Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 14-12-2007, 22:14

24 y/o Male
heroin_ed should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
heating up heroin

the other day swim put heroin and water into a spoon to dissolve, to speed up the process he put a lighter under it but forgot to cool it down. He shot it into an arm vein and then felt all the hot water disperse into his fingertips and go up his shoulder. Then blisters formed on his arm and hands and he couldn't close his hand because it was burnt from the inside. After an hour or two everything went back to normal. (Needless to say he doesn't heat up the mixture anymore). Swim told his friend about this and his friend says that it is not from the water being too hot but from something else. Any answers?
Old 14-12-2007, 22:28
Banned

25 y/o Male
JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.JaWill88 is a decent psychonaut.
Re: heating up heroin

swim sometimes gets a skin reaction where he shoots dope and this white blister like stuff follows wherever the dope goes, like up my arm. but it usually doesn't go further then that. and it feels all warm. and once i couldn't close my hand cause it had that white blistery like stuff on it. and this white blister like stuff was kind of thick too. the first time it happened it scared the hell out of swim until others told him it happened to them to before. it went away within a couple hours. sounds exactly the same. oh and it felt warm too. it was a warm feeling but it didn't necessarily feel like it was burning me. btw, what kind of heroin does swim shoot out of curiosity (white, brown, tar). swim shoots tar.
Old 14-12-2007, 22:32

24 y/o Male

swim shoots tar as well. he just doesn't know what this could be from because it felt like somebody poured hot water on his hand and he's never had the same sensation since because he stopped heating it.
Old 14-12-2007, 22:54
Banned

25 y/o Male

interesting. swim always heats his tar. it doesnt really dissolve well if he doesn't. but its hard for swim to imagine it being hot enough to burn swiy. swim gives his tar a quick boil and then throws the cotton in, draws it up, finds a vein, and bam. and a couple years ago swim had those veins that could be hit in seconds and its never been even close to hot enough to possibly burn. swim wonders what happened to swiy. swims was a skin reaction.
Old 15-12-2007, 22:54

24 y/o Male

yes swim has shot coke before but not recently. He doesn't like doing it because when he would miss a vein he wouldn't know it until he had a big coke blister that he could see. Swim is pretty sure that the sensation he felt was from his mixture being way too hot because he had blisters, the same kind one gets when one burns oneself from the outside.
Old 17-12-2007, 21:12
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5 Points: 1,526, Level: 5
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Hmm, i can't see how it can be hot enough to cause any sort of burn let alone blistering heat that could cause what you describe.

Even if one cooked up gear and just after it boiled, spilled it on some ones hand, i doubt even then it would cause blisters, i just can't see it staying warm enough to cause any noticeable damage like blisters. I am sure it would hurt, but not that much.

I also don't see how injecting something even very hot (i think this is dangerous by the way) would cause you to feel it in your fingertips immediately after injection. What ever one injects in to a vein should be carried away from the injection site to the heart basically, them from there through the bloodstream. The only way i can see this happening is if you hit an artery, other than that i don't know what this is.
Old 22-12-2007, 03:59
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

SWIY hit an artery. This has happened a few times to TIK (those I know); the effect comes on if the artery is even just barely nicked (a friend sometimes needs to use a vein that's very close to an artery and occasionally nicks the artery when trying to get the vein, and even just the few drops in the needle will cause a milder version of what you described). It's apparently painful, but subsides over an hour or so, then you can close the hand again and such; though I saw it once and didn't think it looked like blisters, exactly, but I suppose that's the best way to describe it. Almost more like white hives. *shrug*

Anyway, it didn't have anything to do with the liquid being hot, though an injection user should always make sure the mix cools down before injecting to avoid other problems.

In the experience of TIK, hitting an artery doesn't always involve a gushing of blood into the rig, or the plunger flying across the room or anything dramatic like that. *shrug*

~Kailey_Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroin_ed View Post
the other day swim put heroin and water into a spoon to dissolve, to speed up the process he put a lighter under it but forgot to cool it down. He shot it into an arm vein and then felt all the hot water disperse into his fingertips and go up his shoulder. Then blisters formed on his arm and hands and he couldn't close his hand because it was burnt from the inside. After an hour or two everything went back to normal. (Needless to say he doesn't heat up the mixture anymore). Swim told his friend about this and his friend says that it is not from the water being too hot but from something else. Any answers?
Old 25-12-2007, 22:03

24 y/o Male

yes, thats what SWIM thought... why would it be in my fingertips when the flow of veins go's up your arm not down it. SWIM must have accidentally hit an artery. It's just weird though because it felt like SWIM was being burned from the inside. Oh well.
Old 21-01-2008, 17:44
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
cz-one is a decent psychonaut.cz-one is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2 Points: 325, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

you didnt mention if you'd used citric acid,but in the uk,if you get a burning sensation followed by those white blisters,its cause theres too much citric in your H2o,if you hit an artery it hurts like f**k and the relevant limb swells and goes numb a bit.
Old 21-01-2008, 23:08
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.

