Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kava-Kava
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kava-Kava Piper methysticum

Old 17-12-2007, 01:24
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Dreamland is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Kava-kava paste?

SWIM has been recently disspointed in kava kava both root and an extract he recently tried. SWIM's recently has an extract of kava that claimed it was 30% kavalactones and took 1 full tsp as it was suppose to be strong and felt nothing. So SWIM just recently found a product from a decent vendor a kava paste which claimed it was 84% kavalactones. SWIM is curious is to whether others have had any experience to the kava paste and if it's worth it?
Old 24-09-2008, 19:24
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Kava-kava paste?

The 30% kavalactones capsules swim tried had strong effects at 4 capsules which he broke in half and consumed only the foul tasting powder. The 84% kavalactone paste your talking about swim has tried and works really well but is a bit pricey. He ussually takes Im guessing about 3-4 pea size servings at a time which produces effects as strong or stronger than the 30% kavalactones capsules at the dosage mentioned above. Pros- dont have to take much to feel it, an oz. of the past lasts a long time, Cons-Expensive.

Last edited by Bajeda; 28-09-2008 at 20:47.
Old 24-09-2008, 19:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
Felix Guattari probably knows what they are talking about.Felix Guattari probably knows what they are talking about.Felix Guattari probably knows what they are talking about.Felix Guattari probably knows what they are talking about.Felix Guattari probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 557, Level: 3 Points: 557, Level: 3 Points: 557, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Give it a few more tries, maybe once a day for three days.
Kava exhibits reverse-tolerance; like pot, lots of people don't feel it their first or first few times.
Old 29-09-2008, 02:20
Titanium Member

Male
Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.Frond really adds to the discussion.
Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4 Points: 663, Level: 4

SWIM uses the 84% paste extract gelcaps, and finds that they work quite well, but produce definite stomach upset. SWIM gets very mild but noticeable effects from 1 gelcap, and decent effects from 2 to 3 gelcaps, but stomach upset increases quite a bit as the dosage goes up. SWIM doesn't know whether this should be attributed to the Kava itself, a residual chemical in the extract having an effect (some only partially evaporated solvent, maybe?), or SWIM's stomach being a pansy. Certainly these extracts aren't FDA approved, and who knows what the actual extraction procedures and safety guidelines were.

SWIM will finish off his extract in minor doses, and will use fresh root from now on.
Old 28-11-2008, 14:24

Male
j2lo0se should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I actually just tried 84% Kavalactone paste with no effects. Had 6 large pea sized pieces and took them all at once with water. I notice that kava powder from the same vendor has a much stonger numbing sensation and I believe the paste only has 17/25 alkaloids where as the the powder has 25/25 alkaloids. No point in attempting reverse tolerance with paste due to it's price.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:28

Male
demiurgic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frond View Post
SWIM uses the 84% paste extract gelcaps, and finds that they work quite well, but produce definite stomach upset. SWIM gets very mild but noticeable effects from 1 gelcap, and decent effects from 2 to 3 gelcaps, but stomach upset increases quite a bit as the dosage goes up.
SWIM studies Kava and is sure why stomachs get upset with certain Kavas.
It's the Kavalactone structure. There are some Kavas that have a perticular noty Kavalactone called Yangonin. Only those with cast Iron stomachs can drink this, mainly found in Hawaiian Isa, Papua New Guinea Kavas and a lot of Hawaiian ones too. 2 cents

demiurgic added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frond View Post
SWIM uses the 84% paste extract gelcaps, and finds that they work quite well, but produce definite stomach upset. SWIM gets very mild but noticeable effects from 1 gelcap, and decent effects from 2 to 3 gelcaps, but stomach upset increases quite a bit as the dosage goes up.
SWIM is writing with a somewhat upset stomach because of certain Kavalactone structures present in a lot of Kavas.
There are some Kavas that have a Kavalactone called Yangonin. Only those with cast Iron stomachs can drink Kavas loaded with this bugger, found in Hawaiian Isa, Papua New Guinea Kavas and a lot of Hawaiian ones too.
I have not noticed too much of this nausea with Hawaiian Papa 'ele 'ele, some light Vanuatuan Kava, and other darker varieties that grow in Hawai'i(plant species) that are much more sought after for this reason.
2 cents

Last edited by demiurgic; 05-12-2008 at 09:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-02-2009, 03:53

65 y/o Male from United States
rhodeye should review received reputation comments.
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1

upset stomach? I thinks its best on an empty stomach, maybe 3 or4 hrs. after eating. Maybe walking or riding bicycle a little helps also.
Old 16-07-2013, 05:50

21 y/o Male from United States
Hippiealex1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

So I bought an 84% kava paste and it works, although I have notice if you dose to high it will give you potentially scary hallucinations(for example my blanket kept turning into a big snake, and I actually got out a flashlight because I thought I saw a little owl in my living room Lol) but at normal doses and now that I am used to the stuff its nice and calming and what not helps me sleep(for I am a terrible insomniac) but what I really want to know is how many Mgs of kavalactones would be in a serving of this kava paste ? any infooo

Share this on:

Tags
drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, first time, gel caps, kava, kava 30% capsules, kava extract, kava kava, kava root, kavalactone, kavalactone paste, kavalactones, using kava