Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 06-12-2007, 00:27

Male
shyguyfromCO should review received reputation comments.
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Best Sleeping Pill WITH LITTLE HANGOVER

SWIM is looking for a sleeping pill that doesn't cause much hangover the next day. SWIM only plans on using this sleeping pill occasionally (once a week at most). REMEMBER….as little next day hangover as possible.
Old 06-12-2007, 00:38
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - Missouri
blackdb1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: Best Sleeping Pill WITH LITTLE HANGOVER

Swim has had much success with Seroquel. It makes him quite relaxed and drowsy within 30 minutes. Swim has found that if he gets around 6-7 hrs of sleep he wakes up feeling refreshed. He has tried many sleep pills but this one is his preference if swim has to do something the next day.
Old 06-12-2007, 00:55
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9

Diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Tylenol PM) is very useful (in the recommended dose) and doesn't cause any hangovers for me. It doesn't knock one out, but it calms one down enough to be able to fall asleep.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:50
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus View Post
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Tylenol PM) is very useful (in the recommended dose) and doesn't cause any hangovers for me. It doesn't knock one out, but it calms one down enough to be able to fall asleep.

Really....

for me, it was an overall extremely unpleasant feeling, and even though it made me drowsy, I could not fall asleep. Huge hangover the next day.

Then again, ambien works well to let me sleep and I feel great, very energetic and refreshed, when I wake up. It seems that this isn't the case for a lot of people, though.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:52
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from United States
Paracelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumParacelsus is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9 Points: 4,471, Level: 9

Quote:
for me, it was an overall extremely unpleasant feeling, and even though it made me drowsy, I could not fall asleep. Huge hangover the next day.
In the recommended doses on the label?!
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
penta is an unknown quantity at this point

If swiy can get a prescription, swim recommends trying lorazepam. Swim has been using lorazepam for around 2 months now, and it still successfully puts me to sleep without any signs of hangovers in the morning. Swim has tried various other sleeping medicines such as seroquel and trazodone, and both seem to give swim a horrible groggy feeling after waking up in the morning. Even after a good 8 - 10 hours of sleep, swim still feels very groggy.
Old 07-12-2007, 23:00
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus View Post
In the recommended doses on the label?!
I'm not sure, benadryl isn't *for* sleep (is it?). I think they come in 15mg/pill (or was it 50?)

Anyway, Unisom, an OTC sleep aid is just diphenhydramine. I looked up information before I went to buy and found out that one Unisom is equivalent to two benadryl, an like five times as expensive. Also, I believe I found that 1-2 pills of Unisom was the recommended dosage, so I took 2 benadryl one night, and 4 the next, didn't notice a huge difference between dosages, just very unpleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penta View Post
If swiy can get a prescription, swim recommends trying lorazepam. Swim has been using lorazepam for around 2 months now, and it still successfully puts me to sleep without any signs of hangovers in the morning. Swim has tried various other sleeping medicines such as seroquel and trazodone, and both seem to give swim a horrible groggy feeling after waking up in the morning. Even after a good 8 - 10 hours of sleep, swim still feels very groggy.
I've been prescribed to both lorazepam and trazadone. Trazadone is actually quite nice for just sleep, it didn't really have a prnounced hangover, but I did notice feeling generally more tired than usual the next day. Lorazepam is a bit stronger and I even still use it sometimes (prescribed for anxiety as well) to sleep instead of ambien, but it does seem to leave me with a bit of a hangover in the morning. With both I found it just really hard to get up, though.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:24

29 y/o Female
JimVincent1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

lorazepam...i heard thats good and has less hangover as well.
Old 22-12-2007, 09:55

Male
SL0DRO is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

2 4mg's of zanaflex (not necessarily a 'sleeping' pill) puts swim right out and its short acting so always wake up refreshed and ready to go about daily activities, even if takeen at 1 am. also ambien.
Old 22-12-2007, 16:58
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline
Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8 Points: 2,986, Level: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVincent1 View Post
lorazepam...i heard thats good and has less hangover as well.
It has a duration of 12 hours, and will still act when one wakes up, so it does give a hangover. Besides that, lorazepam in mainly an anxiolytic, not a hypnotic. It's related chemical lormetazepam is a very good hypnotic though, though also has a duration of around 10 hours.
Old 22-12-2007, 23:07
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Lorazepam gave the flamingo a horrid hangover. Slow, dulled, groggy. definitely NOT recommended
Old 22-12-2007, 23:20
Banned

Male
sarbanes is a decent psychonaut.