This is a bit of an old-ish thread but i had to say....

While i know citric acid can cause burns known as 'citric burns', these burns are invariably localised burns at the site of injection, and possible around the injection site due to very slight leakage. Even so, i seriously doubt citric burns would appear in the hands and the arm presumably relatively far away from the injection site.

If i understand this correctly, then the burning sensation was felt up and down the arm from the hands to the shoulder which seems very unusual even if the heroin solution was very hot which couldn't have been boiling hot and from experience i would say not even close to it. So i would guess a maximum temperature of about 50 - 60°C which still seems on the high side to me especially after the solution cools slightly while the filter is applied and even more so after it is drawn in to the syringe.

Even if the solution was really quite hot and even if the citric concentrations were ridiculously high, like 3 sachets (300mg) at least. Even then i still don't think blisters would form up and down the arm away from the injection site. If anything, such burns and blisters would occur at the site of injection.

It really does make more sense that this thing was caused by a possibly hot (or even acidic) solution being injected in to an artery. Either that or this gear sounds really really dodgy, and if it happened to me while injecting in a vein then i would become very paranoid and probably panic, then seek medical attention immediately. Oh and i wouldn't touch the gear again, even if i was paid to take it.
Old 07-02-2008, 20:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
gojira is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroin_ed View Post
swim shoots tar as well. he just doesn't know what this could be from because it felt like somebody poured hot water on his hand and he's never had the same sensation since because he stopped heating it.
Sonds to me like a combination of an artery hit and a "hystimine reaction" . If you hit into an artery, and many wind around veins, the dope will go AWAY from the heart and out to the extremities- it hurts like hell, kinda like suddenly dunking your hand in VERY hot water, and you will get swelling and a rash like deal. It will go away without any further harm. Ahystimine reaction is a allergic reaction in the skin to cut like vitaminb or something and causes a rash of red to whitish blister looking deals pretty much along the administration route. Also harmless, but a tell tale sign of recent injection.
Old 08-02-2008, 19:33
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bjarkii is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

NEEDLES to say(I AM THE PUNMASTER, MASTER OF PUNS), shooting near boiling liquid into your veins isnt a good idea, but its strange that it caused such a strong reaction. Maybe your dope was cut with gunpowder or thermite?
Old 14-02-2008, 13:37

37 y/o Male
scout619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Pretty sure that was an artery hit, remember arterial blood is red whereas veins run a darker purple. 99% sure you hit an artery, blisters that disappear, burning/electric shock kinda feeling sounds just like it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good response to the original question at hand
Old 14-02-2008, 19:05
Banned

25 y/o Male

swim is pretty much 100% positive it wasn't because the water was too hot. it just isn't possible to cause what happened to swiy. like swim said he used to be able to hit right away right after giving it a quick boil. but even if one is very quick they still have to filter/suck up solution and it is going to cool a whole lot just in that moment. and what swiy described happens to swim semi frequently. it actually happened earlier today that was the first time in probably a week. it's more than likely a histamine reaction or whatever others have mentioned above. cause it's like this white blistery looking shit that rises above the skin and seems to follow where the dope goes sometimes. and it does cause a really warm feeling as well as tingly/numb in the limbs. it must be the same thing. maybe it's a tar thing? swim has also seen it happen to others. btw swim has never even seen powdered heroin in real life so once again maybe it's a tar thing. it seems to most likely be a histamine reaction which swim heard can be very common with tar for some reason. but anyways what happened to swiy sounds IDENTICAL in every way with what happens to swim. it's swims best guess.
Old 15-02-2008, 15:28
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom

Could be a histamine reaction, but whatever it was it sounds very dodgy and it would definitely scare me. I don't like the look of that tar either, i don't know if my friend could shoot that shit, looks like it would literally be black liquid when it's cooked, is it?

It needs an acid as well right?
Old 15-02-2008, 23:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
23year habit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

remember the poem people if its pink. stop and think. if its red go ahead. this reffers to not hitting an artiery. the artery blood is very thin and pink and vica versa.if your in a artery you get pins and needles up and down the site. take out immediatley start again aslong as no blood is in the works so i ve been told try vit c there is no burn but u may need more
Old 20-02-2008, 04:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chromo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

This sounds like what my friends have termed a "splooge". Shortly after shooting, a white bumpiness with a blob pattern raises itself on the surface of the skin. It's never been painful, though it's itchy sometimes, and it goes away in 15 minutes or so. I'm positive the liquid isn't too hot, and also sure it was not an artery SWIM injected into. It's never seemed to follow a pattern, if SWIM had to guess it seems to happen when some of the load misses the vein, but it hasn't really seemed like that was the definite reason. SWIM's always been at a loss as to why this happens on occasion, and to some people, more often.

Share this on:

Tags
dope, eat heroin, eating heroin, heating heroin, heroin, heroin iv, heroine, histamine, histamine reaction, histamine release, injecting help, injection, injection site, intravenous heroin, iv help, iv heroin, missed vein, shoot up, shooting up, swelling at injection site