
Old 30-10-2012, 21:22
Silver Member

JoyfulLife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

I get dry eyes something terrible, If I've been slacking on my H2O, but I always have eye drops because when a dry eye spell hits, I can barely see.
Old 31-10-2012, 05:33
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from United States
chaosisbeauty is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1

Sometimes Squirrel spend so much time staring at a screen, usually forgetting to blink (anyone else do that?), that when she finally looks away and blinks everything gets horribly blurry. She will sit and blink very fast for a minute and it goes away. Also Squirrels best friend (who doesn't do drugs) says she always gets very wide eyed "like a little kid" when she is high. Squirrel definitely noticed how sunken her eyes get when she isn't eating and how bad the bags get when she isn't sleeping. Honestly at this point Squirrel has given up on the bags ever going away. Even after a month long break they were still there.
Old 31-10-2012, 08:34

Snowbunni is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfleecr View Post
Visine, visine, visine. SWIM has the dry eyes as a result of meth regularly and cannot stress enough how much they improve his high and (at least in SWIM's mind) prevent the vision problems that result from the combination of extreme sleep deprivation and chronic dry eye. SWIM isn't positive that there is a benefit in this area, but his friends (who never use drops) have almost all noticed a decrease in their vision with long term use while SWIM has not. It could be a coincidence, but SWIM thinks that is unlikely.
My bunny also used visine for her red eyes after spinning out, but recently it stopped working for her. She learned that visine is only meant for very occasional use, and too much will actually dehydrate your eyes and make the problem worse. Instead she's been using over the counter eye drops meant to treat "dry eye syndrome". She likes a particular drop very much called Systane Gel Drops with Anytime Protection. The consistency is mad thick and your vision will be cloudy for 5 min, but they make my bunnys eyes look amazing and feel like she actually slept last night
Old 31-10-2012, 13:03
Silver Member

JoyfulLife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Please stu hydrated! When your eyes go all dry like and your m

JadedLaine added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

(Sorry hit reply on accident)

Mouth is like the Sahara, you're dehydrated and your body is begging for water!

Last edited by JoyfulLife; 31-10-2012 at 13:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-10-2012, 15:14

chiefyjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

the sunken in eyes with bags under them take years and years of abuse to achieve. if you are just experimenting then you have nothing to worry about. all that will happen is that your pupils will dilate.

oh and sometimes my vision blurs a little bit, but thats when i have been up for a couple days.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:21
Silver Member

Female from Australia
medicated_life is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 10.5% Activity: 10.5% Activity: 10.5%

I've been clean from meth for 3 months, but when I was addicted to it, my eyes actually changed shape like they were larger and wider, they looked wired all the time. I'm not talking about my pupils, i'm talking about the shape. They actually changed shape and became really wired, even when i was going days without doing any and sleeping, they were always big and wide for some reason. And everyone noticed this change.

Now that im clean there back to normal. sooo weird!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:27
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
StrtdWithABigBang is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

Rave tweaker's Eye Health on Meth:

#1 WATER!! Lots and lots of water! Meth causes severe dehydration & dehydration causes bags under the eyes.

#2 SLEEP!! At least 4-5 hours of sleep PER 24-hour period (take a break from the shit!). It is necessary for maintaining optimum health. Xanax & alcohol in the correct quantity, can aid in allowing a person the correct amount of sleep. Xanax is basically an "off-Switch" for the effects of meth. Don't rely on it, though. Time your "tweaks" according to your schedule.

3# NUTRIENTS!! As we know, Meth causes our energy level as well as our metabolism to SKYROCKET. It's all fine and dandy as long as we replenish those essential nutrients as fast as possible. Our energy comes from 3 main sources; Lipids (Fats), Protein, and Carbohydrates. All of these can be found in certain types of soup. With the lack of appetite as well as Dry Mouth (see #1) soup can be the easiest thing to ingest while "partaking" in Meth. Protein comes from meats & a few nuts (chicken, beef, eggs, almonds) Fats can be found in Meats as well as soup broth & peanut butter. Carbohydrates are found virtually everywhere except the meat group. Anything made with flour; crackers, bread, cookies, noodles, milk & most vegetables (corn & carrots especially).

These are the BEST & HEALTHIEST way to maintain any health while using Meth. I strictly recommend them. The only other option that I know of pertaining to eye health, is to wear glasses, or use an "under-eye" cream, but "concealing" is only part of the battle.

P.S A large Gatorade bottle contains 41g of Carbohydrates, these can tide you over for a bit, as well as help your body retain water.

Best wishes & happy trails to you all.
Sincerely,
Dr. Fat

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamine binge, binge, meth bumps