Have tried em all, and Restoril (temazepam) is hands down the best, by a large margin. Not only no hangover, but the quality of sleep is so natural, its virtually indistinguishable from a healthy nights sleep. Its funny how qualitatively different the various benzos are to one another. When taken in a small dose 15mg and under, there is no subjective effect except for sleep. Now, I consider Ambien to be one of the worst. A very strong, unpleasant stoning to me. Lunesta is a bit better, but still, if you are looking for the very best for sleep only, try temazepam. Benadryl don't do much for me, but Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom original, OTC) will knock you out, but give you a nasty hangover as well.
Old 22-12-2007, 23:42
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands
Psych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline MedlinePsych0naut must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbanes View Post
Have tried em all, and Restoril (temazepam) is hands down the best, by a large margin. Not only no hangover, but the quality of sleep is so natural, its virtually indistinguishable from a healthy nights sleep. Its funny how qualitatively different the various benzos are to one another. When taken in a small dose 15mg and under, there is no subjective effect except for sleep. Now, I consider Ambien(zolpidem( to be one of the worst. A very strong, unpleasant stoning to me. Lunesta(es-zopiclone) is a bit better, but still, if you are looking for the very best for sleep only, try temazepam. Benadryl(diphenhydramine) don't do much for me, but Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom original, OTC) will knock you out, but give you a nasty hangover as well.
Please always include the chemical name of pharmaceutical drugs in your posts. This can be easily obtained from Google or other search engine. Doing so will avoid confusion on this international forum. Thank you.
Old 22-12-2007, 23:56

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbanes View Post
Have tried em all, and Restoril (temazepam) is hands down the best, by a large margin.
Seconded, Temazepam is the best hypnotic ive seen in use if SWIy is wanting minimal side effects but with good theraputic benefit. but it would make alot more sense to look what why SWIY isnt sleeping and solve that. After all any sleeping pill particularly benzo's will give rebound insomnia and also lead to unpleasent withdrawals if used frequently.
Old 23-12-2007, 14:54
Platinum Member

Male from Netherlands

In my experience, Rohynol(flunitrazepam) is the best sleep aid available, though it does still act throughout the next day, though I'll never notice that, except for maybe a lifted mood. Rohynol is fast acting, and more powerful than Normison(temazepam), but for someone with no tolerance, temazepam will do fine as well. Note, I was legally prescribed both by my doctor.
Old 31-01-2008, 01:57
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
Horiz is a decent psychonaut.

I have to disagree with temazepam. I was prescribed 10mg a night which did nothing. Tried doses of 50mg and some even higher, no effect whatsoever.

Trazodone was only useful for very mild relaxation which was more annoying than anything as it didn't put me to sleep I would be forced to lay in bed the whole night extremely bored, standing/sitting made me feel ill.

I was prescribed 30mg of Mirtazapine a night recently which did help to get to sleep but left a disgusting taste in my mouth the following day.

I seen my doc today and he gave me Dosulepin 75mg/night which I'll try in a few days.
Old 31-01-2008, 03:07
Gold Member

Male from United States
purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.purplehaze really knows their shit.
Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6 Points: 2,093, Level: 6
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Swim is a complete insomniac, when he absolutely cannot go to sleep and really HAS to he knows that xanax (alprozam SP?) can do it. He said that when he got written up at work and absolutely couldn't miss anymore he would take around 7mg of xanax to go to sleep. He has a problem of carrying days over into the next one, and then crashing. Xanax does the trick and doesnt leave him feeling bad, though he hasn't taken a xanax in a while. Swim said he worries about addiction with xanax so stopped taking them.

Last edited by purplehaze; 02-02-2008 at 00:52. Reason: added chemical name per physconauts post
Old 01-02-2008, 23:59
Silver Member

Male from Belgium
highganja99 is a decent psychonaut.highganja99 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2 Points: 266, Level: 2
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

In SWIM's Honest Opinion Ambien (Zolpidem) Is The Only Hypnotic/Sleeping Pill With Little/No Hangover Effects (In The Prescribed Dosage).
Old 02-02-2008, 06:42
Banned

22 y/o Male
re_animate should review received reputation comments.

to be honist i find cannabis really great for sleep

i have cronic insomnia, no matter what i just cant sleep

ive tried loads of sleeping pills and this is best

no hangover XD

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please read the forum rules regarding self-incrimination.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07
Gold Member

Male from United States
snapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medlinesnapper must mainline Medline
Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8 Points: 3,118, Level: 8

SWIM also votes for flunitrazepam but it is prohibited here. SWIM is also wary of benzos having gone through physical withdrawals from the above and diazepam before. SWIM uses lunesta and kava, with an occasional boost of THP (extracted from corydalis) for bad nights. The latter works very well to get one sleepy, and is considered a mild dopamine antagonist (like seroquel and antipsychotics). SWIM found ambien speedy and not conducive for sleep, but still packed a foggy head the next day - worthless for SWIM. SWIM loved GHB the best, but now it is also prohibited. SWIM would keep a booster dose by the bedside for when it wore off and got great sleep (2 x 4-5 hour rems) and woke up not only refreshed but slightly wired due to the dopamine rebound. That stuff was magic! As a fringe benefit, the growth hormone pulse kept SWIM in shape in spite of no physical exercise.
Old 11-07-2013, 18:20

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bobbybrickhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Zopiclone when used correctly is the best for no hang over.This is now the doctors first choice when prescribing in the U.K.Very hard to get a Temazapam script in U.K. now,unless you come across a nice pliable locum doc.

Share this on:

Tags
doxylamine, doxylamine succinate, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, hangover, hangovers, hypnotic, lorazepam, sleep aid, sleeping pill, sleeping pills