Notices

Old 25-12-2007, 23:15

Male
sundaymorning67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Adderall XR & Neurontin (Gabapentin)?

(hullo there, i'm a new fellow)

Have any of you guys ever fooled with this combination? I'm thinking about trying out 15 or 30 mg of the XR with 900 or 1800 mg of neurontin. Both are prescribed to me and I'm familiar with their effects. Neurontin, particularly at the latter dose, has a very mellowing and sometimes psychedelic feel. I suspect that the drugs will either compliment each other (ala klonopin and adderall) or that the neurontin will completely negate the amphetamine's effects.
Either way, I'm curious to hear about the experiences of others before I attempt the combo.
Old 25-12-2007, 23:22

Male
sundaymorning67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Re: Adderall XR & Neurontin (Gabapentin)?

forgot about swim. my apologies.
Old 14-01-2008, 01:28

28 y/o Male from United States
squaliesquad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1

SWIM is also prescribed to both, he's also thought about trying both together.. he likes the effects of them individually but thinks they'd compliment each other nicely, if he tries it out he will try and remember to let you know how it went..
Old 17-03-2009, 16:43
Banned

34 y/o Male
soma is captain of the psychonauts.soma is captain of the psychonauts.

Swim is rx'ed gabapentin and takes it for the comedown. Its amazing what 1800mg gabapentin + 10mg diazepam (and he is so heavily benzo tolerant, 100mg diazepam produces no effect alone) does: you comfortably come down and go into a state of wonderfully pleasant benzo-like drunkenness. SWIM believes that gabapentin potentiates benzos exponentially.
Old 27-03-2009, 01:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
Matt The Funk is captain of the psychonauts.Matt The Funk is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1

Gabapentin feels somewhat like GHB to swim but has a weird kick. First swim feels tired and then energetic/psychedelic, very relaxed feeling though. SWIM plans on doing a simple combo of 1,200mg of gabapentin + 15mg xr adderal, + 30mg methylphenidate, but he doesn't know in what order to take, or if he wants to take the methylphenidate.

SWIM will update on how it goes/feels.
Old 11-01-2012, 15:46

21 y/o Male from United States
SljSlj is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

I'm curious about the combination of Adderall and Gabapentin, as well. Swim says both drugs produce a very enjoyable high, though said highs are very different from eachother. What might the high be like when taken together? And what might the best way to take them? SWIM would think if they were to attempt this, they would take the Gabapentin an hour and 15 minutes to 2 hours before the Adderall, given the slow onset of Gabapentins.

Has SWIY tried this combination before, or otherwise have any helpful suggestions or comments?
Old 11-01-2012, 16:48
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from United States
itsxcrystalxbby is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

SWIM is an IDIOT, no offense to them. Do they realize how dangerous Neurontin is?!
Neurontin is a prescription medicine licensed to treat epilepsy and postherpetic neuralgia, but it has been approved to treat manyyy different things such as nerve damage, insomnia, depression, opiate withdrawals, and manyy other things. My mother is prescribed them for her nerve damage.
This medication can cause emotional or behavioral problems. This may include hostility, hyperactivity, concentration problems, and other behavioral problems. Some of the most common side effects of Neurontin that were reported in clinical studies include dizziness, drowsiness, coordination problems, and infections. In most cases, side effects of this medication are mild and either do not require medical attention or can be treated easily. However, certain problems are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These side effects include suicidal thoughts or behavior, depression, hostility, or any signs of an allergic reaction.
Basically, it really isn't a smart medication to screw around with. Plus, with that medication, the way it's prescribed is to start with the lowest dose and work your way upp, which is done that way for a reason. If you take too many at one time it's very possible to have a siezure...Not fun, huh?
Basically, SWIM needs to know that screwing around with that medication just isn't worth it. Plus, when you continuously take it, you CAN and WILL withdrawal.
But to answer the question, it IS safe to mix the two of them and I'm sure many people have done it. But the bottom line, just tell SWIM to be careful. Neurontin, i know, seems harmless but it has they ability to be VERY dangerous.

&Happy experimenting!(:
Old 11-01-2012, 18:51

21 y/o Male from United States
SljSlj is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

I appreciate that input, but SWIM is very careful when it comes to taking any sort of drug. SWIM only takes Neurontin maybe once a month to sedate themself after a rough day, has been using Neurontin with this pattern for a couple years and never had any problems.

Maybe I should be a bit more clear and descriptive of what SWIM plans on doing, and what I'm asking. SWIM wants to try to take 15-30 mg of adderall w/ 1,800-3,000 mg of neurontin for recreational purposes... Would this be worth it? Or would it be be more rewarding to take them separately?... Can anyone who has tried this combo tell me what the high is like?
Old 30-01-2012, 21:05

Female from United States
housewife is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

I'm prescribed Neuronton 300 mg and Xanax 1 mg 3 x a day, I am very happy with my legal buzz, and if one adds adderall to it, SWIM has an even better day. Yes, it would be worth it. JMHO
Old 31-01-2012, 03:57

28 y/o Male from United States
heirophant is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

hi all. this is my first post. lols.

swims been prescribed adderall 20's 3x daily for the better part of 6 years, and alprazolam 1's 2x daily for about 3. last year after a rather unpleasant car wreck (as if there are any good ones) swim was also prescribed 300 mg gab's. 3 days into swims new script swim was losing long stretches of time. about a week and swim was seizing. not fun. if swiy feels like swiy must, then do, just please, be cautious. swims not the only person swim knows that has had issues with gabapentin. and, unfortunately, swim doesnt really recall any effects that would make this a combo worth playing with (granted, swim doesnt really recall much of that week save waking up in the hospital with an IV in swims arm) ... safety over fun-time, kids. lol. <3

Share this on: