Notices

GHB GHB, GBL and related psychoactive substances

Old 14-12-2007, 07:47

31 y/o Male
GHBFRYSYOURBRAIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Long Term Ghb Abuse And Long Term Side Effects

This is going to be a long post. It has to do with my experience with GHB. Hopefully we can expand on this and learn about how it affects the body and brain, and how we can affectively learn to live without these or simmilar substances.

Im almost 25 now. I was 16 the first time i tried GHB. Peer pressure is a bitch. My older cousin to be exact. I started using it as an alternative to alcohol. Going to teen clubs on the weekends and being very responsible with it.

From what i had read, there was only good things about it. Increase in Growth Horomone. No Calories. No liver damage like alcohol. Immensely cheap compared to alcohol Spend less than 10 dollars to be fuked up for the night. Good for someone health concious and who worked out.

Well for the next 6 years GHB was my alcohol. I never drank. I hated drinking. I never used GHB 24/7. I figured that was how you got addicted and got the side effects and dependance (man was i wrong). I only used G, when i was going out to a club or bar or party.

One thing that happened was, I started going out every night. For the last 6 years, i was a hardcore clubber if you will. Pretty popular guy, always at the hottest clubs, all the hookups anyone can want. I knew everyone in the city. Went out about 5 days a week minimum.

School was going good too. No hangovers the next day, i breezed through college.

So 2 years ago i decided i needed to quit GHB. Many reasons. The main reason though was, I got to the point that i couldnt get fuked up any more. I would take some G, and not feel anything, and keep taking more, untill it would make me pass out. It was shitty. I could not get that feeling. I was either sober, or passing out.

So i quit. And all was downhill from there. I slowly stoped going out. Depresssion. Anxiety. No good feelings in my life. No will to do anything. Brain works like shit. Horrible memory. Cant remember what i did 2 nights ago without thinking about it hard. Short term memory is Crap. Conversational skills have gone to zero. Wittyness and comedy have left me. Sex drive and sociability have left. No confidence what so ever. No will to live. A general foggy and unmotivated brain.

Its been 2 years since i last used g on a regular basis. I have tried using alcohol for social situations as most everybody does. But alcohol does nothing for me. I get drunk, but i dont have a better time. I get more depressed. Since then, ive used G a couple times, if one of my friends happened to have it, maybe 4-5 times. And i must tell you, when i have taken it, i felt amazing! But its not the path i want to take. Im thinking about the future and how i can become a normal happy person once again.

I have been doing much research to find the cause of my depression. Many things poing to GHB. Dopamine defficiency, or something of that nature, maybe desensitized receptors or neurons, or down regulation or even nurons that have been destroyed. Maybe a chemical imbalance. Im not a neurologist, but i can tell you that i am on the way to becoming one with all that i have researched.

If anyone has anything simmilar to share, please do so. Maybe we can work on finding out what is going on.

I used G, from 16-23, while my brain and body were still developing, so i can imagine that the effect on me might be different then somebody who started at 22 or 25 or used it for a shorter period of time.

I was thinking about taking some dopamine agonist type of antidepressants. Maybe even Ritalin, and slowly helping get some balance back into my brain.

Any comments or advice are much appreciated.
Old 14-12-2007, 09:56
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8 Points: 3,115, Level: 8
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Re: Long Term Ghb Abuse And Long Term Side Effects

SWIM used GBL, GHB and/or 1,4 bdo for over 8 years daily. Stopped cold turkey and felt the way SWIM felt before SWIM started. SWIM of course had preexisting psychological problems which were under control during that period. SWIM also knows that depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and other psychological problems often manifest after adolescence. So perhaps it is not the lack ofthe GHB but a disorder that was controlled by GBH that is the problem. SWIM was much older when SWIM started to use G and had the same problems before starting as came back afterwards. SWIM cannot comment of the effects a chronic GHB habit would have on a still growing brain and body, but it was nothing short of a miraculous panacea for SWIM. Perhaps the problem lies elsewhere for SWIY. SWIM thinks SWIY's symptoms are strikinglyh similar to those of unipolar depression. Perhaps the compensation GHB provided makes the contrast more striking.
SWIM is not dispensing any medical advice and the G could well have been the problem, but it is worth considering another perspective and perhaps consulting with a psychiatrist.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Don't taking points, but you should be aware people are self-incriminating.
Old 15-12-2007, 19:27
Gold Member

27 y/o Male from USA - Illinois
zera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPACzera must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7 Points: 2,428, Level: 7

It would seem to me that a dependence then withdrawal from G would produce the opposite effects: too much anxiety, an inability to sleep, a constant feeling of being on edge. Sounds like swiys problems are the opposite, ie sounds more like a stimulant withdrawal than a GHB withdrawal.

Snapper, has a pretty good hypothesis. Maybe you might want to see a psych and try antidepressants or even benzos like Xanax. If your symptoms don't diminish in a month from using GHB less then it seems like they wouldn't be withdrawal related. In either situation there is no substitute for treating your brain well, take a multivitamin everyday, get lots of exercise, eat well (including fish, there's a lot of evidence that the fatty acids in fish reduce depression and increase brain functioning), maybe try some supplements like 5-htp or piracetam to help your brain reach chemical balance again.

And at least take a little cheer in that it sounds like the past 8 years of your life were something that most people would envy.
Old 17-12-2007, 09:07

31 y/o Male
GHBFRYSYOURBRAIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Thanks for the input. I did have a good time over the last few years, but if i could do it all over, i wouldnt touch any drugs. Maybe once in a while like vacation, or new years or something like that. But ill tell you from me and alot of people i have known, many of us wish we had stayed clean. Any type of drug use usually takes you in the wrong direction in life. I hope that someone will be able to read this and make the choice to not go through what i am going through. What i have come to learn is that whatever you do to your body, will have the opposite affect when you come off. Be it drugs, steroids, suppliments or herbs. So be careful what you do to yourselves. its not worth it.
Old 19-12-2007, 23:00
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
juanathan is learning how to become a psychonaut.

i think the best thing you can do is not take any medications at all. Ritalin might make you feel even more out of it, as it has done with plenty of kids i've gone to school with. I don't have much personal experience with prescription opiates but it sounds like you should stay away from those too, seeing as you might have an addictive personality or addictive tendencies.

your best bet may be to just hit the gym or go running as often as possible to combat the depression. plus, brain development slows after adolescence but does not stop - do as much as you can now to keep your mind performing at its peak.
Old 30-12-2007, 10:51
Silver Member

43 y/o Male
ascii is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

A very good friend of mine has been strugling with depression and the only thing that makes any difference has been GHB. Unfortunately his usage quickly hit 24/7. He describes it as "GHB doesn't make me high, it makes me feel normal". He's been on anti-depressants which help a bit but the side effects are almost as bad. Then recently I gave him Patric Holford's "Optimum nutrition for the mind" to read the chapter on depression. In it he found a piece on "histadelics", people with naturally too high histamine. GHB is an amazing anti-histamine and seems to counter-act this type of depression (not in the Patric Holford book, as proof, take a dose while having a hay fever attack). Doing GHB 24/7 is however a BAD IDEA(tm) The natural treatment suggested in the book is Vit C (2g per day), 15-30 mg Zinc, 5-10mg Manganese, 50-100mg B6, 500mg Calcium and 500mg Methionine (amino acid). Since he's been on this regimen he's been able to stop the anti-depressants (slowly under doctor's supervision) and get off the G. Buy the book, discuss with a doctor/good naturopath.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Welcome to the forum. Good post.

Share this on:

Tags
ghb addiction

» New Threads
Casual marijuana use linked to...
Last post by Dr.Evil
12 Replies, 203 Views
first time heavy drug?
Last post by (NS)-M-Lo-Reason
15 Replies, 296 Views